Saturn in 8th house, iron ring?

Hi,

I am very new to astrology. I had a question.

I was born on Sept 5' 1985 8:15 pm and in my natal my Saturn is in my 8th house. So basically a malefic planet in a bad house. I wear a iron ring to nullify the effects of saturn. I have heard some where that you shouldn't wear anything for malefic planets, cause the gemstone can make the bad effects of the malefic planets stronger. Should I take off my iron ring?

Educated answers are welcomed. Thanks in advance. !!!

El_Nagual

In order to obtain a horoscope also the exact birth location is needed.

As for the iron ring I think it's advisable that you always wear it, because iron rings are good to normalize your internal energies, it doesn't do you any harm. As for the gem I have read that you should try to use a gem of mars or jupiter to help you with the saturnian influence. Only if you use the gems/metal/colors of saturn you could be searching for trouble.

All right thanks,

I don't know if it makes a difference but I was born in New Delhi, India.
So my details are 5th Sept. 1985 8:15 pm, New Delhi, India.

ashish1985 said:
Hi,

I am very new to astrology. I had a question.

I was born on Sept 5' 1985 8:15 pm and in my natal my Saturn is in my 8th house. So basically a malefic planet in a bad house. I wear a iron ring to nullify the effects of saturn. I have heard some where that you shouldn't wear anything for malefic planets, cause the gemstone can make the bad effects of the malefic planets stronger. Should I take off my iron ring?

Educated answers are welcomed. Thanks in advance. !!!

I too have saturn (in Pisces) in the 8th house, and yes it is a tough call ashish, and I hope my reply makes sense. Please get back to me, if it sounds confusing! I am not advanced in astrology, but I have learned these things i am about to to tell you....

I hadn't heard about wearing an iron ring before, by the way. where can you get one!!! ;)

1. Anyway, what I have read about Saturn being placed here, is the difficulties with facing change,
dealing with fears/phobias, fear of intimacy, and so on. Saturn teaches you to work hard at what you are most weakest in- so maybe for all us 8th house saturns, it is about looking to overcoming those fears, learning about sexuality, and relationships and being compassionate and learn to trust instincts about who to trust. I want to share a message of empowerment and i hope this will help you in some way.(I absolutely despaired of my saturn being in the 8th house. I hated it with a passion!)

2.I think trust for 8th house Saturns is a huge point here, and this could include looking at spiritual beliefs and finding what you really and truly believe. and want to do.

By overcoming these issues over the years, either through a trusted friend, counselling or therapy, then I think you will start to view this saturn as a friend. This is now happening to me. I realise Saturn wants you to work hard.

3 I became very aware of saturn when I was 28/29, saturn Return. My health suffered, and somehow I had to revaluate things and re-find those things I truly valued ( i had some counselling to overcome the panic attacks I was getting) and once the transit was over, I found the courage to be re-committed to things like complementary health, nutrition: I took up dancing ( flamenco and Middle Eastern- I am still dancing, to this day- I am now 42) and sought to find a beautiful balance outside work- I am re-committed to art, and I discovered an interest in astrology and other esoteric topics.. I have begun writing again, on all sorts of things, arts/social issues/anthropology etc etc. So my Saturn Return triggered off a whole host of challenges, which were blessings in disguise.

4 .I have some challenging aspects to saturn, such as saturn opposite pluto/uranus , saturn square mercury, saturn square moon, but I am aware now and am consciously working at things/modifying things. Don't forget too, Saturn adds discipline- so check your chart for saturn sextiles ( opportunities and talents) and saturn trines( things which come so easily to you). I can bet you've got those too! It's not all doom and gloom. For example I have saturn sextile neptune ( so I can make the opportunity to make some of my spiritual /artistic ideas( ruled by Neptune) come true, because I can use the discipline and hard work Saturn gives in this sextile, if you understand the break down of that).

5. In short, over the last year or so (maybe within the last few months) after speaking to a perceptive and wise astrologer, I was reminded that Saturn is there to help and structure you. It changed my perception completely and I have a profound respect for saturn now. Looking back, I realise how much I have learned.

6. In addition, I have had Pluto transitting my natal Sun(Sagittarius) and Pluto, as you know causes you to throw off things that don't work for you, anymore- attitudes, life styles, bad friends etc. you get the picture. Saturn passed over my ascendant (leo) a few years ago, and I think things more or less brought me to a better understanding of myself, others around me. So yes, I have changed.

I feel I have become more compassionate and astute about human relationships and sexuality, and yes, there are some fears I still need to work on, but I have more feelings of empowerment... My fear about saturn has gone. It's a real relief now. I can read a chart for you on one of the websites, and see what your saturn might mean, according to the sign. We can make saturn your friend!

7. Yes, by all means wear the iron ring and work with those energies, but also use astrology, like psychology, as a way of working on changing things:
use tasks and exercises, or counselling or work through things with a friend or partner. It is an opportunity, and it goes down deep rooted. You will rewarded , by the time your Second Saturn return comes ( your late 50's/ early 60's). Isn't that what you want, eventual confidence in your relationships, control and understanding of your fears and phobias?
There is light at the end of the tunnel ;)

And another true benefits of saturn in the 8th house, a long life: I really mean that. Saturn endures.....

This site has some excellent interpretations, so you can't go wrong.

Leila x