Pregnant and Anxious

normak

Help: Pregnant and Anxious

Hello everyone,

First off, I wasn't sure whether to post this in Natal Astrology or Medical Astrology, so hopefully this is the right place for this kind of thread.

I just discovered that I'm pregnant with my first child (about 8 weeks at this point), and find that I am consumed with fear over the health of the baby and myself, partially because of what I know about my natal chart and what it "says" about children, childbirth, etc. This does come as something of a surprise, since I'm 35 years old and only recently went off birth control and was going through a lot of stress (my father-in-law passed away prematurely in October and I just started a new job at the same time). I guess I didn't think it would happen so quickly! I've been concerned about the usual things such as: being able to afford a child and a new home, possibly losing my job and not being able to live on two incomes (most likely not a realistic fear), having to quit my job to take care of a sickly child, etc. (lost quite a bit of sleep over it as well). I worry about the effect a child could have on my relationship with my husband (which has been stable, healthy, and happy despite challenges). I've also been told things by astrologers in the past such as "my first child will be sickly" or may have a disability. Of course, statements like these have only helped to fuel my fears.

I can see why an astrologer may draw these conclusions, since in my natal chart, Mars is debilitated (in Libra) in my 5th house (Virgo), and the ruler of my 5th house (Mercury) is located in my 8th house (in Capricorn), square to Mars. I've heard / read all sorts of things about Mars in the 5th (when debilitated and in negative aspect to the 5th house ruler, especially when said ruler is placed in the 8th house), such as: difficult pregnancy / childbirth, forceps delivery, C-section, denial / death of children, children who are accident-prone or may die young, difficult relationship with children. All I seem to think about these days is doom and gloom. I also follow my upcoming transits and see that I'm going through transiting Saturn conjunct natal Neptune (not the best transit for positive thinking). After that, I can expect Saturn to conjunct my Sun (another awesome transit), then my Mercury (chart ruler, yay) and head on through my 8th house. Definitely feeling the fear.

All in all, I was just wondering if anyone can give me a better idea of what I can expect from this pregnancy and my experience as a mother based on my natal chart (posted here). I tend to avoid astrology if I'm feeling fearful because it tends to become more of a crutch for me, but maybe someone here can lend me their perspective and help me to "see" a little bit better(?).

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
EiEFYpw.gif

Last edited:

sibylline

Re: Help: Pregnant and Anxious

First, congratulations! :)

Second, don't let astrologers scare you with these sort of predictions. I've seen so many afflicted 5th houses with children who were just fine. There are so many ways your 5th house could play out. For example, like I mentioned in another thread, a close friend of mine has Saturn in 5th in an exact square to Sun in 8th. Saturn has no dignity in traditional terms. The ruler of her 5th is in detriment and retrograde, cadent, and opposite the Moon. How this worked out for her is that she had her children later than her peers did, the first labor was intensive, and both of her children are Saturnine, with one having his Sun conjunct Saturn in Capricorn. Nothing out of the ordinary as far as his abilities or health, nor his brother's.

So I can't tell you what to expect from this pregnancy and I don't know if anyone else can. I think that if it is only going to stress you out, you should ignore astrology at this time and just focus on your unborn child. I think you'll make a good, very protective mother.

Love2Know

Don't stress just enjoy. Thankfully, we have modern medicine and I assume you have an obgyn. It is best to leave the astrology for now and focus on your family. Stress is not good for the mom or baby. I have mars 5th and my delivery was fast. They (the drs) did do extra ultrasounds when I was pregnant and said he wouldn't be over 4 pounds at delivery... I had him at almost 8 pounds but it did stress me out my whole pregnancy and it was ridiculous. He is now a one of the tallest and most active in his class. It goes to show how careful they are now a days. I am convinced a lot of astrology was written by old bearded men with mom issues before antibiotics etc. Wishing you the best of luck and it is time to focus on this joyous occassian.
Ps I did read that mars 5th parents have to be careful not to be violent with their children and the only person ide want to be violent with is the person who wrote that lol! Disgusting things people write and put out there. It can be crazy making anyways congratulations!

Last edited: