Saturn Neptune opposition - question!

pixie1982

Hello,

Tomorrow is the last 'hit' of the Saturn/Neptune opposition.
I have saturn in my eigth house and neptune in the second.

Throughtout this opposition I have discovered a lot about my own relationships and in general, mostly to do with deceit and unfaithfulness.

Now that this opposition is coming to an end would tomorrow be a good or a bad time to ask for what I want/some sort of commitment?

Thank you,

pixie xxxx

unukalhai

IMHO, I would wait a little bit.

a) Let the lessons of Saturn-Neptune sink in a bit. Give yourself a little time to hash over all of it as the influence wanes, using hindsight. When one wishes to do something important, they should do so with a cool head that has had a chance to reflect on lessons. The opposition has generally been difficult for us all, so I think it's best to let it wane into the background rather than jump at the last hit for something really important.

b) Mercury is retrograde; communications may be adversely affected and you may not have the best luck getting your message across. The period of Mercury RX post-SA/NE opposition is ideal for reflecting upon the 2nd/8th house lessons of SA/NE you've been through. I'd use that to your advantage. Mercury RX in Cancer tends to focus our minds on a need for emotional stability/security, but Mercury RX is a better time for inward reflection than outward action. The period of action upon the reflections is indicated by the time period of Mercury turning direct and retracing it's retrograde path before entering "new territory". This is July 10th-24th for this cycle, from 2Can to 11Can.

c) Venus is applying a conjunction to Saturn until July 1st 14:35 UT, showing a potential for restrictions in relations, and as the conjunction is in Leo, a restricted expression of relationship/love desires. Mercury is still RX at this point anyways.

Where does the next New Moon fall in your chart? (21Can41) - This New Moon occurs on the midheaven in London. Mercury is direct, Mars is on the 8th house cusp (actions taken towards intimacy) and rules the 7th. Venus is at the final degree of Leo, and rules the ascendant and 8th house. Consider where it's transits fit into your chart, but it seems that the next lunation has what you're looking for. It's also worth considering that it sounds like what you seek is security in a relationship, something we find through Cancer, ruling our need for emotional security and stability - certainly the Cancer lunation would seem appropriate for such a goal.

Just a few thoughts :D

Last edited:

pixie1982

Thank you so much for your advice.

I won't push for anything just yet and will just go with the flow for now.

The next new moon will fall in my 7th house (where I also have cancer venus placed) so I will wait for answers until then. Venus is transiting the eighth house in my chart where it will be for a long time - until it is in the final degrees of Virgo (I have a large 8th house!)

Thank you very much!

Lin

If you think of a difficult transit in a physical way.... let's say it's like carring 50 lbs around with you for a year.... and then suddenly the weight is lifted off..... your first thought isn't, "great! I'm going dancing!!" No, it's, " I need a rest, and I need to figure out what carrying that weight did to me". And maybe you need to get a massage or see a chiropractor, because the RESIDUAL effect of carrying that weight isn't over when the weight comes off..... it takes time.

And then later you realize that it changed you and you are a different person. So you can't pick up where you left off.

LIN