Can I be a writer with this chart?

Robmccam

I have always wanted to be a writer, can anyone tell me if this is a chart for a writer?

natal_wheel.php

IleneK

Premium Member
I have always wanted to be a writer, can anyone tell me if this is a chart for a writer?

Hi, Robmccam.

I think it may depend upon the kind of writer you would like to be. Journalism, literary, academic, other? What is your interest, what do you like to write about?

However, let it be said that your Mercury, ruler of communication, thinking, writing, is essentially unaspected to other planetary bodies in your natal chart, so perhaps its functions may not be so well integrated into your psyche. Mercury is also very tightly square to your life's calling, your lunar North Node, so unexamined motivation to write may not serve you in that pursuit.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

I don't use astrology for important things. Write if you want to. When I asked if I should write on a non-astro site, the replies were pretty hostile like "you don't choose writing, it chooses you." The stars don't choose it either then.

Mars_Sc

Well, you have Jupiter (lord of the 10th and ASC) casimi in Leo (ruled by the Sun itself). Maybe it means that you'll have a career which concerns expressing yourself, somehow showing your thoughts in a respectable way. Besides that, Mercury, which is also near Jupiter, sextiles your DC. Maybe this shows a tendency to make good associations involving communication issues.
In addition, your Mercury also sextiles your Moon in Virgo (which is a highly mercurian sign), showing a great facility in expressing your feelings intelligibly.

Although, that same Jupiter casimi squares your Mars in Scorpio, showing tendencies to opened conflicts which others. That is the only con.

All of this is just a thought I had right know. Maybe it's better to read opinions of someone more experient.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Anachiel

If you can hold a pencil, you are a writer! ;)

Seriously though, are you asking as in being a famous writer or are you talking writing as a hobby or writing to be wealthy or....?

gen6k

Hey. You lack the Air element which will lessen your ability to gather information from different kinds of sources. Lacking Gemini is also lacking the Sagittarius axis. Gemini is in the 3rd house of communications.

On the other hand you do have mercury retrograde which potentiates it in the 5th with jupiter.

I could see you doing some kind of technical/analytical based writing with all the virgo mercurial energy. Along with the exuberant Leo bent.

Your MC is at 26 Sagittarius which will provide some kind of philosophically meaningful output.

I would say that it isnt going to be easy, but it wouldnt be that hard. Well basically it would be steadfast, neurotic, analytical, confident, etc.

Your mercury is also on the voided cusp of oscillation cancer/leo.

Square your North Node it would be something perverse to the "trail" probably writing through an identity that you don't possess.

Someone would have to look in deeper in what kind of thing you possess, but the mercury is funny. The cusp of oscillation is about the space between oedipal inferiority and its inversion. When you balance these forces out you get this directed energy of feeling it out, and placing it where it needs to be with confidence.

With the Cusp of Energy north node what you are trying to do in life is basically cultivate your energetic self and possesions. The trouble that the poster was describing is that you are going to have to figure out how to get the cancer and leo to play on this type of ground that you are following. The north node more describes things on a daily basis and our ontological aspiration, but not exactly what we are. I think that cancer/leo has a more intrinstic feeling/theatrical view of the situation while the aries/taurus wants a formidable battleground. So there could be a lot of mishappenings between this energy as one is selling one thing while describing a thing from another universe or focal point.

What you should do is read Air signs, and try to innovate a position with the "big heart" of leo and the "pragmatic discrimination" of virgo. What you are missing is the libran truisms (nietzche, hiedegger), the gemini wordplay (shakespheres venus) and aquarian revolutionary idealism (james joyce). On the other hand the writing community is always looking for something new on all levels.

Last edited:

Moog

I see Mercury in Cancer in the 5th house of creativity in a mutual exchange with Moon in Virgo in the 7th.

Mercury and Jupiter (exalted) are both in Cancer

You're currently running a Jupiter/Mercury dasa

Jupiter rules your 10th house (career).

The Sun's super close conjunction with Jupiter is interesting, I wonder how that effects things.

What subjects do you find interesting to write about?

Last edited:

Robmccam

Great insight!

Funny enough, I do believe if you can hold a pencil you can write, and it is a decision. I want to be a writer who makes you think. I suppose that I do want to be famous, but that is because the thought of being forgettable is completely absurd.

Several picked up on my technical side. I am really successful as an engineer. This has been my fall back and the troubleshooting and stress is what I do like about it. I really hate the day to day stuff.

The Oedipical inferiourity is intersting. I was adopted at birth and that might have something to do with it. Not wanting to hook up with my mother though (wew!) Being adopted though got me interested in the greater picture.

