Rising Signs and Physical Characteristics

You should appreciate them! :mrgreen: See? Now they're getting all the compliments they deserve.

I know Pisces Rising is associated with artistic hands. . .and I read somewhere once that the element of water is usually connected with long hands and fingers, so being that Pisces is a water sign, I would think that might have been the case. Your eyes definitely seem more Pisces than Aries to me, and the hair. . .I'm not really sure, but Aries would probably be more of a reddish color, right?

Also, people with Pisces Rising are generally less than average in height--I saw earlier that you mentioned you were only 5'2 (I'm in the same boat as you are, lol :lol: ).

I found this article if you're interested. . .it has something about Decans in there--which I have no idea what they are, but it's worth a read. :wink:

Anyway, I hope I helped (a little bit, at least). I'm way new to this whole astrology thing compared to most of you guys, but hey--we've all got to start somewhere. :wink:

EDIT:

I'm an idiot. I forgot to type the link. lmao, here it is:

http://www.elbertwade.com/page109.html

I also know someone with deep sea eyes and they have scorp rising too.

Here's mine if anyone is interested. Tell me what you think, I am very interested in what you think:

I have Jupiter in 1st house which is conj asc, which will probably lead to a plumpish appearance with a bit of joviality and approachablility.

But what about Chiron. I have that in the first house too. How does chiron influence a person's appearance?

Also does aspects to the ascendant and planets in the first house have an effect on appearance too?

Missa

Radu said:
Hey, how about setting up a page which will gather info on the rising sign and 1st house planets together with pictures, rather then the Sun-Moon-Asc combination...? I love this kind of research and maybe we could come up with some interesting results.

I'd like to see a page like that. Though in my case it doesn't matter as I have the rulers of my sun and moon sign in my first house. You could use the pics of celebs who have given their birth time (in case people don't want to send their own pictures). Besides first house planets I'd also pay attention to aspects if the orb is not too big.

pwadm

Staff member
Missa said:
Radu said:
Hey, how about setting up a page which will gather info on the rising sign and 1st house planets together with pictures, rather then the Sun-Moon-Asc combination...? I love this kind of research and maybe we could come up with some interesting results.

I'd like to see a page like that. Though in my case it doesn't matter as I have the rulers of my sun and moon sign in my first house. You could use the pics of celebs who have given their birth time (in case people don't want to send their own pictures). Besides first house planets I'd also pay attention to aspects if the orb is not too big.
I thought at celebrities too. But I think that regular people would contribute too.
When you say aspects, do you mean aspects from planets to the Ascendant? Did you noticed that it works? I never thought of that. Thanks!

Arian Maverick

It looks like I started a trend here...how about if I create another board where we can all post pictures of our eyes, nose, mouth, etc. and see how these traits may be described by our natal chart?

removed on the request of copyright owner
Wow! All of the physical characteristics described here fit me to a T--dark eyes, wavy (sometimes curly) hair, soft features, petiteness...

It seems like we've found a winner! :mrgreen:

Arian Maverick

P.S. Are you an Aquarian or have Aquarius Rising by any chance, 23? I think I remember a description about heavily-lidded eyes, which you seem to possess. I love the warm color, by the way :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Empath

The Ascendent/physical appearance question brings me right to my first real experience with astrology in action.

It was 1973. I had just discovered astrology and found out that, in addition to my Scorpio sun, that my rising was Aquarius and my moon was in Taurus.

I had a job working in a semi-fast food restaurant. One night, an elegantly dressed couple motioned me over to their table.
"My wife wants to talk to you," the man said "You're confusing her."

The woman spoke "You look like a Taurus. Your oval face, short nose, dark thick hair, strong eyebrows, short neck and compact body all say Taurus. But I see you running around here -- you seem to know everyone and everything, you treat everyone equally, you talk with your hands, you have the energy and actions of an Aquarian. But when I look at your eyes, they are deep, intelligent, and penetrating, and all I hear in my head is 'Scorpio"!"

Talk about validation!! I think I nearly dropped my tray. I never forgot her words, or her face.
Thus a fascination with a study that enabled a total stranger to read me from across a restaurant dining room began....

and from that point, I've viewed the ascendent as how you're perceived by others -- through actions as well as physical appearance, for it's not only what your body looks like , it's also what you do with your body that comprises appearance.

Missa

Radu said:
I thought at celebrities too. But I think that regular people would contribute too.
When you say aspects, do you mean aspects from planets to the Ascendant? Did you noticed that it works? I never thought of that. Thanks!

Yes, I meant aspects from planets to the Ascendant. I don't know about other people, but I tend to have a somewhat intensive stare sometimes, and I noticed some time ago that I have Pluto sextile Ascendant - orb 0:54'. Though of course it might be the combination of my Virgo-ascendant and Mars in 1st house. Aspects might affect, but I need more proof about this. Has anyone else noticed that the aspects (if the orb is small) affects the way you look? :)

Arian Maverick

Aspects might affect, but I need more proof about this. Has anyone else noticed that the aspects (if the orb is small) affects the way you look?

I just checked this out in my own natal chart and discovered that the only aspects I have with my Ascendant are: a conjunction to the moon (4 degree orb), a sextile to Jupiter (3 degree orb), a square to Uranus (4 degree orb), a minor aspect to Pluto (2 degree orb), and a square to Chiron (1 degree orb).

Although it has a loose orb, I believe the moon's conjunction with my Ascendant explains my womanly curves...but how may Chiron and the others affect one's appearance?

Arian Maverick

blumen

Cool idea! Here is a picture of my eyes. It is not a good one though

I'll be back after dinner to comment upon the picture and other things I've read in the thread

Missa

I hope you don't mind that I bring back the old topic. I was just browsing the MoonCat's Astrology website and read about virgo rising; "She may appear to be sensitive - even a bit sad, because the world does not live up to her pristine vision." I've read that before (one of my fave sites) but now that I started to think about it more it seems to fit. I'm virgo rising and I've always had kind of sad look in my eyes, somehow sensitive and "miserable" appearance. I was wondering if it is just me and started to think about virgo rising celebs, and the first person who came to my mind was Kurt Cobain. Could be just a coincidence though, so I'd appreciate your opinion. Am I just imagining this or have others noticed the same thing? Do other virgo rising people on this forum agree with this?

Summery Joy

Well, I don't have Virgo rising but some of my friends do. They seem to fit that description keeping in mind the effect of the rest of the placements in their natal chart.

Draco

I think that when it comes to the Ascendant and what it might contribute to the appearance, then all factors in the chart in relation to the Ascendant need to be taken into account and weighed up. Otherwise it is like trying to determine somebody's destiny based only on Sun sign.

Perhaps also, there is more than the Ascendant that would determine what a person looks like.

Another thing to consider, is that our physical characteristics will be largely determined by our genetic make-up as the foetus gestates in the womb, which is why I think that a chart for the date and time at which a child is concieved would give a lot more information as to appearance. This would tell us something about how the foetus will develop and how those genes are going to blend in that particular case of pregnancy at that particular time.

Unfortunately, we live in an age when birth time is on many occasions either sloppily recorded or not recorded at all, so a study of conception charts in relation to people's lives is hoping for rather too much. :(

From the natal chart, I think that any indications which might determine appearance only applies to how the apparance will come to develop after birth. Our major, life long physical characteristics are determined in the womb, which is why an exploration of the conception chart would be necessary.

As for my Pisces Ascendant, all I can say is that the feature that people most consistently remark upon about me is my eyes, which are a distinct blue. I have a water trine from Scorpio to the Ascendant, and both Water and Jupiter are associated with the colour blue. Having said that, what my eyes would look like was already determined as soon as the sperm met the ovum and the genes blended in the way in which they did. This is why I think that to look at gestation charts would reveal so much more.

Is there anybody here at all that has the data for the moment of climax in the act from which their child was conceived? The configurations between the Sun and the Moon, representing the interaction of equal opposites would probably give some scope as to how the genes will blend, as well as considering of course Mercury, who blends opposites.

Lapis, I can assure you that I do not look at all like a puffer fish! lol. Even on bad days. Nor am I puffy or rounded, even with Jupiter trine the Ascendant. :lol:

Draco :wink:

Arian Maverick

This is a very interesting idea, Draco. I know I was born on my due date, but that is not necessarily an indication of an accurate conception date...

Perhaps my mom may remember :p

EDIT: Although I have no means of ascertaining this time and date to be the exact moment of my conception, I thought it might be interesting to post it here. See the thread BIRTH AND TIME OF BIRTH to learn how I arrived at this chart:

Arian Maverick

dna

I read through the article am provided .....- I dont think i look like a libra rising- there are a few things that -yes- is right...... but for the most part it doesnt fit :( (i want to be elegant and gracefuland have nice hands and feet!)haha- i thought maybe i'd read scorpio since i have pluto in the first house conjunct my asc. but i am tall and pale and dont really fit that either!! haha i do have juno and lilith in scorpio in my first.....maybe that changes me some?? does anyone know what that would mean?

Claire19

First of all Aquarius is not ruled by Saturn, only co ruled perhaps...???. The decan your rising sign falls in must be taken into consideration. The chart ruler and its aspects also. Aquarian influenced people are taller than average, rather androgynous if anything, men beautiful and women handsome sort of thing. They do have a rather larger head and are angular rather than rounded. This is the strict archetype without any other influence which is rare. Must look at Uranus and what it is doing for a fuller picture. Rules ankles and calves. THey can be rather strange or distinctive in some way.

Planets in the first house hold a greater influence and if more than one is posited there it complicates the picture even further.

The first house can denote health issues as well as the 6th .

Claire

Claire19

In my experience Virgo rising has a rather worried look about them. Depending on the situation with Mercury of course. They can be finicky about cleanliness and the order of things and hate chaos. They are seen as reliable, practical and health conscious in the archetypal form. They can favour the military colours of navy, white, khaki and even to the epaulets worn on the shoulder. They can have a lovely smile and an attractive tone to the voice.

Claire