Princess Diana: Sun In 7th House or 8th House?

greybeard

You have to decide which house system to use on your own, based on your experience.

I have been using Placidus for most of my 40-odd years of tinkering in astrology. It works. I know it works because heavy transits, as they come over house cusps, trigger corresponding events. In a horary chart one morning (in the wee hours) a friend called me, terrified that the dream that had awoken her -- about her personal death -- might come true. She was in near-panic (an ideal psychological state for horary work).

Casting the chart, the degree of her natal Placidus 8th cusp appeared on the Ascendant. No other house system produced this result. The degree on the cusp of the 8th -- the house of personal death -- was entirely appropriate of the "question", described at the Ascendant.

So these are other ways than "the house cusp tells of the character of the native" to check house systems for effectiveness.

Many excellent astrologers began their careers using one or another of the quadrant systems, but have now switched to Whole Sign houses.

I have experimented with several systems (Placidus, Porphyry, Campanus, Regiomontanus) and find that among those quadrant systems Placidus seems to "work" best for me.

ukdesifem

I can't say for sure, but wouldn't surprise me if her Sun was in her 6th house. She was publicly geared, so it may make sense.