Composite, composite, composite.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Here is the composite chart a friend of mine wanted me to do for them and a close friend. I cant' say I'm very good at composite (or anything really relational for that matter) and so I thought I would get much better opinions about the chart here.

Composite.jpg

Since I'm really not so sure as to the rules of composite charts, I'm only going to list a few things that caught my eye.

First off was the close Uranus/MC conjunction. If this is still the same as natal, then perhaps it's saying that others may see it as an odd coupling?

Secondly, Saturn super-closely (within two arcminutes) Squaring the Ascendant. I have no ideas on this one because I'm not sure as to what the Ascendant in a composite represents. :(

Thirdly, I thought it was strange that just about everything in this chart is in that one SouthWest Quadrant, I did, however, find the large amount of planets in the Seventh to be fortunate...even if most of them are in Virgo. :p

This little...configuration with the Trine between Neptune and Sol and the two Sextiles from these two to Pluto (what is that configuration called anyway?) intrigues me.

Hm hm hm...well...I can't really think of anything else that I found odd or interesting...except the close conjunction between Sol and the Seventh house, even though it is technically Out of Sign.

Thanks in advance for anyone who learns me in the way of Composites!! :D

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
K, I find the easiest way to delineate a composite chart is to treat it as if it was a natal birth chart, but instead of it being for an individual, it is for the relationship, so, (and this is my impression only) the ascendant is the way the relationship wants to be...the persona of the relationship- in this case Aquarius but only just-major interception by Pisces-thus the chart is ruled by a saturn/jupiter energy (truth and other ethical issues).and these two are square in the chart.

With the focus of planets in house 7, relationship issues (self and other) will play a very major role-a real emphasis on the relationship itself...sun cj jupter is a great aspect to have in a composite.The *home* of the relationship-H4 is ruled by mercury but chiron is there bringing healing issues...that are in regard to communication..this theme is echoed in the cusp of H3, ruled by Venus-

K- no aspects to venus in a composite chart is VERY significant especially with venus debilitated in virgo, needing all the help she can get.
No major aspects to the moon? and in H6? certainly not helpful in a composite..and relates again to the role that sickness might play in this relationship-or a preoccupation with daily affairs.Mars makes only one aspect - to fortuna....mildly helpful.

For issues of permanence look to saturn-anaretic degree of scorpio (not good)and square the asc-the being of the relationship.I notice pluto is opposite the North node placing a powerful emphasis on the past.and fate.
Uranus on Mc square mercury means arguments that occur in public. (yuk)

This is far from comprehensive....I really don't know what to think about composite charts-I have just seen two friends break up who have venus square neptune in their composite and this played out in the classic.*.deceptions, overspending, delusions, obsessions *etc style but again I have two friends with many squares in their composite and 4 major oppositions, who seem to be happily together...? so I am not sure how much faith to have in a composite showing what is going on! The lack of aspect can be the telling thing really....a composite should ideally contain nice aspects to the luminaries and venus...A great deal more can be derived from this chart-I've only scratched the surface. All the best, Lillyjgc

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
lillyjgc said:
K, I find the easiest way to delineate a composite chart is to treat it as if it was a natal birth chart, but instead of it being for an individual, it is for the relationship,

Ah, okay. That makes a world of sense. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

This is far from comprehensive....I really don't know what to think about composite charts-I have just seen two friends break up who have venus square neptune in their composite and this played out in the classic.*.deceptions, overspending, delusions, obsessions *etc style but again I have two friends with many squares in their composite and 4 major oppositions, who seem to be happily together...? so I am not sure how much faith to have in a composite showing what is going on!

Ah, okay. I will keep this in mind. Thank you! I'm not so very well versed in any of the Relational astrology methods, which is why you won't find many (if any besides these) of my posts in this section of the forum. So, I find it interesting that you don't seem to find composites very telling. What do you think composites are good for, then? This interests me.

Thanks for looking at it, Lilly!

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
K- I think composites give an idea of the problems that may beset the actual relationship- strengths and weaknesses. When two people come to me for a composite I usually redirect them to a synnastry chart which is the two birth charts cpompared rather than the two charts turned into one chart using midpoints- it's like the term *average*-a hypothetical standard...well to me a composite is a hypothetical chart- but I'm not ready to totally exclude them altogether....Best wishes, Lillyjgc

Lissa

Hi Kaio!

I'm not really a professional astrologer as you already know,but I'll give this a little try.

The1st thing that meets the eye in this chart are all those7th house planets.It's quite nice to have lots of7th house planets in a composite,since it is the house of partnerships,but let's not forget it also rules open enemies.Me and my ex-best friend have some7th house planets in our composite too,and our friendship is all about ups and downs,we're either super close to the point where I even go shopping for underwear with him or so distant we don't even talk to eah other,which is kinda what is happening now(doesn't the "ex-best friend" say it all?:p).Either way people say we should get married someday:p.This all goes to say that a relationship with all those7th house planets will most frequentely have the undertones of a love partnership,even if it's only a friendship;there will most likely be times where the two people involved can't really tell where they're at.With Jupiter conjunct the Sun they should be very forgiving of one another,always ready to give each other the benefit of the doubt.

I have came up with a few tricks of my own to interpret composite charts,I don't have much experience with them as I said but I'm still trying to test my theory.I like to take the Sun and Mars as significators for the male partner,Moon and Venus for the female.The whole idea behind composites is that they show the point where the two come together as one,this by calculating the midpoints of the two individual's planets.A very romantic idea,and a really beautiful concept,but we all know that,in real life,people don't exacly blend into their partners to come together as one signle identity.So I like to dissecate the composite to see each partner as a single person,how does he act,how does she act.

There is some contradiction here,with one of her signifcators(Moon) being in fiery,dominat Leo and the other(Venus)being in it's fall in the sign of Virgo.Does she try to 'control' him,at times,or act bossy around him?My guees is,with the Moon hidden in the6th and Venus in the7th,she may be more dominant in private and act more low-key in public.With the Sun in the shy sign of Virgo and Mars in it's fall,he surely isn't apt to make too much demands on her,or try to impose his way;I don't know but does he act shy aorund her?

Ok I'm not finished but I need to run,I'm going to the doctor,will finish this tomorrow!

Lissa

(Continuing where I had left...)

Ok,now I will focus on the trines from the Sun/Jupiter conjunction to Neptune.This,combined with the Uranus square Mercury/Venus(I'm taking 6ºorbs for the squares)can make the relationship very upredictable and give rise to the ups and downs I was talking about before.The Pluto sextile Sun/Jupiter add a lot of intensity,they should probably be very loyal to one another;there may even be a slight element of possessiveness here,but,with Pluto sitting so closely to the South Node,they should not let themselves get too wraped up in typical plutonian matters,such as power struggles.The aspects between Neptune and the Sun/Jupiter can be very good for doing humanitarian work together,maybe they could engage in the study of metaphysical studies together as well.Once again,this makes them very forgiving of one another,even if it may show a tendency to see each other through rose-tinted glasses.Neptune always holds potential for great deception,but pure,inconditional love is also a very Neptunian thing;it just takes two spiritually evolved,conscious individuals to get to that.