Aspects to Midheaven

samzidan

Hey everyone,

so lately I've been focusing a lot on what career I want to pursue. I was originally planning on working in the health field (working in public health), although lately I've been interested in career that would allow me a lot more creativity (writing, acting, etc.) I started looking at aspects to my mid heaven, especially Saturn Square midheaven. Everything I read about it said it was a very negative aspect that will bring tons of blocks in whatever career I choose. I also have Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th house conjunct my Midheaven, which apparently is supposed to be a positive aspect. Anyways, I was wondering whether the Saturn aspect is really that bad, whether it can be overcome by other planets/aspects, and whether any of these or other chart aspects indicate a certain direction I should be headed in? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Claire19

Hey everyone,

so lately I've been focusing a lot on what career I want to pursue. I was originally planning on working in the health field (medicine or working in public health), although lately I've been interested in career that would allow me a lot more creativity (writing, acting, etc.) I started looking at aspects to my mid heaven, especially Saturn Square midheaven. Everything I read about it said it was a very negative aspect that will bring tons of blocks in whatever career I choose. I also have Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th house conjunct my Midheaven, which apparently is supposed to be a positive aspect. Anyways, I was wondering whether the Saturn aspect is really that bad, whether it can be overcome by other planets/aspects, and whether any of these or other chart aspects indicate a certain direction I should be headed in? Thanks a lot!
Can you load a chart from Astrodienst with the aspect grid on it, much easier to read.

Krewster

Sounds like you're not sure whether planet-to-angle aspects are strong/weaker than inter-planetary ones. Maybe it depends on the orbs....or not.

But just focusing on the latter type aspects, you have some interesting triangles:

-Sun-Sat-Pluto (in an undecile triangle) may suggest some sort of limiting/over-intense influence to your Sun (care to elaborate...?);

-Sun-Mars-Nept (20-120-100) novile and trine-based triangle (with average orb 7 min tight...wow...); probably indicating a fundamental spiritual-orientation or just plain smoothness-in-motion and suaveness;

-Merc-Mars-Uran (except the Merc-to-Uran is out of orb) bi-quintile and semi-decile aspects, indicating superior hand/eye coordination, etc.

Marinka

I took a quick glance at the chart and rather than blocking success - I might categorize it as when one wins, one loses.

For example, if you go into a healthcare field, every successful move in your position (transiting planets conjuncting Jupiter and the Mid) will be offset by the square to Saturn in the 1st. For example, if you move to social services, every child you save will cause reflection on the ones you didn't. Same thing if you become a doctor/nurse, every patient that you make a difference in - there will be the ones that you couldn't.

This can make for a strong person once the dynamics are understood. With an Aquarius ascendant there can be some detachment from the overwhelming emotional waves and the Saturn in Pisces can add some backbone to handle situations while still being caring.

Also wanted to mention that Jupiter is in the 9th as well as other planets and could indicate a profession in publishing, journalism and the like.

samzidan

Thanks a lot for you reply! For the Sun-Saturn-Pluto triangle, I think the over intensive influence could be hinting at is me placing too much worth on career goals and successes as if my self-worth depended on it. I guess the square with Saturn to my Midheaven is telling me not to do that...

Could you elaborate a bit more on the Sun-Mars-Neptune triangle? I am not particularly spiritual nor am I suave haha

samzidan

Thanks for your reply Marinka! It's interesting that you point towards a career in journalism and the likes. Other people have noticed how prominent Jupiter is in my chart, especially since its in Sagittarius and in the 9th House conjunct my Sagittarius mid heaven. However, I've never really felt a prominent Jupiter or Sagittarius influence if I'm being honest.

If anyone has anything else to add or that would help me I would be greatly appreciative.

jupiterianguru

Hey everyone,

so lately I've been focusing a lot on what career I want to pursue. I was originally planning on working in the health field (medicine or working in public health), although lately I've been interested in career that would allow me a lot more creativity (writing, acting, etc.) I started looking at aspects to my mid heaven, especially Saturn Square midheaven. Everything I read about it said it was a very negative aspect that will bring tons of blocks in whatever career I choose. I also have Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th house conjunct my Midheaven, which apparently is supposed to be a positive aspect. Anyways, I was wondering whether the Saturn aspect is really that bad, whether it can be overcome by other planets/aspects, and whether any of these or other chart aspects indicate a certain direction I should be headed in? Thanks a lot!

Check out My Chart: Natal Chart.jpg Thats cool you have the exact same ascendant degree as me and interception. I don't have Saturn first house though. About Career I was always interested in something creative I went into radio for awhile. Anyways so Saturn Square Midheaven is better than Saturn in the 10th house. This delays me. I am sure after my Saturn return I will find some direction in life and go back to school I hope. Anyways you could try working with Children Jupiter very much enjoys that. Saturn can be overcome through working on the problem areas in life that it represents and kind of cleaning its energy off of you through visualizing a light around you like the sun. I have used both it helps a lot. I just wanted to comment mainly cause I have never seen a chart with the same Ascendant degree and interception before that is cool.

Edit: That attachment is nothing useful that is a Farm field I took a picture of when I went on a walk in the Country not related to this I do not know how to delete Attachments I accidentally hit the wrong picture to upload. The Chart above is what I wanted to share lol.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

samzidan

Hey Jupiterianguru,

thanks for your reply. It is interesting that you have the same degree as me, as I've never seen another person's chart with the same degree either. Would you say you embody the typical qualities associated with Aquarius rising? Also curious if you look like like an Aquarius rising (since we both have our ascendant in the third decant).

Also, when you say shine light on Saturn, what would that mean in this case? Since Saturn in is in the 1st House, what kind of things should I be focusing on? Or do you mean the aspects to Saturn?

Thanks!

jupiterianguru

Hey Jupiterianguru,

thanks for your reply. It is interesting that you have the same degree as me, as I've never seen another person's chart with the same degree either. Would you say you embody the typical qualities associated with Aquarius rising? Also curious if you look like like an Aquarius rising (since we both have our ascendant in the third decant).

Also, when you say shine light on Saturn, what would that mean in this case? Since Saturn in is in the 1st House, what kind of things should I be focusing on? Or do you mean the aspects to Saturn?

Thanks!

I embody typical Aquarius rising traits but tend to be somewhat spacy like Pisces. I am quite freedom loving and rebel in a playful way or serious. I like religion and philosophy debates and spiritual things like Astrology. I fit the qualities of Aquarius rising however I tend to fit Pisces somewhat too its an odd mix. When its not going right I will want to rebel by being a victim lol seriously that is the negative of both signs put toghether. I am told I look like Aquarius Ascendant I am blond hair thin average height how about you. You have Saturn in the first house which is also co-ruler of Aquarius so you probably look different but then again I have Saturn Conjunct Uranus so it may be about the same.

About Saturn you would want to focus on asserting yourself and feeling confident, maybe being more open minded to new things and ideas (if thats a problem) you would also want to have compassion and help people thats a good thing but not let them take advantage of your time or money. That is a problem for me even without Saturn being there I assume Saturn would make this worse. Focus on the positive traits of Pisces also assert yourself and be confident. That is what I mean take the house and sign position of Saturn and work to cultivate the positive qualities of the house and sign. I was working on that with my Saturn. This doesn't seem to take away all events related to Saturn that are negative but it helps.

I like using the Vedic Sun Mantra to clean my aura http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surya the variation I use is pronounced SOUOU-RRRRR-YAH-YAH You would vibrate it like this guy but drop the AUM in this case its not needed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qB0WSp-8AU I suggest doing this around 108 times into your aura and affirming the energies of Saturn in your soul is being burned away. You can also use this for protection or cleaning the aura this is actually my shortcut when I am in a negative situation and don't want to use visualization to remove the energy from me. Sun is in Leo right now so its a great time to use it. You can look up and use the other planet Mantras too.

Do you think that Aquarius Rising Pisces intercepted people are the ones who came here to help bring in the Age of Aquarius

Last edited:

Krewster

Ime, there’s never a danger from “...placing too much worth on career goals...” at your age (unless its not going to happen for causes beyond your control). But I’m not against your assignation of that undecile triangle influence to such trait (as I have seen a septile-based triangle among the same Sun-Sat-Pluto so color the Sun with some type of seriousness that a strong career results even when the native has strong countervailing traits).
As for the semi-novile-based Sun-Mars-Nept triangle not indicating suaveness nor spirituality, perhaps your proving that your Mars’ pair of squares to Jup/Pluto predominates...? (but surely there’s a closet latin dance afficianado lurking inside you from the former triangle or...a gentleness that one wouldn’t expect from a Mars 90 Jup/Pluto)...?