Is the sixth house always a bad place?

I have heard that the sixth house is a place of enemies and is generally a bad place to have any planets. I wanted to know if this is always true and if there are any planets within the sixth house does this give them a malific nature or is their influence weakened in any way?

I personally have the sun and mercury in my sixth house in aries. I have heard this forms Budhaditya yog, however this being in the sixth house I am now not sure about its presence or strength.

Please advise.

DOB: 25/04/84
Time: 23:05
Place: London

aq17

:)
As a rule - sixth house is a bad place - YES!
BUT in astrology exceptions to the rules are more important than the rules themselves - its a lesson learnt the hard way!

For example - A Capricorn Mars in sixth house is an awesome placement and many of the great worriers and leaders have it - Cricketer Imran Khan of Pakistan has it. Maharaja Ranjeet Singh of punjab had it. The effects are shown in the right dasha periods.

In theory Saturn in the sixth house is also considered good but I have seen it to give really bad results for the native specially in Taurus.

Budhadiya yoga in sixth house is an amazing placement! One of my close friends has it. Helps him have an excellent social life and political understand of the corporate world.

retinoid

:)
As a rule - sixth house is a bad place - YES!
BUT in astrology exceptions to the rules are more important than the rules themselves - its a lesson learnt the hard way!

For example - A Capricorn Mars in sixth house is an awesome placement and many of the great worriers and leaders have it - Cricketer Imran Khan of Pakistan has it. Maharaja Ranjeet Singh of punjab had it. The effects are shown in the right dasha periods.

In theory Saturn in the sixth house is also considered good but I have seen it to give really bad results for the native specially in Taurus.

Budhadiya yoga in sixth house is an amazing placement! One of my close friends has it. Helps him have an excellent social life and political understand of the corporate world.

My sun, mercury, mars, pluto are in the sixth and saturn, neptune, uranus, venus and the moon are in the 8th. So I am doomed according to vedic astrology :happy:

aq17

@retinoid - As said, the signs are very important - a detailed chart analysis would yield better predictions. A single good placement can save a native from a lot of miseries or a single planet in malefic placement can cause a sudden havoc.

Also, a planet can give benefits to one house but may cause problems for some other house - I have seen Jupiter in the first house makes native successful but spouse's progress may get hindered - based on the signs and strengths of spouse's planets.

Hi aq17,

So can I take it that both my sun and mercury in my sixth house are not a bad thing? If possible could you please tell me if there is any negative influence affecting my Budhadiya yoga (aspects/transits etc - I don't understand how these work yet). Also if there are any remedies needed at all.

Many thanks.

aq17

@finding-a-way I had a quick look at your chart - I do not know your gender but a few things are obvious -
Money was tight since 2008 things got a better since the last qtr of 2011 - they could have been worst. A depressed mood is indicated - feelings of being restricted and or confined - as if in a house arrest.

your sixth house indicates you have polar opposite and opinionated parents! Feel distant? Love hate relationship? Tug of war on moral grounds.

A Creative bent - artistic abilities - natural tendencies towards luxury and craving opulence but in this phase Saturn will discipline you and you'll learn more about spirituality - as it mellows down the typical Martian egotism.

qu17 - thanks for the reply

You are correct about the financial position money has been tight since 2008 but has improved slightly mid 2011 when I got a new job. Relationship with parents is ok (usual sort of issues one may have). I do like luxury but then who dosen't?

With reagrds to my financial position when do you see that improving. Is the position of saturn in my chart (12th house Libra) a good/bad thing? And finally is there anything I can do to ease the situation (wear a ring, mantra)?

Your help is greatly appreciated

aq17

slow and steady growth is indicated - for now worst is behind you. Don't get involved with married members of opposite sex.

retinoid

@retinoid - As said, the signs are very important - a detailed chart analysis would yield better predictions. A single good placement can save a native from a lot of miseries or a single planet in malefic placement can cause a sudden havoc.

Also, a planet can give benefits to one house but may cause problems for some other house - I have seen Jupiter in the first house makes native successful but spouse's progress may get hindered - based on the signs and strengths of spouse's planets.

My Jupiter is retrograde in the second house opposing the 8th house planets which I think takes away from the 'negatives'. Also my 8th house is sagittarius which also may take away from it. I don't know though.

aq17

My Jupiter is retrograde in the second house opposing the 8th house planets which I think takes away from the 'negatives'. Also my 8th house is sagittarius which also may take away from it. I don't know though.

It means your asc is Tau and Jup is in Gemini. This may also indicate that you may have a partial Kal-sarpa yoga. Libra sun in 6th , Ascendent and 6th Lord Venus in 8th house aspects 8th lord in Gemini Not really a very good placement for a female native - relationships wise - Placement of norh node and south node becomes crucial in this case - they should not be in asc and 7th house. You'll have to share gender , dob, tob , pob to varify.

selfless

Banned
6th house--( counted anticlockwise from ascendant)---this house stands for creation of disease, ememy creation, RIPU DOSHA, danger, trying in vain, speaking ill of others, anger, fear, addiction to anything bad in life, SPORTS, etc..
if u have that yoga, what u said, u might become good at sports..

Last edited:

dr. farr

From Bhrigu Nadi, Sun in exaltation (Aries) in the 6th is highly auspicious for the life of the native; Mercury in 6th gives mixed results (some favorable others unfavorable) Health matters might be of concern.
However, additional indications need to be taken into account regarding these planets in the 6th: the posture (avastha) of each will be very important as a modifying (+ or -) consideration, as also the underlying nakshatra of the Sun and also of Mercury. These additional considerations would have an influence upon the quality and extent of the Budhadiya yoga indications.