How dangerous are the eclipses?

JUPITERASC

......The effect of Eclipse can be effective up to 1 year from memory of the books I read from the past.....
Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

An eclipse can link two places together.

There are eclipses that activate other eclipses, from decades earlier.

Events that happen on or around an eclipse
can possibly have fateful outcomes when activated by later eclipses
but obviously not necessarily
because the effect is dependent
on the promise of the natal chart.
So important to delineate the natal chart promise

Every 18 years or so, eclipses repeat, which can have significant impact.

All of which is to say that a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries.

Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
"The old rule for determining the duration of eclipse effects was to count the number of hours the shadow was visible as the years that a Solar eclipse (or months for a Lunar eclipse) would remain effective. Lunar eclipses are visible longer than Solar eclipses, and, in practice, they seem to produce effects of equal intensity and duration. L. Edward Johndro, one of the most skilled astrologers of the 20th century, developed a formula for their effective duration based on the daily motion of the Moon (usually turning out to be between 10.5 months and a little over a year). I have found no absolute rule – it appears to me that the duration of effectiveness is dependent on the number and importance of the factors tied to the eclipse."

From copy and paste from this great article:
http://stargazersjournal.com/blog/articles-2/are-you-eclipsed-v-2-0/

JUPITERASC

"The old rule for determining the duration of eclipse effects was to count the number of hours the shadow was visible as the years that a Solar eclipse (or months for a Lunar eclipse) would remain effective. Lunar eclipses are visible longer than Solar eclipses, and, in practice, they seem to produce effects of equal intensity and duration. L. Edward Johndro, one of the most skilled astrologers of the 20th century, developed a formula for their effective duration based on the daily motion of the Moon (usually turning out to be between 10.5 months and a little over a year). I have found no absolute rule – it appears to me that the duration of effectiveness is dependent on the number and importance of the factors tied to the eclipse."

From copy and paste from this great article:
http://stargazersjournal.com/blog/articles-2/are-you-eclipsed-v-2-0/
Thanks for finding that poyi - in fact, one of Bill Meridian's teachers was Jhondro :smile:

Now Bill Meridian is highlighting that
BECAUSE every 18 years or so eclipses repeat

THEN that can have significant impact.

'....Therefore a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries. Far longer than anyone had previously thought...' Bill Meridian -
http://billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

poyi

Premium Member
Thanks for finding that poyi - in fact, one of Bill Meridian's teachers was Jhondro :smile:

Now Bill Meridian is highlighting that
BECAUSE every 18 years or so eclipses repeat

THEN that can have significant impact.

'....Therefore a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries. Far longer than anyone had previously thought...' Bill Meridian -
http://billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

Definitely, are all just cycles and patterns.

Rusalka

Poyi, my health problems are basically due to a chronical hormonal dysfunction, which is affecting my physical body and my mind too, so I'm worried if this conjunctions/transits could worsen my situation.

Yes, I'm a writer and I would like to establish myself and to be financial independant, because my husband and me are living separated since few months. There are a lot of new situations and changes in my life and I don't feel well at the moment, so that's why I'm even more concerned about those conjunctions and the transit of Saturn over my Mercury too.

Thanks!

I am actually very curious about your Progressed AC conjunct Pluto and Uranus in 2nd house since it is part of the t-square with Saturn, Mars & Venus in 2nd, 5th and 8th house. I am very curious to know how these houses link to your AC physical body and self. If you don't mean talking about your health perhaps, but I guess that involves your 5th and 8th you would rather keep private.

The solar eclipse is going to touch your Mercury which is the ruler of 2nd, 3rd and 11th and Progressed MC is in 11th house Gemini. There should be a change related to your career. The Solar eclipse is not exactly very very close to your Mercury. Is about 3-4 orbs not going to be fatal. I don't believe so. It would need to be exact less than 1 orb, plus Mercury is not ruling your Ascendant. Lunar eclipse is unlikely to cause fatal event as it is more subtle as I said it does not shine itself. Lunar has more effect on your emotion and psychological level.

This close conjunction to your Mercury, perhaps some achievements or challenges. 2nd and 11th house are a lucky house, unlikely to be negative. Plus your North node is 11th and 3rd would be helpful with your writing (I think you mentioned about writing, 11th is friends and group of people, 2nd is income and possessions internal resources, value or actual materials). Also your progressed Moon in Taurus which is exalted that will be still within sextile orb with transit Jupiter in Cancer. Is a pleasant transit going on as a whole.

I am not too good with progression. I would say Progression as Background motions and Major cycle of your life. If nothing majorly negatively going on with the progressions, eclipse will only mean temporary changes for either positive or negative. However, as I said I am not too confident with progressions, I might miss some important aspects.

Hopeful someone else offer you some detail readings so you can consider more different views.

poyi

Premium Member
Poyi, my health problems are basically due to a chronical hormonal dysfunction, which is affecting my physical body and my mind too, so I'm worried if this conjunctions/transits could worsen my situation.

Yes, I'm a writer and I would like to establish myself and to be financial independant, because my husband and me are living separated since few months. There are a lot of new situations and changes in my life and I don't feel well at the moment, so that's why I'm even more concerned about those conjunctions and the transit of Saturn over my Mercury too.

Thanks!

The hormonal dysfunction must be your 5th house Venus Mars conjunction square Saturn Rx in the 8th, Moon square Neptune can also be related. But I don't see really direct negative link. Some other members may have different observations.

I have Saturn Return coming up, similar degrees to yours. So I understand your concerns and feeling low with the Saturn transit close to your Mercury, Neptune is not very good for the mind as well it can also cause depressive thoughts. Since it is also in your 4th house. Saturn often brings in a lot of insecurity, feeling of restriction and frustration, separation as well. Saturn as by signs of rulership, it affecting your Capricorn 6th and Aquarius 7th house.

With the solar eclipse perhaps the current situation with your husband would come to a conclusion. Eclipse also will always bring in new things, new situation or new people. You Mercury rules natal 11th house and 2nd house. I sincerely wish these two fortunate houses will give you wonder changes in life. These 2 houses are good.

In life, we all have up and down. We might feel extremely alone, like an alien, not belong to anyone, and no one seem to care or able to offer help. The fortunate thing is that Time keeps flowing forever. It never stays the same. The most difficult time will also pass away. It is just a process of life. We learn from sorrow to become stronger. The lessons can be so harsh, seem it will never end. But never give up. You have Jupiter Rx in the 11th house. Even it is Rx the energy not as easy flow, but that is still a good Jupiter. You should have faith and look inward for guidance. When there is nothing available externally, you should look inside and you shall find some treasure.

Last edited:

insania

Hi!

I was looking for eclipse effects and came across this thread. The November 3rd eclipse will conjunct my Jupiter in 2nd House. How can I find out if it wil be a good omen or a bad one for my finances?

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 31

Zarathu

Account Closed
If you are willing the buy a book, I suggest you purchase one by my friend Celeste Teal.

Eclipses: Predicting World Events & Personal Transformation (Special Topics in Astrology Series) Paperback
by Celeste Teal

Available on Amazon for as little as $2.32 used. Best book I know on Eclipses.
Celeste specializes in prediction using 2ndary progressions and transits, and also on the Moon. Her sitE is called MOON VALLEY ASTROLOGY

JUPITERASC

Hi!

I was looking for eclipse effects and came across this thread. The November 3rd eclipse will conjunct my Jupiter in 2nd House. How can I find out if it wil be a good omen or a bad one for my finances?
One way is to recall and consider events at the time of the previous eclipse on/close to this degree which was 17 October 2005. Keep in mind that the transiting planets would have been differently located as well :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
Another very simple way to assess is to review which are the houses Jupiter is located and ruled. 2nd, 4th and 6th including traditional. Solar eclipse is always about new changes whatever condition you are at with these house will expect changes. The last eclipse is very good reference as what JupiterAsc stated above. The last one would be the seed and this will be the result if the last one caused event already. Another way is simply look at your own solar return and confirm where this eclipse is in the solar, repetitive messages always pointing out as the obvious matter.

I have got wisdom tooth growing out pressing on my facial nerve and jaw not in my best to do reading...lunar eclipse is in my 8th house ruler Mars is in the 1st :( so it aspect Moon in Capricorn and Mercury in Scorpio, it happens to show up as tooth, and nerve, Mars in the 1st house, the head/face. It could be just as simple as common sense like this.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Another very simple way to assess is to review which are the houses Jupiter is located and ruled. 2nd, 4th and 6th including traditional. Solar eclipse is always about new changes whatever condition you are at with these house will expect changes.
Any changes indicated may well occur to others - such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family.

And when eclipses affect countries then the entire population is in some way affected

Change after all is normal - the Chinese have the I CHING also known as the BOOK OF CHANGES that uses hexagrams to assess change. Every moment change is happening :smile:
The last eclipse is very good reference as what JupiterAsc stated above. The last one would be the seed and this will be the result if the last one caused event already.
The 'seed' eclipse may have occurred many hundreds of years previously in fact. For example the saros is based on the recognition that 223 synodic months approximately equal to 242 draconic months and 239 anomalistic months. However, as this relationship is not perfect, the geometry of two eclipses separated by one saros will differ slightly. In particular, the place where the Sun and Moon come in conjunction shifts westward by about 0.5° with respect to the Moon's nodes every saros, and this gives rise to a series of eclipses, called a saros series, that slowly change in appearance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saros_(astronomy)

'....Each saros series starts with a partial eclipse (Sun first enters the end of the node), and each successive saros the path of the Moon is shifted either northward (when near the descending node) or southward (when near the ascending node). At some point, eclipses are no longer possible and the series terminates (Sun leaves the beginning of the node). Arbitrary dates were established by compilers of eclipse statistics. These extreme dates are 2000 BCE and 3000 CE. Saros series, of course, went on before and will continue after these dates. Since the first eclipse of 2000 BCE was not the first in its saros, it is necessary to extend the saros series numbers backwards beyond 0 to negative numbers to accommodate eclipses occurring in the years following 2000 BCE.....'

'....The saros -13 is the first saros to appear in these data. For solar eclipses the statistics for the complete saros series within the era between 2000 BCE and 3000 CE are given in this article's references.[9][10] It takes between 1226 and 1550 years for the members of a saros series to traverse the Earth's surface from north to south (or vice-versa). These extremes allow from 69 to 87 eclipses in each series (most series have 71 or 72 eclipses). From 39 to 59 (mostly about 43) eclipses in a given series will be central (that is, total, annular, or hybrid annular-total). At any given time, approximately 40 different saros series will be in progress....'

'....Saros series are numbered according to the type of eclipse (solar or lunar) and whether they occur at the Moon's ascending or descending node.[11][12] Odd numbers are used for solar eclipses occurring near the ascending node, whereas even numbers are given to descending node solar eclipses. For lunar eclipses, this numbering scheme is somewhat random. The ordering of these series is determined by the time at which each series peaks, which corresponds to when an eclipse is closest to one of the lunar nodes. For solar eclipses, (in 2003) the 39 series numbered between 117 and 155 are active, whereas for lunar eclipses, there are now 41 active saros series...'

Another way is simply look at your own solar return and confirm where this eclipse is in the solar, repetitive messages always pointing out as the obvious matter.

I have got wisdom tooth growing out pressing on my facial nerve and jaw not in my best to do reading...lunar eclipse is in my 8th house ruler Mars is in the 1st :( so it aspect Moon in Capricorn and Mercury in Scorpio, it happens to show up as tooth, and nerve, Mars in the 1st house, the head/face. It could be just as simple as common sense like this.

poyi

Premium Member
yes there are many potentials for those houses. Usually, when I do my own chart, I will look at the midpoints to minimize the areas of potential events. It has been working very well to get clearer and more specific prediction. But everyone use different method. In my case, I use midpoints.

By the way, my toothache is so much better now!!! no facial nerve pain and my gum is much less swollen now!! This wisdom tooth had taken many years and still not finished growing out :w00t: I thought it was going to turn nasty.

JUPITERASC

yes there are many potentials for those houses. Usually, when I do my own chart, I will look at the midpoints to minimize the areas of potential events. It has been working very well to get clearer and more specific prediction. But everyone use different method. In my case, I use midpoints.

By the way, my toothache is so much better now!!! no facial nerve pain and my gum is much less swollen now!! This wisdom tooth had taken many years and still not finished growing out :w00t: I thought it was going to turn nasty.
Support the cleansing systems such as liver, kidneys, to flush away the toxins - Hippocrates gave excellent advice :smile:
images

images
images

poyi

Premium Member
Health is only one letter away from Wealth. I truly understand how important health is. Healthy body already allows a lot of freedom. A very helpful professional Medical astrologer already told me to be careful worth kidney and liver as you mentioned here :(

Caro

The eclipses are obviously linked to the nodes. So with the NN at 7 scorpio and SN at Taurus 7 then this is quite a distance from this eclipse.
so I would think that the solar eclipse in Nov at 11 degrees scorpio with NN at 7 degrees would be the more powerful of the two?

that eclipse then is conjunct my north node near asc! :whistling:

JUPITERASC

The eclipses are obviously linked to the nodes. So with the NN at 7 scorpio and SN at Taurus 7 then this is quite a distance from this eclipse.
so I would think that the solar eclipse in Nov at 11 degrees scorpio with NN at 7 degrees would be the more powerful of the two?

that eclipse then is conjunct my north node near asc!
:whistling:
A solar eclipse at 11 degrees Scorpio last occurred on 3 November 1994 , nineteen years ago
and the one previous to that was on 3 November 1975 - similarly nineteen years previously
And so clearly eclipses occur in regular pattern.

To assess likely 'power' of any particular eclipse contacting any natal chart planets/Asc/Desc/MC/IC/and so on
it's instructive to recall events at those previous eclipses.
Then consider the transiting planets at those previous times as factors in events at that time
:smile:

poyi

Premium Member
A solar eclipse at 11 degrees Scorpio last occurred on 3 November 1994 , nineteen years ago
and the one previous to that was on 3 November 1975 - similarly nineteen years previously
And so clearly eclipses occur in regular pattern.

To assess likely 'power' of any particular eclipse contacting any natal chart planets/Asc/Desc/MC/IC/and so on
it's instructive to recall events at those previous eclipses.
Then consider the transiting planets at those previous times as factors in events at that time
:smile:

Hmmmm in that case I was around 11 years old. I think I was quite sick physically. That was the time I had my first surgery and it was removal of a lipoma under my chin and woke up in the middle of surgery for under sedation, very traumatic. But I can't recall rather my grandfather died around my 10 or 11 years also very traumatic. The last year 13th November eclipse was very difficult one to me personally but it is becoming better influence now.

Try to recall back significant events definetly helped. Then the event chart of the eclipse maybe can be used like a synastry chart with your natal.

Last edited:

Caro

Thanks JA.

well around the 1994 eclipse my sister in law was involved in an car accident, which resulted in my niece being born prematurely a month later. so that fits with the effects of the eclipse. my mars in in 12th house. I spent a lot of timein hospital visiting my niece. My niece is now nearly 19. she is disabled. (tr Uranus/Neptune conj in 3rd house).

I will have to look at what else was going on

'75 - I was 8. pluto entering 12th house. Saturn in leo. my parents were getting a divorce. which occurred a year later.