dreams that seem real

has anyone ever woke up from a dream that seemed like it was real and not just a dream. Every once in a while I have a dream that seems so real to me. I had a dream that I was standing on a sidewalk in the rain, I look up and see that there is a one story apartment building so I follow the sidewalk . I see a man standing on the porch of an apartment at the end of the sidewalk and I sense that he is waiting for me so I keep walking and when I reach him he takes my hand. that is the point where I woke up. I have read on astral travel and I dont think this is it. Anyone have any ideas?

LionKing

Ha! I have a good one. How do you like to have dreams and they happen. That is an erie thing until I got use to it. I have found out it was because I have Neptune in Scorpio as a 4th house placement. I have a lot of dreams and I've gotten use to interpreting them. I do know that when there is something like rain or water, it means that you lose something, maybe a wayward direction. The man waiting for you is a direction that your going to go as he leads you within. Sounds good to me. V/r LionKing

Yes lionking that is what I was thinking also at least that is what it seemed like in the dream. I also dream of houses alot but not sure why none of the houses in my dreams are houses that I have ever seen. I also have neptune in scorpio but I have it in the 12th house. every once in a while I also have dreams that come true. I also have seem strangers in my dreams and met them in real life later. I met my husband a year after I had a dream about him. seems really strange to other people I'm sure. But I read once that there were a number of people who did not get on board the Titanic after they had dreams of the ship going down. So there must be something to it.

LionKing

Yea, there seems to always have a message in them. I predicted my sister having a daughter once. I told her I saw a little girl in an Easter dress. She gave birth to a daughter and 3 or 4 years later, I saw her daughter in the green Easter dress.
I was in boot camp 30 years ago. I dreamed that someone said something to me. At the moment it happened, I thought I could change the answer during what I dreamed, but... it came out exactly like the dream I had. That was pretty erie.
I have them off and on. I have gotten pretty good at self analysis on what the dream ment to me. Maybe you can work with that too.
V/r LionKIng

good idea lionking but how did you start to analyze your dreams. I have read alot of books on the subject and none of them help. they all tell you what different things could mean. like it you dream of sitting at a school desk that must mean you are wanting to back to school. I think everyones dream will have a different meaning. I once had a dream that I was sitting in the mountains talking to the singer john denver.I had the dream a few days before he died. somehow I dont think I can look up the words john denver in a book and get an answer about what the dream meant. wish it was that easy.

LionKing

Funny... it started when I was reading a book in a Christian library at a church I worked at years ago. It just made sense. It is sort of like a Sigmund Fruied (I know I didn't spell that right) analysis. I just would wake up and ask myself what the things I saw in the dream ment to me. Last night I had a dream about an evil man that I knew in my past over 30 years ago. Even though I haven't seen the man in years and I have no idea where he is today. In the dream I saw that his fingers were cut off. He was real kindly in the dream. I thought about it and it ment to me that he is no longer doing the evil things as he did years ago. I know it sounds horrable, but somehow, God gives us these things. V/r LionKing

I was going to ask what the strangest dream was that you ever had. I think that one qualifies. Thanks for the info lionking I appreciate it.

LionKing

Oh I could write a book on the strange dreams that I have had, ha! Here is another one.
Some time ago, I had a dream about the church secretary. She was riding a bike. It hit some water and she stopped. I saw a little girl who was climbing a tree. She was one of the little girls who I coached their basketball team the past year. She looked at me and said "It's my Aunt." I then saw abandoned strip mall with boarded windows.
I went to the office that morning and the church secretary was dropped off at the church. She said that her car got water logged after she hit a mud puddle and she had to call her niece to pick her up. I asked her if her car is parked by the strip mall with the boarded up windows? She said yes and asked how I knew that? I told her about the dream I had.
V/r LionKing

Sivitri

In the quiet night, your soul is receptive to karma part of the way. Mostly people who interprete their dreams would find that life would be very predictable and quite "planned" out. A hint to something higher... Look for it :)

Natasha

bsidmyself said:
has anyone ever woke up from a dream that seemed like it was real and not just a dream. Every once in a while I have a dream that seems so real to me. I had a dream that I was standing on a sidewalk in the rain, I look up and see that there is a one story apartment building so I follow the sidewalk . I see a man standing on the porch of an apartment at the end of the sidewalk and I sense that he is waiting for me so I keep walking and when I reach him he takes my hand. that is the point where I woke up. I have read on astral travel and I dont think this is it. Anyone have any ideas?
I feel that this is a very positive dream. You are integrating a helpful masculine part of yourself in a positive way.
Its posible your coming out of a time of some trouble and this part of yourself has been there to help you and you have recently started to integrate that helpful part.
You dont have to answer but I have a couple of triggers for you
Are you coming to the end of a long outer planetary transit?
Have you been doing any lifestyle couselling and had recent break thrus or been doing some inner work on your own and had some breakthrus

I think its very positive and the result of hard work to grow on your part
N

Sivitri

A dream with insights about myself...
"I see the world as broken down place, war-torn. I am in my own flat trying to keep my family safe. But when i hear soldiers or an army trying to invade into my flat i take up a bamboo and start hitting them 1 by 1... As the numbers grew, the amount of bamboos i use gets even more and more."

My reasoning of this dreams onto myself. I see anything outside my own interest or well-being as a threat to me. I do not allow outside influence into myself for fear of disturbing the peace of my own world, my ego. I defend myself very actively whenever anything tries to invade my pride.

LionKing

This world has been war-torn from our beginning. Selfishness and pride have led and will lead to our distruction. My thoughts have always told me that God has brought each of us here to have an ending story. In our lack or misfortunes, it would be like the story of Job in the Bible. And another answer to Satan and his mischief. In all of our hurt pain suffering, lack of positive life style, can anyone still call me God? Even when they have war and killing can they still call me God?
I admire your dream. It shows us like in the words of R. Lee Ermery; "Ya gotta a pair." Ha! Using a bamboo stick sort of took me by surprise. It tells me than no matter how frugal the weapon is you will use them until your very end. I don't like the area of that you were down to your last few bamboo sticks. But even then, you could sense your going to be defeated, but you kept on fighting. I much admire that.
V/r LionKing

Jilly

Banned
I often have lucid dreams in which I am aware I am dreaming.

The other night there I actually felt someone kiss me on the lips!;)

Wilmingtonian

bsidmyself said:

Years of psychology education says that the man in the dream is you. You're wanting to go a certain direction, but wanting someone else to take the lead.

Someone mentioned lucid dreaming... I think lucid dreaming is the most powerful type. It's of the few times when the conscious and subconscious mind can work together--or grapple, as the case may be. I pay a lot of attention to my lucid dreams and try to listen to what my unconscious mind is telling me. It's a billion times smarter than your conscious mind, after all. :)

Astrofire

Regarding lucid dreaming. There are quite a lot of sites on the net which talk and teach about lucid dreaming and how to do it. Sometimes I wonder, however, if dreams are really only symbolic. What if on some higher astral level they are actually real somehow.I have a lot of lucid dreams, and I can't help but wonder if the people I meet and interact with are more than just projections of my own mind. I have a close Mercury/Uranus conjunction in the twelfth house. Do you think this may have something to do with intense lucid dream activity?

So maybe the man you met in the dream was a being in some higher world actually taking you somewhere:)

LionKing

I have Uranus in the 12H, Like I previously said... dreams all the time that show up apparent... really erie. Symbolic? Yea... I can do that... and I'm not even a pro. I see some things that make sense to me when I do the "dream review." I didn't know that it had anything to do with Uranus in the 12H on the natal chart. I always thought the pull that I got was having Neptune in Scorpio. Maybe I just stumbled on to another thought... ha!
V/r LionKing

cassanra

It is interesting to note where the moon is the night you have these quite vivid dreams. It seems there is a correlation to the moons position and in aspect to natal chart planets and the strength of the dream. Neptune does seem to fit in there too. Most of our dreams are release dreams, emotions that we can not process during the day coming through. The brain can take in larger bites of information through symbolism thus pictures. It would take an hour to explain something that can be said in a moment or picture. The problem is that symbolism speaks to our higher emotional center and anaylisis is our intellect picking it apart. There are symbols that are cross cultural and others that we generate ourselves. I think that the more lucid a dream the more it is trying to tell you something about your path and you need to note it somehow. Dream Dictionairy can give us the typical meaning but it is, like astrology, putting all the parts together and then using that gestalt tht pulls the meaning together for yourself.

LionKing

Cassandra! Good to see your notes. I will pay more attention to that. I knew that there had to be something because my Mercury in Virgo was buggin me with all the numbers telling me that it just adds up. Ha!
V/r LionKing

tsquare

I had one very odd dream....maybe the most unreal real dream that I ever had...and I do not know what to make of it and I usually don't like to reason when it comes to dream......I do't like to try to reationalize them..sometimes they do that theirself....such as you were reading a book on a topic then ahd a dream on a few things you had been thinking about that day...and that seems more common...like a mix up of thoughts and curent emotions creating a dream...
But this one...it was too weird to be real....just too odd...and it had so many different themes to it..I felt incapable of my subconcious making it up..it was vivid, detailed..and very sensual.....it seemed...odd but real...

I was in this building waking arround and all the people were animals..part animal part people....like on of the space movies where everyone is a differnt race of alien....there were goat people hairy with horns but human features...and they wore trinkets and clothes..and seemed fairly normal..could speak...but also animal eliments would show...some comunicaed in animal sounds..it was a real zoo so to speak....
IT was a market of some sort...a large open building with people all around fruit...that's all there was for food was fruit....bannanas grapefruit...etc..all in boxes like at a marlet and in rows...and there were these animal people all arround them...I could not see myself in the dream but I really did not feel myself either.....and there were all these different culural things that were odd...some old seeming...some modern...like a cell phone..and the language that people spoke...it was NOT engilish..and all my dreams usually have engilish...but I understood the languages and there were a few...I didn't caht uch mostly looked arround and walked arround and was slightly odded out...creeped out..then these "people" started to argue.....and fighting broke out in a way......and there was talk of revolution and all sorts of odd things like that....like everything was coming to a head...all these breaking points were happening at once....so I found a place to hide..and it was this stable like pen..straw and animals that talked that were still part people....I don't get it.
SO I'm hiddng in this pen hidding knowing that if soeone sees me I'll fight or get attacked in some way and I have no idea what and the hell is going on with this dream or these people.....I sometimes have an idea about waht is going on and just live out or act a dream...but I had no idea what I was doing here........
so I sat for a while and then I realized that the people in the pen were my friends.....so we chatted for a while...they really wern't my friends but allies of some sort.....I didn't really agree with them on much but we were stuck together by what was going on inside.......
We were found out.
Someone spotted us in there and they were enraged..everone was....so we boggied...theres always some ******* that says...RUN...and when one goes you have to too....we maybe could have snuck out..somehow..I had no idea what I was in....that is the weird thing aout dreams you just end up in things and don't know the way you got in or the way out and that's how this was....so I had to follow..something I HATE to do...so I ran with these guys and someone..this goat man pulls out an old looking pistol and he had a menacing face....and he shot me! one shot...smoke out of the barrel...and I was OK.....it hit me but for some reason it sort of went through or arround or missed..but it was pointed right at me so I was sure I was hit....so I ran....just ran..didin't think....and that is when things became intersting.....we ran out of this building...it had no end to one of its sides...I didn't know that yet....untill then..it was dark outside and all the light was in the building ...but poeple were shooting at us so those in front of me dropped to all fours...like dogs..and started running..and I thought...no way..wtf...I can't do that...then I did just that...I dropped on all fours instinctually...transformed into this beast and started to boogie.....I was fast..it was so much faster to run that way...and I felt safer lower to the ground....there was this other building I instinctually knew to stay away from but we ended up there....we went in and I cant recall much of that...but then it wad say instead of night...and that odd sun coming up feeling was there.....I was tired....angry...sluggish....and we were sitting arround and i felt like I was at work...so we went to work...
They explained there was this place full of objects, things, that were abandoned for some reason...but they never said why...and that were were going to go and get these items and take them back to this shop we were in........I just went allong with it...what else could I do......I was with these people but had no idea how and they were actual people now....human....

We get to this place and I had no idea what was going on....they did....
This place was interesting....anything you could dream of as far as expensive machinery.....tractors, combines......and machines for farming I have never ever seen before.......there was some odd stuff here....and I was aware of that...I made a not while in the dream...which was odd....to remember what this stuff looked like

Last edited: