Out of Bounds Planets , help understanding them?

Venusmagic89

In my natal chart, I recently discovered I have 3 out of bounds planets. I've read that's very rare to have that many. Additionally, the rest of my planets including the sun, are 1 degree away from going out of bounds (I know the sun never actually goes out of bounds though)

These are my declination:
Sun- 22'32 N ---borderline---
Moon- 26'21 N * out of bounds* 18°cancer
Mercury - 15'55 N
Venus- 24'20 N * out of bounds* 2°cancer
Mars- 22'57 N ~~~borderline~~~
Jupiter- 22'26 N ---borderline---
Saturn - 22'12 S ~~~borderline~~~
Uranus - 23'48 S * out of bounds * 4°Cap
Neptune - 22'01 S ---borderline---
Pluto - 00'13 S
Chiron - 17'18 N

As you see, I've got Moon, Venus and Uranus in clear out of bounds declinations.

However my Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn AND Neptune are all just 1 degree shy of out of bounds territory. I know the sun never goes out if bounds, however the other planets can. Is there a type of "cusp" affect on those planets at all? I'm hoping not, because I'm in awe of how many out of bounds planets I already have, but with all my declinations at close to 23, I'm wondering if the planet starts to have residual out of bounds affects beginning at 22 declination.

Another very interesting aspect, is my out of bounds venus opposition out of bounds uranus. That aspect is one of the most potent aspects in my whole chart. Its an aspect I've already studied in depth, but now finding out both planets are also out of bounds and it brings a whole new flair to it that I'm curious if anyone knows about?

I've read Venus out of bounds takes on a Uranian / Aquarian vibe. I've also read any hard natal aspects between Venus and Uranus take on an Aquarian flavor. So I have both then.
Natally, Venus rules my ASC though, and the aspect it makes to my ASC is a Semi Square.

Facts and Aspects about my Natal Venus:
Venus Declination: 24'20 North
1. Venus rules my ASC and 6th house
2. Venus is located at 2° Cancer in my 2nd house.
-semi square ASC 0° orb
-opposition uranus 2° orb
-conjunct chiron 3° orb
-opposition Neptune 9° orb
-opposition saturn 10° orb
-trine Pluto 10° orb

Obviously the strongest aspect here is the opposition to my 8th house Uranus. And as both planets are out of bounds, this further solidifies their bond.

Uranus Natal Aspects :
Uranus Declination: 23'48 South
1. Uranus Rules my 10th and 11th houses
2. Uranus is in 8th house at 4° Capricorn
-opposition to Venus 2° orb
-opposition to Chiron 1° orb
-conjunction to Neptune 7° orb
-conjunction to Saturn 8° orb

(Note that both Saturn and Neptune are in my 9th house, so uranus is in a different house but still conjunct to them. However I know them being in diff houses weakens,,or adds another flavor to the aspect)

My moon is my other out of bounds planet, and its the farthest out of bounds.

Moon Aspects
Moon Declination: 26'21 North
1. Moon rules 3rd house
2. Moon is in the 3rd house at 18° Cancer
-Sextile to ASC 0° Orb
-Semi Sextile to Jupiter 0° Orb
-Conjunct to Mars 5° orb
-Opposition to Saturn 6° Orb
-Opposition to Neptune 7° Orb
-Trine to Pluto 6° Orb

Does anyone know how the 3 out of bounds planets may function?

I will say these things about my self and life so far:
1. I come from a well off family, I always had more than enough materialistic comforts growing up.

2. I was a WILD teenager. I (and my friends) totaled 4 of my cars, which my parents continued to replace. I had no boundaries in high school, or college for that matter- I drank, smoked pot, partied, danced naked in the moonlight, etc I was unbridled.

3. I have since calmed down, but one thing that's always stuck with me is a resistance to conformity. Even as a child, I never wanted to be the status quo. Its like a disease to be normal in my mind. I always had to be different or the exception to the rule. Even when im not consciously trying to break any rules, my situation ALWAYS defies the norm. Id be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "your situation is unlike any other I've seen"

4. Even now that I'm out on my own working, I never seem to go without. Things I want and need always seem to find their way to me like a magnet!

3. The one thing I want more than anything though is a satisfying relationship. My relationships have been a disaster to say the least. I've fallen in love 4 real times so far, and every time its ended in heart break. I realized I seem to be picking the wrong guys, but when 'right' guys come along I just can't- they're so boring. The exciting ones always hurt me though,but they're the only ones I've been attracted to (so far) I'm really hoping this will change, and I'll meet the right one. Maybe understanding my OOB planets and traits can help.it sounds selfish, I know, and im so blessed to have what I have in other areas- but its like the one thing I really want I cant have.

Part of my issue now, is that everything thinks I'm flirting with them. Im in the field of Business so I meet with a lot of men for different things. Most of these men are all married with kids already. After a meeting I had last week, on my way out, the guy made a point to mention that his WIFE just had another baby (we did not talk about anything in our personal lives during the meeting and we never had. This was actually our first time meeting. And im very perceptive, and the way he brought it up was out of place) I was offended that he went out of his way to mention that. He thought I was hitting on him! And while I did think he was an attractive guy, I did notice his wedding band and I would never hit on a married guy. No way! Another instance happened this week when I was at a business launch party. A guy who has been trying to get my business for his legal consulting business ran into me. We chatted, he was with his wife, and he mentioned that he had planned to call me this week to set up a meeting to see if I'd be interesting in his legal services. I politely declined, but he wished to continue chatting with me. His wife looked visibly uncomfortable by my presence and she seemed annoyed at her husbands interest in me.
I've noticed in the past, two of my exes (the two who were Capricorn) always said my image in public made them uncomfortable. I have a unique style of dress, and I'm a friendly (not flirty but many people think its flirty I guess) and that always made two of the men I've dated uncomfortable.
The other two i dated were one Scorpio, one Aquarius. Those are a different story.

4. I'm different and unique. My style of decorating my house is unusual. My sense of fashion is unique (and that's what I do professionally, I manage a clothing line and several stores and my hopes are to start my own soon)

5. Other women are always jealous of me. Yes, I would say I'm an attractive person, but im no supermodel. My looks are attractive /average, but my eyes are intoxicating and my personality is..well its vibrabt. This has always caused other women to be rubbed the wrong way and I have trouble making female friends. I've also made female friends who want to 'worship' me, which is annoying to me. And ive recently noticed that one of my very best friebds is jealous of the things I have. Her family grew up very poor, and now she's totally on her own. She can barley ever treat herself to things she wants. I always buy her little things or bring her surprises, but recently I've noticed how much she always wants what I have. anytime I buy a new eyeliner, or a new hand cream, a new bra, a new anything and she instantly wants it. This has made it hard and I feel alone a lot.

6. And male friends haven't worked out for me either. I'm very feminine so I dont like sports or video games or action movies. I like girl things. I love men, and as much as I love talking to them, they either think im hitting on them and they ask me for a date but I don't want to so it'll ruin the friendship. Or they think im hitting on them and they don't want me to, maybe because they're married or they're not interested, and then its awkward.

And yes I've tried to "control" my friendliness so I don't seem flirty but I think its more than that, I think its in my eyes and I cannot stop that. Even just making small talk I always am perceived as flirty...

7. I'm over the top in everything I do. I go big or go home (and I don't go home)
If I am workibg on a project for work- ill work 16 hours a day. If I'm out having a fun time for new years--I go ALL out. If I'm headed to the mall to buy a new swimsuit- ill come home with three and some accessories. If I am dating someone- I'm always with them. I've wondered if may be I am just "too much"? I can't control who I am, but maybe im too passionate for most people.

8. I used to be involved in a darker lifestyle too. I was a big "stoner" through college and high school and my boyfriend at the time got me into selling. Never got caught, but I went all out. And I did rack up an arrest record for random things such as smoking/minor possession, trespassing, breaking/entering, shoplifting etc. Between 2009-2011 I was arrested 5 times. Never again after that though. In 2012 I turned my life around, got a good job, quit smoking weed, and made new (more demure) friends.

9. I'm emotionally unstable...a bit. For the most part my Taurus ASC shines thru and im always calm, patient and I don't get mad. Even in situations where others would 'fly off the handle' I can keep my cool.
But in situations where no one else would react strongly- I do. I'm an overthinker so maybe that has contributed (my Gemini sun and jupiter conj. In 1st house) but often, things happen in my life and I will think about it, ill think x will lead to y or z and I flip out into emotional hysteria. The issue here is that many times I'm correct. I'm very intuitive and I can often sense that something will happen way before it does and before anyone else can see it. I will freak out about it, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but then down the line it has happened and I try to avoid saying 'told you so' but..its hard to not get upset about things if I'm often correct!

Sorry for such a long post!!! Just wanted insight on out of bounds planets or 'cusp' out of bounds planets. Thanks!

Last edited:

ashriia

I skimmed through some of your post. IMO, i don't think alot of your reckless behavior has much to do with your out of bounds planets, moreso aspects in your chart. Or planets in the 3rd house.

I have venus out of bounds, and venus rules my sun. I have venus in hard aspect to uranus too. While out of bounds planets operate differently, or in some unusual fashion. Usually people that are gifted in the arts will have an out of bounds venus. However for all the troubles you've gotten into I think the answer lies elsewhere in the chart.

waybread

It's hard to say without seeing your chart.

Theoretically an out-of-bounds planet is a wild child. But the moon and Pluto go out of bounds fairy often. The asteroids can go really out of bounds.

Some of the other things you've mentioned should show up in your natal chart independently of declination.

JUPITERASC

Over-the-top, stories from the out-of-bounds
By Mary Plumb
http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/over-the-top-stories-from-the-out-of-bounds

There is an area of the starry sky where the Sun travels through the year, day after day.
That area is a wide band extending approximately 23° 26' both sides of the celestial equator.
The Moon and the planets mostly travel within this Sun-controlled area of the sky
but occasionally some of them leave this area by reaching higher declinations, North or South.
Symbolically, this can be understood like the Moon or a planet leaving the well-trodden
and controlled by the central authority (the Sun) path
and disappearing in the dark forest.
To do what?

MANIFESTATIONS OF OUT OF BOUND PLANETS :smile:
IN PEOPLES PERSONALITIES
http://www.lunarium.co.uk/articles/out-of-bounds.jsp

In my natal chart, I recently discovered I have 3 out of bounds planets. I've read that's very rare to have that many. Additionally, the rest of my planets including the sun, are 1 degree away from going out of bounds (I know the sun never actually goes out of bounds though)

These are my declination:
Sun- 22'32 N ---borderline---
Moon- 26'21 N * out of bounds* 18°cancer
Mercury - 15'55 N
Venus- 24'20 N * out of bounds* 2°cancer
Mars- 22'57 N ~~~borderline~~~
Jupiter- 22'26 N ---borderline---
Saturn - 22'12 S ~~~borderline~~~
Uranus - 23'48 S * out of bounds * 4°Cap
Neptune - 22'01 S ---borderline---
Pluto - 00'13 S
Chiron - 17'18 N

As you see, I've got Moon, Venus and Uranus in clear out of bounds declinations.

However my Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn AND Neptune are all just 1 degree shy of out of bounds territory. I know the sun never goes out if bounds, however the other planets can. Is there a type of "cusp" affect on those planets at all? I'm hoping not, because I'm in awe of how many out of bounds planets I already have, but with all my declinations at close to 23, I'm wondering if the planet starts to have residual out of bounds affects beginning at 22 declination.

Another very interesting aspect, is my out of bounds venus opposition out of bounds uranus. That aspect is one of the most potent aspects in my whole chart. Its an aspect I've already studied in depth, but now finding out both planets are also out of bounds and it brings a whole new flair to it that I'm curious if anyone knows about?

