The difference between conjunctions, oppositions and square , in the natal chart?

Slytherin88

Hi guys, how are you doing?
What's the difference between hard aspects? I know that a conjunction in the natal chart means that may 'act as one'. For example, someone who has a Pluto conjunct Moon , may be somewhat alike with a Scorpio Moon, or may had had a Scorpio Mother or a possessive mother etc. Or, someone who has a Saturn conjunct Moon, may had had a difficult childhood. I also know that an opposition means that the native will have some conflicting parts of himself or his life.For example, a Sun opposite Moon means that his parts were fighting or didn't go well. But, I want to know what is the difference between conjunction, square and opposition? For example, what is the difference between a person who has a Moon conjunction Saturn and a person who has a Moon opposite Saturn and a person who has Moon square Saturn? Or let's take for example someone with a Pluto/Moon aspect? I know that a Pluto/moon conjunction person ,might have somewhat psychic nature ,but what about opposition or squares?

JUPITERASC

Hi guys, how are you doing?
What's the difference between hard aspects?
AN INTRODUCTION TO ASPECTS AND CHART SHAPING IN ASTROLOGY :smile:
by Nicholas Campion
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

I know that a conjunction in the natal chart means that may 'act as one'.

For example, someone who has a Pluto conjunct Moon , may be somewhat alike with a Scorpio Moon,
or may had had a Scorpio Mother or a possessive mother etc.
Or, someone who has a Saturn conjunct Moon, may had had a difficult childhood.
The "One-size-fits-all" Cookbook Recipe School of Unreliable astrology
leads many astray
because
although generalisation is fun
its murky astrology

focus on the sign rulers involved
i.e.

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and furthermore
the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

JUPITERASC

I also know that an opposition means
that the native will have some conflicting parts of himself or his life.
For example,
a Sun opposite Moon means that his parts were fighting or didn't go well.
A Sun opposite Moon means the person in question was born at a time of a Full Moon
keep a focus on the sign rulers
re the nature of the opposition :smile:

But, I want to know what is the difference between conjunction, square and opposition?

For example, what is the difference between a person who has a Moon conjunction Saturn
and a person who has a Moon opposite Saturn
and a person who has Moon square Saturn?

Or let's take for example someone with a Pluto/Moon aspect?
I know that a Pluto/moon conjunction person ,might have somewhat psychic nature ,
but what about opposition or squares?
study the location of the sign rulers of the conjunction, oppostion and square

Kitchy

Banned
I would start with a simple exercise of looking at the 4 angles with the traditional rulers of those angles Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn as examples.

Consider the energies of the 4 planets in square,conjunction,opposition to one another. Note the triplicity of cardinal energy - the commonality with how they actively problem solve to move forward.

Then team up the signs in all combos of aspects (Aries Cap, Aries Cancer, Aries Libra ) , and, one at a time, ruminate on how the squares, oppositions, conjunctions play out in each coupling's scenario.

It's an exercise that doesn't take that long and it's actually interesting to see how you better understand the squares, conjunctions and oppositions when you do it that way.

rahu

Banned
you have an understanding of conjunctions.
the opposition is a dialectic, that are there are two positions or ideas with opposing viewpoints. a dialectic can be resolved and the two positions can harmonize and act as a conjunction or remain at odds and act as a square .
but a square shows two positions that "confront" or cross each other. the differences are manifest, there is no arbitration as is possible in a opposition, as a consequence the square usually shows conflict of some type. the nature of the planets will influence the degree of the "conflict .

I believe that some of the only planets that a square does not bode tension is the square between venus and Jupiter. their natures are very similar and expansive and usually the only problem with this square is overindulgence.

I believe traditionalist view any square a malefic.

I believe that when using midpoints squares are not necessarily always malefic but can show an expression of great energy between the symbols.
rahu

Imperial1922

Hey guys interesting forum!

So I was curious, my girlfriend has a Moon conjunct pluto, and her family knows she is the jealous type. I on the other hand have a Mars square pluto, and she knows i am very tempermental and impulsive, she has called me controlling plenty of times. Does mars square pluto play out like mars in scorpio?