Can astrology predict early death?

astrology02

it's a lot more complex than just having sun in the 8th... a lot of people have sun in the 8th but don't die early :)

I think you have to look at things like...

-mars- if it is afflicted or not
-ruler of the 8th (sign/ if planet is afflicted)
-any planets in the 8th house ( the ones closest to the cusp have the most relevance)
-sun - represents general well being
-ascendant- is more physical health
- also the 6th house could have some bearing

+ many more things!

So not all people with sun in the 8th house are doomed. It is important to look at the chart as a whole and not one isolated planet/ placement :)

and the 8th house can represent things like finances, inheritances, transformations etc

Last edited:

dr. farr

I tried to find the answer on here but haven't exactly found the answer I'm looking for. I know the 8th house can mean many things but in my case my sun is in house 8 and it's Pisces. Does that indicate early death? Also, my Saturn is Aquarius in the 7th house. In short, my question is can astrology indicate an early death? You don't have to worry about scaring me or anything I'm pretty strong so do tell.

First of all, from the specific information you have given, an early death is NOT indicated.
Secondly, determination of approximate longevity trends is possible using various astrological methods; however, it is a quite involved and complex matter-it is an advanced technical procedure, and should actually be left to the small number of practitioners (mostly Vedic) who have significant experience in this specialty field (longevity determination)

Unfortunately, there is no set formula or signature for marriage or childbirth, although others may disagree, apparently horary and vedic seem confident in this area. There are indicators and potential as there would be with natal, solar return chart but guarantees -- (post 2 & 3 below)
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=207744#post207744

Your chart is a blueprint of your personality, facets and penchants and the whole chart is 'potential' for development. There is nothing guaranteed or fatalistic in charts, I do believe we still do have free will. I also believe we chose our parents and childhood circumstances best suited to learning those Lessons in the best way we can.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that the natal chart, like solar returns is all about 'potential' but as we all know we don't always fulfil that potential do we.

It's like someone saying you can predict death, but with modern medicine and sciences the way they are and the potential to 'die' three times in a life, doesn't mean to say you will does it

I think lots of people have unrealistic expectations about what astrology can and can't do. astrology is an 'art, science and craft' and not clairvoyance either. If there were a formula or signature, don't you think we would ALL be using it?

If you use our search feature, you will find plenty of old threads discussing this matter....