Dream of Death (father)

lazarusx

So i had a dream last night which has sort of stuck with me all day; i can't help but feel it was focusing in on some emotional issues surrounding family and death, it actually felt like a simulation of the process itself.

There was alot of noise to the dream, but the central focus was 'death'.. of people i know and in particular my father. In the dream various people i knew had died by accident, naturally, murdered etc.. my father was one of these people who died by accident out at sea whilst working (he works overseas as a logistics coordinator for boat harbors, i dont think he's ever out on the sea but the dream created that scenario)

So upon realizing the death of these people and my father i felt nothing initially.. perhaps it was shock, but i just continued on living accepting that it's a natural aspect of life and nothing can be done about it.. maybe i was viewing it from an entirely rational perspective, im not sure. But some time later in the dream the gravity of what just happened hit me and i broke-down in tears over the death of my father. The emotional intensity was enormous.. i felt like my heart exploded.

I can't remember if i woke-up after this or continued dreaming, but that's where it more or less ended. My father's an ex-military man and hes very rigid, so i was brought up to repress emotion.. which i've spent the last couple of years deeply exploring.

Now interestingly enough T pluto is conjunct Neptune and Saturn(father?) in the 8th house Capricorn. I'm not sure if this dream is perhaps implying a deeper sense of love for my father then what im actually acknowledging in waking consciousness, or a sense of pain that i cant connect with him (My sun/chiron is also opposed to Saturn). I'll admit im sort of confused, we're emotionally distant but its never bothered me.. even now it feels fine, but maybe its not lol.

JUPITERASC

QUOTE FROM THE A- Z DREAM MOODS DICTIONARY http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/:smile:

"Every detail, even the most minute element in your dream is important and must be considered when analyzing your dreams. Each symbol represents a feeling, a mood, a memory or something from your unconscious. Look closely at the characters, animals, objects, places, emotions, and even color and numbers that are depicted in your dreams. Even the most trivial symbol can be significant. This dictionary, along with your own personal experiences, memories and circumstances, will serve to guide you through a meaningful and personalized interpretation. With practice, you can gain an understanding of the cryptic messages your dreams are trying to tell you
".

lazarusx

Much appreciated JUPITERASC.

I only wish i could remember every detail, although i suppose it gives me incentive to really focus in on what i do remember and their symbolic nature. I have a feeling that alot of repressed emotion is beginning to rise towards the surface and it's manifesting through my dreams and the relationship between my self and the people involved is perhaps where attention needs to be directed.

I will give this some thought.

TransformingSelf

Hello Lazarusx,

How are you? I had seen your message a little over a week ago and wanted to give you some ideas about your dream. I think your dream of death of people close to you is symbolic of a metaphoric death of your views of them. You are now coming to grips with the way you felt about them and coming to see them in a new light. You are trying to understand your father as he is instead of the view that you have made of him in the past. Your reevaluation is coming from your own introspection. You found it difficult to show emotion to your father because you found it difficult to show emotion and love to yourself.
This introspection can be found in the astrology you mention. Transiting Pluto conjunct your Neptune and Saturn in 8th house Capricorn is about your own self-study. The confusion rises from the gush of emotion that Neptune represents and the limit of emotion that Saturn represents. You are uncertain on how to feel about your father and other close people because you are uncertain about how you feel about yourself. Transiting Pluto is about changing your personal feelings so you can have a clearer sense of who you are and of being able to find love in yourself. Having Sun/Chiron in opposition to Saturn has been difficult because you want to be flawless and meet your own expectations, but what's important to recognize is that those expectations are self-imposed limitations, and they too can be broken down and replaced with feelings of self-value and love for the person you are, with your strengths and flaws. Why exactly did you think that your father was emotionally distant with you? Is it because you built a view of him that matched the inapproachability you felt about yourself? This Pluto transit will help to expose the answers that you are looking for and the barriers that need to be broken for you to approach others by approaching yourself first. When you love who you are, you will be able to spread the love to your father and those closest to you. Love yourself and you will find the actions and words to bring that love to your father.