How Many Friends Have You Lost

How many people now think you're a shmuck or charlatan?

• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Three

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Four

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Five or more

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • None

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Zonark

Because of your interest in astrology? Count family members and other relatives too, basically anyone who now sneers at you or thinks you're a kook and a maverick where before they were friendly to you. So far I've estranged myself from a childhood friend and an aunt simply because I expressed a serious interest in astrology. :whistling:

JUPITERASC

Because of your interest in astrology? Count family members and other relatives too, basically anyone who now sneers at you or thinks you're a kook and a maverick where before they were friendly to you. So far I've estranged myself from a childhood friend and an aunt simply because I expressed a serious interest in astrology. :whistling:
The word "Astrology" is derived from "Aster" = star and "Logos" = language - ask your family members, relatives and friends if they have noticed the stars in the sky at night! The study of the language of the stars IMO indicates an interest in one's environment
You should include "zero" in your poll. Or even count the friends you made because you showed an interest in astrology:tongue:?
Exactly bubuza_dulce... it's not all doom and gloom:smile:

Zonark

Good point bubuza! How do I edit polling options?

JupiterAsc, I've tried explanations in a similar vein, all met with assertions that astronomy is the only real way to observe the stars. All analogies relating to the relationship between grammar and poetry, geometry and art, math and science etc went misunderstood.

bubuza_dulce

I've tried explanations in a similar vein, all met with assertions that astronomy is the only real way to observe the stars. All analogies relating to the relationship between grammar and poetry, geometry and art, math and science etc went misunderstood.

You need to know new people! :wink:

Maybe you have some restrictions/tension in your natal chart in the "friends" aria or some transitory aspect.

My interest in astrology was met with great enthusiasm among my friends!
(It actually surprised me!)
I "lost" some good hours investigating their charts and they all called their mothers the moment I told them I could do that, asking if that was "really really" the time of their birth!:lol: They were so funny...

I wish you friends like that! And as I'm sure you deserve them, keep looking! You needn't lose trust in people and their understanding. The people you would like to share your knowledge with exist, for some reason you got the other side of the coin!:happy:

nemesis

I haven't lost any but gosh I think that is just terrible that someone would feel that way just because you believe in Astrology :(

Some people can be so closed-minded =/

Zonark

You need to know new people! :wink:

Maybe you have some restrictions/tension in your natal chart in the "friends" aria or some transitory aspect.

My interest in astrology was met with great enthusiasm among my friends!
(It actually surprised me!)
I "lost" some good hours investigating their charts and they all called their mothers the moment I told them I could do that, asking if that was "really really" the time of their birth!:lol: They were so funny...

I wish you friends like that! And as I'm sure you deserve them, keep looking! You needn't lose trust in people and their understanding. The people you would like to share your knowledge with exist, for some reason you got the other side of the coin!:happy:

Well I have a 7th house stellium of beneficiary planets (Venus, the Sun, Jupiter, the Moon) and most of them are in good signs (Cancer Moon Jupiter, Leo Sun Venus). My 11th house is totally empty though and I have no air in my chart, could be the culprit right there, never been good with light communication (Chiron is in Cancer too, sometimes I just get too deep and painful to talk to) :pouty:

I hope I get more friends like yours and no, I will not ever stop believing in people's ability to learn new things :biggrin:

Zonark

I haven't lost any but gosh I think that is just terrible that someone would feel that way just because you believe in Astrology :(

Some people can be so closed-minded =/

Yes well I'm sure they will meander back to my company in time, so long as I do not tattoo the constellations on my face :wink:

tokyo.lights

None! Because I don't tell them. I went book shopping on my birthday with my mother, and as I browsed the astrology section she expressed her strong disapproval. Yeah I take the cowardly approach of "if they don' like it, do it behind their back". My partner knows though, only because it's hard hiding it from someone who lives with you.

lazarusx

I guess you could say im a private person when it comes to my own research; i simply pursue what interests me and then apply that understanding to real life scenario's.

In my experience some people simply do not take well to what they don't understand, and it seems almost upsetting on a some level when someone close to them is involved with it, which is really just there ignorance bleeding through as fear and you become the object of their projection.

It's probably the influence of my stellium in Gemini; but i had to learn how to bring deep philosophical questions into a light hearted conversation by been indirect, otherwise people would shut themselves off the moment they heard the word astrology/spirituality/mysticism etc.

I can't say i've lost any friends, i've made more along the way though. I did go through a period where my obsession for the truth created a distance between myself and friends/people.. that was a difficult, i had to learn over time how to balance the mundane with the transcendent.

SagiCap

I've made more than I've lost. Convinced my brother and sister without proof, though my sister has assaulted me with some eye-rolling today about this. lol! I would never tell people I study it but I'm just naturally private.

Great question, Z!

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Obviously, we can't be friends to everyone in the world, but comes a time when we lose a friend over an argument or quarrel. I don't have what you call "close" friends, other than acquintescenes and co-workers I enjoy being around with.

Sadly, my Mom lost her best friend of 40 years in a coma at age 70 and her family shares their tragic loss with mine at this time. They shown an interest in astrology, esp. my Taurus Mom seems to related well with a Libra- (I forgot her B-date, going toask her) Sagittarius person.

Moog

I don't think I've lost any. I'm sure some of them privately think I'm kooky. I have had numerous arguments on the subject with strangers, or acquaintances, but never lost a friend. I'm a bit choosier who I broach the subject with now. Most of my friends tend to be the kind of people that can either live and let live, or are pretty open minded.

I've also made some friends though it, some from this forum. :smile:

Naomi_Sadge

I haven't lost any but I always wait a while before mentioning astrology to strangers as I am conscious that there is stigma attached to it. I know straight away though whether it's a good idea or not.

Having said that, I usually attract spiritual people anyway so it doesn't take long for me to actually give them a reading and they always come back for more while others ask out of curiosity.

I am quite proud of having converted one of my best friends (Pisces Sun) who used to claim Astrology was a load of BS. She's such an adept now!! :cool:

Caro

havent lost any. in fact the opposite have made some and indeed this has pushed me to read more astrology. Have done some readings for cynics and they are 'converted'.

sounds like you could be letting go of people you dont need.

however with family - now that is a different matter - my family are very conservative. I dont bring it up with them.

however I do recognise with astrology you can become a bit obsessed with it i.e checking the moon isnt void of course before breakfast etc. this can alienate people.

JUPITERASC

what happens if the moon is void of course before breakfast?
* I havent lost any friends due to my interest in astrology.
If the moon is void of course before breakfast then the situation remains the same, nothing changes! .....An endless breakfast is such hell for those who prefer lunch, tea or even supper:smile:

Mandy

If the moon is void of course before breakfast then the situation remains the same, nothing changes! .....An endless breakfast is such hell for those who prefer lunch, tea or even supper:smile:

Ah yes, that does sound reasonable...:tongue:

Merci!

Last edited: