Michael Jacksons Chart

Just been looking at celebrity birth charts, and Michael Jacksons was very interesting, although I knew it would be. His birth chart has probably been analyzed by every Astrologer out there. I thought I would practice what I would find in his chart, as I am still only learning most of the basics of Astrology.

Here are some of the interesting Planetary influences on his chart I thought described him pretty well.

Sun Conjunct Pluto - This really shows how hidden his persona is, how intensley private he is and how you can never really know who he is, because he never really reveals himself. Relating to his father as the Sun in the birth chart represents the father. There is a powerful influence here were the father holds a lot of power - Power Complex.

This conjunction falls in the 4th house, making this influence even more powerful - since this house is related to the early childhood home. The area of transformation is his home, family roots generally. The meaning I have read of this placement of Pluto in the 4th house - Pluto may cast a shadow across the path that leads back to your past, haunt you with feelings of statelessness and a profound inner lonliness. It is imperative that you should exorcize such a ghost.

The Moon is in Pisces - highly sensitive-dreaming of a better world, reigning need to feel accepted for who you are.

The Moon squares his Ascendant - All these feelings are not so readily apparent to others because your way of expressing yourself gives them the lie in some way.

Moon square Saturn - When Saturn touches a personal planet in the birth chart it tends to crave those things that the planet represents - Moon being childhood, he has always tried to get hold his childhood he feels he never really experienced it, having to grow up too soon, and also Saturn Moon finds it difficult to be the right age at the right time.- One of his songs being - Have you seen my childhood.

Moon in 10th house - All I have described above is made very public with this placing. Reflected in your professional life. Achievements up and down. Emotional security dependent on professional sucess.- Ultimately it is how much you have come to terms with the self image you acquired in childhood that determines your professional well-being.

Venus and Mercury in Leo - Highly Creative.

Mars in 12th house - Self assertion somewhat repressed and hard to get a handle on. Maleness or sex confusing or intimidating.

Relationships - Venus conjunct Uranus- Jump from one relationship to the other-divorce prone.

Saturn in 7th - Failing to commit yourself leads to feeling lonely or being alone.

There are lots of other aspects I didn't go through but these were enough to describe him pretty well. I know it is easier to do a chart on someone so publically famous.

Very interesting though his aspects and chart. Good practice as well in learning Astrology - I thought I would have a break from always looking at my own chart, sometimes it is harder reading your own chart, maybe I can refuse to see certain aspects of myself.

Miss S

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
confusion about birth time

Miss,

Great job at analyzing Michael's chart! It looks like you are using the 11:45 PM birth time for Michael. If you could also give the birth information along with the analysis, this would help others to follow along with your interpretation. As you may know, there is a lot of confusion about Michael Jackson's exact birth time:
http://www.astrodatabank.com/NM/JacksonMichael.htm

so it gets a very low Rodden rating for accuracy. As a result, the Moon aspects to planets are not reliable (since the Moon moves very quickly through the day: without an exact time, the Moon's position is unknown) in Michael's chart. But the rest of the planetary aspects you gave are "spot on"!

About astrological confusing,

Tim

I thought that the details of MJ is 29 Aug 1958 at 11:53pm. Probably wrong though

Using the above, I thought Mars in 12th is interesting as it indicates a secret sexual practices maybe. Also mars square venus probably adds to some sexual confusion.

Otherwise, yes, 7th house saturn - looking for a father figure or parent in a personal relationship.

And Gemini Asc - forever young. Aquarian MC 0- "heal the world" and obviously the eccentricities.

Jupiter in the 5th is also very apt (and conj N node) - he had obviously a lot of luck (as well as talent) back then. Conj to Nept in 5th probably helps with the illusory/dreamy sensation of him more particularly when he was younger. This is also sextiling his sun.

Venus conj Uranus - disruption in romances maybe. Also conj IC probably adds a very a bit of hush hush to romances of his.

I suppose Sun in 4th and in virgo makes him a bit retiring and perfectionistic. And as Ms S, combined with pluto, controlling. His Dad? Also with wide square to Saturn

Moon in 10th - just part of his art, expression of his emotions publicly. With is squaring of saturn that might be repression of emotion or his dad repressing it.

Hi 23,

Good point on the Ascendant, I was trying to think what it would represent, I was thinking dual nature. But yes forever young is a good way to describe his Gemini Ascendant.

Also what you said about the perfectionistic Controlling father at home. This is true, Michael had to constantly learn his dance routines and practice his singing and performing.

Jupiter in 5th larger than life performer. Aquarius on MC describing his eccentricities, which are very much in the public eye.

This describes Michael Jackson so well.

I suppose another way of describing MJ's asc is Peter Pannish, not wanting to grow up, hence his Neverland and kids as well as sexual ambiguity.

But Miss Saturn, you are right; in his day, he certainly was a larger than life performer and you are right about venus and mercury in leo - lover of performing/entertaining and a thinking to pretty much perform/entertain. Probably uranus-venus conjunction also making him a very fresh/new/innovative enertainer. He also has shocked us at times. It is very apt that these two planets are in the 3rd house too.

Thanks for the help 23,

Also I was looking for all the surgery he has had and trying to find it in his chart.

I looked at his Sun conjuct Pluto - Transformation to self, but this alone would not indicate the surgery.

Would his chart ruler indicate it, he has Gemini Ascendant so his chart ruler is Mercury. As the first house represents, the physical body, appearance, identity, persona.

Mercury conjunct Pluto - Obsessive thinking about, Appearance, self image. With Mercury and Pluto in the 4th house it stems from his obsessive thinking about what happened in his early childhood.

Mercury square Mars - Mars can represent cutting. Knives. I can only think all these angry thoughts are directed on to himself, and then the need to have surgery which Mars rules to transform appearance Sun conjunct Pluto.

Also from Mars there is a square to Venus which would add to surgery to appearance. Also the Venus conjunct Uranus dramatic change to appearance.

Not sure if I have interpreted right, but I am learning to put repeated themes in a chart together, and this is what I found for Michaels appearance. One factor alone I wouldn't have come up with this but there are lots to consider here.

I am still trying to work out the Neptune in the 6th with a conjunction from Jupiter in the 5th.

Miss S

Miss Saturn - I think from my minimal knowledge of astrology, you have pretty much have said what I think re plastic surgery. I think your points are all valid. Surgery is scorpionic by nature and is ruled by mars (the knife). he also has a quincunx between his North Node and mars - some uneasiness between his surgery and future life; and also with saturn - uneasiness with parents or career in general? Also I interpreted mars as sexual practices as well.

However, the chart that I am using (11:53pm birthtime) has neptune in the 5th. Regardless of which house neptune falls in, it makes sense. In the 5th, its the expression of his spirituality/emotionality/dreaminess through entertainment and in the 6th, it is his service or job. Either way it makes sense.

The conjunction between Jupiter and Neptune probably deepens his spirituality and ability to express his already present luck to entertain in his case. Jupiter in the 5th probably also means maybe travel through entertainment.

Also N node sits in libra - some quest in beauty maybe. And when things don't work out, a falling back to the S node in Aries. Conquest through music and popularity in the community and friends in his case. The other day he asked Eminem to help him restart his career. Not sure if him and Em are friends though :)

Also notice that the only "outwardly focused" planets/points (on the eastern side of the chart) are moon, south node, mars, uranus and venus and "outwardly" planets (above the horizon) are mars, S node and moon.

Yes Travel through entertainment couldn't spot that one. The meaning I have read on Jupiter/Neptune - Utopian ideal that everyone is kind and beautiful deep down. But to avoid being dangerously gullible, ponder on the fact that everything is good and beautiful and laid back as it is - not as you fancy it to be.

You do not in any way have minimal knowledge of Astrology, you have an excellent eye for detail, you have pointed lots of different aspects out to me, that I didn't spot and explained them clearly. You have a great understanding of this subject.

I will have a look at the Nodes in MJs chart, as I am interested in his direction in life.

Miss S

Last edited:
I was looking for wealth in Michaels Chart, here is what I came up with.

Michaels 2nd house ruler the Moon is in the tenth, but I can't really depend on this as birth time unreliable.

Capricorn is on the cusp of the 8th house and it's ruler is Saturn.

Aspects made from Saturn the 8th house ruler.

Saturn trines Uranus which is ruler of M.C. Uranus is in the third house and it conjuncts Venus, which rules communication/voice Money earned through these activities.

Saturn trines Mercury his chart ruler, which brings in money made from communication/singing. Mercury conjuncts Pluto "powerful voice" and sextiles his Jupiter/neptune being in his fifth house larger than life performing. Also Mercury opposes his M.C linking back to his career.

Jupiter/Neptune are able to manifest money. Faiths and beliefs seem to bring wealth.

Saturn trines Venus/leo/3rd - Again income earned with these activities. Creativity/performing/singing.

Also a 4th house Sun - Destiny and family will help propell the person to succeed.

His Jupiter is at 28 degrees and this means the potential to achieve something special - It is in the 5th house so again this larger than life performer. With Saturn being in Sagitarius and Jupiter rules this house all links back to how he earns his money.

I am not stating any of this to be true, I might be completely wrong, if I am could someone please tell me where I am going wrong in my interpretation.

Miss S

wilsontc

Staff member
Jupiter-Pluto

Saturn,

Aspects between Jupiter (expansion) and Pluto (other people's money) can indicate wealth in a chart, and Michael has Jupiter sextile (energy goes easily with) Pluto.

Valuing Michael,

Tim

Yes Tim, Missed that one it may be more important as well because Jupiter being at 28 degrees any aspects made to this planet will be very significant. Like chart ruler Mercury, Neptune and Pluto.

Miss S :)

What a great explanation Miss Saturn :), you really have taught me something with your analysis of the rulers of houses and their houses. I tend not to look at those things when I do a chart.

Also because of venus-saturn trine, his career has been long but maybe not stable at times because of the venus-uranus conjunction. Still his career is stable enought and has produced him a lot of wealth. I'm sure as Tim said, that has a lot to do with the relationship between Jupiter and Pluto too.

I think we should also see what we can extract about venus, being the planet associated with singing through rulership of Taurus. Interestingly, tau is his 12th house. I suppose it is about singing with complete fusion with the universe and deep from within with maybe a spiritual aspect. Also the other sign ruled by venus, makes the 2nd and 3rd decan of the 5th house. I think also there is a biquintile between moon and venus, very helpful in this case. Surprisingly, that is the only bq in the chart. Otherwise, there is a quintile between venus and jupiter - luxury, money, singing etc all linked. Again the only quintile in his chart.

I am pretty sure that the details that either you or I for MJ is right. Our analyses of these charts match him to perfectly.

Also what is the significance of the 28th degree? Is that a Sabian thing or a pre-anarectic thing?

I was reading that a planet in the 2nd degree adds a lot of power to a person. I think I read it on astrologyinserbia.com. Queen Victoria has a multitude of planets in this degree around her chart and as we know she was on the throne for a number of decades. MJ has Neptune on the 2nd degree in Virgo. I am sure this has contributed a lot to his fame and life path both for his singing career in general and his appearance (the melting, gradual change of it). I wonder if if Neptune's "trine" with the 12th house cusp has some significance here?

Any ideas?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&&cid=knrfileb4qFJi-u972786153&nhor=18139203

Last edited:
Hi 23,

Also Jupiter in the 5th house, big involvement with children. The Jupiter/Neptune connection involved in big charity causes for children. Big/healer/children. M.C Uranus World Organisations.

Concerning career yes there has been lots of ups and downs, which would be the connection to Uranus.

Venus connected to his singing Venus in Leo- being the Regal sign King of Pop Music/Entertainment.

Venus conjunct Uranus - His singing style is very unique, he also has a lot of breaks in his singing i.e woo hoo hee hee (if you get what I mean :D )
Unique entertainer/shocking entertainter. He can sing quite quickly. (Venus sqaure Mars) Overall an Innovative expression of his singing.

Venus trine Saturn - great strength to his singing, staying power. Also Saturn/Venus career in music/creative fields.

Venus sextile Ascendant - Uses singing, entertaining as an external way of expressing himself. As Ascendant represents self expression, identity, character all link back to the third house.

Venus Associated to to the 12th through Taurus - yes I would seem to think spirituality through his singing. Soulful singing. Adds sensitivity to his singing, more when he is singing love songs or his spiritual songs i.e Heal the world type of song adds a vulnerability to the voice. Maybe he finds escapism when he is singing, forgets about his childhood/past trys to heal through singing.

The planets at degrees I got this from a book which talks a bit about Natal Promise in the chart. Here is the explanation of them from my book.

When I am doing a chart and I see planets at 27, 28, and 29 degrees. I make note because this person has the potential to achieve something special. I have seen many clients who have planets at these degrees who are very rich. I have alot of Millionaire clients who have real estate holdings with Sun at 29 Cancer.

It seems MJs chart with having Jupiter at 28 in Libra 5th house did seem quite fitting being linked to Entertainment/Travel/Abundance through relating artistically through his voice Libras ruler placed in the 3rd.

Neptunes connection to 12th house cusp - High spirituality, the 6th house and 12th house axis - Possibly service to others through his spiritual/using Imagination through his Taurus sign on the cusp, which links back to his third house Venus singing - service/imagination/singing.

That was the best guess I could give on the house cusps as I am not used to working with them.

Miss S

Last edited:

Missa

I'm a bit suspicious about his birth time. There are many things that fit and why not, but then there are some things that make me wonder. Mostly about his appearance. He has obviously had lots of plastic surgery, so it is hard to judge what his face would look like in reality. For some reason Gemini ascendant and plastic surgery don't go together in my head but maybe that's just me. He is also relatively short or average height (5'9) and Gemini's are supposed to be rather tall. Small things... but make you wonder.

wilsontc, a bit off-topic - sorry for that, but how about a square between Jupiter and Pluto?

Again great analysis Miss Saturn :) I will have to look a bit more at his chart to see if I can see anything else but it would now be a bit like extracting blood out of a stone for me.

I was thinking, would you like to join me for another person's analysis? Maybe someone who is well known like Bill Clinton or Britney Spears.

Missa- I thought Gemini were short and thin traditionally. I know a couple of gem sun and asc people and they are very petite. He is though a Virgo with Gem rising according to the details that I used and that would probably be average height for a guy.

As for plastics, we kind of explained through aspects how that has occurred but I also think the fact that he is gem rising would give him at least more than one appearance as we know gemini "has two faces". Also the gradual change of his face of the years might indicate at least some mutability somewhere. He does have Gemini teeth (bit horseish).

Here's some pictures of MJ in his younger days:

michael-jackson-early-years.jpg

Michael_Jackson_biography.jpg

After some plastic surgery:
michael_jackson_7.jpg

http://snaps.snapsoid.com/~popstar_michael-jackson_with_michael-jackson#snapsbig

ha ha!

You can see his face is very round, probably more of a virgo thing. Geminis tend to have quiet long faces.

Hi 23,

I think we have extracted a lot from his chart, I have really enjoyed analyzing it. It is always bettter when you have others to work it through with you.

One last thing I was thinking about was his court case. I think Saturn in Sagitarius in the 7th possibly relates to this.

Sagitarius Law, Jupiter rules this sign and is placed in the 5th house/children.

Saturn Authority, being judged, feeling persecuted. Saturn rules the 8th Hidden/Secret Life/Sex. I think Pluto rules courts but not too sure on that.

Saturn in the 7th rules Adveraries/Others/Public/Opposition

Possibly this represents his Very public Court Case with allegations of child abuse. Being brought to court/law.

Also Missa isn't Michael over 6ft, he looks smaller on T.V and because he is a good dancer. The Gemini Ascendant - Related to his appearance when you look at him now to the way he used to look - Two very different people. Other people have had plastic surgery, but not to the transformation MJs had. Black/White.

I will take a look at Bill Clintons Chart to see what I can find. I am not really into Politics. It will be a test for me. But worthwhile in my learning.

Miss S

Last edited:

Yes thats good Miss S. Pluto would rule criminal law - things involving crime/death/sex etc and its investigation. Pluto also is sitting in the 4th, indicating some exploration of his more private/homely affairs.

Saturn is also the authority/government, here is might the public prosecutions and it is analysing his relationships (7th house).

But I think your overall analysis is right about the court case.

I don't know what to make out of his part of fortune though. It indicates luck through sag pursuits (might be simply expansion) and through relationships. The only thing that I can link it to is that it is in Sag and as we know, his jupiter is quite pivotal in his life.

See you at Bill's

I found this little piece on Michael Jackson, I did type all of this last night. Then the system turned funny and I lost all my hard work, and I couldn't get on the Site this morning either must be due to technical difficulties.

Moon square Saturn gives a mother complex and emotional inhibitions from early childhood experiences. This square effects his reputation, career, relationships, and financial affairs.

The father used to beat Michael with a belt. Cancer and Capricorn occupy the two houses due to interception, have strong Karmic lessons in this life.

He tends to live in the past and has a skin disorder called "Vitiligo". Michael actually has Lupus according to the Lupis foundation, but does not want it revealed. Lupis is a Saturn disease, is a circulatory disorder. There are several types of the disease, favourable under prolonged treatment. It can result from enervation (part through activation of the nerves), causing white spots that grow slowly as the pigment dissappeared making sunlight dangerous, Saturn opposed the Ascendant: Skin troubles Moon sqaure Saturn is hereditary diseases. He also underwent cosmetic surgery several times Uranus Pluto Midpoint I.C: The process of daring transformation to bring about new changes.

Miss S