Seeking Electional Chart for Important E-Mail and Website Creation

Arian Maverick

Hello, everyone! :happy:

Those who participated on the forums during my reign as moderator may recall my tendency to initiate various "projects" towards which I applied myself vigorously. This tendency extends beyond the forums; indeed, my engagement in an outside project is the primary reason I resigned as moderator last year. My official engagement in this college organization has nearly ended, but I don't "let go" easily once I've committed myself fully to a cause--as my continued participation on the forums may demonstrate. I am just as committed to this organization as I was committed to the growth and improvement of the forums three years ago, when I became a moderator. For this reason, I hope someone may assist me with the selection of an electional astrology chart that may enhance my efforts.

Although I will officially step down as an officer next month, I'm seeking to improve various behind-the-scenes aspects of the organization I've served. More specifically, I wish to move our current website to a different host that enables greater functionality and institute a different means of data collection and storage.

There are two key moments for which I to utilize electional astrology: I need to determine a good moment to contact another chapter of the same organization whose website is hosted on the site I wish to utilize, so I may ask a few logistical questions, and I need to determine a good moment to create the website so it may thrive and serve the needs of its members.

I am not overly familiar with the principles of electional astrology, but I believe I should wait until Mercury passes the degree on which it stationed retrograde--i.e. wait until Mercury emerges from its shadow period. I believe this will occur in about three days.

For the first electional chart, I need to send the e-mail at a moment in which the other chapter will feel inclined to help me, since I essentially am asking for a favor. I believe the placement of the Moon is generally important in electional astrology charts, so the Moon should probably be waning--increasing in light. I may want Mercury to be angular, as well. Does anyone have any other suggestions for good astrological indicators before I attempt to create an electional chart?

For the creation of the website, I want indicators which indicate frequent use, ease of communication, and longevity; I don't want the website to "fizzle out" after a few weeks, like the current website did. The primary purpose of the website will be to answer potential and current members' questions, promote chapter events, and provide electronic forms which members may download and submit necessary information. I desire member interactivity, as well.

Again, I feel an angular Mercury is important--or perhaps Mercury in the eleventh house of group organizations?

I thank you in advance for any assistance you may render.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Alright, I'm going to post a few articles here about electional astrology and attempt to utilize some of the principles. Please feel free to jump in at any time; I dislike talking to myself.

An Introduction to Electional Astrology

Here's a summary of important points:

• Moon's applying aspects describe the unfolding of the electional matter
  • Sun and Moon in good alignment will always enhance the election, and contribute to a successful outcome
  • First house ruler should be trong to strengthen the person initiating the action
  • Strengthen the house of the electional matter (house determined by the main theme of the election
  • Natural ruler (planet corresponding with the subject of the election) is the
  • It is necessary to strengthen the house of the matter, and link it favorably with the first houseI
  • Begin by looking for days with positive aspects between the Moon, and the planet ruling the electional matter.
  • Only applying aspects are considered in electional astrology
  • The Moon is allowed all applying aspects until she leaves the sign she is in
  • Each applying aspect will describe something about the unfolding of the electional matter. The final aspect of the Moon shows the outcome of the election, and is a major consideration. A positive last aspect is very important if the elected matter is to end well.
  • it is vital to fortify the Moon. Begin by looking for days when she is making mostly positive aspects.
  • Her waxing phase favors growth, and she should be strong by sign, and ideally making no difficult aspects to the Sun or to the planet ruling the matter of the election.
  • Moon void-of-course is to be avoided when selecting an election date.
  • The Ascendant ruler should be strong, in good aspect with the Moon, and with the planet ruling the electional matter.
  • The first house and its ruling planet always represent the person who initiates the action, and should be free from affliction.
  • It is necessary to have a positive applying aspect between the planet ruling the first house person, and the planet ruling the house of the elected matter. If there is no contact, no action will ensue. The Moon is always a co-ruler of the first house person and can be used to connect the two.
  • Try to keep the difficult planets away from the Ascendant and out of the first quadrant. Difficult planets in the first quadrant can interfere with the momentum of the elected matter.
  • Also try to avoid a retrograde significator. This is the planet representing any significant person or matter in the election chart. A retrograde condition is weak and may not function well.
  • The quality of the signs on the angles should favor the election chart.
  • Try to have the Part of Fortune in the house ruling the matter of the election or conjunct the Ascendant. Do NOT have the Part of Fortune in the eighth or twelfth house (part of misfortune)
  • Two planets in mutual reception cooperate with one another, and this lends flexibility and versatility to the matter at hand.
  • The critical degrees 0° and 29° should be avoided. An angle or planet in critical degree operates at a disadvantage. The person or matter represented is either premature or too late, respectively. The malefic degrees should also be avoided. They are 24º Taurus, 29º Taurus and 19º Scorpio. The person or matter represented by a planet in one of these degrees is unstable.
  • The natal chart of the individual plays a key role in the success of an election. The birth chart will show one's predisposition in all matters, and should support the focus of the election. The birth chart will affirm whether the goal is realistic.
  • We also examine the current planetary cycles for confirmation that the election is attainable. They will help us determine whether the overall timing is favorable. In particular, we are most interested in the Saturn cycle. Saturn's transits to the natal chart correlate with obstacles in achieving one's goals. If Saturn is making difficult aspects to the Sun, for instance, it can be quite difficult to succeed with business matters. It is certainly easier to have success with electional astrology if the current cycles agree with the intent of the election. However, an election chart does stand on its own, and should always reflect the best time to support the desired outcome.

Here's another article I'm going to utilize: 10 Tips for Electional Astrology

I'll be back with a tentative electional chart, which I hope others may evaluate...

Arian Maverick

Frank

First, check your natal chart and transits to make sure it's the right time for YOU - the best electional chart can't overcome something counter-productive going on in the natal chart.

Insure the Moon is increasing in light.

Use Virgo or Gemini as the rising sign, so that Mercury is the chart ruler - it is well placed and strong now.

Avoid a Void of Course Moon and try to make the Moon's last aspect a good one.

Try to make the Planetary Hour and the Ascendant be friendly toward each other. Try for a Mercury Hour.

Other than that, use some common sense and make it fit your natal chart and describe the venture.

Good luck!

Frank

Oh, and remember:

There is no such thing as a perfect chart.

Repeat that every time you want to trash a chart just because of one factor.

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the advice, Frank--it's a lot easier to follow than the indicators I summarized above.

I reckon you sensed my Virgo perfectionist tendencies with my previous two posts? My fear of initiating an event with the wrong chart has kept me immobile for the past few weeks--which I imagine is one of the difficulties of electional astrology.

Regarding transits to my natal chart, I've also been hesitant to begin a new venture with transiting Saturn square natal Mars, which indicates "setbacks," according to my Astrodienst horoscope. Fortunately, I believe the activity period of this particular transit is almost done--although I still need to content with Pluto Opposition Chiron ("Courage and determination") and Pluto Square Ascendant ("Apparent power struggles"). Although again, I can't wait for the "perfect moment" to begin a venture, for as you mentioned, such a moment does not exist.

So I'll try to find a date following your advice after June 27, 2009, when the Saturn square natal Mars transit will end.

Try to make the Planetary Hour and the Ascendant be friendly toward each other. Try for a Mercury Hour.

I know about planetary hours, yet I don't know how to calculate them. Is there a free program that does this, or any articles I can read? Thanks!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

Many people get carried away with nit-picking things in electional charts. That's why I get a lot of referrals from other astrologers. People who don't do electional all the time (it's about 60-70 percent of my client work) tend to overthink things.

Yes, there are many rules - but one has to learn to recognize which ones are the truly important ones to use for each election and which are just nice to have. Need versus want. Wheat versus chaff. Substance versus style.

