Ascendant in 27º Cancer

Julian

Banned
Does it have Leo tendencies? I've read that before. Also my birth time is EXACT (unless my father's wristwatch was wrong)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_julian_g.65256.15356.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_julian_g.65256.15356.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 44

Izzy542

This question you can answer yourself better than anyone, it is a huge difference in the appearances between those two ascendants. The Leo Ascendant it is probably the easiest anyone could tell, they attract the attention at the first sight and have very proud body posture. If that what you are asking. In case you want to know if you can be in between two ascendant, no I believe not, because ASC is your body it is a specific point not a planet and distance to be near or far away.

Kannon

In a sense Izzy is right, assuming your astrological literacy is fluent enough. However, the fact that you're asking the question indicates it is not.

You don't actually have an Asc of 26-27 Cancer. There was a possible Asc at 28 for your date/time/location of birth, and back at 22 Cancer. Its good your father timed your birth as precisely as possible, but that is only the mundane starting place for an accurate Asc. Your Asc sign is indeed Cancer, so it is just a matter of the degree. Try watching the transits of Sun and Mars through the signs of Cancer and Capricorn (the other cardinal signs as well) for periods of 1-2 days in which your energy level, confidence, assertiveness increases noticeably. In your case this could work because there are no other planets in declination near the far north (or south) area of Cancer (or Cap). 4, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20 Cancer are also possible.

Julian

Banned
In a sense Izzy is right, assuming your astrological literacy is fluent enough. However, the fact that you're asking the question indicates it is not.

You don't actually have an Asc of 26-27 Cancer. There was a possible Asc at 28 for your date/time/location of birth, and back at 22 Cancer. Its good your father timed your birth as precisely as possible, but that is only the mundane starting place for an accurate Asc. Your Asc sign is indeed Cancer, so it is just a matter of the degree. Try watching the transits of Sun and Mars through the signs of Cancer and Capricorn (the other cardinal signs as well) for periods of 1-2 days in which your energy level, confidence, assertiveness increases noticeably. In your case this could work because there are no other planets in declination near the far north (or south) area of Cancer (or Cap). 4, 10, 12, 14, 18, 20 Cancer are also possible.

I'm not exactly getting why you're saying that it's not possible for me to have a 26-27 Cancer ascendant.

There have been inconsistencies, though. Let me rephrase that, I am a person that feels that draws a lot of attention when talks and without even trying. Speaking about physical nature, I have had a very very slow growth (I'm 16) and I haven't fully gone through puberty physically, which is pretty weird (although this also happened to my dad when he was young) and of course people are very surprised when I tell them my age. People like me without me even trying. I don't know...

I sometimes really felt I am a Cancer rising but hmm when I was very young I was really really egoistic and leader-like (even more than what I am now). It's very weird.

Last edited:

Bunraku

How do you know your dad's wristwatch was correctly timed?
check your birth certificate, sometimes people make mistakes

JUPITERASC

The birth certificate says 1:30 pm
but my dad heard the doctors say it was 1:21 pm when I was born.
so your birth time is based on what your dad heard the doctors say :smile:

Also my birth time is EXACT
(unless my father's wristwatch was wrong)
so
this highlights that your birthtime may be due to either your father looking at his wristwatch
or
your father hearing doctors stating your time of birth

byjove

Account Closed
Julian,

In my experience, the best thing to do is to watch transits to the angles.

Whenever Mars conjuncts or squares my 27 Cancer ascendent, I've an argument with a sibling - like clockwork.

Transiting Uranus conjunct Mercury in the 9th - I moved abroad for study. Later, in the 10th house, to my complete disbelief, I lost interest and faith in the career I'd been planning for so many years through school - that's change in the 10th.

Cancer ascendents are normally very shy at first when they meet people and in my experience (I know at least 4 people very well, besides myself) don't perform best in groups - unless there is substantial indications elsewhere in the chart to add confidence. Even then, sometimes these energies don't blend exactly, I find they can rotate. One can be very shy in some situations and not others.

What's your Sun sign? It's house and aspects? Also, if you're Cancer ascendent - the Moon *reflects* characteristics of the sign it's in (mine is Virgo, people see a LOT of Virgo traits in me). If Leo rising, the Sun gains double importance. (mine is in Aries in the 10th, I shine in public). I hope my example helps.

Julian

Banned
Julian,

In my experience, the best thing to do is to watch transits to the angles.

Whenever Mars conjuncts or squares my 27 Cancer ascendent, I've an argument with a sibling - like clockwork.

Transiting Uranus conjunct Mercury in the 9th - I moved abroad for study. Later, in the 10th house, to my complete disbelief, I lost interest and faith in the career I'd been planning for so many years through school - that's change in the 10th.

Cancer ascendents are normally very shy at first when they meet people and in my experience (I know at least 4 people very well, besides myself) don't perform best in groups - unless there is substantial indications elsewhere in the chart to add confidence. Even then, sometimes these energies don't blend exactly, I find they can rotate. One can be very shy in some situations and not others.

What's your Sun sign? It's house and aspects? Also, if you're Cancer ascendent - the Moon *reflects* characteristics of the sign it's in (mine is Virgo, people see a LOT of Virgo traits in me). If Leo rising, the Sun gains double importance. (mine is in Aries in the 10th, I shine in public). I hope my example helps.
My Sun is in Aries in the 9th, conjunct Jupiter. My Moon is in Libra in the 4th. I consider myself to be so much more Aries than Cancer honestly. And yeah I feel pretty shy when I first go to a new place and meet new people but that's been hindered as the time went on. That used to happen more when I was little and now it's less.

Last edited: