I don't know what to do about my chart

LnLL

Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm having a hard time seeing my chart clearly (as most of us do?). The deeper into astrology I get, the more I look at my chart and think "oh ****". I can't really see what the good parts are. It seems like there's always another part of an aspect in my chart that negates any good. I also can't really get my head around how to deal with the bad stuff, like how to work with it or what to work on, and I'm very eager to work on it if I can just get a clear understanding of what the problems are. In some ways I wish I never started studying astrology because I feel like this stuff is "for life" or there's no escape from my chart. Can anyone help me out? Has anyone come to a point where they really understood their chart and really understood how to make the best of it (and did/does)? Would anyone be willing to take a look for me? I'm obviously feeling pretty discouraged and so far, I'm just not able to find the answers on my own.

If anyone does want to take a look, I'd like to PM my data instead of posting it if that's ok?

Arian Maverick

If anyone does want to take a look, I'd like to PM my data instead of posting it if that's ok?

First of all, welcome to the forums! :D

I admit that I am not gifted at astrological interpretation, but if you'd like, you can PM me your natal data and I will create/upload your natal chart on the forums with this information blacked out.

Just to warn you, some members do not respond to natal charts with omitted information...here's a quote from Goca (fensi88) on Is It Safe to Post This Information on the Forums? that explains this further:

I just want to say that I hate all that posts with chart with deleted data and usually do not answer on them, because I can not put data in my astroprogram and so I can not get all nessesary data for read chart (planet dignities, fixed stars, Moon aspects and so on). So if yoy want explanation for your chart, please provide data, it is much easier for someone who want to read that chart!

Arian Maverick

LnLL

Oh ok....I'll upload my chart......
(hopefully not too many people have seen it before because I post on other boards, but I just think there's a nice vibe? on this board)

Megalomaniac.gif

Arian Maverick

You've got some interesting conjunctions in your natal chart...Mars conjunct your Part of Fortune, North Node conjunct your Nadir, and Jupiter conjunct Uranus in particular.

And you have an Aries Ascendant/Libra Ascendant, as well as a Capricorn Midheaven/Cancer Nadir--just like me! Not to mention that you were born during the Balsamic Moon :mrgreen:

I always like to start out any chart interpretation by recording the sabian symbols for each of the major planets and luminaries:

Ascendant (5 Aries):

5__(5°)
A WHITE TRIANGLE,WITH GOLDEN WINGS ON ITS UPPER SIDES Evolution of values in the sphere of inward self, but at a stage not yet substantiated. Eagerness for a spiritual goal.

___*When positive, the degree is the creative transformation of everything into an expression of enduring idea and a reflection of the real vision ahead, and when negative, blissful obliviousness to all normal or everyday considerations.

Descendant (5 Libra):

185__(5°)
INSPIRED DISCIPLES LISTEN TO THE WORDS OF THEIR TEACHER Knowledge and experience put to the test. Greatness calling its own to itself. Ordered seeking. Distrust of appearances.

___*When positive, the degree is a genius for understanding and calling out the underlying realizations by which human character comes to know itself at its best, and when negative, fatuous pride in the self's acumen and subtle or underhanded attempts to dominate everyone.

Midheaven (3 Capricorn):

273__(3°)
THE SOUL,AS A HOVERING SPIRIT EAGER TO GAIN EXPERIENCE Inner and pure motivation. The power to remain superior to physical limitations; to demonstrate free will. Detachment.

___*When positive, the degree is a gift for entering into the kaleidoscopic patterns of personal relationship with an unbounded enthusiasm, and when negative, simple shiftlessness or abandon.

Nadir (3 Cancer):

93__(3°)
AN ARCTIC EXPLORER LEADS A REINDEER THROUGH ICY CANYONS The pioneering, trail-blazing instinct urging man to get out beyond all things. Plunge into virgin possibilities of life.

___*When positive, the degree is unlimited self-reliance in and through every possible phase of self-expression, and when negative, self-imposed handicaps and a needless acceptance of everyday restrictions.

Sun (23 Aquarius):

323__(23°)
A BIG TRAINED BEAR PERFORMS,SITTING ON A HUGE CHAIR Need to build an adequate concrete vehicle for cosmic power. Performance beyond native endowment. A striving for balance.

___*When positive, the degree is a consistent desire for genuinely significant experience and a willingness to dramatize the self's potentials to any necessary extent, and when negative, frantic efforts to gain and hold attention.

Moon (8 Aquarius):

308__(8°)
WAX FIGURES DISPLAY BEAUTIFUL GOWNS IN STORE-WINDOWS Need for public presentation of virtues and life standards. Exteriorization of value, that it may be shared with others.

___*When positive, the degree is achievement through the effective dramatization of human character on some level of everyday understanding, and when negative, futile effort to recapture outworn experience.

Mercury (27 Capricorn):

297__(27°)
MEN CLIMB A SACRED PEAK:BELOW,THE WORLD-ABOVE, PEACE Necessary linkage of above and below in the seeker's personal experience. Balanced dualism of subjective-objective life.

___*When positive, the degree is a total reconciliation of mind and heart in an unquestioned devotion to some worth-while task at hand, and when negative, satisfaction in superficial allegiances and a parade of false virtue.

Venus (17 Pisces):

347__(17°)
EASTER:RICH AND POOR ALIKE DISPLAY THE BEST THEY OWN A symbol of "high moments" in life, when man challenges himself and renews his faith in circumstances. Self-improvement.

___*When positive, the degree is tireless self- refinement in an effective inspiration of others, and when negative, a craving for attention.

Mars (20 Pisces):

350__(20°)
IN THE QUIET OF EVENING THE FARMER'S SUPPER AWAITS HIM Encompassing richness of experience whenever a particular ordeal is over. Spiritual nourishment. Ingathering of forces.

___*When positive, the degree is an effective sensitiveness to every passing need of mankind, and when negative, naive selfishness and a wholly witless optimism.

Jupiter (9 Sagittarius):

249__(9°)
A MOTHER IS LEADING HER CHILDREN UP A BROAD STAIRWAY Conscious advance of selfhood from plane to plane. Real courage in all approach to life. Inner guidance in all growth.

___*When positive, the degree is effective response to every personal challenge in everyday affairs, and when negative, immature act and reaction.

Saturn (5 Scorpio):

215__(5°)
A MASSIVE ROCKY SHORE UNCHANGED BY CENTURIES OF STORMS Revelation of absolutely stable elements in all life. Strong confidence born of fundamental perception; or spiritual inertia.

___*When positive, the degree is a poised spirit and a firmness of personality which enable every individual to prepare himself and his fellows for any possible contingency, and when negative, blind stubbornness or unreasoning conservatism

Uranus (9 Sagittarius):

249__(9°)
A MOTHER IS LEADING HER CHILDREN UP A BROAD STAIRWAY Conscious advance of selfhood from plane to plane. Real courage in all approach to life. Inner guidance in all growth.

___*When positive, the degree is effective response to every personal challenge in everyday affairs, and when negative, immature act and reaction.

Neptune (29 Sagittarius):

269__(29°)
PERSPIRING FAT BOY, EAGER TO REDUCE, IS MOWING A LAWN Desire for fitness inherent in all living beings. Consciously built, thus dependable determination. Persistent endeavour.

___*When positive, the degree is the calm efficiency which enables man to pour all of himself into the mastery of any situation arising to challenge him, and when negative, complete perfunctoriness of thinking and doing.

Pluto (30 Libra):

210__(30°)
A PHRENOLOGIST DISCOVERS MOUNDS OF KNOWLEDGE ON A HEAD Ability to read spiritual meanings in concrete objects. Objectification
of abstract truths. Cleverness in understanding.

___*When positive, the degree is a perfected integrity of self and an exceptional gift for furthering all progress, and when negative, a fatuous pride in mere intellect.

Chiron (23 Taurus):

53__(23°)
A JEWELRY SHOP FILLED WITH THE MOST MAGNIFICENT JEWELS Abundance of permanent spiritual values; or social display of traditional racial achievements. Profusion of inner gifts.

___*When positive, the degree is a happy gift for shaping all vision to larger dimensions and directing all aspiration to more than trivial ends, and when negative, a greediness which betrays the soul with trifles.

North Node (4 Cancer):

94__(4°)
A HUNGRY CAT ARGUES WITH A MOUSE, BEFORE EATING HER The urge to self-justification through intellectual sophistry or social-ethical considerations. Sense of self-righteousness.

___*When positive, the degree is a gift for persuading others to accept the motives of self and to co-operate with its end, and when negative, interminable quarrelling with the nature of things.

Part of Fortune (21 Pisces):

351__(21°)
CHILD WATCHED BY CHINESE SERVANT CARESSES A WHITE LAMB Eager probing of the soul into its many potentialities and higher reaches. Self-expansion: or refusal to grow in Spirit.

___*When positive, the degree is completely unconditioned self-discovery out of wholly unlimited potentialities, and when negative, groping aimlessness.

Arian Maverick

C Jayne

Hi LnLL!

You and I have a lot in common on our charts. I am re-posting yours so that anybody who wants to see the position of some of the asteroids can. I have only begun to work with them, but I can speak, to some extent, about your planets.

Your Ascendant in Aries -- you approach things generally in a confident manner, sometimes maybe a little brassy (my Moon is in Aries. Brassy? Me! Never!). (I have an Aquarian Sun.)

Anyway, with your Moon and Sun both in Aquarius in your 11th house -- the Aquarius house -- one would expect that you know how to fit into a group and hold your own center -- remain your own person. This would be a fairly typical interpretation for these two planets landing here. We both have Mercury in Capricorn, although yours, like your Sun and Moon, is in the 11th. If your Capricorn Mercury operates like mine, you have a tendency to try and look "normal" -- a Democrat wearing Republican's clothing, or something like that. The 11th house placement also makes you fit in, or try to fit into the crowd. Capricorn Mercury speaks in a conventional, executive manner.

