How did you get on with father/saturn?

again, just for this thread without looking at how saturn is aspected, can you identify with the traits of father?

SATURN THROUGH THE SIGNS AND HOUSES

Saturn in Aries or in the First House
This Saturn placement indicates that the father was a leader, an innovator in the child`s eyes, and stood apart from everyone else. The child saw the father as one of a kind, a charge‑ahead type who wasn`t afraid to take chances. Most likely, he also had a big ego and competed with everyone around him, including the child. Because he had power over the child,he may have succeeded in convincing the child that his or her talents, feelings and ideas weren`t important ‑ unless they agreed with dad`s.
Therefore, the person with Saturn in Aries or the first house often has difficulties with self‑expression. These individuals do not realise that it`s okay to be what you are and to express your own views until they reach maturity. Individuals with Saturn in Aries or the first house need reassurance that they are important for themselves having to undo the damage father did. If you are involved with such a person, be aware of this and if you have a child with this planetary position, take care that neither you nor your partner competes with your own child.

Saturn in Taurus or in the Second House
The father was an earthy, affectionate, sensual, and rather lazy person who loved his child, and the relationship between them was probably a good one. However, if the father was materialistic, he either may have tried to buy the child`s love with gifts, or else put too much emphases on money, which taught the child to be miserly.
This planetary position does not necessarily mean that this individual will not make money, as might be surmised, but money will be priority in there life. He or she may be obsessed with it, be tight with money. If you are involved with such an ­individual, you might run into arguments over money. Try not to be financially dependent on your partner and keep your money separate.

Saturn in Gemini or in the Third House
In some way, the father inhibited the child`s development of communication skills. The father may have been so talkative that the child couldn`t get a word in, or conversely, he may have been so taciturn that the child found it pointless to try to talk to him. The father`s viewpoints may have been limited in scope, and the child grew up to be closed‑minded, too.
Unless other factors in the chart (such as Sun,Ascendant or Mercury also in Gemini or Sagittarius) offset this influence, individuals with this placement in their charts often don`t even try to expand their minds until they reach maturity ‑ if they do it at all. Even if they do have other chart factors which offset the Saturn/Gemini reticence, they might not be as comfortable with communications or mental pursuits as people who don`t have this Saturnian influence.
If you are a great believer in intellectual expansion and ­communication, you probably will find a relationship with this sort of person frustrating. However, you might be able to find the intellectual rapport you need in other friends, and thus enjoy other things about your Saturn/Gemini partner.

Saturn in Cancer or in the Fourth House
At some time in this individual`s life the father was absent from the home. There may have been a divorce, or the father may have died or gone away to war. In some cases, the father might not have been physically absent,but he was so ineffectual that he may as well have been. The father probably embraced traditional viewpoints and expected his children to do the same. Perhaps he combined the roles of nurturer and disciplinarian in a strange and confusing way; though he had strong feelings toward his children, he never let them know it, and discouraged them from showing their feelings as well. As a result, such individuals have blocks against any kind of emotional expression, and though they may experience intense emotion, expressing it can be so difficult that doing so makes them physically ill.
If you have this planetary placement in your chart, you need to acknowledge and accept your feeling and know that it is okay for you to express them. If you are involved with such a person, encourage him or her to express feelings, but don`t be too disappointed in your partner never does. The inhibitions imposed by the father may be too strong.

Saturn in Leo or in the Fifth House
Although artistic himself, the father may have inhibited the child`s self‑expression or creativity. He may have belittled the child`s efforts so that he or she became unsure and intimidated about expressing talents. The child probably held the father in high esteem and believed him to be an extraordinary person, and was quite proud of him. However, male children especially can find themselves caught up in the "famous father" syndrome, believing that they cannot possibly match father`s achievements so why bother to try? Such people need to be made more cognizant of their own abilities and not worry about equalling their fathers. It is quite possible that these individuals will not realise their talents ‑ or make a success of them ‑ until they reach maturity.

Saturn in Virgo or in the Sixth House
The individual may have trouble working for a living. Either the father didn`t work, was not always able to work in his own profession, or was forced to perform work that was not of his own choosing.
Though not lazy or unwilling to work, this type of individual feels that certain jobs are beneath him or her and resents it when forced to do such work in order to survive. The person may feel that he or she like father, is compelled to do unfulfilling work, and needs to find a way to escape the treadmill. If you are involved with such a person, you may have to help him or her to find a way to accomplish this. Your own life with that person will be happier if your partner feels more complete.

Saturn in Libra or in the Seventh House
This individual`s parents might have been divorced, or they may have been estranged even though they remained married. The father may have expressed a negative attitude towards marriage and/or relationships and therefore, this person is distrustful of them.
The individual could have difficulty forming relationships or being happy in the relationships he or she does have ‑ even though marriage and relationships with other people are important to him or her. However, such people are willing to work at their relationships and therefore might make a "career" out of their relationships. They have a tendency though, to stay in bad relationships long after they should have ended them. If you are involved with such a person, you are relatively secure in the relationship, but if you decide at some time that you would be better off apart, you may have to be the one who breaks it off ‑ the Saturn/Libra person will hang on until the bitter end.

Saturn in Scorpio or in the Eighth House
The father was a magnetic figure and often his effect on others was overpowering. He may have been involved in petty power plays; he enjoyed the command he had over the child and may have tried to compel him or her to perform ridiculous or humiliating acts simply because he could do so. People with this planetary placement generally possess a great deal of inner strength as a result, but they are often reluctant to show it, because their fathers convinced them that they lack fortitude and because they don`t want to be like their fathers. Even if these individuals are able to express their personal power, they still might feel guilt about expressing their sexuality. If you are involved with such a person, expect some sexual reticence ‑ and be prepared to help your partner overcome it.

Saturn in Sagittarius or in the Ninth House
This person`s father probably was an intelligent person whose education was blocked in some way. He may have been idealistic as a young man, but later became disillusioned. For this reason, he may have tried to put a damper on the child`s ideals and illusions, wanting him or her to be more "realistic". Thus, the child either may have rejected the concept of higher thought or rebelled to the point of making it the focal point of his or her life. (This will depend on other factors in the chart). Though intelligent, this individual might balk at using his or her intelligence, and probably either rejects or postpones higher education until adulthood. At times, this person can appear scatterbrained. If you are involved with this type of partner, do not expect him or her to be intellectually grounded or ordered. You may have an animated and enlightening discussion with your partner on a particular subject, then find he or she embraces a completely opposite viewpoint the next day.

Saturn in Capricorn or in the Tenth House
The father may have been an ambitious person, not only for himself, but for his child as well. He may have pushed the child towards a high level of accomplishments, perhaps in a field the child would not have chosen personally. While the father`s ambition undoubtedly rubbed off on the child, he or she may feel cheated if not allowed to choose his or her own profession. Whatever the career choice, this person probably will strive for success not because he or she wants to be the best in the field, but because he or she desire power and recognition‑and to please the father. Although this type of person believes in home, family and other traditional, conservative values, they are not the first priorities. Power may be this individual`s first and only love.

If you are involved with such a person, be prepared to play second fiddle to your partner`s career ‑ and possibly to your father in law as well. A woman with this planetary placement might not be ambitious for herself, but could desire career success for her spouse and her children. If you are in a relationship with this type of woman, bear in mind that if she does not have a career or her own, she may try to live out her father`s ambitions through you. If you share her aspirations, so much the better ‑ but if you do not, you might want to encourage her to seek a profession of her own.

Saturn in Aquarius or in the Eleventh House
The father may have embraced radical causes or ideas to the exclusion of family and friends. New ideas and /or technology were more important to him than personal relationships, and he may have passed this attitude on to his child. The child may have feelings both of attraction and repulsion towards group, social causes, politics, and ideas, and therefore, as an adult he or she either avoids them entirely or embraces them to the exclusion of all else.
Many of the current "Yuppies" were born when Saturn was last in Aquarius in the early l960s, right before the years of protest and "hippie" lifestyles. Hence, we see the children of hippie parents revolting against the anti‑establishment philosophy of the sixties and embracing career success and materialism. This image encompasses both of the principles of Saturn in Aquarius; revolt at all costs against parental values and avoidance of radical ideas. If you are involved with this type of person, do not expect him or her to go with you on missions for Greenpeace ‑ unless the parents happened to be fur traders.

Saturn in Pisces or in the Twelfth House
The father was probably an imaginative individual given to flights of fancy and poetic language, and he may have enjoyed telling stories. Possibly he had psychic abilities and was drawn to mystical studies. The child, too, is imaginative and creative, and may be drawn to the psychic realm, but he or she might become discouraged, fearing that his or her abilities can never match the father`s.
Father also could have been somewhat deceitful, less from malice than from desire to protect himself and those he loved, but this tendency may have caused the child pain. The child may make an effort to be more practical and honest than the father. Though he or she might try to turn off the creative and psychic inspirations, they must be harnessed rather than ignored.
If you are involved with this sort of person, be prepared to deal with a great deal of guilt. Saturn in this position carries with it the guilt imposed by the father. Also, like Atlas, this individual tries to bear the sins of the world on his or her shoulders. You could become your partner`s confessor as well as lover.

rogue_red

Saturn in Aries or in the First House
This Saturn placement indicates that the father was a leader, an innovator in the child`s eyes, and stood apart from everyone else. The child saw the father as one of a kind, a charge‑ahead type who wasn`t afraid to take chances. Most likely, he also had a big ego and competed with everyone around him, including the child. Because he had power over the child,he may have succeeded in convincing the child that his or her talents, feelings and ideas weren`t important ‑ unless they agreed with dad`s.
Therefore, the person with Saturn in Aries or the first house often has difficulties with self‑expression. These individuals do not realise that it`s okay to be what you are and to express your own views until they reach maturity. Individuals with Saturn in Aries or the first house need reassurance that they are important for themselves having to undo the damage father did. If you are involved with such a person, be aware of this and if you have a child with this planetary position, take care that neither you nor your partner competes with your own child.

The description of my father doesnt fit but the description of native with saturn in aries does. My father died when I was 14, up to that point I spent a great deal of time trying to get his attention. My father was emotionally distant but more than that he just never spoke to me, like I was invisible so the resulting damage is the same. My saturn return was very very good for me, extremely painful but im so glad it happened.

cassanra

Saturn in 10th and in capricorn... My father was incredibly ambitious but did not push us toward anything particularly. He wanted us to not just try to fit in and be normal but to be ourselves and excel in whatever turned us on. He was in the arts. I did not marry for my husbands career..that is for sure..but the fact that I was the only one working at times might have been a factor as he changed jobs a lot.

cassanra

If I use the equal house system, saturn is in the 9th and my father was quite focused on education, earned an honorary doctorate in his field and started college at 16. Worked in a university too:) So some of them both sort of fit in odd ways to the description.

Thanks all for sharing, but like i said in the other thread, prob think it better if signs and houses were separated.

No i'm not the author, its just things i've collected over the years and was trying to assess the value of its contents.....

LOL

Nexus7

I see my mother as being a lot more representative of Saturn than my father. She was the one who put more pressure on to get good marks at school and work hard, be well-behaved in public, to conform, be a Good Citizen etc. My father could be more of a mentor though, but maybe mentoring os more a Jupiter thing. There is a pretty Jupiterian side to him.

Awakened_Pisces

Saturn in Libra or in the Seventh House
This individual`s parents might have been divorced, or they may have been estranged even though they remained married. The father may have expressed a negative attitude towards marriage and/or relationships and therefore, this person is distrustful of them.
The individual could have difficulty forming relationships or being happy in the relationships he or she does have ‑ even though marriage and relationships with other people are important to him or her. However, such people are willing to work at their relationships and therefore might make a "career" out of their relationships. They have a tendency though, to stay in bad relationships long after they should have ended them. If you are involved with such a person, you are relatively secure in the relationship, but if you decide at some time that you would be better off apart, you may have to be the one who breaks it off ‑ the Saturn/Libra person will hang on until the bitter end.

Epic Wins, with this one exception: Father left shortly before my conception, in other words the coward walked out on what he started on. And I don't think(thankfully) I inherited any of his weakness.

AnnaViolet7

Saturn in Libra

Yeah my parents divorced(my mum left as my father was violent)
And yeah I would absolutly love to be in a relationship however they havent worked so far..I used to stick around too long but not any more I am learning to break it off quickly if its not working and stick to my boundaries.(I just have to keep working on me which Im doing thru counselling/vibrational medicine then when Im ready I guess I'll find someone)

Saturn in 12th
My father was in a cult so definatly out of touch with reality in a Piscean deluded kind of way...he did make up stories...He was also really abusive and yeah there is a part of me that carries guilt from that(which im working thru) The deciet was true he had this ability to be absolutly charming to outsiders whilst putting everyone at home thru hell.(very Libran- that rings true)

MarieCamery

That Gemini description fits well!! talking talking dad. He says that's because he didn't get to talk at all when he was in the monestary for 20 yrs before. The 5th fits kinda, because he still jokes about me having more kids, little does he know I just lost one that coulda been on his birthday. His sun at 20deg Gemini is exact conjunct my Saturn. (I haven't talked to much to him lately, unfortunatly this past month has been too hard for me to handle any more joking)He does belittle me, like the description says, although I don't think its intentional, more jokingly but it can be hurtful. I am ok with it he is 83 yrs old now.

Marie

Last edited:

astro.teacher

Id be careful about placing the emphesis on Saturn ruling the father completely, this is only true if the nativity is nocturnal. If the nativity is diurnal then the Sun rules the father.

MarieCamery

The conjuntion between, my saturn and my fathers sun- thats probably why there is that above truth regarding how he acts toward me. As for my sun, its harder to find my father related with it although I was born during the day- my sun is in the 8th.

Marie

RockFish

I've got Saturn in Virgo, 9th house. I don't see my father in the description of Virgo/6th house; the Sagittarius/ 9th house description fits my dad a lot better (he is a Sagittarius Sun).

My father has searched for some kind of philosophical system to guide his life, and it took a long while for him to find it. For some time he struggled to make both me and my sisters into independent thinkers; he was particularly bitter about the Church, or
any religious views. He was very skeptical and he passed this to us. For a long time it influenced me in a challenging way, since I felt that life was really a pointless venture, meaningless, being born, dying, that's all. Eventually it led me into my own philosophical search.

astro.teacher

MarieCamery,

What House is your Sun Lord of? This may give you a better and more indepth picture of your father. It may be a little more difficult because of your Sun's placement in a "hidden" house (a House that isnt in view of the Ascendant, those being 12th, 8th and 6th House).

RayAustin

MarieCamery said:
Ok, weird,but Leo is intercepted in my 7th house-so then I don't think my sun is lord of any house.
Marie:confused:

The sun is always a lord of some house.
Whatever the leo cusp is at, is the house that sun rules.

You may have to convert your chart to equal sign or whole sign to see what houses the sun rules.