9th house for 2nd marriage?

rk555

I am divorced once. I have mars and saturn in 9th house. Does this mean I will have a difficult time getting married again?

Attachments

• RChart.jpg
    RChart.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 91

Croata

Wouldn't go for this theory.
Astrology doesn't function on that level. She doesn't recognize our laws, doesn't play by our rules. Love is love. Soul mates are soul mates no matter are they in marriage or not. 1st and 7th houses are two sides of perfection. Like ying - yang, and marriage is a joy of love (or it should be in theory). So, that's why people are thinking that 7st house necessary represents marriage, but, in my opinion, that is wrong. In practice, marriage isn't always about love or truly commitment, and astrology plays by rules of universe in spite of our. So, here it comes theory about 9th house as indicator for 2nd marriage.

Claire19

I simply dont understand why anyone would think that the 9th house relates to second marriages. Even with using double the 7th it would be the 1st house but all marriages belong with the 7th.....and very often the 4th is connected in some way.

I see that your 7th ruler is Venus and it squares Jupiter and the Moon so in fact you would always have to watch for problems with finances, shared assets and monies. A transit to the 7th is the indicator of committed partnerships and sometimes marriages that are not really committed can just belong in the 5th house of romance and sex. i.e. Britney Spears. Two of her short farcical marriages simply dont appear in her partnership area.

You actually have Venus sextile Mars in the 9th so you may meet someone whilst travelling, studying or who is foreign born or connected to legal matters in some way ....Venus in Libra is a dual sign and there is a possibility of a second marriage but all in life is timing.

Last edited:

Claire19

I am divorced once. I have mars and saturn in 9th house. Does this mean I will have a difficult time getting married again?
Saturn is conjunct the MC and in the 10th of career, authority figures, father, boss, goals and ambitions.

kirlie

I always thought that the planets and the sign on the 9th house cusp discribed the type of person our second marriage/partnership would be with. And your Saturn is in the 10th, so it wouldn't really be a factor in this. But your Mars is in the 9th and in Cancer. So maybe your second marriage will be with some who is assertive or shows other Aries like traits. This person would also have some Cancer type traits, maybe home, family, and tradition will mean a great deal to them. This is my understanding of how it works anyway. The 7th house describes your first spouse, but also what you look for in a partner. The 9th describes your second spouse, but the 7th house mars/venus and sun/moon and the houses their in still play a role in what you look for over all.

starlink

RK55, there are, as always, different opinions on this. The 9th was chosen probably because marriage is a legal matter of some sorts.

The Astrologer Carol Rushmann however, takes the 11th house , 5th of the 7th, for the next marriage and so on. I like this method of hers which she herself got from the late Louise Ivy, a very good astrologer according to her.

She takes the 7th house as the house representing "a union forever" and any other marriage or partnership after that is in her eyes more a sort of Love affair, in other words a 5th house thing. Carol Rushmann herself has found that this seems to work. But whichever marriage you look at, 1st, 2nd or thereafter, you still have to always look at the potentials the 7th house in your natal chart shows, because it shows the basic needs for the partnership you will be in.

Then she also has a system which seems to work (not 100%, but often quite exact), on how to figure out how many marriages you will have in your life.
Take the Moon for a man and the Sun for a woman, then see how many aspects these lights will make before leaving their signs. Only use the major applying natal aspects, conjunction, square, opposition, trine and sextile.
The Sun (for a woman) can only apply to the slower moving planets , but the Moon can apply to the Sun (which often indicates an actual marriage for a man). Each aspect shows a potential serious relationship but not necessarily one that turns into a marriage. Conjunctions seem to be the one's which do show a relationship which turns into marriage.

Aspects from Mercury and Venus to the Sun show alliances which do not end up in becoming marriages. They show more the opportunity for marriage.
Aspects to the Nodes could indicate Karmic relationships which is not considered a marriage aspect, just a very strong karmic tie.-

In terms of strength, the conjunction is the strongest aspect and very often shows the 1st marriage, even thought the Sun or Moon might make a sextile before reaching the conjunction to a planet.
All aspects, applying but also separating with the lights describe all of the partners a person normally attracts.
To take an example, my daughter has her Sun at 27° Aries and that Sun is not going to apply to any other planet before leaving this sign. My daughter is not married and almost 40. But it will trine the Node in her 6th house in Aquarius. She did have a karmic relationship.
My son has a Moon which just separates from a sextile with Jupiter, which shows his 1st marriage. His 11th house is ruled by Saturn and I see that his Moon will oppose Saturn as his last aspect before leaving it's sign, so I do suspect he will have another relationship, but because it is an opposition, it might be surrounded by difficulties. He also has a Venus-Uranus sextile in his natal chart which can show a separation on a friendly basis.

Now very often the planet to which Moon or Sun apply (or separate,showing past loves maybe) can show the type of woman or man. So lets say the Sun is applying a conjunction with Neptune, then it is possible that the man will have a strong Neptunian influence (like Ascendant or Sun ) in Pisces. In any case he will have Pisces qualities. When it is Mars, then you could expect a man who has Aries qualities, an Asc. or Sun in Aries or maybe a Stellium in that sign, making him a strong Aries like person.

So if you should take the 11th house as the next partner, then look at how the planet ruling that house, is aspected. Also look at planets inside that house.

Hope this gives an idea.

STarlink

rk555

Hello Starlink,

Thanks for all the helpful information! So I have 4 aspects with the Sun. Sun is in my 11th house with libra. I aso have mercury and pluto in the 11th house.
My 4 sun aspects are sun conjunct mercury, sun square mars, sun sextile midheaven, and sun sextile saturn. So my 1st divorce was probably sun conjuncy mercury? My current relationship which I am trying to decide if I should leave(I'm engaged) is that my partner is an aries. Considering sun square mars, is it likely this won't last into marriage anyway since its not a conjunction?
So that means I have 2 possible marriagable relationships left due to the 2 sextiles to sun. Or is sextile not strong enough to produce a marriage?
Would appreciate your great insights!
chart is attached

Attachments

• RChart.jpg
    RChart.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 56

rk555

Hi Claire 19,

When you said that I should watch out for problems with finances, shared assets, and monies due to I see that your 7th ruler is Venus and it squares Jupiter and the Moon, does this mean my partner might end up taking my money and misusing it if I were sharing my money with him? I just want to make sure its clear. I did have money issues with my exhusband with him spending a lot, and made a decision never to marry a guy who would have poor money values again. Thanks!

Claire19

Hi Claire 19,

When you said that I should watch out for problems with finances, shared assets, and monies due to I see that your 7th ruler is Venus and it squares Jupiter and the Moon, does this mean my partner might end up taking my money and misusing it if I were sharing my money with him? I just want to make sure its clear. I did have money issues with my exhusband with him spending a lot, and made a decision never to marry a guy who would have poor money values again. Thanks!
Yes Jupiter was involved with the Moon.....for excess...Yes watch for gamblers too. Just have separate bank accounts and you will be wary I am sure in the future. :happy:.....

I really dont subscribe to the 11th for second marriage except that it does indicate love received. But the 9th is simply not related to partnerships unless it hooks into the 7th.... It is Supreme Court legalities and the 7th relates to lower, local court matters and deals with settlements and separations as well as formal marriage and divorce matters. Actually the 11th is our stepchildren and to say that 5th from the 7th relates to 2nd marriage is just not accurate. Nor is the 9th. THe ruler of your 7th and its aspects are the indicators. For romance and love that is not really committed then we look at the 5th.:love:...

rk555

Hi Claire,

Actually thats not right...I just looked at my chart that I had on here, it turns out the chart I was showing current transits, and venus is transiting my 7th house! I don't have any planets in my 7th house. Let me put another chart on here
that does not show the transits. I think venus is in my 11th house. Can you please take a look at my chart again and tell me what I need to be concerned about in regards to finances, if venus is in 11th house? Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• rchart2.jpg
    rchart2.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

rk555

Hi Claire19,

Actually I put the wrong chart time up...this chart has the correct time. Can you please check the jupiter square venus and how it affects my planets in this chart?
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• rchart2.gif
    rchart2.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 43

DiDi

well its supose to describe the type of relationship and or person you are with... for me 2nd marriage would be considered by i have cancer 9th ouse and my 7th is progressing to the degree soon... dont know where now ill find my hubby?

I read somewhere that the 2nd house from the matter shows the future of the relationship... maybe it shows the future relationship for us nataly also.

Interesting to find out how that came about:happy:

starlink

RK555, Carol Rushmann says herself that it does not always (100%) works out, but In my own case, 11th house falls in Virgo and my new man is indeed a Virgo. It has worked for many of my friends as well, but like I said, dont count 100% on it and just compare 9th and 11th houses with the type of man (or potential husband) you are connected with at the moment.

Now for the Sun aspects, dont take that sextile to the MC. The MC is not a planet which could represent a potential partner. Just the sextile to SAturn. A sextile is not as strong as a conjunction and could or could not mean marriage. If it turns out to be marriage, then the man could have Saturnal traits, serious, could be an older man. The first conjunction shows indeed your first marriage, the square to Mars shows the next important liaison but the square could indeed show difficulties and therefore probably not a marriage.

Claire,
to say that 5th from the 7th relates to 2nd marriage is just not accurate. Nor is the 9th
Nobody can say what is accurate and what is not. The rule that the 9th should show the 2nd marriage is one that is being used by many many astrologers but not all, like my example with Carol who apparently has done some experimenting on these two houses. In her case, each husband (I think she had about 3) are clearly indicated by the 11th houses. Not only the planets itself, but also the houses they are found in could give indications, like her example of Jaqueline Onassis's 3rd relationship (Sun trine Saturn) which did not end in marriage but nevertheless important, with Maurice Templesman. He was her financial counselor ( Saturn in her 2nd). Onassis was seen by her Sun making an applying trine to Uranus in Aries and Onassis was an Aries.
Kennedy was a Gemini and her first aspect was Sun sextile Jupiter in Gemini.
So the signs the planets are in played, in this case, an important role.
Not all aspects become marriages, you have a choice here. I like the 11th house thing. But also look at the 9th at the same time and compare.

Last edited:

starlink

Well Melisa, if you start by taking the 9th (The 3rd of the 7th if you take the 7th as the 1st house) then yes, the 3rd marriage would be the 3rd of the 9th which is the 11th.

melisa

Hi---Thanks Starlink. In my case my 11th is ruled by Mercury (which squares my Neptune) and has the Sun and venus in it (which trine my Moon and oppose my Saturn). These planets make aspects to my partner's chart, but is the strategy that those planets are prominent in HIS chart, or that those planets in mine aspect his? Either way, he is a Pisces (and my 11th house ruler has only one aspect in my chart---squaring Neptune).

I am confused by the strategy of counting applying aspects to the woman's sun to determine her number of significant relations. In my case, my Sun is 12 Cancer (chart attached), which makes applying aspects to Venus (15 Cancer) Pluto (4 Virgo), Moon (12 Scorp) and Saturn (15 Cancer). Or am I wrong to include Pluto, as 4 Virgo is "earlier" or not being applied by my 12 Cancer Sun? I thought appplying means the first planet is anywhere earlier in the zodiac, making an aspect to the planet in a later sign---please correct me.

Thank you

Melisa

gemini59

This is interesting actually.

I am 50 and have been married legally:) once.

If we use the sun its only aspect is to the moon but since the moon has moved away from the sun this is a separating aspect.

My ex was a capricorn..we had two children before we divorced after 5 years.

Now if we use the 11th with Capricorn as the ruler we see that Saturn first applies to an opposition to mercury, a square to north node (if you include this) then trine to moon and last a sextile to Jupiter in scorpio.

So not sure who was my first or if I would consider my ex husband the square to the moon separating...but this is interesting. This is a different version than I had previously read.

Prior to this I thought it was the ruler of the 7th, which for me is Venus in the 5th.
It conjuncts mars in Leo, then Uranus sextiles the sun then squares jupiter.

Jupiter seems to be the last aspect for both theories one by square and the other by sextile. I guess we shall see.

starlink

Cassandra, You should separate the two things. Firstly you only look at the 11th house, the ruler and planets in that 11th to see if all that this signifies (seriousness, Capricorn Asc. or Sun or strong Saturn emphasis you recognize in your ex husbands character). Maybe the planets in Capricorn also show some traits you see in him. See where Saturn is placed in your chart, which house. Should Saturn be in the 11th, the next husband could also be like a very good friend to you, is he in the 6th, then he could be a workoholic. Dont look at these planets in his chart, only at the characteristics of the house ruler, the house this planet is found and eventual planets also in the 11th house.

And separately from this you should look at your Sun (not your Moon, that is for men, to see how many female serious affairs he is going to have in his life). In order to see how often there could be a chance for you to marry, look at your Sun and how many ingoing aspects it will still make. Outgoing aspects also seem to play a role although that was not too clear in that book. An outgoing conjunction or an outgoing close sextile, trine or opposition should probably also be taken into consideration.

Melissa, the Suns aspect to Venus is a conjunction, so that one could well mean one marriage. But also the ingoing conjunction to Saturn. I have no idea what that could mean, either a very short first marriage , then another right after that? Or it must be seen as a Venus/Saturn exact conjunction and showing just one very longlasting(Saturn) marriage. The sextile to Pluto could be a very emotional relationship but not necessarily ending in marriage but the trine to the Moon, almost exact also looks promising. But like the others, there is always an opportunity for marriage, but you will only decide to marry that person if you really want to. The main thing is that all these aspects could show very important relationships with men in your life.
It should be the Sun who applies to the other planets, not the other way around (even if the Moon moves faster! only look at what the Sun does). Do as if the other planets stand still and the Sun alone moves towards them.

starlink

Oh, Cassandra, the aspects to Saturn can show if that 2nd marriage will be a happy or a difficult one. So dont look at which aspects Saturn is going to make one after the other, only look at the natal aspects to your SAturn to determine how that marriage could be.