Synastry Mercury opposition = terrible?

katydid

Froggy said:
I've got a Mercury opposition with someone. Here's the chart (I'm the inside, other person is the outside--also the chart doesn't show it, but both Mercurys are retrograde).

I've experienced sun and venus oppositions (with the same person!) and I think that created an initial dislike, but then a turn around.

This is the first time I've experienced the mercury opposition, however. Also, as you can see in the picture, it's not just their mercury, but it's their mercury/venus conjunction. I think I've already started to experience this, and I don't like what I see. It's like, conversations can be good and then also WEIRD and BAD.

Has anyone experienced this synastry aspct before (either mercury opposition, or venus opposite mercury)? How'd it play out?

I think this is more than the 'mercury opposed mercury/venus' that you are
feeling when it gets weird. In general, mercury opposed mercury CAN be a good synastry aspect. We NEED to see things from the opposite P.O.V. sometimes, and it helps us see the bigger picture, and stretch outside of our comfort zone to be around a 'Mercury opposition' partner. It is probably good for your 12th house Mercury in Pisces to get a dose of mercury/virgo in the 6th. It is like the anti-dote for your uncertainty or confusion perhaps.

However in this chart the Mercury opposition is essentially embroiled in a grand square. [ Your Moon/Chiron to your Mercury forms a grand sqaure with the outer circles Uranus/Chiron to their Mercury/Venus. ]

So, in a nutshell, your Moon/Chiron = Mercury in pisces in the 12th.
Thus, you tend to feel deeply, other peoples inner wounds, and try to help them through the darkness, and toward the light, even if it is a bit of a sacrifice for yourself. You are very sensitive and sympathetic .

The other person; Uranus/Chiron = Mercury/Venus in Virgo in the 6th

They, on the other hand, may tend to make snap judgements, or quick decisions, based upon what is the best thing for their particular situation, and they may not always be as tactful , for they think it is more important to tell the truth, even if it is hard to hear.

If this person thinks you are being evasive or unrealistic, they will tell you so in no uncertain terms. Sometimes Mercury/Venus in Virgo even gets kind of a kick out of being 'critical', even if they label it ' constructive' criticism, it still can sting. :60:

Your sun signs are in quincunxed signs your moons are both fire, but his moon conjuncts your mars in taurus. So the way your assert yourself in practical matters (taurus) and his moon (aries)emotional and intuitive nature, might find your rather bossy & stubborn

When the Moon conjuncts Mars in synastry, there is a strong attraction that is both physical and emotional. We are combining yin and yang planets here, and these tend to generate much fascination and attraction. Over time, the Moon person might find the Mars person both insensitive to his or her needs and feelings, and overreactive to his or her needs and feelings! The Moon person might find that Mars comes on a little too strong when times call for more sensitivity or moderation. The relationship is sure to be an emotional one, with plenty of hurt feelings now and again, and joyful moments when the two come together again after an argument. The two people are very involved in each other's lives, and have a hard time being objective. Decisions they make as a couple tend to be very subjective and personal. A lot of touchiness from both parties generally characterizes the partnership.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/moon_mars_aspects.html

His natal venus square uranus =divorce aspect, needs lots of freedom and independece within relationships.
mercury square uranus = mentally quick but poss arguementative.

Your sun sextile his Jupiter is nice. Jupiter Neptune is just out of orb 4'
Your pluto is sextile his venus and your Node is conj Asc which is a very strong indicator of purpose, karma and Lessons to be Learnt. Your sun is sextile his north node

His sun trine your uranus. There is a light-hearted, buoyant quality to your relationship that makes you really enjoy each other's company. You spark each other's sense of humor and you enjoy joking and "horsing around" with each other. You also appreciate each other's creative interests and encourage each other to pursue original, creative activities. Sun especially feels freer and less inhibited by being with Uranus.

To start with it's best to look at the individual needs of each persons chart and how they relate and what they are looking for. Astro.com does have an option composite + natal midpoint method (2) which I find helpful.

When looking at a womans chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html

Have you looked at your composite yet?
Composite charts
If you go to www.astro.com click on free horoscopes, go to Interactive horoscopes, go down to Astroclick partner, that will bring up a composite chart and when you put the mouse over a planet will bring up a pop up box with the interpretation......

But you do need both times of birth to be accurate though.. enjoy.

Composites describe the relationship, not either one of you, but what you came together to learn or to do and how the 'pair of you' function when together....

Here is one of my post's with lots of info, look for Saturn contacts cos they are the 'cement' for good or bad..
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=13745