Wedding date election

Susie

Dear all

I am brand new to this forum, so a big Hello to you all!

I have a question regarding an election for a wedding date.
Just when I thought I had found a good date (28 Feb 2006, 16:00 local=GMT +2, Lat 33S 45, Long 18E56 Paarl, Western Cape) I realized that according to the Magi Society this is a "Heart Break Day", when Chiron opposes Saturn.

Oh dear!

Futhermore, as 2006 goes on, it just doesn't become any better and I am stuck. I have worked my way to August 2006, and that aspect is still in place.

Any ideas or does anyone have experience with tough Chiron/Saturn aspects?

Many thanks and regards

Susie

pwadm

Staff member
Come on, astrologers have picked auspicious wedding dates for centuries or millenia without any regard to Chiron and their approach worked. Now, suddenly, electional astrology doesn't work anymore because of Magi Society's "discovery"...!

You must understand that while I don't deny it to have an influence, this is merely an aspect to be taken in consideration in the overall configuration.

While Chiron may rule "Cinderella", Venus is the planet that rules LOVE and MARRIAGE. And that's what you should focus on. So, forget about Chiron, especially if you're not in Cinderella's position, and strenghten Venus as the marriage planet, whiule trying to improve the overall chart and paying attention to the 1st and 7th houses and also the Moon's aspects and position.

Susie

Dear Radu

Thanks for clearing the woods of too many trees for me!

I see exactly what you mean - and it's back to the drawing board.

Keeping it simple - that's the real magic.

Your help is much appreciated.

Best regards

Susie

fensi88

I think for this type of question is much better (and easy) that one who ask question choose for example 3 dates (with times) which is possible for wedding (and which fit for him/her) and than Rady or someone else tells which of that 3 is best! Because, yes, we may ellect "ideal day" but maybe on that day wedding must be held on 1:30 am, and than you said : oh, no, I invite people at 16h. No one have so much time (for free) to look 1 year infront for ideal day!

Susie

Hi Goca

Thanks for taking the time to reply - yes, I agree with what you say - bringing the possible dates down to a few "good" ones and then picking the best. Not easy however, with Mars about to go retrograde, and when he has turned direct, Venus follows shortly thereafter.

This will give me a window of about 10 days in the middle of December, which is good, because it is summer here then!

And I am still unsure how to treat this Saturn/Chiron opposition - whether I should even worry about it.

I think I'll go with Radu's advice - make sure Venus is well placed and aspected , the Moon's okay, Mars direct and the baddies away from the angles.
Did I miss anything?

Thanks and regards

Susie

Susie

Hi Goca

This is my elected chart :

16 Dec 2005, Cape Town, 17h00 local (GMT +2)

I have an ASC of 19Tau03 and Moon is trine Uranus, and only on the 21st Dec it will be square URA. Hopefully that's far enough into the future.

Thanks and regards

Susie

fensi88

For me, this is excelent chart! Althought Ve and Ma are in future square, there are sextile Moon and Ma which is good commutation. There will be no Moon;s squares/opositions to Ur or Sun squares/opositions to Ur, that is good too. All Moon's aspects are excelent! Only thing is that Ur has not to be in angle house except if we want excitable relationship. So this is quite OK wedding chart.

pwadm

Staff member
I wouldn't completely agree as many of the rules for electing wedding dates are not applied here. There are strong points without doubt, yet there are others which are not that strong. It is hard to find a good chart that's for sure.

Are you decided to marry in December only? This period is kind of tricky because of Venus' retrogradation in late December and January - which may ruin a marriage. There is an influence several days earlier, as Venus slows down: think it well, on Dec. 16, as Venus is only 8 days ahead of its retrograde station, that means after 8 years the progressed Venus becomes retrograde and this marriage is supposed to last for a lifetime...
Earlier, in November, it's Mercury which goes retrograde. Mars also.

Some more tips: a 1st house ruler - 7th house ruler nice aspect is very welcome. Strong Venus (by sign, house, planetary hour, aspects) is supportive. A waxing Moon is required for relationship growth and development. Moon's trine or sextile to the Sun represent an aspect which can help a lot, bringing harmony. If nothing else works, try sticking some angle on Spica (23.56 Libra), the most fortunate fixed star.

Susie

Gulp!!

Thanks Goca and Radu, yes, it is darn difficult to find a good chart, and 16 December was one of the better ones I looked at.

What dates do you suggest?

Regards
Susie[/img]

Susie

Any time from March 2006 (I realize Mer goes retro then). Personally, I am currently looking at October 20 2006, in keeping with Spica....although I'm not too exited about the moon then.... aghh, no ,I just realized Venus is combust! October 12??? Venus applying to combust, Moon opp Pluto... Help! October 7 maybe? Nah, no good, moon opp Mars and Venus.

Okay Radu, wise magician, what think you?

fensi88

Thanks Radu for you pay my attention to retrograde planets, I did not read about that anywhere so I did not look for that. So I learn something new and that is great thing. You really do not miss anything and that is why this forum is the best!

Susie

Well, after much scratching of head, I have come up with a new date: 22 Oct 2005, 10:15 GMT, Cape Town. This give Asc 4 Aqu 21, and MC 25 Lib 14. Sun and Jup at 29 Lib. Spica is on MC, right?!

What do you guys think?? I'm not too mad about Venus quincunx Mars, but I like Venus in Mutual Reception with Jupiter.

One thing I've realized from this: it ain't easy.... LOL

Thanks for your help and input

Regards
Susie

fensi88

Oh, no...Moon is VOC, there are no applaing aspects between rulers, Sa, Nerx, Ma in angular house, Moon past aspect with Sun - all bad things. No, this is not better from previous chart - for sure.

Susie

Omigosh - I must be losing my mind! Clean forgot about VOC moon until 10:40, in my haste to get Spica on MC! :oops:

Frankly - I'm a bit non-plussed at the moment; I read Lilly's list of requirements for wedding election,and according to that, NO ONE could EVER get married. Good job, humans are such a resilient bunch. :)
:)
Goca - forgive me if I sound strange - are you a boy or a girl?

So, I'm back to the drawing board!!

Thanks again
Susie

fensi88

Do not worry too much. It is more easy to find someone's mistakes then to do something right by yourself.
I am a female.

Susie

Hi Goca

How would you view separating aspects made by the moon to, say, Uranus and Pluto?
Less bad than applying for sure, but then again, separated is over, right?

Susie

Susie

Goca - what would say to this: 10 December 2005 (which happens to be my birthday), 15:00 GMT, Cape Town. Asc 14 Taurus. Do you think Mars,Saturn and Neptune are too close to the angles?

Hmm....

Regards
Susie