Saturn transiting 9th house & conjuncting MC

Ojos_raros

Saturn has been transiting my 9th house for at least a year now. Last June, I made up my mind to finish a MA in Spanish and have been in school part time. In July, I"ll be in Spain taking another 3 classes - it's a unique program that travels to different countries every summer. This fits my natal chart quite well as I have Uranus & Pluto conjunct the MC in the 9th house. Hand says about Saturn conjuncting Uranus that "serious study and long-range projects requiring great concentration and effort can be undertaken."

Right now, Saturn is right on top of Uranus, Pluto and the MC. Here's my experience: I've had 2 interviews - one with a school in Brazil that I dont think I will get and another job promotion at my current job that I dont think I will get either. "With this aspect, it is likely that you will experience some degree of frustration in achieving your objectives," says astrology weekly. Saturn is also squaring my natal Sun and the disappoint of not getting these jobs has sunk its teeth into my self confidence. Ive been harshly questioning my bilingual and communication skills during those interviews!

Saturn will go retrograde in 2 months, then pass for its final time over the MC next August, 2009. So, although Im bummed at the momment, I am realizing that anything can happen next summer with my natal allignment. Ive read that there will be some questioning about whether or not Im on the right career track. I think I am (Im a bilingual teacher; polylingual soon, I hope)

Im curious about others experiences with Saturn over the MC, especially conjuncting other outer planets and also about Saturn retrograding in regards to karma.

thanks for any commets!

Neptune Rising

Hello

I have Saturn transiting the 9th too currently. Pluto is also in my 9th near the MC but in Libra so won't experience that until later. I have aquired so many books since this transit started, I've been delving very deeply into self improvement books, especially about how the mental outlook can affect the health. I also started a course about yoga massage. I also find my beliefs on life also changing as a result of meeting some new people. I find myself changing my previous philosophy, not abanding it altogether but blending it to fit into the new experiences I am having. I was a bit dogmatic (Pluto in the 9th) when it came to my beliefs but I now find this softening, which is great as it lets more people and experiences into my life.

I am very curious to what this stationing retro Saturn will bring as you say, in regards to karma. Theoretically I imagine its a matter of going over what has been previously learned during the direct motion. I always find the retrograde to be quite noticeable but that could be because my natal Saturn is retrograde. Always a bit wary of Saturn but the lessons are invaluable.

Have you found your beliefs (9th) changing at all during your 9th transit?

I wish you the best.

NR

Ojos_raros

hey there,

I cant say that my beliefs have really changed at all during Saturn's transit in the 9th. Im into self improvement, especially diet and spirituality, but really those issues have not been on my mind as of late. I've been more thinking about how I can improve my spanish and finishing my MA and also what I want to do for a living for the next few years. 9th house is about higher education and travel to distance places as well as philosophy. Its interesting how Saturn affects individuals in unique and personal ways.

I will post again as issues develop.

Neptune Rising

I see what you mean. My studies also have to do with what I am trying to get into career wise, to do with health. I think I am preparing for that. I forgot to mention that I took up a course of study, thai yoga massage, during this transit. This is what I hope to do in the future. I am hoping to change my career, so I guess the 9th is the preparation for that as well.
NR :)

waybread

There are a few ways to look at Saturn.

1. The god of limitation, frustration. Dr. No. In the 10th, career plans are thwarted.
2. The wise but strict teacher of self-discipline, hard work, and assuming responsibility. In the 10th, a new career brings on a lot of challenges, but also the chance to be an authority figure oneself, due to more responsibilities and duties.

A lot will depend upon how you handle Saturn in your own life. With Saturn square sun, your identity will be constantly challenged; but it goes a lot better if you "own" Saturn within you, as well as your sun. If you began a program of learning Spanish and traveling overseas while he was in your 9th, you may well be learning from The Teacher, rather than getting snubbed by Dr. No.

Last edited:

Ojos_raros

I honestly think Im learning from the teacher and not the god of limitation. When Saturn returned 10 years ago to its natal position, I did have doors closed and bumbled around a bit contemplating the "right" career path. The first 5 years since that was a lot of hard work and learning, stressful at times. The past 5 years have been very productive and rewarding. But I do feel that Im on the right career path.

With Saturn conjuncting the midheaven, my past performance is being reviewed according to Hand. Its stationary now right on top of Pluto and the MC. Am I correct in that Saturn's first conjunction highlights some sort of problem, then when it goes retrograde, the problem is worked on behind the scenes? It will go over the MC again next August, 2009 meaning that perhaps I'll have a new job with more responsibility. How is that related to karma??

waybread

I can't respond to issues of karma, as I don't practice that kind of astrology.

To me, when Saturn hits a chart point, maybe moves ahead a little, then goes retrograde and hits it again, and finally goes direct and conjuncts it a third time....it suggests that the lesson to be learned here is really important. It's as though we have a little extra homework to do, as we don't quite grasp a concept the first or even 2nd time through.

I would read transiting Saturn conjunct your MC at this stage in your life as asking you to be extra-realistic about your career options. Under a Jupiter transit, a job might unexpectedly land in your lap, but Saturn says, "Really prepare for that job interview, do some homework on that prospective employer, show that you are prepared for extra responsibility," and so on.

In a graduate program, you have prepared long and hard for your career. If you feel Saturn's limitations and frustrations, just view him as running a reality-check or diagnostic on your resume. It may be a little ego-deflating at first, but perhaps it will simply suggest if you've applied for jobs for which you were not as well qualified as the competition, and what you could do to become the most attractive applicant.

Good luck to you!

Oh, and "This, too, shall pass."