Mars

Astrostar

Mars is the planet ruling our actions, sex drive and desires. It's that primal urge that forces us to act on what we want. The sign Mars is placed in your horoscope will tell you all about the way you go after anything you decide is worth having.

Julie

Banned
I have Mars in Aquarius/6th, I go after what I want in a cold detached manner, only joking ;) . Maybe I go after what I want by being different and unique and this way I can progress in my 6th house of daily work, skills etc. Although others may say different as my mars is square to Uranus :D . I go after what I want by being a rebellious brat :p . My Mars is in the last degree of Aquarius and so the sign is strenghtened and intensifies. Yikes.

I was laughing at this picture today imagining my boyfriend he has Mars in Taurus he is slow to anger and then turns into the incredibele hulk. How I amuse myself :rolleyes: .

2stepbay

If you have Mars in Aq in the 6th house sq Uranus, then you are destined to be an unusual type of Astrologer. Go for it! The hell with the rules.

2stepbay

I have Venus/Jupiter in Aq in the 6th. Nothing in the 9th. However, I find astrology compelling and a major factor on my life path.

6th house - sacred work. Aquarius - connection to the Cosmos. Late degree - remembering your Mastery. Uranus in Scorpio - unusual connections to life force. Uranus rules Aq. Mars gives the desire/drive to explore the widest possible perspectives. The Sco/Uranus provides the fuel to connect to that awareness in off-beat ways (who ever said Astrologers were normal;) ). Astrology would be a very good outlet for stimulating the Mars/Uranus sq in a productive way (the 6th house ruler would like that :) ).

Curious if her Uranus opposes/Mars squares her boyfriend's Mars in Taurus? If so, that would be one "unusual relationship" - possibly driven in part by unnecessary, unpredictable drama (Scorpio).

DeLaSoul

I have Mars in Scorpio, 6th house. Its part of a stellium, the other planets being Sun/Mercury/Pluto in Scorpio, all conjunct.

My Mars in Scorpio isn't conjunct all those planets but it does trine my Moon in Pisces, Jupiter in Cancer and sextiles Uranus/Venus in Capricorn. It squares my Midheaven in Aquarius.

Its funny though because I'm very lazy & seldom ever really want to go after things or get many things done. I feel like I've been drained of my energy often but when I try to sleep, I can't.

Also with that stellium being in the 6th house, you'd think work would be important to me.. but it isn't really. I can't stand work unless its some sort of artistic expression.

Last edited:

QuaOs

I have Mars conj. Neptune conj. Galactic Center in Sagittarius 10th. And I have gained some recognition for being quite a crusader. I also like being adventurous at times, but also often get lost easily in the foggy wild. ;)

2stepbay

QuaOs said:
I have Mars conj. Neptune conj. Galactic Center in Sagittarius 10th. And I have gained some recognition for being quite a crusader. I also like being adventurous at times, but also often get lost easily in the foggy wild. ;)

Pisces rising (I'm assuming due to the late degree) with a Mars/Neptune conj would make for a somewhat foggy, although psychic ride. Any Earth elements in your chart? House placement? Any other aspects to the Mars/Neptune?

Lingering Pluto in late Sag. puts the finishing transformative touches on the Nep/Mars this summer. Would be a great time to participate in a Vision Quest experience.

twiggy

I have Mars in Leo in 11 H. I'm athletic, agile, fast 100 m sprinter in youth , long distance runner (for exercise) competitive in games and sports -love the challenge. Always preferred track and field as opposed to team sports - like to take the whole glory or fall myself. I'm not theatrical unless I'm angry. I know I have the upper hand when humiliating people in public and can outdo anyone with any measure, but hates being stood over in public and really don't like public dramas. My Mars in Leo I like. It's bringing in the Sun for me in an otherwise Virgo/Pluto/Saturn weighted natal with Virgo Sun/ASC. I can call on my Mars in Leo at any time. Go for a jog, revitalise, feel vibrant, become playful and see what the evening has in store. My Mars is fairly unaspected and stands away from my stellium, which has it's advantages.

Edit - To sum up I think Mars in Leo can be somewhat proud and aggressive but more than likely that energy is positively channeled through physical sports/excercise. I think this placement bestows me with plenty of optimism and faith in the joy of living. Me feeling depressed doesn't last long, even if i sulked and tried to. There are to many simple pleasures too cheer me up, like a glorious dawn, sunshine after rain, inspiring ethical people, a walk, a glass of red and a nice steak.

One thing I will say is that Mars in Leo is very protective, is not a fence sitter and takes sides easily and stays loyal. It is a fight to the very end - if it was physical. In a mental argument, the Leo Mars would easily give in when they can see reason, or have tremendous respect for the opponent - it's a noble defeat. On the other hand I'm the sort of mum who goes to the school yard and eyeball anyone that's given my kids grief. God help anyone that hurt the people I love...So for a quiet Virgo Sun/Asc I think I have a strong Leo Mars.
Cheers!

N

Last edited:

Julie

Banned
I liked these descriptions of Mars, and according to Carter he thinks my Mars in Aquarius works well even better then Mars in Capricorn :p . Although on the Mercury readings he took the **** out of my Mercury in Pisces but I thought it was funny as it did kind of describe my way of talking :D . I was very interested in Mars in Taurus as my partner has this placement and it kind of explained the way he has been with money. I am really fond of Carter's work, very sharp insight.

Here are Carter's Mars descriptions, I might go and get some house positions too since I am in a Martian mood.

MARS IN THE TWELVE SIGNS
It is hardly necessary to emphasize the importance of the
planet Mars in every horoscope. As lord of Aries, the first sign,
he is the essential ruler of the 1st house in every horoscope.
In everyone he represents the will to be oneself, the impulse
towards individuality; he stresses the I am I principle. And
because every one of us is like a little islet constantly threatened
with destruction by a surrounding ocean of other individuals,
and of circumstances of all sorts, which beat against our puny
defences ceaselessly...

[deleted overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator http://www.digthatcrazyfarout.com/carter/Carter_Mars.htm ]

Last edited by a moderator:

AquaScorpio

So what does it mean that my Mars (in Scorpio) is in my 8th house? Also I have a Moon and Pluto in Scorpio.

I don't feel that I'm obsessed with death...well actually almost all my songs (lyrics) have to do with death, but there's alot of life too...like second chances, self sacrifice. Maybe it's my Venus in Aquarius that balances it out? I don't fear death but I do fear pain haha.

StarNur

Mars in Aqua/10th conjunct Sun and Mercury, and opposite Jupiter.

In my youth I was either argumentative or quiet...It was hard for me to be somewhere in between. I think it stems from my upbringing...mom was quiet and dad was angry. I still find it difficult to speak in a more for example Libran fashion...im more of the blunt get out it all out on the table and over with type. Still I have the patience to listen to other ppl speak..most of the time. If they're too long winded I try to fill in the blanks or predict what they're going to say to give them the picture to hurry up with their story. :p Arguing/Debating with a guy that I have a thing for can be a turn on...as long as they dont make me really angry.

I was also the sporty type and may still be perceived that way at times. I can be passionate about things such as politics, ethics and religion but I try to stay away from such debate because it can make my blood pressure increase...one reason I think its not a good idea for me to go into politics...I can be rather fixed in my ways tho I see others perspectives...there are much more physically and spiritually healthier avenues to bring about change.

SunConjunctPluto

twiggy said:
I have Mars in Leo in 11 H. I'm athletic, agile, fast 100 m sprinter in youth , long distance runner (for exercise) competitive in games and sports -love the challenge. Always preferred track and field as opposed to team sports - like to take the whole glory or fall myself. I'm not theatrical unless I'm angry. I know I have the upper hand when humiliating people in public and can outdo anyone with any measure, but hates being stood over in public and really don't like public dramas. My Mars in Leo I like. It's bringing in the Sun for me in an otherwise Virgo/Pluto/Saturn weighted natal with Virgo Sun/ASC. I can call on my Mars in Leo at any time. Go for a jog, revitalise, feel vibrant, become playful and see what the evening has in store. My Mars is fairly unaspected and stands away from my stellium, which has it's advantages.

Edit - To sum up I think Mars in Leo can be somewhat proud and aggressive but more than likely that energy is positively channeled through physical sports/excercise. I think this placement bestows me with plenty of optimism and faith in the joy of living. Me feeling depressed doesn't last long, even if i sulked and tried to. There are to many simple pleasures too cheer me up, like a glorious dawn, sunshine after rain, inspiring ethical people, a walk, a glass of red and a nice steak.

One thing I will say is that Mars in Leo is very protective, is not a fence sitter and takes sides easily and stays loyal. It is a fight to the very end - if it was physical. In a mental argument, the Leo Mars would easily give in when they can see reason, or have tremendous respect for the opponent - it's a noble defeat. On the other hand I'm the sort of mum who goes to the school yard and eyeball anyone that's given my kids grief. God help anyone that hurt the people I love...So for a quiet Virgo Sun/Asc I think I have a strong Leo Mars.
Cheers!

N

I agree - another virgo sun here, with a leo mars in the 8th. I push myself to the limit physically but never seem to run out of steam. and if someone crosses me or my loved ones,watch out ! in my younger days I would also throw a punch or two at bullies.

normak

Whoa, so, since I have Mars and Saturn in Libra (based on the descriptions above), I suppose it would predispose me to having difficulties in marriage (perhaps explaining my current separation/need to be "free"). Also, Mars is in the 5th house, so does that mean I'm intensely fixated on my sex life or what? :p

Mars in Capricorn in the 7th house, conjunct Neptune. Haven't quite figured out what this means for me.

I don't like this description, but I don't know if it's accurate, are you seriously telling an Aries she's boring in bed? :eek: eek. My current partner also has Mars in Capricorn, and this does seem to fit him (the forgoing sex for his own ambitions or hobbies, he spent a lot of time on chess and now spends a lot of time on law school, and didn't have sex until he was older). Thankfully he's a Scorpio, so I know he won't completely forgo that particular activity.

"Mars in Capricorn indicates that you will assert yourself in a practical, rational, self-controlled, disciplined, well-organised, persistent, structured, effective and efficient manner. Conventional and conservative, much of your energy is channelled into professional ambition and social advancement - you like to see practical results for your efforts and take pride in doing a job correctly. On occasion you can be calculating, selfish, materialistic and show a total disregard for others. Sexual relationships are not a priority - you can at times feel inhibited and clumsy in this department. However, if married, sex is elevated to the status of 'duty to perform . Lovemaking in usually conventional, controlled and unimaginative, but you do have your moments of transcendence."

serafin5

This is a really timely thread especially since I've been dealing with Mars issues my whole life! There is some conflict here as to what my natal Mars placement is and also with different ephemerises being used, thats how close this is. My b-day is 2/19/64 @ 11:30pm in LA, Cal. It seems Mars went into Pisces at 2:33am EST, which for me is 11:33pm PST. So my Mars is either 29degs Aqua or 0degs Pis.

My Asc. is 14degs Scorp. putting my Mars in 4thH. (For Mars in Aqua) my Ur. is in Vir 10thH, opp. Sun and Mars and in Mutual Rec. w/Merc. in Aqua (3rdH). In Pis., Nep. in Scorp. 1stH conj. Asc. (sq. Merc). So..... can you guys help give me some clarity and/or interpretation based on this info?

I will say that as a young "whipper-snapper" I had a hair-trigger temper and cused like a sailor. Since having so many loved ones passing away within a 10 year period this has taken a lot out of me; I tried to commit suicide (a long time ago; I'd never do it again).:kissing: Since my Progressed Sun and Mars are both now in Aries, this may not be such an issue now but I would love any feedback on this info., maybe some interpretation?

Thanks, AW, love ya!
Serafin5

piscesnurse

mars in cancer as well fourth it is where i have a few issues as well
:{ my conjunt with saturn blah but i am stubborn and i am a surviver

LittleMiss

I agree to the surviver part! Having Mars and Saturn in Scorpio has made me into a real fighter who never gives up in something I belive I can manage. I think it is a "fight until death" aspect.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

See this is where astrology pisses me off when they talk about libras. Much of that has to do with conditioning. I have a Mars in libra in the 12th house and it took some work to realize things in reality but i do now.

first off, no woman has ever pampered me, ever. I dont beleive in that. I wasnt raised that way anyway. I have pampered my girlfriends, some of them, but never have i been pampered b/c i dont need itt i know i can go out and get what i need

Mars in Libra's issue is people. Mars shows where we have conflict. Mars in Libra still has impulses, but they dont follow impulses, neither do air signs period. they follow compulsions. Mars in libra represses their true behavior b/c they feel that they HAVE to let someone be the bigger person. We say **** is not fair b/c we know, later on we have been crossed

My mars in libra is in the 12th house, so i have learned that i need to set boundaries with people, stop being so compulsive b/c it makes for further resentment. I think people with Mars in a specific sign should describe that mars, not people with objective views cause the description i read are offensive and i know im not like that

Libras just believe in respect others right and in this life you can get disillusioned into thinking thatand forgetting your own rights. I think the bigger picture to mars in libra is never forget YOUR rights, its about YOU in relations to all people, what is your role, what do you do when someone crosses your path, your boundaries. Libra Mars should follow that impulse to get angry. My 12th house placement keeps showing me this also, i keep seeing re runs of the same stuff

MArs in libra can get distracted by others and their goals while they silently hope theirs will be accomplished. I cant speak for all of the other libras or libra martians, but i know my life lesson is to not let people get in my way or make me feel defeated and not to feel som compelled to be nice when my shoes have been stepped on