Why have so many people had such a bad year in 2012?

JUPITERASC

'Good' and 'bad' are relative terms and there is no evidence that any more people had 'a bad year' in any one particular year than in any other year :smile:

M

may28gemini

I think it's necessary to keep a reasonable perspective on ups and downs. Even in years that were mostly difficult, there were some beneficial things that happened in-between. I don't think anything can be completely one sided (all good, all bad). If we focus on only the difficulties and allow that to bog us down, then we have allowed the difficulties to have more power to influence our lives and in danger of overlooking what opportunities can came from it.

A shift in mentality really does a world of difference.

fifteen

This is my personal opinion, so please don't hold it as truth.

I think there is a cleansing going on, a purging. 2013 will be no different in the amount of pounding on a collective and personal level. Pluto in Capricorn is what worries me most. This laserbeam of Pluto will surgically remove the old establishment and bring in the new in concert with Neptune. The last 3 eclipses in April and May are proof of this, and it will continue to at least 2015-2016. This cleaning phase is needed, and it hurts. But all births hurt. First the old must be removed for the new to take it's place. Scorpio and the year of the snake has an immense influence of secrets coming out. All hidden things are brought before the light: financial scandals, food scandals, sex scandals, gender inequality and all other forms of wounds tat were festering are being pulled open and cleansed.

I think our duty now is to take more responsibility for our actions and how they affects the other. Question relationships, question government and power, question whether what is fair and what is not fair and discuss it with others. No-one will escape this relentless pounding, its collective and individual. I'm a Scorpio and I think it's a great time, despite my own hardship I realize that it all these issues are a necessary evil. Everyone's feathers are ruffled and it makes us clear that we must look at ourselves more, to see our flaws and shortcomings, sins, and weaknesses in order to accept that there isn't anyone to blame but ourselves in most case. It's the destruction of the old and settled, the fertilizer of the new age that is brought in.

princess valhalla

Re: People have a bad year because they are not using astrology!

Astrologers or those who are using astrology have absolutely no reason to have a bad year.

Having a bad year only means that:

a) you are not viewing the difficult events as teachings for you and then learning from them

and

b) you are not using astrology to show where the directed effort should be placed for your year. By use of the 2ndary progressed chart, you can easily see the areas which are going to be most challenging during the 3-5 year period that the chart represents. And then you can use the Tertiary Progressed charts, the Venus Return, the Mercury Return, and Mars Returns to see how things can shape up for you over the 1-2 two year period confronting you

Anyone who is complaining that the last year was a bad year for them, clearly isn't using what God provided them to solve their life's problems.

Simple as that!

I think the important thing to remember is that not everyone on AW is as seasoned astrologers as others. Some are just beginning and others are still in the process of learning. Also, many haven't been formally trained and are learning on their own. This is a place for people to learn and I don't think people should be judged because they are not as far along as yourself. People post to get a better understanding and further their skills so that they can understand how to use astrology for their personal development.

serafin5

Last year was one of the worst years for me and I wasn't influenced by astrologers or astrology since I had been literally homeless for several months then! The only way I could check in with everybody here at AW was periodically I would go to the library and log-on there. It was painful in how I found out who my real friends were not to mention deceiving family members! (Not to mention the loss of certain irreplaceable items of mine! I'm so sad!) Even though all of that is past and I am ok it is still painful to remember. My only explanation for that is Saturn trans my 12th house among other things but that is what stands out the most.

I keep thinking of the "Serenity Prayer" when I think back on all of that and hope another year like that doesn't happen again.:crying:

Serafin5

M

may28gemini

I tend to have a reasonably optimistic outlook on most things and although I can say with confidence that given any and all situations, there's bound to be a silver lining somewhere, I can't deny that we're living in a very dire time. Morale is very low across the board on nearly everything.

I agree that something about Aries Uranus really set everything off kilter. There's a lot of upheavals and it seems like it's harder and harder to set any sort of structure or boundaries (more of a Libra thing) in place to get anything settled. For a few years now, the general vibe has been to just survive being uprooted and keep hoping and for some, praying, that things will all be ok.

It's been 4 years since Uranus moved into Aries, and we have about another 4 years for it to move onto Taurus. Although, scary enough, I don't know if it'll get any better in Taurus, as Uranus will create an overall "movement" to detach us from material comforts. I don't think there will be much relief until Uranus enters Gemini... which won't be for another 12 years or so. Uranus is psychotic and uncontrollable energy and Gemini operates to its own melody which would be a good match. Probably would be pretty fun. But before fun happens, we have to get over some pretty gristly times...

fifteen

It's been 4 years since Uranus moved into Aries, and we have about another 4 years for it to move onto Taurus. Although, scary enough, I don't know if it'll get any better in Taurus, as Uranus will create an overall "movement" to detach us from material comforts.

Wouldn't that be a good thing? I love Taurus, or anything that relates to Earth. I think that Taurus also represents detachment from wealth through grounding, and choose safety and a comfy home atmosphere over relentless greed and wealth. Since my north node is in my Scorpio sign right now, I learned more about the south node in Taurus, which made me realize that money is okay, but having a comfortable living environment and enjoying the little things is far more important than doing some pointless job in search of more money. Taurus seem to taught me to enjoy my home, to be grounded and search for quality instead of quantity. So far, I enjoy it's influence. :joyful:

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I also had a really bad year in 2012. At the beginning of the year, I was just generally depressed and have past trauma that I had to deal with. Most likely due to the approaching Saturn return first reached my natal 2nd house and square my natal moon in 5th for quite a while, natal moon in Capricorn so the Saturn as the ruler. That was a period of low self esteem and challenging of my new relationship (Saturn activated a new romantic affair but it was painful for a long time).

Later on the year, I was hit by careless scooter driver when I was crossing pedestrian green light. It was 11 days after my 2012 November solar return. As a result, I had surgery on my right fracture ulna bone, plate and screws were used for the internal fixation. Cuts on my right ear, massive bruises on right arm, right hip and the whole right leg with quite a lot of scars. It showed in the Solar return, Lunar return even the surgery time was showed. It was rather interesting in term of learning astrology and for future predictions.

I had 6 weeks off work but had to force myself to go back to work before I finishing off all my sick leave and the fear of losing my apartment and fear of unable to pay mortgage that was related to the Saturn transiting 2nd house so I had to take action to prevent it got worse. So with logical strategies I saved my annual leave in case if I don't cope well.

I was right and I even afford to save good sum and went to UK for 5 weeks holiday to visit my boyfriend this year during late May till early July.

The outer transit Uranus Square Pluto from mid June would be the possible major transit that might had activated some unpleasant events for many people in this thread.

My own accident occurred on 21st November 2012 at 1900-1910pm, when Uranus square Pluto was in 3 square orbs, and transit Mars in Capricorn was approaching Pluto as conjunction in 5 orbs then 4 orbs when the surgery occurred and square transit Uranus in the 7th cusp. Uranus was also in inconjunct with transiting Saturn. Transit Venus was squaring my natal moon, conjunct my natal Pluto (ruler of the Sun, Mercury, Saturn and 3rd house), in natal Pluto Square Moon, so also square my lunar return moon, the driver was a young female.

Since it was so soon after my solar return, in solar return, Scorpio ascendant, Saturn on ascendant inconjunct Uranus in 6th, Venus Uranus and Pluto was the T-square in the solar return, with Pluto (ruler of the Sun , solar return ascendant and lunar return descendant) as the leg of the square in the 3rd house. Jupiter in Gemini Rx was in the solar 8th house while Mercury in Pisces Rx in the solar 1st so ill mutual reception for Jupiter and Mercury. Sun was in the solar 1st house, so health and physical matter was the focus of the Solar Sun.

In Lunar return 18th November chart, Mars in Capricorn was in 8th house, ruler Saturn in Scorpio on DC, Lunar Sun at exact conjunction of the ecliptic point on 13th November, Mercury Rx also conjunct both NN and Sun in the lunar by 1 orb so clearly Combusted. So both Sun and Mercury were clearly eaten by the Eclipse. Sun, Mercury Rx, Ecliptic point, Saturn were all inside the 7th cusp it was saying "The Other Person", my vitality, my Mercury ruler of my natal chart were harmed due to the 7th house person of the month. Transiting Neptune also square the Lunar Sun from 10th house, Neptune conjunct Chiron of the lunar, weakening of the Vitality. There are many midpoints also, won't mention here.

In natal, Mars in Virgo is in mutual reception with Mercury in Scorpio in 3rd house. Mars also in mutual reception with Moon in Capricorn in 5th by trine, Moon in Capricorn sextile her fall Mercury in Scorpio. Ascendant is Virgo and MC is Gemini. At the time of accident, it was Mercury retrograde which was in conjunction with my natal Sun.

Mars is the natal 8th house ruler for Aries cusp. I had 2 more minor car accidents within the last 10 years period before the little more serious one last year. Thank God the solar return Pluto in the 3rd house leg of T-square was conjunction with Part of Fortune.

Last edited:

serafin5

I had 3 deaths in my family this year my cousin, my dad and my sister two were suicides. It's been rough !

I can't even begin to express to you my condolences in regards to your losses Utahn! Please know that I have experienced similar losses; 1989 **** near killed me (I mean that literally)! I also know all too well the pain of losing a loved one by suicide.

God bless you always!
Serafin5

Andrea_

man... i kind of subscribe to that, although i was the one who did the mistakes, they didn't really come from outside uncontrollable forces or anything.. i just kept wandering in circles and repeating mistakes and trying to find new ways of understanding the stuff that kept happening around.
For me in 2012 i realised that world is a much sadder place than i thought, and i kept trying to find reasons and explanations and freaking out that i was the one who was becoming worse.

I don't even know how to describe it, but i've become, like, constantly fighting off the depression that i feel and concentrate on what i ahve to do, on what fulfills me and makes me happy from deep inside, such as practicing certain hobbies and etc.. it works but it's like something "ungrounds" me again and i have to concentrate again on myself and not just live in my head... ****!

So basically, starting with 2012, there has been a lot of stuff i had to deal with, mentally/psychically and real appointments/solve problems with others/do stuff for my future...
I also went through some extremely interesting and uplifting experiences this is true, but on the whole, i haven't felt like allright with my surroundings or myself. Trying to blend but keeping my own personality full and alive and a positive frame of mind... 'impossibru'!

So yeah, i kind of waas my own worst enemy, due to my confusion in 2012...
edit: man, this so resembles the 12th House Sun principle (which i freakin' have). That's the ground i'm fighting on i guess :)))

Last edited: