Help with 2008 solar return

erinj

Hi all

I really feel the need to relocate for my next solar return. Mercury in 1st house squares Mars in 5th and Jupiter also squares Mars in 5th house. Uranus is intercepted in 1st house and saturn in 7th house retrograde. I am planning to go into business for myself starting mid dec/Jan 08 and I don' t know if I am happy with saturn retrograde in 7th house. Also Neptune and North Node conjunct in 12 house and also applying to conjunct ascendant. I follow Ray Merrimans and Mary Shea techniques of studying solar returns and Ray documents extensively the advantages of relocating for your solar return although you can't change the aspects you can find helper aspects so I found a location Grand bahama Island after going through just about every state in the US because I did not want to pay a fortune for it. In the bahama chart I get a wonderful trine of the Sun to Midheaven and Mars moves to 4th trining Uranus and Asc. This aspect is very important because in my current solar return Uranus is conjunct the 4house cusp and my home life has been in an uproar this year. Also this is important because I had the worse birthday of my life this year and I never ever want to experience that again so that is why it is so important for me to enjoy my solar return experience. Attached are both and any help/advice is greatly appreciated. my dob is 4/9/70 10:38 pm chicago, illinois

Attachments

• bahama return.gif
    bahama return.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 38
  • chicago solar return.gif
    chicago solar return.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 30

Kingsley

So what is it in the return that you wish to avoid next year? I must say I like your tennacity to not have another worst birthday erinj. Perhaps you have already answered my question.

I would relocate your natal chart to that location firstly and see the potential offering for your chart there. By comparing your natal and the relocated solar details I am sure you will get a good idea of the differences that your natal and solar-natal describe for next year.

Good luck

kingsley

Erinj:

Please don't take this wrong...I am not criticizing you...just your method
of avoidance.
We all have "things" in our little red wagon that we pull around behind
us through life. That's why we are here...at this time...at this place.
We made the choice to get rid of (at least) some of our "stuff" in this
life time by what we experience and learn. You can travel every time
you have a birthday and jump up and down with joy and shout about
how wonderful it was and all the unpleasant things that you skipped over.
But did you? No you did not...it's still in your "little red wagon", just
waiting to surface again.
Remember...you can change your Solar Return, but you cannot change your transits, progressions and solar arcs.
Quoting Mary Shea..."It does no good to travel a great distance when these methods continue to emphasize what you are seeking to change".
I am 74 years old...and have been an astrologer for almost 50 of those
years...I have tried it my friend...and in the long run...it don't work.
Face up to your return and you will find yourself next birthday a wiser and
more experienced soul.
Best regards,
Sternleser

erinj

thank you Kingsley and sternlesser for your advice. I will accept the fact that God is in control and I will be fine. My birthday this year was the worse ever in my life and I vowed to never go through that again. Thanks for your advice after practicing over 50 years it really helps to know that others have tried it and not to break the bank relocating across the world if it still won't make that much difference. Take care all!

Erinj:
I think that is an excellent choice.
Just remember....
'We are where we are because of the choices we have made.
This then becomes the chance to make adjustments".

I do wonder, Erinj...what method you use in reading an SR?
It is a "stand alone" chart and should be read as such.
Do the comparison between the Natal and the SR for only
the major points....but thats another conversation I won't
bore you with.
Just keep working with what the SR gives you...and make
the life adjustments as necessary.
I am a staunch follower (and teacher) of the K.I.S.S. principle
when working with any type of chart. Don't create a problem
when one is not beating you over the head with a big stick.
Have a great day,
Sternleser

erinj

Hi Sternlesser

Yes I do it as a stand alone chart. Placidus system although i have been hearing a lot of astrologers use Koch now. Only comparisons to natal I use are to angles only asc, mh,desc, nadir since they are the most sensitive in the chart.