Why am I the most happiest when it's dark outside?

Astrocurious

As soon as night time hits, I feel happier, more physical and mental vitality, mentally focused, energetic... always have. Is there an astrological explanation for this?:D Can anyone relate?

Jun

I'm like that also, but I couldn't tell you why, maybe we have similiar signs? I don't know all that much about astrology, but it would be fun to compare. What are your Sun, Moon and Ascendant?

Jun

well, I'm an Aries sun, Aries moon, and Cancer rising. So... not to much the same there :)
Hmmmmm
Nighttime is just... better. Quieter, easier, more relaxed.

Astrocurious

Jun said:
Nighttime is just... better. Quieter, easier, more relaxed.
I agree, I'm sure that has something to do with it.:) Something about the whole environment at night, I feel a different kind of energy throughout the air.

gaer

Astrocurious said:
As soon as night time hits, I feel happier, more physical and mental vitality, mentally focused, energetic... always have. Is there an astrological explanation for this?:D Can anyone relate?
I can TOTALLY relate, and I have absolutely no idea what in astrology points towards being a night owl.

The only time I've truly enjoyed the dawn has been when I was up all night! :)

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi,
I have read *somewhere* that planets in the twelfth might predispose one to being a night owl, but I too am a night owl and my H12 is empty...In terms of birthtimes (night or day) one might also expect some correlations, but again-none. I am born late morning-I notice you Gaer were born very early hours, so no apparent correlation there.
Another possibility could be luminaries *above or below the horizon*....again, My sun and moon both above horizon, and both yours are below, gaer.
Both my children are night owls too. If anyone has any comments about what aspects, placements etc may be involved, I'd be very interested.
Maybe *moon phase* at birth? probably would be more connected to the moon really.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

tsquare

I'm like that too, and I have always wondered why, because I wanted to feel like that all the time.
Right after the sun would go down...me and my brothers would be playing football, and the sun would drop...and it was instant energy....it wasn't that it was hot before either...it didn't have anything to do with body temp..although mabie slightly....liek the body would cool faster on the inside...but that may have little to do with heat...mabie.....sometimes it feels as if, in me, the sun is opressive, smothering, and as it lifts the grogginess goes with it, and one feels, renewed...

Things I have noticed.
Clear head,
energy of a calm crisp kind, feeling boyant,
lighter mood, lighter more grounded step,
"sparkaly" feeling, just...together energetically....

Something weird I read once in the Don Juan books covered a "ritual" where Carlos would sit in front of the sun as it was going down, and right as it was going down, Don Juan told him to jump up and run in place.....carlos said the sun tasted like copper...gave him energy.....revitalized him, like it filled inside of him warm and coppery, honey like.....
Don Juan called him weird being a creature of the night and said that the only time it worked for him was when the sun rose...but for carlos the only time it worked was as the sun set.
I have wondered if astrological influences would play in this....
I have heard of "star breathing" but this has always caught my eye and made me wonder..........................

Light does funny things to us......It enters our eye...effecting us inside and in many numerous ways........astrologically it would be interesting to see.
I do well with visualizations and created energy forms in charging or uncharging the body....but have stayed away lately from the use of planets, stars, etc. some of it looks dangerous if done improperly...even visualizations are powerfull if people don't fully know what they are doing...they can be pushed very far if the body is somewhat ready, and one has half of the idea of what to do instead of the whole idea of what to do, it can be dangerous. Half truths are sometimes worse then not having any at all because of what effects they can cause.
I don't see how the sun could hurt one..(other then give one skin cancer):p
But even after carlos did this he had to breath it out and get it out of his system in a way or it would stay for too long, and make him unwell...which was interesting.
Too much of anything I suppose is not a good thing....
makes me wonder more about ballancing energies....

It is the mentally focused thing that catches my attention...I wonder if the sun can ever have the effect of wearing us out constantly as it is overhead...not so much as will heat, but with it's energies.....
Then again as the sun goes down the air changes as well....if it is slightly humid that seems to disapear somewhat..and the air get's crisp, even damp and the grass begins to sparkle...could have something to do with oxygen content as well.....it deffinatly has something to do with the general atmousphere...and i don't think it's just the nightlife, and going out, being off of work or whatever.....

I have sun in 12H so above the Horizon....oddly I like watching the sun go down then it coming up.....the last few hours of a day are my favorite....calm and cool......

aquarius7000

Astrocurious said:
Well Astrocurious, with regard to your Capri Sun & Scorpio Moon, I know that Scorpio & Capricorn, both these signs are said to be fond of dark colours (like they will choose dark colours with clothes, women choose dark eye- shadows...;) ). And this is true in my case, too with a Capri Moon. Furthermore, Capri humour is known to be dark, dry & ironical (and not simply light-hearted and witty as that of Gemini, or braggy & jovial as that of Leo)

I have, for myself, two rather contradicting theories to help explain this
Theory a)
If in a chart the below-mentioned signs are accenutuated through planets in their signs/houses, then perhaps the following qualities of these signs would help explain the native's 'supposed' pre-disposition to 'dark'

Capricorn's are very focused and concentrated; Black Onyx is the stone of Capri's; brown & conservative colours are of preference; and Capricorn is the sign of winter
Scorpio's are said to be penetrant and seek for depth in everything; obsession, mystery & usually on the negative side revenge & destruction are associated with Pluto. Scorpios are also said to prefer dark colours
Pisces's are meditative and elusive (12th house is one of secrets, introspection and soul-serarching, & all that's hidden, even the netherworld).
Cancer's like to retreat in their shell, prefer quiet, and are also said to be somewhat timid (my brother has a Cancer Asc & quite a bit of water in his chart and he prefers cloudy skies to bright, sunny ones; he is in his element-truly- in the evenings. All that water seems to outshine his Gemini Sun!!)
I think, Water sign natives in general could be more pre-disposed to the dark (or night), it would just suit the depth & solitude of their element (water).
Jun said:
well, I'm an Aries sun, Aries moon, and Cancer rising. So... not to much the same there :)
Hmmmmm Nighttime is just... better. Quieter, easier, more relaxed.
Jun, just going from your Aries Sun & Moon (fire sign, out-going, Mars is energy) it seems a bit hard to understand your preference of the night. Do you have a lot of water in your chart through houses or other planets in water signs? Or in Capricorn/ 10th house? If so, then Theory a) would fit.
Theory b)
If your answer to the above is in the negative, then you could perhaps say that, if there's much fire (thus light & energy) in the chart, so inside the individual, then he might yearn for cool, stability and quiet from his surroundings, in order to balance it out. This is certainly one of the theories that was attached to explain Elvis' chart (his was the opposite case, though) Elvis had only 16% fire, 13% air, 42% earth and 29% water in his chart, and was said to come across as highly active (was a great rocker), attention seeking and restless.

Food for thought!
:) aquarius7000

Last edited:

Jun

I have 4 fire, 4 water, 3 earth. Its not that I don't like sunshine and busy-ness, I just really feel wonderful walking outside on a dark, quiet night. It makes me feel safer, more secure. I also have always preferred sleeping during the day.

gaer

lillyjgc said:
Hi,
I have read *somewhere* that planets in the twelfth might predispose one to being a night owl, but I too am a night owl and my H12 is empty...In terms of birthtimes (night or day) one might also expect some correlations, but again-none. I am born late morning-I notice you Gaer were born very early hours, so no apparent correlation there.
Another possibility could be luminaries *above or below the horizon*....again, My sun and moon both above horizon, and both yours are below, gaer.
Both my children are night owls too. If anyone has any comments about what aspects, placements etc may be involved, I'd be very interested.
Maybe *moon phase* at birth? probably would be more connected to the moon really.
Cheers, Lillyjgc
I'm stumped. My whole body seems to be wired backwards. I actually sleep better when it is light outside. No matter what time I'm supposed to be up, I want to stay in bed longer, and if there is anything going on at all, late at night, I am tempted to delay going to bed.

I wonder if it might also have to do with having an extremely active mind. I can easily be awake for an extra hour or more while trying NOT to think about some kind of puzzle I discovered just before lying down. :)

Neptune Rising

I'm the same, always have been. I get going around 8pm and don't really sleep until 2am, sometimes later. No good in the UK though, everything shuts early. All the more reason to emigrate somewhere hot!

I wonder what it could be. I was born in the early morning, Sag/Neptune ascendant. Cappy Sun, oh dear but yes dark, dry, ironic but working on creating some warmth :p . Pisces Moon helps with a bit of Sag ascendant.

I have Sun and Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Chiron below the horizon. Maybe thats it...

NR

aquarius7000

gaer said:
..if there is anything going on at all, late at night, I am tempted to delay going to bed.:)
Well, going from what lillyjgc says in his post on day/night birth time effecting our being diurnal or nocturnal creatures and applying that to your birth time (if I recall it correctly from your post), which was in the-still-dusk-hours, it's understandable that you like go to bed only around your birthtime and then sleep yourself through light ;)

Jun

well, most of you seem to have capricorn in there somewhere. I have a capricorn mars.. but that seems a bit far off for it to matter.
Its probably just a personal thing...

aquarius7000

Well, I 'ave an Aquarian Sun & Leo Rising, and here it comes
Moon & Mars in Capricorn; watery Venus, Jupiter and Uranus; the rest is fiery or airy.
I like evenings, and prefer a starry sky to a bright sky. Though I like some sun shine in my life too, guess its a 60:40 thing with me :) But I am more active during the day. Oh well..

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
Well, going from what lillyjgc says in his post on day/night birth time effecting our being diurnal or nocturnal creatures and applying that to your birth time (if I recall it correctly from your post), which was in the-still-dusk-hours, it's understandable that you like go to bed only around your birthtime and then sleep yourself through light ;)
Lilly is a woman, but I know you can't tell that from a name. That's why I finally put "male" in my signature file. :)

I'd love to think it's something as obvious as being born during the night or day, or having more planets below the horizon. Or anything like that.

But so far I haven't found any significant factor linking to being a lark or an owl!

aquarius7000

gaer said:
Lilly is a woman, but I know you can't tell that from a name.
Oh dear, sorry Lilly. Thanks Gaer. Oh well, actually you can tell from that name pretty simply, but I just wasn't thinking. It's past the devil's hour and I'm seeing doubles, so I guess...it's time to... - yawn O)
gaer said:
I'd love to think it's something as obvious as being born during the night or day, or having more planets below the horizon. Or anything like that.But so far I haven't found any significant factor linking to being a lark or an owl!
Youre right, this way, there's even no astrology reqd to answer that question. Cheers