Help analyzing a question for a friend!

ramsye

Dear all,

I have a question from a friend C: Will he leave his wife for me?
Asked 4:20 pm, Toronto, Canada on April 21, 2007

The background is that C got into a relationship with a good friend of hers in February. C’s man (let’s say D) is unhappily married and has apparently been considering leaving his wife for the past two years. C and D feel a strong connection with each other but D seems scared to confont his wife. D and D’s wife live in different cities. And according to D he accepted a job in another city, so he could be far away from his wife and sees her only on an occasional weekend when he goes home. They have no children.

Last week, D’s wife insisted that she wanted to move to his city to be with him and he tried to dissuade her but finally gave in. Now D is depressed and sad but is helpless. Apparently, D’s wife has suicidal tendencies as well and D is scared.

My friend C has decided that she must withdraw slowly and steadily from this. I know it must be painful. What do you guys think of this situation?

I did a beginner's analysis with my limited knowlege:

The ascendant is in Virgo and hence as the querent, C is Mercury. The seventh house is in pisces, so D is represented by jupiter. C’s emotions are represented by the moon, and D is represented by the sun.

So far so good I think.

Mercury trines jupiter and the sun exactly sextiles the moon...which is good. But this is how far I got.

What is D's wife represented by? Venus in Gemini I am thinking which is in direct opposition to Jupiter.

Any tips on how to proceed? Thanks in advance.

archergirl

Ramsye's interpretation is correct, I feel. This question is about the relationship between the 1st and 7th rulers, the querent and her lover. Another significator should be chosen for the wife, and not simply the ruler of the 5th. The 5th is a modern interpretation, and I haven't found it to work very well for 'lovers' in any charts I've tried.

Ramsye, traditionally the Moon meant wives and Venus sweethearts; I think your judgment of Venus as the wife will work as well as any, however, since the Moon is in this case the querent. Venus is peregrine in Gemini, and depending on house placement and other conditions of Venus, may very well describe the wife physically and emotionally.

You would want to look for application between Mercury/Jupiter, and separation or other 'negative' aspects between the significator of the wife and Jupiter. However, the moon also plays a vital part in this, as it rules the 'action' of the question. See what it does, where it goes, and with whom.

Best wishes,
AG:)

Last edited:

ramsye

Thanks Kaiousei no Senshi and Archergirl!

Archer Girl, I feel like it is a seventh house issue as well...relooking at this chart and taking querent C to be rep by Mercury, D by Jupiter, D's wife by Venus, in terms of applications:

Mercury (C) is trining Jupiter (D) who is in dignity
The moon (action) has just left Gemini and moved into cancer and is in dignity (has become stronger in some way) -- the moon is in the 10th house -- end of matter of the relationship. So, does this mean that what C has decided (to walk away from this) will eventually make her position stronger in this equation since she has in a way, 'come into her own'?

Venus in Gemini (D's wife) is peregrine (as you pointed out) and will perfect opposition with Jupiter (D) in 8 degrees. So in 8 days or 8 weeks there will be some confrontation between D and D's wife? Also, she's not in a good place as venus opposes Jupiter, venus squares the north node, uranus and mars -- so I would say that she is insecure, disruptive and also unwilling to be tied down/fickle in some way -- this last one confuses me...does this mean that D's wife is also wanting to walk away from this or is with someone else perhaps?

I note that D is not only in dignity but also in an angular house -- so his position will be what 'defines' the future of the relationship?

What do you think? Appreciate your input/comments etc. Thanks! :)

ramsye

Actually, I just noted that jupiter is not doing so well after all -- jup is in retrograde motion and mercury and jupiter are actually moving away from each other for a while...mmmm. So C and D will move apart...this doesn't bode well does it?

archergirl

You are right about the separation. In horary, applying/separating aspects are *key* to the reading. It's not like natal horary, where a trine is a trine whether it's separating or applying; as long as it's in orb, it's a trine. In horary, it's either separating OR applying OR exactly conjunct, and it makes all the difference in the world to the outcome.

Also, the Moon, having moved into Cancer, in the sign of Jupiter's exaltation, so the Jupiter person 'exalts' the Moon person, which is like putting on a pedestal. Look for other receptions between them, although keep in mind that quincunxes aren't used in horary, and the moon, like Mercury, has moved away from Jupiter. No aspect, no relationship. :(

Best,

ramsye

Hi AG! Thanks! With your pointers, I am definitely making some headway in reading this chart! :)

So, in watching the moon and jupiter -- I see that that very soon the moon moves into a trine with jupiter and then going forward sextiles jupiter...so even as mercury moves away from jupiter...the relationship with the moon continues. At this same time, venus perfects opposition with jupiter (confrontation?)

What about D's wife in this?

What do you think the response is to C's question: Will D leave his wife for me?

This is what I would say: that C (merc) is indeed moving away from D (jup) --D continues to feel strongly for her. D might actually have a confrontation with his wife and the action will be such that D remains connected to C (as evident with the upcoming trine and sextile).

Would love the experts's help with this. AG/Anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Belgianmoonguy

I feel bad for the girl
But I think it's time for her to give him a choice... her or his wife
And let him look for help for his wife, if she needs professional care

ramsye

Well said, Belgian Moon.

I am bumping this up and hoping that someone will weigh in on this...Thanks in advance!

archergirl

Hi ramsye,

Another way to look at this question is to examine the crux of it: will we (C and D) be together, or will D and wife be together?

I think your friend C will NOT be moving away from D. Jupiter and Mercury are in mutual application by trine: they are coming *together*. Likewise, if you take the Moon for the querent and the Sun for men in general, they are also sextiled, and because the orb is 6 arcminutes for a perfected aspect (e.g. after 6 arcminutes they are considered to have separated), you can see clearly that Moon and Sun are still together.

One caveat I would have is that Jupiter is quite strong, being in his own sign and on the angle, and Mercury is weaker, especially placed in the 8th house of fear. Jupiter is also retrograde, which means that at some point, he might 'change his mind'. Jupiter in Sag is also 'bad' for Mercury, as Sagittarius is the sign of Mercury's detriment. This man isn't particularly good for her (perhaps this signifies that he has lead her into a questionable situation?).

If we take Venus as the wife, she and D move, mutually, to oppose one another, and again, Venus in Gemini isn't 'good for' Jupiter, as Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini. They oppose from the angles (IC/MC), lending force to this. I do not think they will reconcile; it appears more that they will enter into conflict with one another. Uranus and Mars, significators for divorce, are in aspect with both Venus and Jupiter, with Uranus conjunct the 7th angle, and Venus' next aspect is to square Mars. It could get ugly, IMO, athough both Venus and Jupiter have 'connections' to Mars via Pisces.

So, in a nutshell, there is every likelihood that your friend and her man will wind up together, and then man and wife will separate and possibly divorce (or at least engage in some conflict), although with Jupiter Rx, one can't guarantee the permanence of the relationship between C and D.

Best,

Last edited: