Relating Composite & Natal Charts

Elansome

Dear all,
I have been reading about composite charts and how they can be related to natal charts of a couple. It is claimed that any connection between the natal and composite chart meant to be significant. I wonder if anyone has an insight on this question.

Then I examined my current friend's (might be my boyfriend soon) and my chart and how do they relate to the composite chart.
So it seems there is a connection :)

Composit Sun conj. my north node.
Com. Moon conj. his Sun & Mercury
Com. Venus trine his North node
Com. North node trine my North node
Com. Juno conj. his natal Vertex
And it goes on like that.

Does anyone think that the relation between the charts important?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Learning..
Jasmine

wilsontc

Staff member
Jasmine,

If the composite chart is a chart of the relationship, then aspects from your chart to the composite chart indicates how well you relate to the relationship. And that sounds VERY important to me.

Agreeing,

Tim

Elansome

Thanks Tim,
Yes I am talking about our relational composit chart and the way it connects to our natal charts. Is there any interpretation way for that? Like what does it mean that my North node conjuncts exactly to the Composit Sun? Does it mean that it will be such an important relationship for me?
If you forward any related link about this I would be grateful.

Waiting..
Jasmine

waybread

[comment to Moderator - following up off-line - Moderator]

Whether you use a Davison or midpoint composite chart, you are averaging data of two people. So to compare one of those people's natal data with the composite data is comparing yourself with a chart derived from yourself.

It can't show "how you relate to the relationship" because you comprise half of what that relationship already is. You don't look at it from the outside, but from the inside, so to speak.

It does make sense to compare two different charts of individuals, your chart with the chart of the start of a relationship or perhaps some other chart that doesn't already contain half of its own data. IMO--and I am entitled to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

I might add that a composite chart, regardless of the type you use, is not a "real" chart, but an average of two or more people's data. You can do this by time (midpoint composite) or spatially (Davison.) I think the midpoint composite has value, but it can give you a chart that wouldn't exist in the heavens. For example, Mercury is never more than 30 degrees from the sun, but it can show up anywhere in a composite chart, depending upon the individuals.

A Davison chart corrects for this problem, but then it could be spatially impossible. You could get a relationship located in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, for example. Since we're not looking at an actual chart of the heavens nor at an event/individual chart, I don't see the specific advantage of the Davison chart, but your mileage may vary.

So both of these are derived charts, made from averages. They show the nature of the couple, with its strong points as well as its inner tensions. If you are part of this couple, you can't really step outside of yourself to view something that is already 50% you.

Others may disagree, and that's fine.

Also, if you do not have accurate birth times for both people, the houses will be meaningless in a composite, and the moon may wiggle around a few degrees. So if you wish to compare your chart to a composite, just be clear about what it does and does not show you.

Last edited:

theV

I might add that a composite chart, regardless of the type you use, is not a "real" chart, but an average of two or more people's data. You can do this by time (midpoint composite) or spatially (Davison.) I think the midpoint composite has value, but it can give you a chart that wouldn't exist in the heavens. For example, Mercury is never more than 30 degrees from the sun, but it can show up anywhere in a composite chart, depending upon the individuals.

A Davison chart corrects for this problem, but then it could be spatially impossible. You could get a relationship located in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, for example. Since we're not looking at an actual chart of the heavens nor at an event/individual chart, I don't see the specific advantage of the Davison chart, but your mileage may vary.

So both of these are derived charts, made from averages. They show the nature of the couple, with its strong points as well as its inner tensions. If you are part of this couple, you can't really step outside of yourself to view something that is already 50% you.

Others may disagree, and that's fine.

Also, if you do not have accurate birth times for both people, the houses will be meaningless in a composite, and the moon may wiggle around a few degrees. So if you wish to compare your chart to a composite, just be clear about what it does and does not show you.

Depite of that, I still think the comparison between the natal/composite is important it how the native sees the relationship and how interact in it and with the other part,doing the comparison chart might help transform some of issues that the relationship has,the native able to see their mistakes and can correct them

anjelik

Depite of that, I still think the comparison between the natal/composite is important it how the native sees the relationship and how interact in it and with the other part,doing the comparison chart might help transform some of issues that the relationship has,the native able to see their mistakes and can correct them

Why not just look at synastry then? I think the composite is a potential of the relationship if not aware of any of your natal placements. I really think that synastry is more telling than a composite chart.

theV

Why not just look at synastry then? I think the composite is a potential of the relationship if not aware of any of your natal placements. I really think that synastry is more telling than a composite chart.

I have talke about it herehttp://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=523021, The synastry is more of what attract you to each the reason you formed the relationship or composite