Was the psychic I visited a fake?

GeminiStarr

I basically saw a psychic and I want to know if she was fake.

Me: Mars in the 11th house
Psychic: Moon in 2nd house (assuming the psychic is the 9th house)

d07c1eab.jpg

Last edited:

agarth

Hi,

First of all, I wouldn't use the 9th house as the significator for the psychic because your relationship with him/her (The chart seems to indicate a female, by the way) is a practitioner/client relationship. Thus, I would use the 7th house to signify the psychic.

As far as speaking to the credibility of the psychic, the only real indicators we have are Venus, ruler of the 7th, and Jupiter, close enough to the cusp of the 7th (within 5 degrees) to be considered to be occupying the house. Both of these planets are benefics, although Jupiter is retrograde and in the first degree of Taurus which weakens him. Both Venus and Jupiter are in fixed signs, and in separating square from each other. Venus receives Jupiter from her domicile. Fixed signs tend to be rather stalwart, and both benefics are involved with the 7th house, so I would tend to think the psychic is competent.

But it sounds like maybe this is more of a "Of counsel or advice given, whether it be good or evil" question, because you wouldn't be wondering about the credibility of the Psychic unless you had some misgivings about the content of the reading.

There are only a few rules that Lilly gives in regards to this question. One first looks to see if there is any benefic planet in the 10th house, which indicates sound advice with good intent. Malefics indicate the opposite. There is no planet in the 10th, but the ruler of the 10th is in the 3rd, representing the nature of the communication. So, I wonder if the psychic spoke on work, or men. The other stipulation is if the Moon is applying to the ruler of the Ascendant. The Moon is applying to ruler of the ascendant Mars in this chart by square, which leads me to believe that you may not have liked what you heard, which would be good reason to question the veracity of the messenger. Lilly makes no distinctions about good aspects vs. bad aspects, so I will venture to say that the psychic is real and the advice is true although not to your liking. Only time will tell.

GeminiStarr

Yes It was a female, and you are right she gave me information on my nephew "man" that I did NOT like. But one of the reasons I was questioning her was because, she asked me questions and I felt maybe I could have been giving her the information she was telling me in a small way? She was spot on about everything. But if you know ppl really well and are used to tricking ppl, I figured common sense maybe could have been used along with the input I gave.

Initially I fully believed her it wasn't until I listened to the recording at home that I questioned it.

Also I did feel she was giving advice as a friend would mixed with her visions. I never questioned her intent (good or evil) but more of was it a trick or was it real?

But I do kno I have a habit of being a skeptic about the smallest things but Horary has never failed me, so I had to pull a chart.

Thank you very much Agarth I really appreciate your response

lilithofeden

I know a few people who are psychic and I feel that a lot of people give them a bad rep. They say "Oh well didn't they know this? I thought they were psychic!" A lot of the time I feel like they pick up on YOUR feelings. There's ALL sorts of psychics. Ones who can communicate with the dead, who can "see" the future, ones who just feel your emotions, others who can read your thoughts, etc etc. A lot of the time they need extra information to string together pieces of the puzzle. Sometimes they too need encouragment to know if they are going on the right path with you. It all depends really, it sounds like this psychic may be an empath and "feels" you which was why she tried giving advice in a friendship way?

I don't know what house to use for this but I just wanted to give my 2 cents worth :p Happy Holidays!

SagiCap

Hi,

First of all, I wouldn't use the 9th house as the significator for the psychic because your relationship with him/her (The chart seems to indicate a female, by the way) is a practitioner/client relationship. Thus, I would use the 7th house to signify the psychic.

As far as speaking to the credibility of the psychic, the only real indicators we have are Venus, ruler of the 7th, and Jupiter, close enough to the cusp of the 7th (within 5 degrees) to be considered to be occupying the house. Both of these planets are benefics, although Jupiter is retrograde and in the first degree of Taurus which weakens him. Both Venus and Jupiter are in fixed signs, and in separating square from each other. Venus receives Jupiter from her domicile. Fixed signs tend to be rather stalwart, and both benefics are involved with the 7th house, so I would tend to think the psychic is competent.

But it sounds like maybe this is more of a "Of counsel or advice given, whether it be good or evil" question, because you wouldn't be wondering about the credibility of the Psychic unless you had some misgivings about the content of the reading.

There are only a few rules that Lilly gives in regards to this question. One first looks to see if there is any benefic planet in the 10th house, which indicates sound advice with good intent. Malefics indicate the opposite. There is no planet in the 10th, but the ruler of the 10th is in the 3rd, representing the nature of the communication. So, I wonder if the psychic spoke on work, or men. The other stipulation is if the Moon is applying to the ruler of the Ascendant. The Moon is applying to ruler of the ascendant Mars in this chart by square, which leads me to believe that you may not have liked what you heard, which would be good reason to question the veracity of the messenger. Lilly makes no distinctions about good aspects vs. bad aspects, so I will venture to say that the psychic is real and the advice is true although not to your liking. Only time will tell.

You are a great addition to the boards, Agarth. I learned from your post. Thank you.

R.J.

Banned
I basically saw a psychic and I want to know if she was fake.

Me: Mars in the 11th house
Psychic: Moon in 2nd house (assuming the psychic is the 9th house)

d07c1eab.jpg

GeminiStarr:

I do not use Lilly's rules. I prefer the teachings of Barbara Watters and Lllewellyn George, instead.

A person who offers you a psychic reading would be assigned to the 7th house (NOT the 9th house), as would all advisors or consultants (Therefore, Venus, is the ruler).

You are signified by the 1st house (Mars, Scorpio).

There are no ptolemaic aspects between Venus and Mars, so maybe that is why you could not connect to your advisor ? However, if you really wanted the definitive answer to this question, you would be best to do an event chart for the actual time of the psychic reading, with the 1st house symbolizing you and the 7th being the advisor.

The above chart will do for now !

The 'reputation' of the psychic is signified by the turned 10th house, the 10th from the 7th house, or the radical 4th house.

The ruler of the turned 10th house (Saturn in Libra) makes a mutual reception with Venus in Aquarius, found in HER 9th house, the house of clairvoyance and truthfulness, since it is ruled by Jupiter...

Therefore, the reputation of the psychic is both sound and reliable. She also happens to have a lot of experience ! (Saturn).

Asking questions during a psychic reading does not necessarily mean that the practicioner is 'incompetent' or 'fake.'

The seperating square between Venus and Jupiter does not diminish the psychic's reputation, in my view...since Saturn 'rules' her reputation !

Saturn (again, ruler of the turned 10th) also makes a TRINE to Neptune,* the natural ruler of psychics, in general. Neptune is further deposited into her 10th house of career, angular, so she is likely not a 'part-timer,' as she probably does this for full-time living !

Ordinarily, we do not judge horary Saturn aspects to Neptune, unless Neptune is one of the significators involved (which it is !)

Conclusion: This psychic is NOT a fraud...She probably told you the truth and you couldn't handle or accept that !

best regards,

R.J. Smith

* - Both Barbara Watters and Llewellyn George, two prominent horary astrologers of the 20th century, mentioned in their books that the planet Neptune RULES psychics and mediumship, in general, and that Neptune can be successfully used in horary work...

Last edited: