Re: Lilith:The Dark Moon in Houses

waterlilly

sorry if this thread has already been done

Lilith In The Houses

LILITH IN THE 1st HOUSE lets you always fight impulsively and initiatively for liberalism and fairness. You have ingenuity and foam over with energy in relations, partnerships and public-referred interests. With sexual adventures you can get enticed easily and if someone offers a leading role to you, you take it without thinking. In this position there is a tendency to come into problematic situations repeatedly, and also to understand the life life-worthy only as a kind of nonstop action.

The rest of the houses are described in this link:

nmazca.com/coeli/lilith.htm

[Copyright breach/plagiarism. Everything deleted and only link left. Please always leave only a link and just 100 words maximum of copied material. Moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator:

AquarianEssence

Are you referring to Jacobson's or Waltemath's calculation for Dark Moon Lilith? Or are you referring to the Lunar apogee, Black Moon? I find there is a difference. Dark Moon is more like hear-say evidence rather than tangible. That is enough to convict in some cases, unfortunately. While it is still a work in progress, especially two of my 3 Lilith pages, I go into this here:

http://www.geocities.com/aquarianessence/lilithastro.html

I haven't written on Lilith through the houses and signs yet but when I do I would have to include that 4th house brings in issues of the taboo within the family structure, either adultry, immorality or other traditionally hidden things. My dad was on his first date with my step-mom during my labor-birth and my brother and I were taken away from my mom because she was in a lesbian relationship back in the 60s, a no-no. I have both asteroid and apogee there.

They are both in Scorpio so I would have to add that it may bring in issues of power and dominance at its most intense, atempts to shame or use the blood mysteries to manipulate or protect, attempts to use sex or pregnancy to keep somone dependant or connected. Also one may use posessions in an attempt to control and terrorize in disguise in an attempt to scare a person back into relationship. He may also attempt to take the children away to punish. Scorpio is where the Lilith myth is most alive in tangible form if asteroid or Black Moon is there. Dark Moon may be more nebulous, simply hear-say. But that was enough to hurt my mother. I have Waltemath's very close to her Sun in the house of my mother and Jacobson's is in the 11th, bringing in her 2/8 axis in my chart.

Thanks for the food for thought.
Connie

i have my lilith in the 5th house in leo sextiling mars in libra in the 7th.
what the heck?? that 7th house makes it appear as if i'm marriage
material. but i've got some pesky asteroids in weepy pisces that belie all
that. plus pluto stomping the yard on my moon and venus.
what is a girl to do with all that?

Attachments

• moonsquarepluto chart.pdf
    32.7 KB · Views: 51

Choe

"LILITH IN THE 5th HOUSE spreads charisma, but possibly lets you misjudge your children. It can lead to fatal misunderstandings, if you don't use your intuition and wisdom with children. Maybe it comes to manipulations on one side or even mutually. You are maybe a phoney and like to set yourself on stage. Gladly you surround yourself with luxury and look for harmony, need a lot of freedom. You easily succumb to the temptation to take part in speculations." Yes,I can relate to this somehow ,and think this position will be important for the years that're coming.

Bubbletree

Funny that I don't agree with anything I've ever read about my Lilith in Aries in the 10th house, but it's necessary to remember:

"It is the hidden depths that we know exist yet we prefer not to acknowledge. It is subtle on the surface, yet profound beneath. It is the foundations of our personality and the shocking truth that we often deny and project onto others instead. The refusal to see what is really within ourselves. The subtle refusal to see what part we may have played in some unpleasant drama of our lives, how we ourselves have manifested our fears. It is the kind of thing that we intrinsically know we have to deal with, confront the darker side in order to progress unhindered, yet most often we try to ignore. It is the deeper truth that we are forever in search of within ourselves. Probably the best use we can make of the dark moon is to explore our hidden depths, realise that we all have that darker side and go within to resolve that which ultimately hinders us." from http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/lilith-dark-moon.html

Can anyone else admit to the darker side of their nature?

AquarianEssence

I just realized I have a dead link earlier in this thread. Her is the correct link if anyone would like to read my take on Lilith. http://aquarianessence.com/lilith.html

The more time that goes on, the more I realize that Lilith isn't the demoness she is made out to be. Yes, she does bring some darkness into the light but she is only our enemy when we fail to give her equal acknowledgment. Of course, there still can be a lack of equality given her by the powers that be, but she only brings us personal pain if we fail to embrace her as our own beloved mother. Otherwise she simply gives us a place to release that sadness that would otherwise not have voice or tears shed.

One good example of society repressing her value, explained in my chart is the fact that motherhood has no monetary reward for a job well done. Mine in the house of retirement is printed on paper each time my husband and I receive our statements from Social Security. I have worked more years than him, giving my all, regardless of whether it is to my children or an outside employer. Yet I will not be able to take care of my needs alone, even if I can contribute until age 70. It is due to all of those years I spent giving birth and caring for my 7 sons, including home schooling. It is completely unrecognized. My husband will have no problem, if he is careful and wise. Even housing will be more affordable because I built this house with my first husband, another unpaid task, although I paid him when we separated. I do have unpaid benefits though, by having my own home.

I had a conversation once with a woman who worked for $8/hr while receiving day care assistance from the state. The daycare person made a few dollars more than her each week, yet the mother was forced to work away from home rather than take care of her own little ones. Fortunately for her children, a family member was available to care for them so in a way, surrogate motherhood within the family was valued by society. But, they made the mistake of moving that family member into the home. When the state found out the mother was charged with felony fraud. That is Lilith being punished for daring to say she is just as valuable as Adam. Her children are taken away from her in one form or another, all too often.

I also wonder if, since the Lunar apogee is the point furthest away on her journey, she may represent our ancient mitochondrial mother, that part of our DNA that shows we are all related to one of a very few early mothers that might eventually be shown to be related to each other.

DevilshAngel

I'm confused about Lilith. Aren't there different ones? The asteroid, dark moon, black moon. Which ones which?

I just realized I have a dead link earlier in this thread. Her is the correct link if anyone would like to read my take on Lilith. http://aquarianessence.com/lilith.html

The more time that goes on, the more I realize that Lilith isn't the demoness she is made out to be. Yes, she does bring some darkness into the light but she is only our enemy when we fail to give her equal acknowledgment. Of course, there still can be a lack of equality given her by the powers that be, but she only brings us personal pain if we fail to embrace her as our own beloved mother. Otherwise she simply gives us a place to release that sadness that would otherwise not have voice or tears shed.

One good example of society repressing her value, explained in my chart is the fact that motherhood has no monetary reward for a job well done. Mine in the house of retirement is printed on paper each time my husband and I receive our statements from Social Security. I have worked more years than him, giving my all, regardless of whether it is to my children or an outside employer. Yet I will not be able to take care of my needs alone, even if I can contribute until age 70. It is due to all of those years I spent giving birth and caring for my 7 sons, including home schooling. It is completely unrecognized. My husband will have no problem, if he is careful and wise. Even housing will be more affordable because I built this house with my first husband, another unpaid task, although I paid him when we separated. I do have unpaid benefits though, by having my own home.

I had a conversation once with a woman who worked for $8/hr while receiving day care assistance from the state. The daycare person made a few dollars more than her each week, yet the mother was forced to work away from home rather than take care of her own little ones. Fortunately for her children, a family member was available to care for them so in a way, surrogate motherhood within the family was valued by society. But, they made the mistake of moving that family member into the home. When the state found out the mother was charged with felony fraud. That is Lilith being punished for daring to say she is just as valuable as Adam. Her children are taken away from her in one form or another, all too often.

I also wonder if, since the Lunar apogee is the point furthest away on her journey, she may represent our ancient mitochondrial mother, that part of our DNA that shows we are all related to one of a very few early mothers that might eventually be shown to be related to each other.

excellent. so well-put. thank-you for this!

mod.