Arian Maverick

I've started to create possible election charts starting On June 28, 2009, when transiting Saturn will be out-of-orb from a square aspect to my natal Mars.

The first chart I created has a late Virgo Moon conjunct a Virgo Ascendant, with Saturn in the twelfth house. I like that Mercury is in Gemini conjunct the Gemini Midheaven from the ninth house side, since this is a college organization, but I don't know how I feel about Mercury square Saturn (separating aspect) and Mercury square Uranus (applying aspect), which is situated on the Descendant. Do you use the outer planets in electional charts? Also, do aspects with the outer planets "count" as the last aspect before the Moon leaves a sign? I'm not sure how I feel about Moon-Uranus opposition being the last aspect, although it reflects my natal Moon-Uranus square. Ironically, in my natal chart, both of these planets are conjunct the angles, just as they are in the first electional chart I've created.

EDIT: I'm going to change tactics.

If I want the Moon to increase in light, and for Mercury to be in the sign of its dignity, I will need to choose a date between June 23rd and July 3rd. This gives me a span of ten days.

If I want Virgo or Gemini as the Ascendant sign, I will need to choose one of these approximate dates/times:

June 23rd: 3:30 AM - 5:30 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 24th: 3:25 AM - 5:20 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 25th: 3:20 AM - 5:10 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 26th: 3:15 AM - 5:10 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:05 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 27th: 3:10 AM - 5:05 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:05 AM - 12:35 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 28th: 3:10 AM - 5:00 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 29th: 3:05 AM - 4:55 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:55 AM - 12:25 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
June 30th: 3:00 AM - 4:50 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:50 AM - 12:25 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
July 1st: 3:00 AM - 4:50 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:45 AM - 12:20 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
July 2nd: 2:50 AM - 4:45 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:45 AM - 12:15 PM (Virgo Ascendant)
July 3rd: 2:50 AM - 4:40 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:40 AM - 12:10 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

Now, I just need to figure out if Astrodienst or another free astrological program can calculate the planetary hour. If one of these dates/times is a Mercury hour, and the other indicators seem good, I'll choose that date/time.

Thanks for your help, Frank!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

One other thing when dealing with Mercury as chart ruler: If you have Virgo Rising, you could also have Gemini on the MC for a double-whammy of strong Mercury.

Arian Maverick

One other thing when dealing with Mercury as chart ruler: If you have Virgo Rising, you could also have Gemini on the MC for a double-whammy of strong Mercury.

Do you suppose it is better to have a Virgo Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the MC than a Gemini Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the Ascendant, then? What if I'm able to get a time with a Mercury hour when Gemini is on the Ascendant--would this be preferrable to a Virgo Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the MC, which may not take place during a Mercury hour?

Arian Maverick

Frank

Do you suppose it is better to have a Virgo Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the MC than a Gemini Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the Ascendant, then? What if I'm able to get a time with a Mercury hour when Gemini is on the Ascendant--would this be preferrable to a Virgo Ascendant with Mercury conjunct the MC, which may not take place during a Mercury hour?

Arian Maverick

Well - it's six of one, half-a-dozen of the other.

Realize though, with Virgo rising Mercury is both the Domocile and Exaltation ruler. If you can get a Virgo rising chart during a Mercury Hour, that would be ideal.

natasa812

Dear Arian, I wish I could be of any help since I am not (as you know) a proffesional astrologer.

About the Moon - I`ve read somewhere on this Forum that angular Moon brings fame.
About Mercury - conj. with Jupiter or Sun would be fine. Also, Mercury in ``communicative`` sign. Also, I think it is better for Mercury to conj. MC since we are talking about carrer path.
About Uranus - you`ll need a good aspect to Uranus for sure.

Also, I recently made my own web site and there (were) things out of my control like web designer in hospital (he almost died from wrong diagnosys having a simple appendix). So, I don`t know how it is possible to predict each detail if there are things beyond our control. My Virgo Moon (in my natal) also demands detailed approach and rules my 6th but some things are just not in our hend.

Your web site will go to public when it is better to go for some reason and we are limited in our choises of time (unfortunately for me - this is the case).

Wish you can predict everything and find the best time for it.

P.S.

Even unpredictable, my site has very nice Natal chart (I did Natal chart for the time it went to public) and it has Gemini sun, AC in Libra, Sun trines Jupiter, 2nd ruled by Mars 8th ruled by Venus and they are in conj., P. Fortune in 7th and also angular Moon in 4th so, I am hoping for the best...

Natasha

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, Natasha :smile:

June 23rd: 3:30 AM - 5:30 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I think I've just missed the hour of Mercury on both counts. If I'm reading the chart correctly, the hour of Mercury on this date is 2:27:55 AM to 3:12:52 AM and 9:12:54 AM to 10:27:59 AM.

June 24th: 3:25 AM - 5:20 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

Again, I think I've missed the hour of Mercury on both counts.

June 25th: 3:20 AM - 5:10 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I think I have my first hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 3:13:23 AM and ends at 3:58:20 AM. This is within the 3:20 AM to 5:10 AM time slot.

I think we have another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 10:28:27 AM and ends at 11:43:30 AM. This is within the 10:15 AM - 12:45 PM time slot. This is the winner so far because it has a Virgo Ascendant during the Hour of Mercury.

June 26th: 3:15 AM - 5:10 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:05 AM - 12:45 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

June 27th: 3:10 AM - 5:05 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:05 AM - 12:35 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I think I've found another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 3:58:57 AM and ends at 4:43:58 AM. This is within the 3:10 AM to 5:05 AM time slot.

I've got another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 11:43:57 AM and ends at 12:58:56 PM. This is within the 10:05 AM to 12:35 PM time slot. This time is a major contender because it has a Virgo Ascendant during the Hour of Mercury.

June 28th: 3:10 AM - 5:00 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

June 29th: 3:05 AM - 4:55 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:55 AM - 12:25 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I might catch the hour of Mercury at the tail end of the Gemini Ascendant; there seems to be about a ten-minute window, but I'd rather give myself more time to work with in case something goes wrong.

June 30th: 3:00 AM - 4:50 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:50 AM - 12:25 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I think I've found another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 2:29:47 AM and ends at 3:14:53 AM. This is within the 3:00 AM to 4:50 AM time slot.

I've got another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 9:14:52 AM and ends at 10:29:45 AM. This is within the 9:50 - 12:25 PM time slot. This time is a major contender because it has a Virgo Ascendant during the Hour of Mercury.

July 1st: 3:00 AM - 4:50 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:45 AM - 12:20 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

July 2nd: 2:50 AM - 4:45 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:45 AM - 12:15 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

I think I've found another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 3:15:34 AM and ends at 4:00:46 AM. This is within the 2:50 AM - 4:45 AM time slot.

I've got another hit--according to the program, the hour of Mercury begins at 10:30:19 AM and ends at 11:45:06 AM. This is within the 9:45 - 12:15 PM time slot. This time is a major contender because it has a Virgo Ascendant during the Hour of Mercury.

July 3rd: 2:50 AM - 4:40 AM (Gemini Ascendant) or 9:40 AM - 12:10 PM (Virgo Ascendant)

To summarize, these times have Virgo Ascendant and Hour of Mercury

• June 25th: 10:28:27 AM - 11:43:30 AM
  • June 27th: 11:43:57 AM - 12:58:56 PM
  • June 30th: 9:14:52 AM - 10:29:45 AM
  • July 2nd: 10:30:19 AM - 11:45:06 AM

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

Do you have Solar Fire? It will tell you the planetary hour on some Pages or you can create your own custom Page that shows the Planetary Hour.

If you use the Rectify feature, you can even see all this moving forward or back as you click through.

Arian Maverick

No, I don't have Solar Fire--but I found a free program that calculates planetary hours, and it's yielded four dates/times that have a Virgo Ascendant during the Hour of Mercury.

Obviously, I can't create a chart for each minute within the time span, but I think I'll create a chart for the beginning and the end to see where the planets land.

Remember, I can pick any time between the "start" and "end" for each date.

June 25th:

Likes: Moon trine Mercury, Venus/Mars conjunction trine Saturn,

Dislikes: Mercury square Saturn, Sun opposed Pluto, Venus/Mars conjunction square Moon, Venus/Mars conjunction square Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction

What do you think about the Sun/Moon in mutual reception?

June 27th:

Likes: Mercury tightly conjunct Gemini MC, Mercury trine Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction, Venus/Mars conjunction trine Moon/Saturn conjunction

Dislikes: Moon/Saturn conjunction in the twelfth house, on the "dark side" of the Ascendant, Mercury square Moon/Saturn conjunction, Venus/Mars conjunction square Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction, Sun oppose Pluto

June 30th:

Likes: Air trine of Moon in Libra, Mercury in Gemini, and Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction in Aquarius, Venus/Mars conjunction trine Saturn, Venus/Mars conjunction sextile Uranus

Dislikes: Mercury sqauare Saturn, Venus/Mars conjunction square Juptier/Neptune/Chiron conjunction, T-square with Mercury opposed Pluto, both square Uranus

July 2nd:

Likes: Moon trine Sun, Sun sextile Saturn, Moon sextile Saturn, Venus/Mars conjunction trine Saturn, Mercury trine Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction

Dislikes: Mercury square Uranus, Mercury opposed Pluto, debilitated Scorpio Moon opposed Venus/Mars conjunction, Moon square iter/Neptune/Chiron conjunction, Saturn opposed Uranus

I think I'm leaning towards a time closer to the "end" chart for June 30th because I like that Air Trine. Is this too superficial an analysis? Should I analyze if Mercury has dignity by triplicity, term, face, etc. on each date? Which date/time would you recommend?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Frank

I'll have to look at them in my own format - and that will have to wait until I get home. I'll take a look then.

Frank

There are no data details on thos charts, so it would be difficult for me to replicate them without at place.

Arian Maverick

There are no data details on thos charts, so it would be difficult for me to replicate them without at place.

I'll gladly PM you my data; I'm just a bit sqeamish about displaying it on the forums for everyone to see.

Thank you!

Arian Maverick

Frank

If I were you, this would be the chart I would use:

July 27, 2009 at 11:56 a.m. (Regiomontanus houses used):

ElecArian.jpg

Why?

- Moon increasing in light (we want it to grow and improve), with Mercury as its Domocile ruler.
- Virgo rising with its Domocile ruler Mercury in its other Domicile, in Hayz, elevated, swift in motion, angular, and applying to the MC.
- Mercury Planetary Hour
- Moon applies to Saturn (stability), squares Mercury (but that's OK in this case - we want action), trines Mars/Venus, is swift in motion.
- Moon's last aspect will be a sextile to Fortune in the 3rd (communication).
- Ruler of the 3rd in the 9th (higher education)
- Malefics (Mars and Saturn) both in Cadent houses
- Venus the Benefic in Domicile overpowers Mars in Detriment and Peregrine the 9th by greater dignity.
- The possibly delusional Jupiter/Neptune conjunction is Cadent (5 degree rule).

Good Luck!

Arian Maverick

Thank you, Frank! :w00t:

I hadn't thought about putting the malefics in cadent houses, although it's obvious, now that I think of it.

This is also a valuable lesson about how square aspects are not necessary bad.

I'll have to look carefully at the server's website to determine what actions are necessary to create the website. Would I be amiss creating a "trial" site to test the process, or would this moment be the one recorded, even if I intend to create the actual site on the date you suggested?

Arian Maverick

Last edited: