can one predict whether a person has a long or short life

shl153

hi is it possible to know whether one will have a longer or shorter life..
whether that person will have marial happiness with children
whether that person will have good /bad finance
whether that person will be married onece or twice

If yes then can one get this information from birth dates , time and venue???????????

If yes then please can i have 2 profiles
;-
dob:-29.07.1968
mumbai
india
at 12.56 pm
male

dob
15 march 1971
mumbai
india
at 03.45 female

please can one predict

Night Sky

:38: I think the answer to your question is:

You can predict

But whether you are right or not is another question

There are too many variables.

You might have a long life, but what if you have to suffer bad health? If life is short, but contains joy... and you achieve something amazing, then it is worthwhile.

Ask yourself this question now: What would make life worth living?

And give me an answer...

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
This extract is from William Lilly Christian Astrology 11

"If the Querent is likely to live long yea or not.

Many men and women have not the time of their Nativities, or know how to procure them, either their Parents being dead, or no rememberance being left thereof; and yet for divers weighty considerations they are desirous to know by a question of Astrology, whether they shall live long or not?, whether any sicknesse is neer them? , what part of their Life is like to be most happy? together with many other such Queries people doe demand incident to this house.

Signs of Health or Questions Concerning the First House.

Long Life.

[SIGNES OF HEALTH.]
In the Question you must consider if the Sign ascending, the Lord thereof, and the Moon be free from misfortune, viz. if the Lord of the Ascendant be free from Combustion of the Sun, from the Square, Opposition or Conjunction of the Lord of the 8th, 12th, 6th or 4th House, if he be Direct, in Essentiall Dignity, Swift in Motion, or Angular, especially in the 1st house, (for in this question he is best placed therein) or 10th, or else in the 11th, or 9th House, and in a good aspect with Jupiter or Venus, or the Sun, or in the Termes of Jupiter and Venus, it’s an argument of Health and long life to the Querent, for the Lord of the Ascendant, or Ascendant it selfe unfortunate or Moon in bad houses afflicted, show mischiefe at hand; the aforesaid Significators tree, argue the contrary: for as you consider the Lord of the Ascendant, so the Ascendant is to be considered, and what aspect is cast unto it, viz. good or evil, and by what Planet or Planets, and of what house or houses they are Lords of.

[SIGNES CONTRARY, VIZ. OF SICKNESSE, DEATH, &C. MISFORTUNE.]
It’s generally received, that if the Lord of the Ascendant be under the Sunbeams, or going to Combustion, which is worse then when he is departing, or the Moon cadent and unfortunated by any of those Planets who have dominion in the 8th or 6th, and either the South Node, Saturn or Mars in the Ascendant or 7th House, peregrine or in detriments, or retrograde, or if there be in the degree ascending, or in that degree of the Signe wherein the Lord of the Ascendant is, or with the Moon, or with that Planet who afflicts any of those; I say, any Fixed Starre of violent influence or nature of the Planet afflicting, or nature of the Lord of the 8th or 6th House, then you may judge the Querent is not long lived, but neer some danger, or shall undergoe some misfortune in one kind or other, according to the quality of the Significator and Signification of that or those houses they are Lords of....

It goes on....
Yes, the length of life can definitely be accurately calculated, (if the astrologer is competent enough of course)..
The chapter in Willy Lilly's book on the first house is well worth a read..
Cheers

And heres a useful site: Antiquus Astrologia, Aaron Brody's site...He sets up some useful info there.

And: a link to Ptolemy's view also:
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/4C*.html#9
Lillyjgc

Last edited:

Jilly

Banned
I cannot for the life of me see what gain there is in knowing anyway. If you knew it was to be short, you would worry and think every illness to be your last.. there is reasoning behind our not knowing, and I for one do not want to know.:eek:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
ah, *but I for one DO*....
If you knew it was to be short, you would worry and think every illness to be your last.. there is reasoning behind our not knowing, and I for one do not want to know.:eek:

You might-others might *live their life in full knowledge of its brevity.*..Have you ever visited the palliative care unit for children? They accept their short lives with an astonishing ease...
Jilly, I live under the shadow of a life threatening illness, like many others on this Forum...Look at it from *our* perspective...Knowing when you will die can be very valuable.It helps with the making of major decisions.
Lillyjgc

Night Sky

A LONG LIFE:

Try Asendant ruler trine or sextile Venus or Jupiter in dignity, in Angular houses and definitely away from the sixth, eighth and twelfth houses.

The ninth and the third can potentially be beneficial if the planet makes a trine or sextile to the Ascendant.

Eighth ruler does not make aspect to the AScendant ruler.

Pluto in hard aspect to the Sun can indicate violent and early death. As can planets within the Eighth.

Look to the Eighth ruler for DEATH itself, and then look to the Sixth ruler for the general state of health, if afflicted it indicated long periods of disease, but not necessarily death.

The Sun in a Man`s chart, the Moon in a woman`s chart. These if afflicted will affect the health to a large degree also.

One question if anyone has an answer - What of the Eighth ruler, conjunct the Ascendant? The AScendant ruler in the eighth is a bad sign. But the Eighth ruler in the 1st house? - Because the AS ruler is the life of the querent... and this planet might be dignified and away from danger....

One interpertation I would make is Eighth house INHERITANCE... coming to the person in question (1st house). But ALSO can we say, Eighth house death also coming to the person in question? Or the person being the instrument of death, being involved in it---- the connection is there but its intricacies are difficult to state. LILLY was never clear on this matter.

smilingsteph

I have asked this before, but this guy I really do not care for has his mars in the 8th, I read that was bad....geez, I sure hope not...
Funny still ruminating over that guy....not sure why...
Anyhow what do you think?

BobZemco

blueheron said:
Yes, in the vedic system the lifespan can be seen. I've not found a way to see it in the western system, however.

You can use the Hyleg/Alcoccoden method. There are different methods of calculating the Hyleg (Ptolemy, Bonatti, al-Biruni et al). I recommend using a program as its quite complex (and the old fashioned terminology grates on my nerves).

Generally, if there is a Hyleg, it'll end up being the Sun, Moon, PoF, or ASC. Assuming there is a Hyleg (if not the native's life will be short), you find the Alcoccoden, the planet the makes the first applying Ptolemic aspect that's has the highest dignity.

Based on that, you consult a table of The Years of the Planets and take the years determined by whether the planet is cadent, succedent or angular and use that as your base-line. If Mars was the Alcoccoden and angular, you'd have a base-line of 66 years.

From there, you either add or subtract years (and months) to your base-line depending on which planets aspect the Alcoccoden, and whether the aspects or hard or easy and whether the planet is a malefic or benefic.

From what I've seen, it's quite accurate, being off by only a few years. In a couple of cases where it was off badly, adjusting the birth time by a few minutes yielded the correct number of years, which suggests the birth time was inaccurate.

BobZemco

smokeweedd said:
"knowing the day you die, will take the flavor out of your life"

and he said
I went sky diving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu
and I loved deeper
and I spoke sweeter
and I gave forgiveness I'd been denying
and he said someday I hope you get the chance
to live like you were dying.

I'd like to get my pink slip at least 6 months in advance.

Theo

Banned
shl153 said:
hi is it possible to know whether one will have a longer or shorter life..
whether that person will have marial happiness with children
whether that person will have good /bad finance
whether that person will be married onece or twice

If yes then can one get this information from birth dates , time and venue???????????

If yes then please can i have 2 profiles
;-
dob:-29.07.1968
mumbai
india
at 12.56 pm
male

dob
15 march 1971
mumbai
india
at 03.45 female

please can one predict

Sorry, but it is against the rules of proper astrological practice to tell a client about dates of death, and even then, in the most sensitive of situations, if at all. I strictly will not tell others of this, even if I know from the configurations, since God has free will too.

nehran

There are many ways of course, for according to Medeival Astrology:
first, you have to check to which differentia the native belongs, i.e. is he going to reach adulthood or not
second, you can through his alcocoden determine his life span in general
third, you can, through the more complex techniques of primary directions, reach a fairly accurate time of death

nehran

Also, through vedic astrology there are many ways through which to determine the life span, for Prasara talks in detail about determining longevity in his classic Brihat Prasara Hora Shastra, and actually there are many complex techniques.

Personally, I had found that looking at the main rasi chart, plus the relevant divisional chart, in this case the rudramsa, the chart of destruction, as well as the ashtamsa chart, and the relevant dasa system, can help you in further narrowing down the time of death, or let's say 'danger', for nothing is fixed in Vedic astrology, and may be remedied through various means...