I had the opportunity to go into theatre and chose not to. While I was getting roles, and had no adversity to being centerstage (Thank-you Leo); I felt I needed a career. As I am writing this I am realizing that I saw this as nothing more than a hobby.

I really want to observe and tell stories that are more meaningful on a deeper level. I enjoy the story that makes your life different (I mean the characters, not necessarily the reader); and I want a legacy. I suppose the legacy is the Leo in me; but with Pisces rising there is an idealism. I feel the conflict is everywhere in our lives; business, romance, politics...you name it. Stories and ideas are just that, a concise description of the contrast; just like any art really. I suppose I use it to vanquish the inner demons that I harbor.

Seeing the conflict is interesting, I was a political science/history major in college. I really don't want to write such obvious works on either subject, but I suppose they can't escape the works. I married a Taurus/Pisces rising; I Leo/Pisces rising (the irrisistable force) married the immovable object.

My works therefore; will be a representation of those demons we battle. A show of the struggle that (from my perspective) we go through, finding identity and meaning. I feel compelled to write.

I understand the Libra angle; but for a different reason. That is the most common birth month. Libra's would therefore have a slight edge with the masses by sheer quantity alone. The fact that they are an air sign and seek equalibrium means that people get them.

Does that help?

Arkimedes

Man, I don't know anything about astrology but I know exactly what your talking about.
Funny my name is Rob, I am a successful engineer and I have just decided to quit and travel the world to write about meeting new people.
I wish I could help you more but I have no idea about any of this stuff yet. My chart is up under "apparently this is a good one...". Maybe more talented people can find similarities. I actually have a friend that is very good at this stuff and she was the one that turned me to this direction so I will show her your chart as well.

SniperBomber328

Great insight!

Funny enough, I do believe if you can hold a pencil you can write, and it is a decision. I want to be a writer who makes you think. I suppose that I do want to be famous, but that is because the thought of being forgettable is completely absurd.

Several picked up on my technical side. I am really successful as an engineer. This has been my fall back and the troubleshooting and stress is what I do like about it. I really hate the day to day stuff.

The Oedipical inferiourity is intersting. I was adopted at birth and that might have something to do with it. Not wanting to hook up with my mother though (wew!) Being adopted though got me interested in the greater picture.

I had the opportunity to go into theatre and chose not to. While I was getting roles, and had no adversity to being centerstage (Thank-you Leo); I felt I needed a career. As I am writing this I am realizing that I saw this as nothing more than a hobby.

I really want to observe and tell stories that are more meaningful on a deeper level. I enjoy the story that makes your life different (I mean the characters, not necessarily the reader); and I want a legacy. I suppose the legacy is the Leo in me; but with Pisces rising there is an idealism. I feel the conflict is everywhere in our lives; business, romance, politics...you name it. Stories and ideas are just that, a concise description of the contrast; just like any art really. I suppose I use it to vanquish the inner demons that I harbor.

Seeing the conflict is interesting, I was a political science/history major in college. I really don't want to write such obvious works on either subject, but I suppose they can't escape the works. I married a Taurus/Pisces rising; I Leo/Pisces rising (the irrisistable force) married the immovable object.

My works therefore; will be a representation of those demons we battle. A show of the struggle that (from my perspective) we go through, finding identity and meaning. I feel compelled to write.

I understand the Libra angle; but for a different reason. That is the most common birth month. Libra's would therefore have a slight edge with the masses by sheer quantity alone. The fact that they are an air sign and seek equalibrium means that people get them.

Does that help?

I know it may not come from the best off me, but if you truly want to be a writer go for it! If your chart say's otherwise then toss it aside. Not saying your chart isn't real (though my opinion is not relevant to this point), but if one lets Astrology dictate his/her life, then that person has no control of it.

Astrology is supposed to be a hobby you upkeep (or serious career to some) that gives you an insight (scope) to your possible future. Besides there is more to Astrology then planets, signs, apsects and houses. There are profections, firdaria periods (if you're into medieval), harmonics, midpoints, almutens, dispositorship, mutual reception and so much more!

I hardly doubt twins (or more) - born on the same date, only minutes apart- lives are perfectly and accurately the same.

gen6k

http://firdaria.com/

I can vouch for the fidaria. I entered the mercury period in 2007 and became much more "theoretical" my friends say.

Im currently under Mercury/Saturn which is kinda heavy but solid then i'll be under Mercury/Jupiter.

MERCURY :: May 15, 2007
  • Mercury/Moon - March 23, 2009
  • Mercury/Saturn - January 30, 2011
  • Mercury/Jupiter - December 8, 2012
  • Mercury/Mars - October 18, 2014
  • Mercury/Sun - August 26, 2016
  • Mercury/Venus - July 5, 2018
then it seems i'll be entering a Moon phase in 2020 which is probably more domestic around age 31.