I've read Venus out of bounds takes on a Uranian / Aquarian vibe. I've also read any hard natal aspects between Venus and Uranus take on an Aquarian flavor. So I have both then.
Natally, Venus rules my ASC though, and the aspect it makes to my ASC is a Semi Square.

Facts and Aspects about my Natal Venus:
Venus Declination: 24'20 North
1. Venus rules my ASC and 6th house
2. Venus is located at 2° Cancer in my 2nd house.
-semi square ASC 0° orb
-opposition uranus 2° orb
-conjunct chiron 3° orb
-opposition Neptune 9° orb
-opposition saturn 10° orb
-trine Pluto 10° orb

Obviously the strongest aspect here is the opposition to my 8th house Uranus. And as both planets are out of bounds, this further solidifies their bond.

Uranus Natal Aspects :
Uranus Declination: 23'48 South
1. Uranus Rules my 10th and 11th houses
2. Uranus is in 8th house at 4° Capricorn
-opposition to Venus 2° orb
-opposition to Chiron 1° orb
-conjunction to Neptune 7° orb
-conjunction to Saturn 8° orb

(Note that both Saturn and Neptune are in my 9th house, so uranus is in a different house but still conjunct to them. However I know them being in diff houses weakens,,or adds another flavor to the aspect)

My moon is my other out of bounds planet, and its the farthest out of bounds.

Moon Aspects
Moon Declination: 26'21 North
1. Moon rules 3rd house
2. Moon is in the 3rd house at 18° Cancer
-Sextile to ASC 0° Orb
-Semi Sextile to Jupiter 0° Orb
-Conjunct to Mars 5° orb
-Opposition to Saturn 6° Orb
-Opposition to Neptune 7° Orb
-Trine to Pluto 6° Orb

Does anyone know how the 3 out of bounds planets may function?

I will say these things about my self and life so far:
1. I come from a well off family, I always had more than enough materialistic comforts growing up.

2. I was a WILD teenager. I (and my friends) totaled 4 of my cars, which my parents continued to replace. I had no boundaries in high school, or college for that matter- I drank, smoked pot, partied, danced naked in the moonlight, etc I was unbridled.

3. I have since calmed down, but one thing that's always stuck with me is a resistance to conformity. Even as a child, I never wanted to be the status quo. Its like a disease to be normal in my mind. I always had to be different or the exception to the rule. Even when im not consciously trying to break any rules, my situation ALWAYS defies the norm. Id be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "your situation is unlike any other I've seen"

4. Even now that I'm out on my own working, I never seem to go without. Things I want and need always seem to find their way to me like a magnet!

3. The one thing I want more than anything though is a satisfying relationship. My relationships have been a disaster to say the least. I've fallen in love 4 real times so far, and every time its ended in heart break. I realized I seem to be picking the wrong guys, but when 'right' guys come along I just can't- they're so boring. The exciting ones always hurt me though,but they're the only ones I've been attracted to (so far) I'm really hoping this will change, and I'll meet the right one. Maybe understanding my OOB planets and traits can help.it sounds selfish, I know, and im so blessed to have what I have in other areas- but its like the one thing I really want I cant have.

Part of my issue now, is that everything thinks I'm flirting with them. Im in the field of Business so I meet with a lot of men for different things. Most of these men are all married with kids already. After a meeting I had last week, on my way out, the guy made a point to mention that his WIFE just had another baby (we did not talk about anything in our personal lives during the meeting and we never had. This was actually our first time meeting. And im very perceptive, and the way he brought it up was out of place) I was offended that he went out of his way to mention that. He thought I was hitting on him! And while I did think he was an attractive guy, I did notice his wedding band and I would never hit on a married guy. No way! Another instance happened this week when I was at a business launch party. A guy who has been trying to get my business for his legal consulting business ran into me. We chatted, he was with his wife, and he mentioned that he had planned to call me this week to set up a meeting to see if I'd be interesting in his legal services. I politely declined, but he wished to continue chatting with me. His wife looked visibly uncomfortable by my presence and she seemed annoyed at her husbands interest in me.
I've noticed in the past, two of my exes (the two who were Capricorn) always said my image in public made them uncomfortable. I have a unique style of dress, and I'm a friendly (not flirty but many people think its flirty I guess) and that always made two of the men I've dated uncomfortable.
The other two i dated were one Scorpio, one Aquarius. Those are a different story.

4. I'm different and unique. My style of decorating my house is unusual. My sense of fashion is unique (and that's what I do professionally, I manage a clothing line and several stores and my hopes are to start my own soon)

5. Other women are always jealous of me. Yes, I would say I'm an attractive person, but im no supermodel. My looks are attractive /average, but my eyes are intoxicating and my personality is..well its vibrabt. This has always caused other women to be rubbed the wrong way and I have trouble making female friends. I've also made female friends who want to 'worship' me, which is annoying to me. And ive recently noticed that one of my very best friebds is jealous of the things I have. Her family grew up very poor, and now she's totally on her own. She can barley ever treat herself to things she wants. I always buy her little things or bring her surprises, but recently I've noticed how much she always wants what I have. anytime I buy a new eyeliner, or a new hand cream, a new bra, a new anything and she instantly wants it. This has made it hard and I feel alone a lot.

6. And male friends haven't worked out for me either. I'm very feminine so I dont like sports or video games or action movies. I like girl things. I love men, and as much as I love talking to them, they either think im hitting on them and they ask me for a date but I don't want to so it'll ruin the friendship. Or they think im hitting on them and they don't want me to, maybe because they're married or they're not interested, and then its awkward.

And yes I've tried to "control" my friendliness so I don't seem flirty but I think its more than that, I think its in my eyes and I cannot stop that. Even just making small talk I always am perceived as flirty...

7. I'm over the top in everything I do. I go big or go home (and I don't go home)
If I am workibg on a project for work- ill work 16 hours a day. If I'm out having a fun time for new years--I go ALL out. If I'm headed to the mall to buy a new swimsuit- ill come home with three and some accessories. If I am dating someone- I'm always with them. I've wondered if may be I am just "too much"? I can't control who I am, but maybe im too passionate for most people.

8. I used to be involved in a darker lifestyle too. I was a big "stoner" through college and high school and my boyfriend at the time got me into selling. Never got caught, but I went all out. And I did rack up an arrest record for random things such as smoking/minor possession, trespassing, breaking/entering, shoplifting etc. Between 2009-2011 I was arrested 5 times. Never again after that though. In 2012 I turned my life around, got a good job, quit smoking weed, and made new (more demure) friends.

9. I'm emotionally unstable...a bit. For the most part my Taurus ASC shines thru and im always calm, patient and I don't get mad. Even in situations where others would 'fly off the handle' I can keep my cool.
But in situations where no one else would react strongly- I do. I'm an overthinker so maybe that has contributed (my Gemini sun and jupiter conj. In 1st house) but often, things happen in my life and I will think about it, ill think x will lead to y or z and I flip out into emotional hysteria. The issue here is that many times I'm correct. I'm very intuitive and I can often sense that something will happen way before it does and before anyone else can see it. I will freak out about it, everyone thinks I'm crazy, but then down the line it has happened and I try to avoid saying 'told you so' but..its hard to not get upset about things if I'm often correct!

Sorry for such a long post!!! Just wanted insight on out of bounds planets or 'cusp' out of bounds planets. Thanks!

dr. farr

For me, out of bounds planets are a red flag that says::devil:NOTICE!! Pay special delineative attention to this (or these) planets!! Look at them and their connections and positions in the chart as SPECIAL OPERATIVE FACTORS-Note that they COULD significantly alter the "apparent" meaning/direction of the chart!

dancinglight

:cool:

I have Mars and Venus OOB (Mars more so than Venus). Venus in Gemini in the 8th house is intercepted. Do people really 'feel' the force of an OOB planet? I guess I've got too much other stuff happening that probably moderates my OOB planets.

conspiracy theorist

Has anything Mars related caused friction in your life due to its unruly, convention breaking proclivities? Let's see if some of these 'facts' have credence.

dancinglight

Ah, I'm not exactly a person of action.

My tightest aspect in my entire chart is a Mars-Saturn opposition....9 minutes between them. And Mars is in Cancer. Does my stomach churning count as an unruly activity? :biggrin:

(I think my OOB Mars is well tethered.....lol).

Last edited:

Venusmagic89

Thank you for the response, what do you mean by an OOB planet can alter a charts direction?

My Venus, Moon and Uranus are OOB.

The most interesting is venus/Uranus because the two planets are in opposition to one another. Venus in cancer in the 2nd, Uranus in Capricorn in the 8th.
Venus rules 1st and 6th
Uranus rules 10th and 11th

Venus' other aspects made are:

-conjunct Chiron
-opposition neptune in 9th
-opposition Saturn in 9th
-trine Pluto in 6th but conj DSC
-semi square ASC (which it rules)

Uranus' other aspects include

-conjunct neptune in 9th
-conjunct Saturn in 9th
-opposition Chiron in 2nd
-sesi square ASC

Then we have my OOB moon in my 3rd house in cancer. Moon rules 3rd house. Moons aspects are:

-conjunct Mars in 3rd
-trine Pluto in 6th/7th conjunct DC
-opposition neptune in 9th
-opposition Saturn in 9th
-sextile ASC (exact)

conspiracy theorist

Ah, I'm not exactly a person of action.

My tightest aspect in my entire chart is a Mars-Saturn opposition....9 minutes between them. And Mars is in Cancer. Does my stomach churning count as an unruly activity? :biggrin:

(I think my OOB Mars is well tethered.....lol).

If you're projectile vomiting every time you're nervous that may be a cause for concern. Hmm, that mars doesn't do much then, if you're looking at it from his well known manifestations.

I looked at your chart though in your other thread and the general thrust of your chart wouldn't result in traditional "martial" behaviour anyway. But, with a moon/neptune in the 1st house Scorpio disposed by the OOB mars in it's fall, in the 8th house and opposed to Saturn to boot... to be blunt, this looks like a person that is pretty hysterical and prone to overreacting to situations with extreme emotional responses, whether they are externalized or internalized. Am I wrong? It really looks like a case of raw nerves to me.

dancinglight

"Projectile vomiting" representing my OOB Mars made me laugh, but not in a derisive way, so please don't take offense. I thought it was genuinely funny. I DO have stomach issues which are being sorted out by a very kindly GI specialist. :)

I think if my responses to situations were hysterical, I'd be a pretty poor ICU nurse, and I am not. Plus I am the person most relied upon in my family when a crisis hits. I can be very steady in an emergency situation, both professionally and personally. I manage to steel myself so that I can function effectively, so outwardly, yeah, it looks like I'm coping well.

This is where I think you nailed it: internally, it can be really messy. I am very, very emotionally reactive to situations. Lots of fear and panic and I *always* consider the worst case scenario as being the likeliest outcome. It's a tendency to catastrophize, and it does take its toll. Fortunately I recognize this and can laugh at myself in many situations (usually in retrospect, but I'm getting better). I really do have some issues with death.

Last edited:

dancinglight

Sweetness

Dr. Farr, I am searching for information about an out of bounds planet and it's functioning as a dispositor. Will the OOB-ness have an effect on the planets and points (nodes) that it is dispositor of?

JUPITERASC

For me, out of bounds planets are a red flag that says::devil:NOTICE!! Pay special delineative attention to this (or these) planets!! Look at them and their connections and positions in the chart as SPECIAL OPERATIVE FACTORS - Note that they COULD significantly alter the "apparent" meaning/direction of the chart!

Out of Bounds Planets: Life in the Extreme :)

JUPITERASC

The term 'out of bounds' was developed by the late KT Boehrer :)
an astrologer who focused on the latitude of planets in relation to the equator
and the sun's movement.

An Out of Bounds aka OOB planet's
declination exceeds 23 degrees 27 minutes
either North or South of the equator