The Black Moon Lilith and Juno of Marriage

Eske

Bear with me on this:

Lilith in Synastry

"In a man's chart Black Moon Lilith can represent his creative muse or the type of woman most suited to him; but only if he is completely honest with himself. Therefore Lilith often indicates exactly the kind of woman a man would be most terrified of."

In later Hebrew myth Lilith she was the first woman, fashioned by God as an equal to Adam. She subsequently refused to lay down beneath and submit to him, because she wanted to be treated as an equal. Adam subsequently rejected her and took her children, so she flew away in a fury into the wilderness. Later Judaism and Christianty created from Lilith a full- fledged demon, who snatched children from the cradle. I guess the passive belief that a strong lilith dominant woman is a bad thing is in fact due to the religious perception of lilith. She is evil because she disobeyed the male hierarchy.

Another explanation of the lilith suggested by Marguerite Hafeman is that "where a Lilith point is located on a horoscope chart and the close aspects she makes to other planets by progression or transit can indicate quite precisely where one is to encounter the most frustration and difficulty in life, stemming from poor choices, succumbing to temptation or confused thinking. Also the reaping of karmic consequence for avoiding authentic expression of self and persisting in egocentric, inappropriately idealistic or exploitive behaviors that will bring about a downfall. Sexual perversion and mysogyny are other undesirable manifestations of a poorly aspected Lilith. "

She also goes on to suggest that all lilith troubles "spring from undeveloped portions of the self", which remain undeveloped because subconsiously we feel the need to repress the characteristics of the lilith. The soul reason for this, seems to be because those characteristics are viewed as societally wrong.

In a mans chart, the lilith would be viewed as the underlying qualities of a woman that a man craves but feels ashamed for craving. Therefore, he continually seeks to repress his weakness for the attributes, while still looking for the signs of a strong lilith in a partner. The more dominant the lilith, the stronger it's part in his chart. Whereas, in a womans chart, the placing of the lilith would be the qualities a woman hides from the world because she is ashamed of them. The stronger the lilith, the more she feels the need to express herself.

Theoretically, if a man and a womans liliths conjunct, then they may find they draw out the inner attributes they both share. Strengthening the woman and seducing the man. Which could, theoretically result in a very content, emotionally open relationship and quite an intense attraction at first if both liliths are very strong in synastry. Another good aspect would be a trine, which might result in the lilith characteristics of each person being to flow freely creating a more emotionally open relationship, however, the effects of the lilith on the other person may not be as strong.

Juno in Synastry

Juno, or Hera in Greek, was the goddess of marriage. The month of June was sacred to her, still evident in the tradition of the June Bride. The marriage of Zeus and Hera, according to legend, was begun out of duty and was afflicted with infidelity (on the part of Zeus, never Hera), jealousy (mostly on the part of Hera), possessiveness and cruelty (they both participated in these). Hera found herself mostly alone and isolated due to her monogamous status, her loyal nature, and Zeus' womanizing nature.

Juno in the horoscope gives a good indication of the kind of marriage partner that we need and will get. Not the partner we feel we want (lilith). Juno works on a more fundamental level than the lilith, which works on a more passionate and emotionally spurred level.

Loyalty, fidelity, intimacy, monogamy, and the way you possess your partner or wish to be possessed fall under her care. She seems to have similar attributes to Lilith, but whereas Lilith is the initial attraction or infatuation, Juno is about the commitment that may or may not follow. It relates to marriage and partnerships, and can indicate by the sign it is posited in the kind of qualities admired in another person. It is representative of attraction, receptivity and compatibility with others. It is the wife or the woman's role in an intimate relationship.

So how does this fit with the Lilith?

Well, if a conjunct between the liliths of two people is present as well as strong aspects between the two peoples Junos, not only will they have a great initial attraction and probably feel pretty emotionally comfortable with each other, they'll also may feel the need to commit to each other in a long-term relationship and understand the reason for each others need to.

For example a conjunction between two cancer junos, would mean that both are looking for a nurturing and mothering partner and if the conjuncted junos are strong in the synastry chart, then both will be able to provide. However, with this placement, the two may find it hard to open up to each other, (cancer retreating into shell etc....).

However, if their liliths are both in Aquarius maybe, then this suggests that the parts of their personalities that they want to hide in their shell (it seems that a cancer retreats because of a lack of confidence in their personal qualities) would be able to relate to each other. The man would be attracted to what he feels is hidden within the woman and the hidden emotions of the woman would be strengthened by the man.

However, I don't think the lilith and juno of a person being in the same sign, would work as well. In theory, conjuncting liliths, coupled with conjuncting junos in a different sign would be a very good thing for a relationship because the presence of each asteriod would have a far more complimenting and strengthening effect on the other.

Does anyone else agree? Disagree? Have something to add?

pallas

Another explanation of the lilith suggested by Marguerite Hafeman is that ...
" Sexual perversion and mysogyny are other undesirable manifestations of a poorly aspected Lilith. " posted
by ESKE

On the Lilith subject - If Lilith is placed in a woman's chart does it indicate Misandry - the hatred of MEN?
And in if placed in a man's chart does it indicate
Misogyny - the hatred of WOMEN?

What's your input on this thought?:)

Eske

On the Lilith subject - If Lilith is placed in a woman's chart does it indicate Misandry - the hatred of MEN?
And in if placed in a man's chart does it indicate
Misogyny - the hatred of WOMEN?

Well, I guess because the lilith qualities in both men and women usually are so repressed, be it subconciously or not. Maybe an avoidance of that type of person, or a person who seems to symbolise those lilith qualities would be easier, if they just hated them. So I guess yes, the repression of lilith could in fact lead to mysogyny in men or mysandry in women.

However, with the womens lilith, I reckon it would be more because she doesn't want to reveal those qualities and when she's been around men in the past who have drawn out the lilith qualities in her (conjuncting liliths), she tried even harder to repress them and has ended up hating men for making that harder.

I guess conjuncting liliths can go two ways :) incredibly positive or incredibly negative. You'll either hate or love them ^.^

cassanra

besides the conjunction are there other indicators...I have a square of junos (mine in libra and his in capricorn) his lilth trines my juno:)...I was curious as there are some things as nodes and astroids where a conjunction is the only way you can see its manifiestation...thanks interesing subject...oh yeah the lilth on astro.com is that black lilth as I did some reading that there were dfferneces between lilth and black moon lilth.

Eske

besides the conjunction are there other indicators...I have a square of junos (mine in libra and his in capricorn) his lilth trines my juno:)...I was curious as there are some things as nodes and astroids where a conjunction is the only way you can see its manifiestation

Okay well, a trine suggests free flowing energies between the two planets, asteroids etc that are involved.

So I guess, if his lilith is being trined by your juno, he's less likely to feel the need to hide those lilith qualities that he finds attractive, he feels comfortable displaying that side of himself to you. This might exhibit itself mostly in him telling you what he likes in a person a lot or what he wants or finds attractive in the opposite sex. He may be unhappy or frustrated if you don't display these qualities and may be wondering if committing to you would be the right option in the long term (juno square juno) if you don't display these qualities.

And the lilith in that little list thingy underneath vertex is the black moon lilith which I'm talking about heh. I actually don't know which ones are the other ones. Probably should look up on them too some time ^.^ I have heard that there are differences between the liliths.

pallas

Eske said:
I guess conjuncting liliths can go two ways :) incredibly positive or incredibly negative. You'll either hate or love them ^.^

Yea, since conjts are supposed to be neutral, I guess they can
go either way...thanks for the info. I am finding these asteroids
of greater and greater importance on specifics..

prettypiscesxoxo

This is a great post- Thanks...there is not enough info in Lilith anywhere- I wanna write a book now;-)

My JUNO & lilith :conjunct: in SCORPIO H2 - I have quite a few interesting CONJUNCTIONS in my natal chart including CHIRON & Pallas in taurus H8....

JUNO :CONJUNCT: LIlith haunts me- does this mean Im like the "black widow" or am I the next Angelina Jolie, stealing other women's hsubands _ Im not either really.

Im a true pisces, once Im in love, its for keeps- as long as my "other half" doesnt betray me.

Eske

This is a great post- Thanks...there is not enough info in Lilith anywhere- I wanna write a book now;-)

Haha, definitely a good idea there ^.^ I usually use tribe.net for most info. But it's so hard to get membership, for some reason it always stuffs up...

My JUNO & lilith :conjunct: in SCORPIO H2
If you want a closer look at the scorp lilith...here you go:
http://scorpios.tribe.net/thread/04884569-3340-4ddc-b39b-42ee9ecf16ca

Juno in Scorpio is on tribe.net as well. This is the description I found:

Juno in Scorpio: You require a mate who is passionate, loyal, attentive and strong. Your greatest work is done in the area of independence and possessiveness learning that personal freedom does not weaken the bond nor the level of trust that grows through time and faith. Your long terms partners will tend to be both penetrating and controlling, sensual and magnetic and will usually be quiet and secretive rather than overtly mysterious or powerful. Partners can tend to be demanding and high maintenance and loyalty and trustworthiness are ongoing issues and growing fields. Sexuality is an important playing field for relationship growth and understanding and must never be used as a tool of battle but rather as a committed way to explore the unions of hearts and bodies.

JUNO :CONJUNCT: LIlith haunts me- does this mean Im like the "black widow" or am I the next Angelina Jolie, stealing other women's hsubands _ Im not either really.

Not necessarily. If anything, a conjunction between the lilith and Juno could mean that you expect complete equality in a long term relationship, however you also expect a lot of independence (scorp! scorp! scorp!). You're attracted to people who you can relate to on an emotional and mental level and expect your partner to understand you completely, as if he was you.

You may have a very strong connection to your values and find it hard to bend when it comes to them (juno scorp). You probably will end up in a marriage with a lot of power struggles, however the fact that you have pisces dominating your natal chart, you're naturally blessed with rose-coloured glasses. This optimism might help to balance the scorp lilith conjunct juno thingy out and not make it so much of a relationship problem. However, it could go the other way and make it so you fluctuate between wanting to know everything, wanting to be the centre of your partners life, a jealous, untrusting streak, controlling behaviour (strong lilith in long term relationships) and wanting the best in life for your man, actually not minding being called his woman and thinking that nothing could ever be wrong again.

You might find that your lilith characteristics are more present in a relationship when you're starting to become attracted to someone else or otherwise doubting wether you should commit or not.

Don't worry, you're no 'black widow'. To err is human ^.^

prettypiscesxoxo

Thanks for the reply;-)

Could JUNO in H2 (possessions) make me prone to the "trophy wife" syndrome?
Sorry for all the silly questions, asteroids are still NEW to me & finally, you are somebody who knows what they're all about. Thank you again!!!

Im serious about writing an "astrology" book!!! Have a great weekend. C*

Last edited:

sltaverna

What an interesting topic. I have also been wondering about the significance of aspects between Lilith in synastry. Does anyone know what an opposition between two people's Liliths might entail possibly?

Thnx!!
Steph

prettypiscesxoxo

Hey there,

Well - I have looked at my own synastry: past & present, my last 2 "lovers" & I had LILITH trined - mine! They are 0ver 20'years apart in age - Im in between them literally - anyways back to the topic...

My lilith is 7 degrees scorpio~ bf1 = 2 degrees Cancer & bf2= 8 degrees pisces

I also looked at a young married couples chart - The girl was a Scorpio sun with LILITH in Virgo - her HUSBAND had Sun in Virgo :conjunct: lilith.

In essense, His Sun conjunct her Lilith & BOTH their liliths nearly :conjunct: in virgo in H9....

Another interesting fact is that he is from Mexico originally & she is a Native Southern Californian - they met in highschool after he moved to the U.S. - thats a 9th house topic.

They fell in love quickyly & are legally married & have a very intense relationship, they do everything together, & never get sick of each other- their words. This kind of closeness freaks me out, unless its with somebody I feel can be my best friend & lover then I'll walk to the ends of the earth for him & YES, protect his honor b/c its OUR honor when we're a COUPLE.

This must be MY "lilith - juno" :conjunction: in scorpio influence;-)

To answer your question: Lililth links represent to me, anyways, the deep emotional bond we feel with another (of the opposite sex). Its a test, like scorpio often does, to see how far we would go to keep the bond tight - its about letting go of the fear of INTIMACY, not SEX but the kind where a couple is looking deep into each others eyes into the early daylight & sharing their past even the UGLY stuff & still loving one another just the same - possibly even MORE:eek:

I cannot believe all that came out. Its the truth from observation.

Nobody here has mentioned CHIRON & CERES - the asteroids cannot be felt, they do play major roles in relationships especially marriage- I guess b/c my mars & sun trine URANUS, Im not interested in the marriage aspect - long -term is fine with me- it could be 10 years or a LIFETIME- I dont do a couple month here or there, if I say Im in a relationship- its until the END - until we both feel the life sucked out of us- other wise Im in it totally.

Hope this helps someone! C*

Last edited:

pallas

prettypiscesxoxo said:
Thanks for the reply;-)

Could JUNO in H2 (possessions) make me prone to the "trophy wife" syndrome?
Sorry for all the silly questions, asteroids are still NEW to me & finally, you are somebody who knows what they're all about. Thank you again!!!

Im serious about writing an "astrology" book!!! Have a great weekend. C*

I would be more inclined to say that you put a high "Value on
Relationships" and need them for security - they complete you.
The second house always says - "I want" . So with this placement you want
not only a relationship..but an equal one.

You could possibly marry for money or someone who is well off or there may be a situation that relates to equality in the finances that are being
brought together through the relationship..each paying their equal
share and sharing equally in each other assets since this is your mates
8th house.

prettypiscesxoxo

Thanks for that;-) I do tend to attract/be attracted to men who are finiancially secure, being aware of this- I have taught myself to look deeper than material possessions.

"I want" my own business so I can control how much money I make. It would b so easy for me to marry into money being from New York City - there are so many gold diggers & men willing to be "used" - even though they would never admit it!

Yes, equality is very important - Im also have a heavy LIBRA influence (rising sign, Saturn :conjunct: jupiter & ascendant & pluto in first house). Add the Pisces the juno, lilith (SCORPIO), CERES :conjunct: part of fortune & MC in cancer (H10), & chiron in Taurus (H8)

What you have here is someone (me) who puts all herself worth into relationships - if I dont have this ideal balance b/t love & career & family & friends- I will feel incomplete - sure its all fallen apart many times then I just go back to square one- its a cycle that seems to recurr every few years, almost like second nature...

Eske

What an interesting topic. I have also been wondering about the significance of aspects between Lilith in synastry. Does anyone know what an opposition between two people's Liliths might entail possibly?

Well, I find that oppositions are usually a sign of physical attraction in synastry. Which presents problems because although you might be attracted to someone, it could possibly be just physical attraction with no actual substance. However, the lilith is more about the introverted side of peoples personalities...which isn't really that physical.

So with opposing liliths, you could have been very attracted (opposition) to what you thought you saw in him (lilith) at first. Instantly wanting to know everything about him because he seemed so 'interesting' (opposing lilith).

However, once in a relationship if there are no other strong aspects counter-acting this. You could possibly find that you can't relate to your partner on a fundamental level (hidden characteristics opposite to each other). This might end up driving the lilith characteristics further in to both you and your partner (lilith repression). Which would make you think, yes, I am happy, he doesn't see the bad in me, there is no bad in him, this is a good relationship (yay! lilith technically doesn't exist apparently!). But really, fundamentally, you would realise that you're trying to prove it to yourself which is a bad thing (lilith fighting back against repression).

However, in ending the relationship, you might find that there would always be an attraction between you two (opposition) and that you constantly wondered what was missing throughout the relationship(lilith opposition).

I think opposing liliths would be a bad omen for long term relationships. However, it could also teach a person to not cut off the bad side of themselves (lilith), in an effort to be perfect (lilith repression).

sltaverna

Hello Eske,

Thank you so much for your explanation...there seems to be so little on this subject. And, yes, there is definitely an unexplainable magnetic attraction between me and this man...definitely!

Of course, there are many other things going on in our synastry and composite charts. The composite Venus-NNode conjuction is also conjuct IC at 9 Cancer. I believe this has to be the basis and "cement" of our relationship. Oh yeah, and there's always that Venus conj. we have in synastry. : ) This relationship, although packed with physical attraction, has always centered around the tight emotional bond we share. It's definitely a healing thing. He's obviously very near to my heart. (blushing) : )

Thank you again for all of your insight...this is most helpful to me!
Take care,
Steph

Eske

sltaverna -

Yay! Other strong aspects! ^.^

hopefully the opposing liliths don't rear there theoretically ugly head ever :s.

However that mega emotional bond sounds like one of the best situations to be in, in a relationship. I'm pretty sure a bit of lilith strife isn't going to hurt it much :)

Good luck and I hope it works out for the best.

pallas

prettypiscesxoxo said:
Thanks for that;-) I do tend to attract/be attracted to men who are finiancially secure, being aware of this- I have taught myself to look deeper than material possessions.

"I want" my own business so I can control how much money I make. It would b so easy for me to marry into money being from New York City - there are so many gold diggers & men willing to be "used" - even though they would never admit it!

Yes, equality is very important - Im also have a heavy LIBRA influence (rising sign, Saturn :conjunct: jupiter & ascendant & pluto in first house). Add the Pisces the juno, lilith (SCORPIO), CERES :conjunct: part of fortune & MC in cancer (H10), & chiron in Taurus (H8)

What you have here is someone (me) who puts all herself worth into relationships - if I dont have this ideal balance b/t love & career & family & friends- I will feel incomplete - sure its all fallen apart many times then I just go back to square one- its a cycle that seems to recurr every few years, almost like second nature...

Strong achievement chart with that conj in the first house.
Are they all in Libra? With Saturn here you want a responsable
relationship..with Jupiter you might find yourself in many relationships.
Pluto is a regenerator..in the first house that can indicate sometype
of connect with phyically "Rebuilding" or "Remaking" yourself.
With the Libra influence is can relate to the area of beauty...
like changing hair color or plastic surgery. Be careful with the
Pluto...it can also indicate what you become obsessive about.

Ceres has to do with attatchment and separation and often
indicates mother/daughter relationships. Ceres shows how
meet our needs to give and receive nurturance. This also applys
to the food we eat and the nurturance that we recieve from it.
With your Pluto first house and Ceres in Scorpio you may have
contact with someone in your life who "purges" their food...Bulimia would
be the extreme. Or you could find yourself purging the relationships..
you mentioned that without the balance you tend to discard them.

Pay attention to Ceres since it is conjunt your part of fortune..
she plays an important role in your life since it is located in the 10th house.
Caring and providing for others through one's profession or social desitny.
Careers and public work in children services and food-related
businesses can fulfill your sense of social responsiblity. This position
can indicate that love is given conditionally, based on the performance
of the child. This could also relate to your mother. The first prime minister
of Israel had this placement..."responsibility to serve the people".
The key principle here is to love yourself for what you are...not what you do.
With Ceres in Cancer..strong bonding with the mother and feeling
loved and being fed. You can excel at caring for others physically and emotionally. Albert Schweitzer had this placement.

prettypiscesxoxo

pallas said:
Strong achievement chart with that conj in the first house.
Are they all in Libra? With Saturn here you want a responsable
relationship..with Jupiter you might find yourself in many relationships.
Pluto is a regenerator..in the first house that can indicate sometype
of connect with phyically "Rebuilding" or "Remaking" yourself.
With the Libra influence is can relate to the area of beauty...
like changing hair color or plastic surgery. Be careful with the
Pluto...it can also indicate what you become obsessive about.

Ceres has to do with attatchment and separation and often
indicates mother/daughter relationships. Ceres shows how
meet our needs to give and receive nurturance. This also applys
to the food we eat and the nurturance that we recieve from it.
With your Pluto first house and Ceres in Scorpio you may have
contact with someone in your life who "purges" their food...Bulimia would
be the extreme. Or you could find yourself purging the relationships..
you mentioned that without the balance you tend to discard them.

Pay attention to Ceres since it is conjunt your part of fortune..
she plays an important role in your life since it is located in the 10th house.
Caring and providing for others through one's profession or social desitny.
Careers and public work in children services and food-related
businesses can fulfill your sense of social responsiblity. This position
can indicate that love is given conditionally, based on the performance
of the child. This could also relate to your mother. The first prime minister
of Israel had this placement..."responsibility to serve the people".
The key principle here is to love yourself for what you are...not what you do.
With Ceres in Cancer..strong bonding with the mother and feeling
loved and being fed. You can excel at caring for others physically and emotionally. Albert Schweitzer had this placement.
Everything you said was SPOT on.

They say that ceres is connected with eating disorders esp. when negative (square) aspect to to jupiter & saturn & guess what- BOTH my saturn & jupiter in LIBRA square my CANCER MC & CERES- and pluto (libra/H1) used to make me very concerned with how others "see" me. YES!!! My hair color changes more than usual too;-) Went to esthetician school but found I absorb energy from my clients, I enjoy makeup & fashion....

Pluto in libra also has a tendancy to suddenly end relationships that no longer serve their purpose, I give alot to personal relationships & so, I dont have many close friend but many more aquaintances - I find too much "closeness" can be draining.

I have serious issues with perfectionism & I do enjoy caring for people - public - its funny, even complete strangers have come to me for comfort, i always founf that odd until I learned more about astrology & my own birthchart...I am somebody who genuinely wants to help less fortunate. I never turn away from anyone who asks me for help/advice.

Cancer is about unconditional love? Or is that more pisces- Capricorn/10th house is more about public/social life & accomplishments...cancer is the opposite, I can nurture others but I do JUDGE myself (and others) by accomlishments even though i VALUE a kind heart too - very self critical:( trying desperately to change that-

Thank you so much for the insight PALLAS. xoxo C*

Last edited:

pallas

Unconditional Love would be more Pisces...the dream love, the perfect love.
Pisces place little value on the values of this world and is therefore
willing to make sacrifices to help others. They have boundless sympathy, but
must be careful of taking on the "role of the victim". Most Pisces
tend to experience the Ascendant of the chart as the ego into of the
Sun placement because they have trouble developing a feeling of
self-identity.

Cancer is the protector of the nest, the mother bird, but can indicate
great insecurity and a clingyness, especially to the past.
When there is a strong Cancer connection a person may tend to "replay"
the past over and over in their heads, worring about how others see us
and our actions. The key here is that with Cancer we often
worry about incidents that we eventually find that others don't even care about or even remember.

Glad I could help prettypiscesxoxo...
I love the hugs and kisses in your name.:)

prettypiscesxoxo

pallas said:
Unconditional Love would be more Pisces...the dream love, the perfect love.
Pisces place little value on the values of this world and is therefore
willing to make sacrifices to help others. They have boundless sympathy, but
must be careful of taking on the "role of the victim". Most Pisces
tend to experience the Ascendant of the chart as the ego into of the
Sun placement because they have trouble developing a feeling of
self-identity.

Cancer is the protector of the nest, the mother bird, but can indicate
great insecurity and a clingyness, especially to the past.
When there is a strong Cancer connection a person may tend to "replay"
the past over and over in their heads, worring about how others see us
and our actions. The key here is that with Cancer we often
worry about incidents that we eventually find that others don't even care about or even remember.

Glad I could help prettypiscesxoxo...
I love the hugs and kisses in your name.:)

This was a very kind reply;-) Your help is greatly appreciate as I hope to give you great advice someday. Im a total girly-girl - glad you dont find the Hugs n kisses cheesy - *blushing* Please keep in touch PALLAS xoxo C*