Mercurius

Funny that I don't agree with anything I've ever read about my Lilith in Aries in the 10th house, but it's necessary to remember:

"It is the hidden depths that we know exist yet we prefer not to acknowledge. It is subtle on the surface, yet profound beneath. It is the foundations of our personality and the shocking truth that we often deny and project onto others instead. The refusal to see what is really within ourselves.

Negative Lilith propaganda! There's way too much of it on the web. There are 3 Liliths and even Black Moon Lilith has two sides to her. I can't begin to sum it up here.

I have Lilith conjunct Mars in the 10th house. I have made it my career! I do not agree with ANY of those Lilith in the houses definitions unless you take them as a negative manifestation of Dark Moon (Waldermath)

Lilith in signs is debatable too. Lilith is only important if she is within one degree of a planet or 2 degs of a Sun/Moon/Angle. Some people Lilith will not be an issue in their life at all and their shadow will be dealt with via Pluto. For others she is intergral.

I am researching her in depth:

For an explaination of the 3 Liliths and abit on Black Moon Lilith.

For explaination Of Dark Moon Lilith.

Lastest Blog is on Asteroid Lilith.

I am currently looking into the difference between True BML and Mean BML. Blog coming.

Read Kelley Hunter or Demetra George and you will not get all this nasty Lilith rubbish. I'm not denying she can be mean. But Pleeasssse!! Those interps were so one dimensional. Thats like saying Saturn can only be depression and heaviness.

Bubbletree

Mercurius,
I'm glad that modern astrologers actively disband the mistake of recognizing only one dimensional attributes of any planet. In my own investigating, I try to get the full story on any issue and all perspectives. I realize that after the christianization of the western world, astrologers have tried to regain the full breadth of understanding planets and how to interpret them in a chart. Also, we are always changing and astrology has been adding to and revising the older traditional methods.

I personally don't think of anything as all good or all bad. I believe there is a lesson in pain, darkness and all the things we associate with negativity, so I don't think of "dark sides" or "shadows" as being all bad. "confront the darker side in order to progress unhindered"
So I see how mentioning all that dark stuff is like looking at Lilith in a one-dimensional way, but I was not meaning to focus on negativity. I interpreted the parts about darkness and depth as saying she represents something in all of us and not that the asteroid is bad.
I did not say I thought there was anything evil about Lilith in my post. I do notice that it's hard to find sunshiney blogs about her myself. And I agree that doesn't seem right. I'm sure many people have said nasty sexist things about the Lilith energy, but I don't see how mentioning that she shows us the things we refuse to acknowledge is a horrible thing to say. If it's wrong, let me know. People can put anything on the internet these days. Many psychologists also believe we subconsciously/unconsciously
"project on others"
. Which I think is interesting and true. I'm not an astrologer, and I'm only collecting info as I find it in books and on the web, but I don't see how what I said affirmed those negative things. Sure, I'm only bringing up one point- because I'm relating it to a particular issue. If what I found on that site is wrong, please correct me. If you think that it does not relate to my question or that this is an unsound way to use the Lilith energy, also tell me.

"It is the deeper truth that we are forever in search of within ourselves. Probably the best use we can make of the dark moon is to explore our hidden depths, realise that we all have that darker side and go within to resolve that which ultimately hinders us".
?

I could see myself making this part my life's work too. It seems like a very human thing to do. Resolving that which hinders you. And that is beautiful.

Last edited:

Mercurius

Hi Bubble tree,

I have read the Moonlight site link you posted. I wasn't refering to that when I was talking about overly negative representations. I just didnt like those Lilith in the signs/houses deliniations.
Someone who does them pretty well if you go for Lilith in signs.(Which i personally dont, I read them as if they were aspecting a planet. EG. Lilith in Aries was totally my Lilith Mars conjunction.
Lilith in Aries, or Lilith/Mars or Lilith in the 1st house. Plus all the others. Pretty balanced view of Lilith and no shirking from the shadow.

If Lilith isn't strong in your chart I wouldnt worry about sign deliniations.
It's only an issue if its within 1 deg of a planet or 2degs from Sun/Moon/AC/MC