If you have Venus or Jupiter in the 8th house have you married someone wealthy?

The_Saturnian

Not necessarily. If either planet was squared by say Saturn there could be a restriction to this. Pluto may even cause transformation, marrying someone wealthy and then taking it away. Is there a particular chart you could post?

sibylline

We'll see. :happy:

You can't say Venus or Jupiter in the 8th = wealth from the spouse because there are other factors to take into consideration like sign, aspects, what the ruler of the house is doing, etc.

ChildOfVenus

Well I have Venus and Jupiter in my 8th house but also Venus square Saturn the orb is really wide though. I asked a Horary question about if I would get married. And from my knowledge I believe it's a no. Because there is no aspect between me (Sun) and the 7th house ruler Aquarius (Saturn). I've always said though if I were to ever get married it would be to someone who is wealthy.
Not necessarily. If either planet was squared by say Saturn there could be a restriction to this. Pluto may even cause transformation, marrying someone wealthy and then taking it away. Is there a particular chart you could post?

ChildOfVenus

2zr2939.png

magnolia8

I have Jupiter in the 8th house. I've attracted wealthy men, even more since my Saturn Return began in late '14. I was set to go on a date recently with an older gentleman who, while not wealthy, was definitely comfortable. Didn't happen and I'm not sure it will.

My Jupiter is part of a T-square. Squares Venus (11th) and opposes Pluto (2nd). It's in the 29th degree of Aries. In all, I think it would be considered weak/afflicted (?).

I'm not sure I'll even get married.

IleneK

Premium Member
Well I have Venus and Jupiter in my 8th house but also Venus square Saturn the orb is really wide though. I asked a Horary question about if I would get married. And from my knowledge I believe it's a no. Because there is no aspect between me (Sun) and the 7th house ruler Aquarius (Saturn). I've always said though if I were to ever get married it would be to someone who is wealthy.

At this point, do you really not know that your natal chart cannot be read as a horary to answer your question?
In case you do not know it, well, you can't.

ChildOfVenus

Yes I know i can't tell from reading my natal chart. I'm just saying what I've read online about having these placements in my natal chart.
At this point, do you really not know that your natal chart cannot be read as a horary to answer your question?

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

What happened that you weren't able to go on the date? I don't think a square from Jupiter to your Venus would make it afflicted. I'm saying this based on what I've read about Venus square Jupiter in a natal chart. I think having an afflicted Venus would be like having Venus square Saturn or Uranus. Maybe Venus being in a weak house but others will be able to tell you more about it.
I have Jupiter in the 8th house. I've attracted wealthy men, even more since my Saturn Return began in late '14. I was set to go on a date recently with an older gentleman who, while not wealthy, was definitely comfortable. Didn't happen and I'm not sure it will.

My Jupiter is part of a T-square. Squares Venus (11th) and opposes Pluto (2nd). It's in the 29th degree of Aries. In all, I think it would be considered weak/afflicted (?).

I'm not sure I'll even get married.

Abby83

Jupiter in 8th house means abundance as a result of other ppl's resources. My husband has it, and he get money from his parents whenever he needs and I know he will inherit a comfortable amount. You cant exactly say it's from the spouse, it just means other resources. So that could even mean the govt allowance. Me being his wife, I grew up poor. He gets nothing financial from me.

IleneK

Premium Member

Yes I know i can't tell from reading my natal chart. I'm just saying what I've read online about having these placements in my natal chart.

ChildOfVenus, I want to apologize of indulging my annoyance with you. It was unkind and I am sorry.
Wishing you the best,
Ilene

Imperial1922

I am a guy with Jupiter in Aries in the 8th house. Its squared to sun and mercury along with a trine to my venus...how does that work out for me? Honestly i am trying to go to the military as an officer.

Lin

OK....I have both Jupiter and Venus in Cancer in the 8th. Moon in Gemini on the 8th cusp. No squares to the Jupiter or Venus. No oppositions as all my planets fall within a trine. Literally.
My Mars is within a conj to my MC in Virgo in the 10th.
My Merc is within a conj to my MC in Leo in the 9th.

I worked my whole life...but never made more money than I needed to live.
I was a single mother for many years. I stopped working a few years ago....but I still give readings and lessons (I'm an astrologer).

I am married to a man who has a good job. He is not wealthy. We would be considered lower to mid middle class in the U.S. But if my financial life was compared to someone who lives someplace else, I might be considered wealthy.
But in my own sphere I am not. My car is 12 years old. My husband's is 4.

But we are not in any appreciable debt. So maybe that would be considered wealthy.

Wealth or not depends on much more than one house or positions or lack of negative aspects. Obviously. Or I would be wealthy.

Also, there is more than one type of wealth.
LIN