Am I about to lose my job?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks....This question was received by me in an email -the time that the chart is set for is the time that appeared on the email. As it relates to a question I asked last year on behalf of this person,I have included the link to that discussion-it makes good background for this question.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7092

*G* stayed with the partnership but now it seems a legal situation has arisen whereby the person to whom she is contracted was not legally entitled to do so *on behalf of the company*...Despite it being a very complicated matter, the question itself is straightforward.....Is *G* about to lose her job?
I take *G* as the ascendant, the partner to whom she is contracted as H7 cusp and the company by whom they are both paid I see as being represented by H10 cusp...I see the house relating to the actual work she does as being a house six matter-in terms of her being at the bottom of the hierarchy doing telephone sales from home- a lowly paid worker contracted by a big company.....
Here is the chart:
http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t214/lillyjgc/?action=view&current=AmIabouttolosemyjob.jpg

And my take on it:
G is represented by Venus -Libra being on the ascendant-this question very much relates to partnership matters -her failing partnership is partly the reason she is concerned about her job.
Venus sits in her fifth house, 9 degrees short of her h6cusp.She is in Saturn's sign, Aquarius working with computers (for modern astrologers using uranus this question very much involves Uranian technology-phones, computers and uranus is there too in the sixth in jupiters sign,with jupiter applying to a sextile to it from G's 4th house (her home)....
Venus is soon to conjunct neptune which may be describing the confusion she feels about the security of her tenure in this job-which has been tenuous for about six months now.
I see the ruler of her job, H6 cusp is Saturn. Saturn is in her twelfth-It applies to a sextile to mars-in her h9 but only six degrees from conjunction with the mc.The ruler of her job is retrograde in virgo-in the twelfth.Its applying trine to pluto is suggestive of a job change to me- or something coming to an end there.
The company is ruled by the moon-cancer being on the MC.The ruler of G's income, H2 cusp is mars and mars is on the top of the chart, in fall, but sextile to the ruler of her job, saturn...(Perhaps the company has to make a lot of changes, being ruled by the moon which is about to conjunct mercury, venus, G's ruler,, neptune, the node as it sweeps through her sixth house...mars on the mc suggests *job cuts* to me as a sextile to saturn in the twelfth can hardly be a *good thing*-due to mars in fall and saturn retro...If you turn the chart, the tenth cusp is the companys first which makes the moon in the companys eighth-which in horary is not a good place to be.
The ruler of the contracted partner is Aries thus mars.Mars is literally *joining the company* so the partner is no friend to G- funnily enough they come up as venus and mars...which fits their genders..His job, H4 cusp using derived houses is ruled by capricorn-so Saturn rules his job too- which fits.Its a pity Saturn isnt doing so well.
Mars,partners ruler is opposite pluto....no other aspects.
The moon is closely sesisquadrate mars so maybe the company doesnt like him much.
From this chart I am thinking there is indeed a chance that G might lose her job.
The Sabian symbol for the moon is:*Business manager at his desk studies a complex project*-How very apt!

The data for the chart is as follows: 5th march 2008
time: 20:28:41
Sydney Australia
lat 33.55s long 151.10e
Asc: 10.28 Lib.
GMT time:09:28:41
1 hour dst.
Hope someone else can take a look too- thanks, Lillyjgc

Last edited:

archergirl

Hi lillyjgc, thanks for the well-wishes! I'm feeling only marginally better, but I am truly grateful it's only a cold and not something worse.:)

I've had a think on the chart now; this is a tough one!

I am in agreement with most of what you have said: Mars as the partner, etc., although I chose to use the 10th ruler for her job. It's appropriate that Mars is there, since it was apparently his *****-up (Mars in fall) that got the querent into this situation, and since her job sort of 'rests on' him.

I don't think the prognosis is good, either. Mars moves to sextile Saturn, the End of the Matter (and also 'the Verdict'), in the house of the querent's self-undoing. I wonder if we could take this as the querent didn't 'dot her I's and cross her T's' when the job started and so finds herself in this situation... the Moon, Mercury (which rules 'legal matters': 9th) and Venus all behold Saturn.

The 'end' may not come immediately, but the way I see this Moon/Mercury/Venus thing is that first there will be the legal issues (Moon to Mercury), and after a period of time, Mercury eventually catches up to Venus. This happens, of course, after they change signs, so maybe holds no validity (and Venus will be much, much better placed then), but in this chart, Mercury is 'chasing' Venus. Mercury and Saturn behold one another, and The Law has more dignity than poor Venus, being ruler of the night triplicity.

Mars will square the Ascendant after its sextile to Saturn, so I don't see this 'partner' helping the querent at all; quite the opposite, actually.

All in all, it doesn't look too positive...:(

Wish I had some better input. Let us know how it goes, eh?

Best,
AG:)

lillyjgc

Archer, Thanks very much-the chart didnt seem straightforward to me, either...What you have said *confirms* my suspicions especially about the business partner.She is looking for a new job *as we speak* in order to avert the disaster of sudden unemployment.My feeling is that the company is deceiving her in some very important way. As natally G has Neptune on her 7th house cusp this often happens to her.The querents self undoing could come about in a number of mercurial ways....such as, trusting too much, being concerned about legal compliance issues in a business that seems to pay them no heed, etc etc....even failure to see *whats coming* is a self-undoing issue.
Thanks for looking into it and I most certainly will keep you updated.
Cheers Lillyjgc

starlink

Let me put this in my own programm, always nice to look back to lateron. Then I will comment as well. Bear with me, Star.

OK, lets hope I dont loose this post halfway as happens ALL the time!
I did not read AG's nor your interpretation in order not to be influenced by it.

She is Venus, chart seems radical (the hour is Venus) and the Moon is fast.
The job is the Moon so he falls away as her co-significator. Angles are cardinal which could show the acuteness of this situation.

From the old question last year I take it that she still works from home but in this chart that is not so clear. She is now in the 5th of creative selfexpression, but also of speculation and the Moon (job) is also there and both are disposed off by Saturn retrograde in the 12th.I think this also shows the "illegal" hidden side of the whole thing, everybody is in the 12th of the querent. So I guess she is speculating about what will happen to her job and querent as well as her partner possibly did know that this was a bit of a gambleHowever, Venus is in term of Jupiter, and he is in the 4th, so that could show she is working at home and also because Jupiter rules the intercepted sign Pisces in the 6th. This shows probably the partnership, included (intercepted) in her daily work. A bit of a hopeless situation really. (stuck).

Her partner is Mars and that one just entered a new sign and is either about to leave the partnership,has done so already or is seriously thinking about it. What is actually also possible is, that Mars will stay with this company, but in a different position.Mars is about to oppose Pluto, maybe showing he will go through a total re-organisation of things. He will have some serious talks with some authority within the company as Saturn is in the companies 3rd and Mars approaches the sextile with him. also Pluto is ruled by Saturn showing a connection with Saturn there.Mars is found in his own 3rd house. I have a feeling that he can talk himself out of the problem because Mercury, his 3rd house ruler and Saturn, dispositor of the job, ruler of the 5th and ruler of HIS 10th are in several Mutual Receptions. Mercury also rules the attorney and here we see the same mutual understanding. Partners 10th house is also ruled by Saturn and he is going to sextile him showing an opportunity for him to set things straight.

Saturn retro is found in the partners 6th house of work and could show a retreat, a pulling out or re-thinking about the work situation.

(By the way, if the querent is part of a partnership and this partnership breaks up, then where would that leave her?. Will the company keep her just by herself? Thing is, I dont really understand how a person can go into a partnership "on behalf of the company that pays them". What did they gain from being in a partnership in the first place? I am a bit unworldly about these things I'm afraid. Anyways, this is just aside.)

Sun is in the 6th house and shows the overall feeling of the chart, which is indeed about a worksituation.

I f I understand it well, when her partner wants to leave, she will also get stuck and has to abandon her work, so let me have a look at those two, Mars and Venus. Mars is in face of Venus, a weak connection between them and I think that Mars does not really like Venus that much . He is polite to her, because that is what is expected between partners but could also let her drop just like that without remorse. There is no real contact between them.

It is funny to see, that Mars is "ruled by the company", showing that he formed a partnership in name of the company. He will hit the cusp of the 10th house in 6 "somethings". No idea how to interprete this.

Last edited:

starlink

I posted the first part out of fear of loosing it, so here we go on.

Now to conclude, I have seen something nice there. The POFortune is in the 1st house of the Querent at 9°42' Scorpio. Now that is in the Via Combusta, but I dont know if this is really taking the strength of the part away (as the via Combusta is actually a bit outdated now). Mars will trine the Part in 9°, by then from the 10th house. So I have the feeling that he can safe the situation for himself as well as for the querent.

Mercury, the lawyer, will translate the light of the company to the querent (Venus) probably arranging things for her with the company (as he might feel obliged to). I dont think the querent will loose her job because Moon will conjunct her as last aspect before leaving the sign (and conjunct the North Node in her 6th if you want to include that as well).
Jupiter the great benific, even though he is in fall in Capricorn, he is in term of the lawyer (Merc.)
The Yes or No technique also does not show a YES (Moon ruler 10 and opposite house Saturn ruled, do not make any aspect. and Mutual receptions do not count in this system). But maybe the situation is such that Querent would not like to stay much longer in this company as she could feel desillusioned (conj. with Neptune) and as her Ascendant is going to make a trine with Mercury, she would want to widen her horizons (Merc. ruler of the 9th). Also Sun conjunct Uranus shows changes in the work situation, but a bit later as they are in a cadent house (3 month?).

I hope I am right and will now read AG's and your views on this.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Hi Starlink- thankyou so very much for your clear delineation....You are right on....Last Friday both G and the partner attended a meeting organised by the company...Apparently there is *restructuring* going on...G is concerned that due to certain regulations in the industry she is not legally authorised to *represent the company*-yet that is exactly what her job requires her to do.By forming a *partnership*-legal contract with her partner, who also works for the company,G was able to act on *his* behalf,using his authorization to represent the company...however she has just learned that he is not legally authorized to represent the company either, as they are both *contracted *by the company -not directly *employed *by them....a technical legal issue.Hence G is very concerned about the legal aspects of the situation.G felt something was definitely being concealed from her and her business partner avoided contact with her before the meeting so she had no idea what to expect...I have felt, and the charts bear this out, that the partbner is *in cahoots* with the company and if *anyone* was to be expended it would be G-although in her favour is the fact that she is very competent at her job and makes more sales than anyone else they have employed, thus generates a great deal of the company's income.Yet she is aware of *compliance* issues,legally, so perhaps they see G as a *threat* in some way.
Star, you said:
Mercury, the lawyer, will translate the light of the company to the querent (Venus) probably arranging things for her with the company (as he might feel obliged to). I dont think the querent will loose her job because Moon will conjunct her as last aspect before leaving the sign (and conjunct the North Node in her 6th if you want to include that as well).

Yes her lawyer is fully aware of the situation and should the company sack her he would be going straight to a higher authority to protect G's rights/...
Thankyou to all of you.....Will let you know what happens.....
Cheers, Lillyjgc