But Lilith conuncts your 11th house Capricorn Mercury, within one degree, so this communication thing is some kind of a sore point with you, although maybe one of the other folks offering postings will clarify this better than I. Lilith, according to what I've read, shows where a person doesn't behave in a normal way (boy that's encouraging, huh?). Now, something you have to remember is, everybody has this kind of Achilles heel. We're just discussing where yours happens to be located.

I would think this would sort of indicate that you have trouble either communicating, or, doing it in a way which fits in with the group.

Let's move on to an area I understand better.

Your Venus/Mars conjunction in Pisces is another thing you have like mine, although mine is in my 4th house and yours is in your 12th. Venus/Mars conjunct indicates that you are as comfortable with your male energies as with your female ones. This felt very normal for me -- I had trouble figuring out why other people weren't like me in this respect. I used hammers and drove tractors or whatever I wanted to do, and apparently I wanted to do more than many women did.

I also had a lot of sexual neediness (Pisces). The 4th house is like the 12th, in that they are both water houses (Pisces is a water sign) (the water signs are very emotional, and can be needy -- but also compassionate), and the 12th house is the Pisces house. I would expect this would make you very very experimental, sexually -- trying different beds of whatever kind suited your fancy. With the trine to your Uranus/ Jupiter conjunction (at least Venus makes this trine on your chart), you've got very "individual" ideas about sex and intimacy or relationships. Venus is love or intimacy, Mars is sex or physical energies. Venus shows your feelings about money and self esteem and Mars shows how you go about getting what you want. We water-based Mars types have some tendency toward whining a little, but with all that Pisces energy, you may just seduce everybody -- "drug" them with your womanly wiles.

Neptune conjuncts your Midheaven, so you are shaping your career or defining yourself in the world through the Neptune energies -- seeing the world through rose-colored glasses or telling others a rosy version of the world, which could mean you are dishonest with people (and with yourself). This Neptune and Pisces stuff (Neptune rules Pisces) suggests a great deal of self-delusion. You probably get duped by lovers (I did). This may make you bitter, if you let it.

Chiron the wounded healer is in Taurus in your 2nd house (Taurus house), which means something about how you go about healing your wounded self esteem -- hopefully someone smarter than I will address this.

Uranus is on the opposite side of the chart, but it does not oppose Chiron. Uranus in Sag in the 8th house indicates some kind of fascination with finding a sexual partner (we've pretty well covered this).

Meanwhile, Pluto and Saturn are conjunct, in different signs, in your 7th house, indicating that the area where you feel a deep, unfathomable need (marriage) is the same area where you work so hard to do the thing that you ***** it up or never can get started in the first place (marriage). This area is a real focus for you and, if you're like the rest of us, I'm sure you feel as though, if you could just get yourself married and settled down, everything else would work out okay and you would be fulfilled.

With Midheaven in Capricorn (conjunct Neptune, as mentioned above), you feel a drive to have a career, but your Midheaven sits on your South Node. South Node is sort of where you used to be, in your past life. This time around, you're supposed to be headed in the other direction -- towards Cancer (North Node) energies -- motherliness, nurturing -- and yet, you feel the urge to define yourself as the conventional executive who, if anything, is rather fatherly instead of motherly.

I would guess the biggest "problem" you experience with this chart is that you keep getting your feelings hurt, partly because your feelings are very sensitive (like mine) because of all that Pisces/ Cancer stuff, and partly because you are sort of gullible and flakey -- you are open to the possibilities, which is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a difficult thing. Of course, it's the stuff that is difficult that makes us stronger.

Well, actually there is another area that might be causing you problems. Although I also have the Pisces Venus/Mars, with my Scorpio Ascendant, I commit. You may have a tendency to be unfaithful, which is a problem if you have this driving need to partner up with somebody.

If this is the case, I'm sure your feeling about it is, "I would be faithful if only the right person came along, someone who gave me what I really needed." But actually, that's not how it works.

You have to be nice to the frogs. And, you may one day discover that one of them tries very hard to meet 85% of your needs, and will stick by you through thick and thin, and will mop your brow when you feel awful. And all you have to do for them is (1) be faithful and (2) let go of the belief that they should be Perfect Partner. If they can satisfy your sexual needs half the time , then look at how much you can get done when you aren't walking around in a sex-induced stupor. I know you want it. But that might be the one thing you have to let go of -- the expectation that you're going to get everything you want. Like Mike Jagger says, instead, you might just get what you need.

------

Now, you worried that things never change with charts.
Here is your Progressed chart -- the way your planetary life map has "matured" or "aged."

Venus and Mars are in Aries on this chart. Lilith is in your 10th progressed house and Chiron is in your 1st house.

Progressed Sun will conjunct natal Venus probably in six months (Sun moves about one degree a year). This could be a very happy time for you. If you've had an unsolvable problem, it could resolve. You might fall in love (although I know from experience that even a nice planetary arrangement at the time of a romance does not guarantee its success). With progressed Moon in Sag, right now you are searching for life's answers.

You originally asked:

I also can't really get my head around how to deal with the bad stuff, like how to work with it or what to work on, and I'm very eager to work on it if I can just get a clear understanding of what the problems are. ... Has anyone come to a point where they really understood their chart and really understood how to make the best of it (and did/does)?

1. How to deal with the "bad" stuff--

Take the attitude that God don't make no junk. :wink: You are here for a reason, and the way you are is the way you are. Try to accept it, to a point. Don't make excuses to yourself for being the way you are.

A "normal" person would avoid getting hurt, but if you "use" your Pisces Venus/Mars the way I guess I used mine, I gave up on avoiding getting hurt, and decided I would rather be hurt by doing something stupid than be hurt by doing nothing at all. We Pisces types know how to heal. We'll survive. It just hurts us really deeply.

2. How to work with it or what to work on --

There will be people who tell an Aries they should try not to be so brassy, or they'll tell a Taurean not to be so stubborn. Ignore this advice. Be yourself. It's hard enough to be your own self. Don't be somebody else's version of how you should be. There is no perfect person. We are all extreme personalities.

Aim to let your little light shine. :)

I hope this gave you some perspective.

--CJ

wilsontc

Staff member
the whole of your chart

LnLL,

I am a holistic astrologer...meaning I look at the WHOLE chart and not the "parts". So, the "whole" is:

Since you have all your planets at the top of your chart, you focus entirely on the outer world.

Since you have more plalnets in or near the left of your chart you focus on yourself more than on others.

Since you have the most planets in or near the top left of your chart, you use what you know about the outside world to develop yourself.

You have least aspected Pisces (spirituality) modifying Mars (being, also action) conjunct Venus (physical, also values/relationships); and least aspected Aquarius (friends, also rebellion, astrology) modifying Sun (self-expression) focused in the 11th house (friends, also rebellion, astrology). This indicates you could have a challenge at "connecting in" with your active values in relationships and in your astrological (possibly rebellious) self-expression. However, even though you may not "feel" the connections with these energies, they ARE there. The challenge is to KNOW that they are there, even though you do not "feel" them directly.

Since you have Cancer (home, also emotions) modifying North node (future goals) focused in the 4th house (home, also emotions) conjunct Nadir (inner world), ultimately your goals in life have to do with getting into emotional contact with your inner world. This is a challenge because all your energy natrually focuses on the outer world.

Currently you have transiting (planets in the sky) Pluto conjuncting your Midheaven (outer world) and Neptune. This could be a time when you transform your confusion about the outer world and take control of your outer world.

Holistically,

Tim

LnLL

Arian Maverick,

Thank you for taking the time to post all my Sabians. I had been reading the wrong ones for a few of the degrees (reading the one it was closest to by minute?) so a few are sort of a surprise to me, especially the ones talking about attention-seeking, lol. I guess with my 12th house Sun I don't see this in myself as much, but maybe it's just not something I'm very conscious of.

What do you think of reading the Sabians in aspect? Like the Sabian for my Moon in kind of a square aspect to the Sabian for my Saturn?

Also, I thought being born in the Balsamic Moon phase was kind of....umm, hard, or something? What's your take on it?

Thank you again for your help.

-Meg

LnLL

Hi CJ,

"You and I have a lot in common on our charts. I am re-posting yours so that anybody who wants to see the position of some of the asteroids can. I have only begun to work with them, but I can speak, to some extent, about your planets.

Your Ascendant in Aries -- you approach things generally in a confident manner, sometimes maybe a little brassy (my Moon is in Aries. Brassy? Me! Never!). (I have an Aquarian Sun.)"

---Sometimes I wonder if I wasn't born a few minutes earlier as I don't see myself as being very Arian, although I hope it is Aries as I have enough Neptunian/Pisces stuff going on :). I have tried to find info on the Rising being ruled from the 12th with no luck.

"Anyway, with your Moon and Sun both in Aquarius in your 11th house -- the Aquarius house -- one would expect that you know how to fit into a group and hold your own center -- remain your own person. This would be a fairly typical interpretation for these two planets landing here. We both have Mercury in Capricorn, although yours, like your Sun and Moon, is in the 11th. If your Capricorn Mercury operates like mine, you have a tendency to try and look "normal" -- a Democrat wearing Republican's clothing, or something like that. The 11th house placement also makes you fit in, or try to fit into the crowd. Capricorn Mercury speaks in a conventional, executive manner."

---I've never heard this before (the fitting in part) and I definitely think it's true. I do try to be normal, try being the keyword, lol. I also tend to speak in a very conventional manner...I edit myself too much sometimes.

"But Lilith conuncts your 11th house Capricorn Mercury, within one degree, so this communication thing is some kind of a sore point with you, although maybe one of the other folks offering postings will clarify this better than I. Lilith, according to what I've read, shows where a person doesn't behave in a normal way (boy that's encouraging, huh?). Now, something you have to remember is, everybody has this kind of Achilles heel. We're just discussing where yours happens to be located.

I would think this would sort of indicate that you have trouble either communicating, or, doing it in a way which fits in with the group."

---This is definitely possible. It seems that I don't always know how I come off when I communicate.....maybe I come off as more serious than I intend, or even harsh when I don't mean to be. I can also tend towards being "too quiet", maybe because I don't always come off the way I mean to.

"Let's move on to an area I understand better.

Your Venus/Mars conjunction in Pisces is another thing you have like mine, although mine is in my 4th house and yours is in your 12th. Venus/Mars conjunct indicates that you are as comfortable with your male energies as with your female ones. This felt very normal for me -- I had trouble figuring out why other people weren't like me in this respect. I used hammers and drove tractors or whatever I wanted to do, and apparently I wanted to do more than many women did."

---This might be true to some extent, but I also like to keep a balance I think. When I was little I loved all the girly things like barbie and princesses, but I also liked to play sports. Dancing was big. I've also gotten into my fair share of challenges with men who feel that they are superior just because they're men (feministic stuff). I wasn't afraid to be as smart as them or relate to them as equals....I never felt like I should back down just because of my gender I guess (although not physical fights). I've never been very good at flirting, but I wasn't really a tomboy either.....didn't really fit under a label, hard to figure out (12th house stuff).

"I also had a lot of sexual neediness (Pisces). The 4th house is like the 12th, in that they are both water houses (Pisces is a water sign) (the water signs are very emotional, and can be needy -- but also compassionate), and the 12th house is the Pisces house. I would expect this would make you very very experimental, sexually -- trying different beds of whatever kind suited your fancy. With the trine to your Uranus/ Jupiter conjunction (at least Venus makes this trine on your chart), you've got very "individual" ideas about sex and intimacy or relationships. Venus is love or intimacy, Mars is sex or physical energies. Venus shows your feelings about money and self esteem and Mars shows how you go about getting what you want. We water-based Mars types have some tendency toward whining a little, but with all that Pisces energy, you may just seduce everybody -- "drug" them with your womanly wiles."

---Lol, drug them eh? I guess it could be possible. I think the fact that the conjunction is in my 12th makes me very private about this part of my life, and I'm not sure it's something that shows up so much in my daily life. It's like a dream-like thing that doesn't translate all that easily to reality? Of course the fact that it's in Pisces also makes me kind of passive (again, I'm not flirty and I can be pretty shy). I had a friend with a Mars/Venus conjunction in Leo and I was very much....not her? Lol. I'm just subtle, probably too subtle. The Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in the 8th does make me non-judgmental about sexuality, and maybe less uptight than many people (or not, I wouldn't know for sure) but it's still something I'm romantic about, if that makes any sense. The combo of Pisces and Sag. brings a spiritual or ethereal quality? On the philosophical level I'm very "Live and Let Live" but Venus in Pisces is still oh so dreamy and probably strengthened in the 12th? But yes, I admit to being pretty fascinated by sexuality, among other things though, lol.

"Neptune conjuncts your Midheaven, so you are shaping your career or defining yourself in the world through the Neptune energies -- seeing the world through rose-colored glasses or telling others a rosy version of the world, which could mean you are dishonest with people (and with yourself). This Neptune and Pisces stuff (Neptune rules Pisces) suggests a great deal of self-delusion. You probably get duped by lovers (I did). This may make you bitter, if you let it."

---I have definitely gotten "duped by lovers". I really have tried to see where I've deluded myself there, and I think I've learned some, but for now I am pretty reluctant to be in a relationship (some bitterness, some trying to learn and improve). My Neptune cnj. is one of the weirder parts of my chart. I've read things that say a Cap. MC can sometimes mean a "fall from status" or something similar, and Neptune on the MC can mean sort of a scandal, whether based on truth or not. Both have been true in my case. It seems some people are fascinated with speculating about me, with very little to go on.....or believing their own projections and illusions that are usually very far from the truth. Neptune is a tricky one. I think it can sometimes be like a magic mirror....people see what they want to see and I've learned that there's not usually much I can do about it. No matter how open and honest I am, people will believe what they want to. It shows me much more about them than what they think they see in me. I also have that whole no idea what I want to do with my life, confusion about direction thing....but I'm also a hard worker.

"Chiron the wounded healer is in Taurus in your 2nd house (Taurus house), which means something about how you go about healing your wounded self esteem -- hopefully someone smarter than I will address this."

---This part of my chart is one I have a pretty good understanding of....very clear representations in my life. Working on valuing myself.

"Uranus is on the opposite side of the chart, but it does not oppose Chiron. Uranus in Sag in the 8th house indicates some kind of fascination with finding a sexual partner (we've pretty well covered this).

Meanwhile, Pluto and Saturn are conjunct, in different signs, in your 7th house, indicating that the area where you feel a deep, unfathomable need (marriage) is the same area where you work so hard to do the thing that you ***** it up or never can get started in the first place (marriage). This area is a real focus for you and, if you're like the rest of us, I'm sure you feel as though, if you could just get yourself married and settled down, everything else would work out okay and you would be fulfilled."

---Even when I was very young I always had this sort of claustrophobic feeling about marriage. Maybe I knew that this would be an area of difficulty for me somehow. I'm very wary of marriage even now, but relationships are an area of strong focus for me, definitely. I think I'm a pretty good partner, but I make bad choices (ha, same old story), so I'm trying to work on that.
I wonder how other people's Saturn/Pluto conjunctions/aspects have worked out.

"With Midheaven in Capricorn (conjunct Neptune, as mentioned above), you feel a drive to have a career, but your Midheaven sits on your South Node. South Node is sort of where you used to be, in your past life. This time around, you're supposed to be headed in the other direction -- towards Cancer (North Node) energies -- motherliness, nurturing -- and yet, you feel the urge to define yourself as the conventional executive who, if anything, is rather fatherly instead of motherly."

---Very true. I always envisioned having a successful career without much thought towards motherhood. It still is not something I'm very drawn to. I've always had a strong urge for independence. I'm very nurturing and attached to animals though, so I do have a heart, lol.

"I would guess the biggest "problem" you experience with this chart is that you keep getting your feelings hurt, partly because your feelings are very sensitive (like mine) because of all that Pisces/ Cancer stuff, and partly because you are sort of gullible and flakey -- you are open to the possibilities, which is sometimes a good thing and sometimes a difficult thing. Of course, it's the stuff that is difficult that makes us stronger."

---Yes, I'm definitely sensitive. I could stand to thicken my skin a little (or try to).

"Well, actually there is another area that might be causing you problems. Although I also have the Pisces Venus/Mars, with my Scorpio Ascendant, I commit. You may have a tendency to be unfaithful, which is a problem if you have this driving need to partner up with somebody."

---This has never been MY case, but I have been on the other side of this one. I actually don't like to be too enmeshed in a couple.....I stay single for long periods of time and then couple-up for long periods of time, too, but I enjoy the freedom.

------

"Now, you worried that things never change with charts.
Here is your Progressed chart -- the way your planetary life map has "matured" or "aged."

Venus and Mars are in Aries on this chart. Lilith is in your 10th progressed house and Chiron is in your 1st house.

Progressed Sun will conjunct natal Venus probably in six months (Sun moves about one degree a year). This could be a very happy time for you. If you've had an unsolvable problem, it could resolve. You might fall in love (although I know from experience that even a nice planetary arrangement at the time of a romance does not guarantee its success). With progressed Moon in Sag, right now you are searching for life's answers."

---Hmm, sounds good. All this Saturn stuff has me a little....blah. I could use some Venus-ness :).

"You originally asked:

Quote:
I also can't really get my head around how to deal with the bad stuff, like how to work with it or what to work on, and I'm very eager to work on it if I can just get a clear understanding of what the problems are. ... Has anyone come to a point where they really understood their chart and really understood how to make the best of it (and did/does)?

1. How to deal with the "bad" stuff--

Take the attitude that God don't make no junk. You are here for a reason, and the way you are is the way you are. Try to accept it, to a point. Don't make excuses to yourself for being the way you are."

---I think this is just the advice I needed. Thank you very much.

"A "normal" person would avoid getting hurt, but if you "use" your Pisces Venus/Mars the way I guess I used mine, I gave up on avoiding getting hurt, and decided I would rather be hurt by doing something stupid than be hurt by doing nothing at all. We Pisces types know how to heal. We'll survive. It just hurts us really deeply."

---I think in my case it couldn't hurt to have some set rules for protecting myself because I have made some pretty stupid mistakes, but also I don't know if it's realistic to NEVER get hurt. I could learn to be more savvy is all. For now I'm just taking some time for myself, and I actually like how much less complicated it is.

"2. How to work with it or what to work on --

There will be people who tell an Aries they should try not to be so brassy, or they'll tell a Taurean not to be so stubborn. Ignore this advice. Be yourself. It's hard enough to be your own self. Don't be somebody else's version of how you should be. There is no perfect person. We are all extreme personalities.

Aim to let your little light shine.

I hope this gave you some perspective."

---Also some very good advice I think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to delve into my chart. I really do appreciate it. (And sorry for the long reply but I didn't know how else to address all of it :D ).

-Meg

LnLL

Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my chart :).
I have never heard my NN explained like this, but it makes sense to me. If all my attention is focused on the outer world, it is kind of a "karmic" challenge to explore my inner world.

"Currently you have transiting (planets in the sky) Pluto conjuncting your Midheaven (outer world) and Neptune. This could be a time when you transform your confusion about the outer world and take control of your outer world."

---I really hope so, lol. This transit has had me a little worried.

Thank you again, Tim. I appreciate it.

-Meg

C Jayne

Pluto and Saturn are conjunct, in different signs, in your 7th house,

Hi Meg--

I think I didn't make myself clear on this point (see above). You said--

LnLL said:
I wonder how other people's Saturn/Pluto conjunctions/aspects have worked out.

The important part here is that these dissimilar planets are in the 7th house. Saturn makes you try too hard, and clench up about this topic (marriage) and Pluto makes you have this deep yearning for it (marriage). The problem isn't the conjunction, it's the fact that you have Saturn in the 7th and Pluto in the 7th.

LnLL said:
---Even when I was very young I always had this sort of claustrophobic feeling about marriage. Maybe I knew that this would be an area of difficulty for me somehow. I'm very wary of marriage even now...

I think part of this is the Venus/Mars conjunction. People want to put us in a box, at least in today's culture. We have this delicate stuff (Pisces) and this androgynous stuff (Venus/Mars conjunction). We ride horses and we cry when we stub our toes. Men want to conquer us, and then when they do, they're done -- we were just a challenge. Who would want a marriage to somebody like that? But if we aren't attracting that kind, we're attracting the ones who are confused and dizzy (Pisces) -- we're trying to fix up our sexual partners. :?

I'm glad the post was helpful. Sorry it was so long.

-- CJ

LnLL

Hey CJ,

I don't think my notifications are working, so sorry for replying late again.

Men want to conquer us, and then when they do, they're done -- we were just a challenge. Who would want a marriage to somebody like that? But if we aren't attracting that kind, we're attracting the ones who are confused and dizzy (Pisces) -- we're trying to fix up our sexual partners.

Ahh, too true. I had one really good boyfriend but that was in 7th grade, lol. The rest were back and forth between dizzy and conquering and sometimes both.....hopefully I've learned some things at least.

-Meg

wilsontc

Staff member
Good

bella,

Although there are challenges in your chart, your chart is intensely FOCUSED (by T-square and Easy Oppositions), and your energy all interconnects. This means you can use all your energy. Your greatest challenge is, although you are focused on using what you know about yourself to develop your inner world (planes on the bottom left of your chart), your North node (future goals) is focused in the "outer world" part of the chart (in your 10th house (duty, also career). This indicates that, at some time, you need to get OUT of your inner world and out into the "outer world", perhaps in developing your career.

To help with this, your North node is the focus of a T-square created by the Moon (home, also emotions) opposite (energy is over-excited by) Venus (relationships). This indicates that an awareness of your emotions and building close relationships could help with any career goals you have.

So work on "getting out there" and building up your relationships (if you haven't already done this)!

Careering,

Tim

Missa

Re: I have an awful chart!

bellabixler said:
I think that MY chart is awful! Aries Moon opposes Libra Sun, Libra Mercury, and Libra Venus! Talk about some hard aspects! Can anybody tell ME if there is anything good in my chart that I'm NOT seeing?

Here's the link to it: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...=&cid=dlxfileAWbP8S-u1138004582&lang=e&gm=a1&
ast=

If that doesn't work, my birth info is October 2, 1982, 4:58 AM, Minneapolis MN.

Come on, those positions are nice. I have Sun and Mercury in Libra opposite Moon in Aries, and also Virgo rising like you. Libra/Aries opposition is not too bad, once you learn to accept both sides (at least this helped in my case) and give an outlet for your Arian energy - which might be hard to do with Virgo rising.

Missa

C Jayne said:
But Lilith conuncts your 11th house Capricorn Mercury, within one degree, so this communication thing is some kind of a sore point with you, although maybe one of the other folks offering postings will clarify this better than I. Lilith, according to what I've read, shows where a person doesn't behave in a normal way (boy that's encouraging, huh?). Now, something you have to remember is, everybody has this kind of Achilles heel. We're just discussing where yours happens to be located.

I would think this would sort of indicate that you have trouble either communicating, or, doing it in a way which fits in with the group.

I'm not a Lilith-expert but the way I see it it symbolizes dark and maybe even destructive femininity. Often femininity is described very moon-like, caring, sensitive, kind, mother-like, weak... and that is everything Lilith is not. Femininity has two sides, and during the past centuries the society has tried to do everything to put down the other; very poweful, raw, natural and sexual side, which was considered to be frightening. Now I don't suggest painting demons in your head, but Lilith describes dark powers in your chart, where you will do things your own way and demand freedom, maybe even to a very stubborn and obsessed point. Lilith can work in a good or a bad way, one thing is sure - it is very powerful, and in my opinion also very misunderstood. I'm not too familiar with Lilith's aspects (yet), but Lilith conjunct Mercury could make the person's communicating more serious and forceful.

C Jayne

Hi Meg--

I'm no more of an expert now than I was before, but I'm reading and trying to learn more about Ceres and Lilith. Missa makes some good points. Here is a possible explanation, and your response may help all of us understand this conjunction better.

Ceres, apparently, carries with it some Moon-like energies, having to do with what nurtures you, what makes you feel nurtured and how you offer nurturing to others -- but Moon will tell something about home and family as well.

Ceres conjuncts Lilith, and Lilith, apparently, shows the area where you are a little stiff-necked --unyielding-- stubborn in a shoot-yourself-in-the-foot sort of way.

Lilith conjuncts Mercury, which is both communication and change -- your ability to adjust to new situations. Communication is both talking and "fitting in" -- "hearing" the atmosphere of the society or culture that surrounds you and altering yourself to express the "you" that wants to come out.

All of this is happening in Capricorn (the executive) in the Aquarius house (11th) with two very important Aquarius planets (Sun and Moon, non-conjunct but both placed in Aquarius) in that 11th house also.

So although you are an Aquarian through and through with some strand of Capricorn in your personality, you are somehow unyielding (Lilith) when it comes to fitting in (Aquarius house -- social interactions) with others. We all have an area where we're a little self-defeating, and this may be yours: you may seem like an eccentric- hippy-rebel (11th house double Aquarian) in many respects, but just as the hippy-rebels are about to put you on the team, you start sounding more like the (triple Capricorn)queen of the Republican Right or the princess of the Yuppies. :?

Is this anything like how it works in you life? :roll:

Let us know. Thanks--

CJ

C Jayne

bellabixler said:
I think that MY chart is awful!

Bella--

Let's start a new thread on your chart. I think it looks pretty interesting. I hope Missa will post hers there too, since she says hers is similar.

I'll start the thread for you. :wink:

-- CJ

Missa said:
bellabixler said:
I think that MY chart is awful! Aries Moon opposes Libra Sun, Libra Mercury, and Libra Venus! Talk about some hard aspects! Can anybody tell ME if there is anything good in my chart that I'm NOT seeing?

Here's the link to it: http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...=&cid=dlxfileAWbP8S-u1138004582&lang=e&gm=a1&
ast=

If that doesn't work, my birth info is October 2, 1982, 4:58 AM, Minneapolis MN.

Come on, those positions are nice. I have Sun and Mercury in Libra opposite Moon in Aries, and also Virgo rising like you. Libra/Aries opposition is not too bad, once you learn to accept both sides (at least this helped in my case) and give an outlet for your Arian energy - which might be hard to do with Virgo rising.

Really? That's really cool. I wonder if we'd get along in the real world. I haven't met any other people that I know of with the same sun, moon, and ascendant as me. What outlets for Arian energy do you mean? How do you feel that your oppositions have manifested themselves in your life?

Moon opp Mercury for instance makes me feel really inarticulate and stupid when I'm trying to make a point. I seldom talk in class at all because I feel that I sound like an idiot. When I'm around loved ones, I talk really loud and animatedly when I'm making a point, which gives them the idea that I'm angry (loud- Aries moon?). I am WAY better at writing it out my thoughts; I'm actually going to school for journalism.

The Sun opp Moon makes me feel really ill at ease perhaps? Not totally comfortable in the world. I've actually been diagnosed with depression, so maybe that is how the aspect is manifesting itself. All of the other Sun opp Moon people I've met have been really weird, annoying almost. I hope that I don't come across like that.

My Virgo rising makes me come across as reserved, snobbish almost to those who don't know me well.

Re: Good

wilsontc said:
bella,

Although there are challenges in your chart, your chart is intensely FOCUSED (by T-square and Easy Oppositions), and your energy all interconnects. This means you can use all your energy. Your greatest challenge is, although you are focused on using what you know about yourself to develop your inner world (planes on the bottom left of your chart), your North node (future goals) is focused in the "outer world" part of the chart (in your 10th house (duty, also career). This indicates that, at some time, you need to get OUT of your inner world and out into the "outer world", perhaps in developing your career.

To help with this, your North node is the focus of a T-square created by the Moon (home, also emotions) opposite (energy is over-excited by) Venus (relationships). This indicates that an awareness of your emotions and building close relationships could help with any career goals you have.

So work on "getting out there" and building up your relationships (if you haven't already done this)!

Careering,

Tim

Thanks for your input, Tim. I just have a question though. Forgive me if it sounds stupid. But when you say my chart is focused, what does that mean? And what is it focused TOWARD, if that makes any sense?

wilsontc

Staff member
Neptune and Mars-Uranus

bella,

Your chart is focused by T-square on Neptune (spirituality, also confusion). This can create an extreme sense of "interconnection" with everything and everyone. But it can also make it challenging to separate your OWN energy from the energy of those around you.

Your chart is also focused by Easy Opposition on Mars (being, also action, anger) conjunct (energy is combined with) Uranus (friends, also rebellion, restructuring). This could indicate that you get angry quickly or are quick to "blow up" at others. It ALSO could indicate that you take actions in social groups (such as with friends), or that you break down and restructure your actions in some way. This last possibility might lead to doing and undoing things in your life. Instead, take action and then REstructure that action. These are only possibilities of what to do with Mars-Uranus energy: it comes down to using and restructuring your actions in some way.

Focused,

Tim