Sexual career?

loonymoon

Re: What house has to do with astrology and sex?

ckr1,

First, welcome! :) Although I'm new here myself. I like your sense of humor :D (I mean your first post).

As for your question, I don't think you can guess someone's profession from their chart, I mean many people can have the same placements and aspects and have very different occupations. For instance, if your work is related to 8th house matters it could be psychology, it could be business, banking or insurance (other people's resources), it could be sexology, it could be writing detective stories, it could be many things.

I think there are several interesting things in your chart that might be related, but I need to think more about it and maybe someone more experienced than me can offer some insights. For now it seems to me the most important planet in your chart in this regard is Uranus that has an important role (the focus of your 4th-8th-10th houses T-Sqaure) and forms many aspects, and then Pluto.

Sex trade - I guess traditionally it'll be in the 5th house dominion, but in modern astrology, considering it's both sex and trade (sharing resources - business), it's so 8th house. And there is so much more going on in your 8th house than in your 5th house.

Your 2nd house is in Aquarius. You also have Chiron there, which means some wound that is related to your source of income or your values. The ruler of 2nd house, Uranus, is in the 8th house which might suggest your source of income may have something to do with 8th house matters, and it opposites your Chiron in the 2nd house, that is related to your wound. The 2nd house is related also to your value system and being in Aquarius your values might be a bit unorthodox and also your source of income might be a bit unorthodox. Your 10th house is in Scorpio, which might have something to do with sex - the ruler of your 10th house, Pluto, is in the 8th house, which suggests your career has somethinh to do with 8th house matters. If sex trade is a 8th house matter things are begining to make sense. If sex trade is a 5th house matter and the 8th house is only about death and such, then you should have been an undertaker :p

I think your choice of occupation may have something to do with your childhood experiences. Pluto conjuncting your Moon in the 8th house - the Moon is related to your childhood and maybe also your relationship with your mother. Being in the 8th house and conjuncting Pluto, staying naive about the dark side of life might have been difficult as the dark side might have presented itself to you in some way. More importantly maybe, you have a T-Square between Jupiter (which is both your chart ruler and your Sun ruler) in the 10th house of career, Mars (the secondary ruler of your 10th house) in the 4th house of home, family and childhood and Uranus (ruler of the second house) in the 8th house, Uranus being its focus. There is another T-Sqaure focusing on your 4th house Mars - Uranus (ruler of the 2nd) in the 8th house opposite Chiron (youre wound) in the 2nd and both square Mars in the 4th, suggesting Mars in the 4th has something to do with your wound, source of income and maybe values. It's all related - your home/family/childhood, your wound and your source of income. Mars forming mostly hard aspects I wouldn't rule out the possibilty of aggression or some problem related to men in your home or your childhood. The Sun sqaures the Moon-Pluto conjunction in the 8th - there might have been some conflict between your parents that deeply affected you. Did you rebel against your family/home, maybe your country of origin?

I guess you quite sacrificed your emotional life during your life, starting at your childhood, and maybe also had to grow up too soon.

I think you also have an interesting situation in your 12th house. Your Ascendant is in Sagittarius and so is your Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn, so Sag is dominant in your chart. But this Sag stellium is in the 12th house (the Sun is in the 11th house, but conjuncting the 12th house cusp so should be interpreted also in the 12th) with Sag Saturn sitting on your ASC from the 12th. Your Venus (love, sex, also values) is the ruler of your 4th house of home, family and childhood and is at odds with Mars in the 4th, so I guess some of your attitudes regarding Venus matters come from there - the 4th house. And Venus sextile your Uranus (ruler of the 2nd - source of income, values) in the 8th, so it's related. Your Sun there squares the Moon-Pluto conjunction in the 8th. Mercury, ruler of your 6th house (work), is also there and trines your 8th house Moon-Pluto conjunction. Saturn there trines this Moon-Pluto conjunction too. Both Jupiter, ruler of your 12th house, and Neptune, the traditional ruler of the 12th, are in the 10th house of career, and the MC-Neptune conjunction sextile the 8th house Moon-Pluto conjunction, again relating your career to 8th house matters - but now it's all starting with the 12th house. Your 4th house (home, childhood) ruler is in the 12th and the 12th house ruler is in the 10th house of career, so you see the connection? With the 12th house + 8th house and Pluto + Saturn there could be a lot happening unconsciously and the feeling of confinement (12th house) might indeed be strong. And if you believe in Karma as you said (I don't), well... 12th house, Saturn (Lord of Karma). But I don't believe in it.

sskohli

Hi Ckr
I agree with lm, its not possible to gauge the career of a person from the chart..
I practice vedic astrology's offshoot called Nadi astrology, where we work mostly on house numbers...and something called dashas (for timing).
Now according to your chart, there's only Venus which signifies sexual activity 5,8,12 and the other planets signify numbers for business..
were you most active from 1961-1981 (i know you were just 4 years old in 1961).. but like you said childhood abuse and all started very early..
umm the year where you'd have started it would be around 1966-67??
from 1987, i don't know did your career go down..i don't see too much activity during that time..
another very distinctive aspect of your chart is the presence of 3,9,12 ...
3rd house is the house of speech...are you good in communication and interaction...do you read a lot or do you contemplate writing even?
and 9,12 houses means travel..so did you travel a lot?
9th house also mean that you had the presence of someone in your life..who had helped you during time of need..
12 obviously is the house of bed and sexual pleasures so that's present throughout...
but i should say..it doesn't Scream out to be of someone involved in sex.
thanks for posting it though...
nice analysis..learned a bit here...

thanks
sandeep

sskohli

oh wow cherie... you are pretty eloquent..so i take it that you are well read
and wow planck and string theory..i can hardly call that 'unintelligent'... i myself couldn't gather much of it..though i am science student..i am not much imaginative..so i can't really 'theorize' the many assumptions of Physics.. so it wasn't one of my strong subjects..i was good in chemistry and biology..see, smell and feel them..that's how i learn..oh wow PUN really not intended :)...
well good that the readings turn out fine..
oh by the way..I gather from your chart that the shows or whatever business was inter-spersed..were there gaps in between..as in you'd do them when your needed money..then go into hibernation kinda??
nice interacting with you cherie..
sandeep

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Hi there:
(great job of the delineation looney moon and sskohli!)..
This is just so ironic in the light of the discussion about where sex belongs on the other thread!> Here we have Uranus being the focal point of a T-square- in the eighth..and on the eighth cusp, Leo- natural ruler of house 5!. Its pretty obvious that the trines between uranus in h8 and the stellium in house 12 (behind the scenes, under the covers, whatever) describe this occupation or even a way of being in the world and scorpio on that cusp...pluto and the moon also in house 8- its impossible to say which of these specifically describes what you do- all these placements suggest it. Had you not told us though, I wonder what we may have come up with?(no pun intended) lillyjgc

sskohli

yeah lilly agree with you..
i would've said a researcher..with 8 and 12 in abundance...
do we have a career astrologer in the house..who may shed more light on this

sandeep

Robert

What rather interests me ( I am no career astrologer ) but if you look at the intercepted sign of Virgo in H8 it does not surprise me that she had the LTD business approach ( Virgo-precision) and her Accountant! Of course the 8th house deals with sex- the strength of the Libido and/or lifeforce - however one should take into account of the rest of the chart to see how the sexuality will manifest itself...
As a matter of interest I have often found that Mercury in Scorpio with a 'supportive' rest of the chart, can indicate a early sexual experience, not necessary molestation.
Any comments or ideas on this?
Robert

PYXIS

25 years in the business!
my goodness, sweetie, one would think 1-2 would be plenty!
I had a high school girlfriend who went into that business, just for a bit as she was setting up another business...real estate.
venus in virgo rx 12h...
i always wondered if that was the reason....detriment?....ummmm she was the nicest person....i think she was just adventuous in her young, wild days...but i always thought that placement was one reason....
any ideas, anyone?

Charm

Pluto conjunct moon in house 8. Pluto is in domicile. Pluto conjunct moon giving powerful emotions and strong sex drive. Neptune in 10th house trining pluto in 8th-career involving sexual illusion/mystery. Venus, mercury, saturn in the 12th, which would represent the hidden world. Venus in saggitarrius, wants freedom and independence. Chiron in aquarius, was your faith in humanity wounded? Mars in taurus is also retrograde. Mars is in fall in taurus, and is also inward turned expression being retrograde. Mars in taurus also gives a sensual sex drive and love of pleasure. Uranus ruling house 2 and uranus is in house 8 squaring mars. So again, there is an uncoventional sex theme in house 8.

Claire19

WIth Pluto in the 8th of sex and others assets. You used sex to gain the money and other goods perhaps of others. Gifts, loans, inheritance also falls in this house and with this sign. I dont know if you dealt with corporate business men at all but that would fit.

2nd house is our own income and assets. It is polar opposite and of course once you receive that money it is yours to gain the material and physical comforts.

Pluto is the planet of major transformations and deals with the death passage into afterlife, the little death that orgasm is sometimes called which transports into a state of ecstacy.

Claire19

Robert said:
What rather interests me ( I am no career astrologer ) but if you look at the intercepted sign of Virgo in H8 it does not surprise me that she had the LTD business approach ( Virgo-precision) and her Accountant! Of course the 8th house deals with sex- the strength of the Libido and/or lifeforce - however one should take into account of the rest of the chart to see how the sexuality will manifest itself...
As a matter of interest I have often found that Mercury in Scorpio with a 'supportive' rest of the chart, can indicate a early sexual experience, not necessary molestation.
Any comments or ideas on this?
Robert

I agree that Mercury in Scorpio can denote early introduction or interference with sexual matters depending on the placement and aspects. Apparently abuse victims use sex to gain favours as that is what they feel they are worth only and have to give of any value.

Claire19

PYXIS said:
25 years in the business!
my goodness, sweetie, one would think 1-2 would be plenty!
I had a high school girlfriend who went into that business, just for a bit as she was setting up another business...real estate.
venus in virgo rx 12h...
i always wondered if that was the reason....detriment?....ummmm she was the nicest person....i think she was just adventuous in her young, wild days...but i always thought that placement was one reason....
any ideas, anyone?

I agree 25 years is a long time. There must have been more than just money driving you. If you were involved with drugs then I can understand it, or alcohol. Pluto and Neptune both deal with the taboo and the hidden and that may have added to the attraction. I am only surmising.

tikana

ckr1 said:
hi,
Speaking of sex ,would anyone be able to tell me if there was anything to indicate in my chart that I would spend 25 years in the sex trade?(Very successfully) until Plutos interference nearly ten years ago?
I have jupiter in the 10th so professional success I understand but pluto in the 8th?

** pluto in 8th is very strong cause it is in its own house.. moon conj pluto .. ouch very heavy emotional burdens carried from the past like you explained***

cant get to grips with that one. As you may have gathered I am idiot level astrology but I do try to learn or maybe its just that my talents lie else where!!!!

*** okay ... dont call yourself one.. cause you are not! obviously you are smart enough to study astrology.. like a heading in Delphi city in Ancient Greece said "Know thyself, know thy way!"****

I once asked Debbi-Kempton Smith the same question (Secrets from a stargazers diary)in a reading she did for me but did not really get a straight answer or maybe I just didn't understand(Really good reading otherwise!)
I wont go into to much detail but my ONLY motivation during all that time was purely fiscal,so maybe I should be looking at the 2nd house?

** it really depends on why you enter the business to begin with. quite honestly there are so many signatures for adult enterntainers .. it is not even funny .. some people enter it cause they are bored out of their minds, quick cash to pay for school, 15 minutes of fame, and etc .. of course there are serious people who write silly scripts for silly **** movies where you end up laughing instead of getting all turned on.. a lot involved in why people get into it! i dont blame the astrologer for not giving you a straight answer! ****

Also I really believe there was something to do with Karma and my "Job" loads of feelings of having to do something that I did not really want to do (Confinement-Pluto?).
Any comments would be very welcome.
and lots of thanks too.

**** it may not be a karma but more along the lines but hidden emotional burden.. it is very addicting business to be in.. but hey if you make money and staying safe, there is no reason for you not to do it.. look at Heidi Fleiss. she was doing big until she made series of mistakes and felt she is above the law. ****

Tik

ohmygoodness!!!

Hi CKr1,

I have similar placements in my chart.
Saturn in 12th, trine Pluto/moon in 8th (in virgo), both sextile to neptune in 10th conj, MC. Then add Venus in 3rd (almost in 4th in Taurus) trine saturn & pluto. It's a tight kite too!

But my profession has nothing to do with sex. I'm in the business world. A long slow steady rise in my career, now finally I'm an executive. I have written on technical subjects.

So, the Pluto/moon, Neptune, Saturn, I don't think it has to do with your profession of the sex trade. It's got to be the combination with the other planets.

All the Best,

OMG!!!