Reconciling solar return chart with some very heavy transits to natal chart.

mpalardy

A few days ago, while checking astronomical data to confirm my suspicion that the beautiful conjunction in the night sky was actually Venus and Jupiter, I happened upon the fact that my natal Sun is currently conjoined to transiting Pluto, and will be simultaneously squared by Uranus later in the year.

The plot, however, becomes a little more complicated. Even before consulting the stars, I had a feeling that this was going to be a significant year. Upon looking at these transits, though, I cast a solar-return chart for 2011-2012 in order to give me a little more perspective, and found that it's a very active chart.

Let me start with the natal matter: transiting Pluto is conjoining my natal Sun at 8 Capricorn in the fifth house (moving into the sixth; the cusp is at 10 Capricorn). As Uranus moves along, it will later this year be squaring my natal Sun (while natal Sun and transiting Pluto are still conjunct) from Aries in the ninth house. Interestingly enough, I'm trying to get into grad school as we speak...

So, if that doesn't seem like enough to indicate that this will be a drastic year with shocking changes, here's what I noticed upon looking at my solar return:

1. While the conjunction takes place in my natal fifth house (where the Sun is most at home), in my solar return it's taking place in the eighth house (where Pluto is most at home). The position of Pluto on my birthday was 7 Capricorn.

2. Solar-return Uranus is at 0 Aries, perhaps the hottest degree of the Zodiac, in the eleventh house.

3. There is a Jupiter-Saturn opposition in my solar return, Jupiter being at 0 Taurus (another 0 degree planet!) in the twelfth house and Saturn being at 28 Libra in the sixth house. Both of these are aspected to Neptune at 28 Aquarius in the tenth house.

4. I have a mutable-sign T-square comprised of personal planets in my solar-return chart: the Moon at 22 Pisces in the eleventh house opposes Mars at 19 Virgo in the fifth house, both of which square Mercury at 18 Sagittarius in the seventh house.

So, considering the prominent natal transits that I'll be undergoing for the rest of the year, what additionally might the solar return indicate in this light? I'm having a little trouble seeing how the one might interact with the other.

I'll add one other thing: I know Mars will be making its way through Virgo for a while. That's in the second house, where I have natally conjunct Mars and Jupiter (13 Virgo and 10 Virgo, respectively) and also Saturn, at 26 Virgo. Now, Mars and Jupiter trine my natal Sun. Would Mars passing through these spots provide, in a sense, an outlet for the Sun in its afflictions this year?

Both the solar-return chart as well as natal chart with transits (as of a few days ago) are included.

Thanks to all who read and respond.

Attachments

• solar return.jpg
    solar return.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 21
  • transit chart.jpg
    transit chart.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 15