How many children will I have?

SagiCap

I have one child and would like to know if I'd have more. I am looking at Uranus ruling my first - and 5th house ruler is Mercury. There is Venus and Mars in 5th house. I am not sure what this means yet, still researching....

The quesited house, the radical 9th/turned 5th from the 5th house is in an air sign Libra that is usually barren but I read that this is the exception to the rule - but no planets there. Please advise.

Thanks for looking.

astro_2gw_43_how_many_children_h-1.gif

Last edited:

starlink

Sagicap, I dont think you can have a horary question asking "how many". You can only ask: "will I get another child". And then we have to look at your ruler and the ruler of the 9th (the 2nd child). You are ruled by Saturn and Saturn is almost conjunct the 9th house cusp showing that you are thinking about another child.

The 9th house cusp is ruled by Mercury and Mercury and Saturn do not aspect one another.

What is really bad however, is that the Moon is ingoing conjunct the Sun AND the Moon is also VOC which most always means that nothing will come of the question.

The conjunction of the Moon and the Sun in horary is the most malific conjunction possible (dont ask me why! but it has to do with the fact that the Sun takes away all the light of the Moon.) Moon here is completely combust. Moon is also associated with pregnancy in horaries. So from this point of view it is a very clear "no".

However, I also see that the Part of Fortune is conjunct your Asc. and that the NorthNode is also there and I see that Saturn is approaching the 9th house cusp in a few degrees. Now I have no idea if these things could make things more positive in this chart.

The ruler of your 4th house of how the matter will end, shows a Mars in the 5th house (children) and in term of Mercury (ruler of the 2nd child). Mars is in fact a malific and Mercury has past the sextile with Mars, in other words, the opportunity (sextile) has passed.

So I dont think you will have another child I am sorry to say, but as I told you once, dont completely believe this as I might have overseen something important. But for the traditional astrologers a combust Moon already would have been enough to say "no".
Again, I hope someone else can maybe give you more hope.

Starlink

Moradiva

Star: you said,
"...I also see that the Part of Fortune is conjunct your Asc. and that the NorthNode is also there..."
Curious...do you also take the Sound Node into account being that it is conjuncting the combusted Moon? Does that also indicate "No" to this question?

Last edited:

starlink

do you also take the Sound Node into account being that it is conjuncting the combusted Moon? Does that also indicate "No" to this question?
You spotted that one well! I was trying to look for something positive and overlooked the SN conjunct the Moon (your co-significator) and, if we look even further (but I dont think we should do that here, a potential partner (it rules the 7th house) is not there (hidden by the Sunrays) yet.

PlayItAgainSam

Isnt better to check the Natal Chart for that?

If i remember correct ;
5th house ruler's applying aspects giving the potential(!) of how many kids you can have...

if i am wrong,pls inform me as well :)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
I agree with *play it again sam*. I think the natal chart (and progressed) are much more likely to indicate the number of children you will have.
I can use my own natal as an example:
In my chart, my fifth house is ruled by Mars. Mars is in my first and aspects 2 planets. I have 2 children.
Sagcap, I don't use Uranus as a ruler...Traditionally, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn. Mostly in horary, Traditional rulerships are used and modern astrolgers *include* the outer planets in their interpretation, whereas pure Traditionalists only use the planets as far out as Saturn.(I consider the Outers in horary-but not as rulers).
So I suggest look at your natal, the fifth house ruler, see where it is and what aspects it makes. Also consider whether the temperament of the sign on your h5 cusp is fertile or barren. In my case, my h5 ruler is in h1, exalted in cap ,trine the moon and sextile venus. Interestingly, my h5 has Aries on the cusp-and my son has his natal moon in Aries, and Taurus is also in my fifth-my daughter is sun Taurus!
Interesting, hey?
Cheers
Lillyjgc

SagiCap

So I suggest look at your natal, the fifth house ruler, see where it is and what aspects it makes. Also consider whether the temperament of the sign on your h5 cusp is fertile or barren. In my case, my h5 ruler is in h1, exalted in cap ,trine the moon and sextile venus. Interestingly, my h5 has Aries on the cusp-and my son has his natal moon in Aries, and Taurus is also in my fifth-my daughter is sun Taurus!
Interesting, hey?
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Thanks Lilly! Yes, that's very interesting. I love when it works out fluidly like this. I seem to remember 2nd child being ruled by another house, but I can't remember this.... My 5th H ruler is Gemini (fertile), ruled by Mercury - who is in the 12th H Capricorn. :( Mercury here makes a sextile to Mars - all other aspects are pesky squares - so I guess I can safely rule a 2nd child out of the question. Hope I did this right. Thanks for explaining, Lilly!! God bless your kiddies! :)

PlayItAgainSam

I agree with *play it again sam*. I think the natal chart (and progressed) are much more likely to indicate the number of children you will have.
I can use my own natal as an example:
In my chart, my fifth house is ruled by Mars. Mars is in my first and aspects 2 planets. I have 2 children.
Sagcap, I don't use Uranus as a ruler...Traditionally, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn. Mostly in horary, Traditional rulerships are used and modern astrolgers *include* the outer planets in their interpretation, whereas pure Traditionalists only use the planets as far out as Saturn.(I consider the Outers in horary-but not as rulers).
Interesting, hey?
Cheers
Lillyjgc

Sorry for mixing your subject SagiCup but let me ask you something Lily;
My 5th H ruler is :gemini: as well but also have :jupiter:in my 5th H.

So should i check the aspetcs of :mercury: or :jupiter:?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi there ...sam,
I would take both into consideration, noting that if jupiter is also in gemini it is in its dertriment and a lot will depend on the aspects. I have read somewhere that Jupiter being in h5 is inself an indication of fruitfulness, but again, the whole chart needs to be taken into consideration.
Mercury being ruler of h5 can sometimes literally mean twins, I've noticed.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

PlayItAgainSam

Hi Lily,

Yes,i have read the same about Jupiter...so far,i have no twins :)

When i am checking aspects of :mercury: ,only trine ASC (which we can not consider as applying planet i believe)
Jupiter sextile Mars,Venus,Saturn and trine Pluto... Never had miscarriage nor abortion ,so i have potential for 4 ! :) kidding..
So far,i have only one lovely son... :happy:

Last edited: