Suicide and Astrology

Claire19

First of all do youself a favour and forget all asteroids and fixed stars with transits. How can you possibly synthesise all that? They are not viable anyway. Also only the transits and progressions that have the same planets in aspect but not necessarily the same kind of aspect, just needs to have a contact, in your natal chart will have any major influence. I find that I have to repeat this over and over and it is a big mistake that amateur astrologers make thinking that i.e. Jupiter going over 5th house will bring a baby, a lover or lottery luck. The planet must hit a planet in that house and there must be the aspect in the natal chart to back it up and favourable aspects to the 8th house of other assets and possibly 2nd house of personal assets etc. This is why so many predictions fail to come true.. The nature of the planets involved will determine if it is emotional, physical, mental effect.

VenusInAries

I respect you opinion Claire but disagree sorry. I will always consider myself a student of astrology but never an amature. I have studied with Daniel Giamario and Jeffery Greene.. and I have been told several times on the three different hits a planet makes by them but always lose sight on this and I disagree on the asteroids affects as well as not looking at the bigger picture of what other transits are going on. But thanks.

Claire19

Hi there

I dont know what you mean by three different hits the planets make. Also who has the definition of what influence the asteroids have?? Has anyone proved their value??? Nowhere in my 25 years of astrology practise and study have I found accurate definitions of them. They are shrouded in myth and legend and invention. Chiron may have a value but no one knows whether it is a comet, asteroid or minor planet. Asteroids are only space junk and often debris from exploded planets.

I think people will invent influences to give them the answers that they want one way and another.

Also snow and ice belongs to Neptune and with Saturn belonging to rock formation perhaps Neptune and Saturn together indicate solidified water, snowballs and any compacted snow

Claire.

VenusInAries

Well again I say live and let live so do what you want with asteroids :: blowing kiss:: and I'll do what I want.

And I will take that your lack of a response on my question I asked at the end of that one post is a no.. because I doubt very highly you would respond to a post in such a short sharp hateful manner as you did without reading the entire post.

starlink

Hello Jagtoile! Yes, you are right, Pluto on the Ascendant and all the suffering she went through during her life would be enough to decide to end it all. I guess it is my Taurus Sun in 6th that wants proof and facts. Fantastic woman she was, amazing how someone can hold on that long.

starlink

Venus, I am impressed by what Unu (kalhai) wrote. It was right up my street. Why do people always concentrate on the bad before the good? Why are we so afraid? You write that you know where your weakness lies. Where do your strength lie? Concentrate on that! Also, I think (my personal opinion) that we should not lead our lives solely on what the stars (maybe) predict. I am afraid that that would lead us to a sort of "predicted" lifestyle instead of just live. So often I go through good times and when I look at my chart I think, gee, that did not look good at all and yet I had a great time. You see, we often do not know how certain aspects will work out and worrying ourselves sick beforehand is therefore not good. I seldom look at my chart, only when, let's say, a family member is about to die and I want to see if that shows up in my chart as well (to give an example). When I am, all of a sudden, in a really emotionally difficult situation, then I also look why I am feeling like that, but NEVER beforehand, because that would influence me (most of us I would say). Even a Solar Return can influence you, but I do those always. Do I see difficult aspects in it, then I do not delve too deep into it to find out what, when, how etc., just look which area of my life could be affected. I just go on enjoying life (when it is OK at that moment) and say to myself, when difficulties arise, I will deal with them accordingly. In astrology there is a great danger of letting the stars lead your life. I am really happy about the way Unu interpretes those heavy transits. Mars-Saturn, gee, it could mean that you could start something with a lot of determination, or putting an idea into reality. A square shows extra energy, power. We can use it positively. Let's stay positive in all this, always and like you say, it will pass or you end up with beautiful teeth!

Claire19

I agree with what you say about not letting astrology rule our lives. The stars impel but do not compel. I dont use the word good or bad with aspects but rather challenging and flowing. We can gain more from the so called bad aspects and grow. We need to take our natal chart conditions into account when tracking the transits too.

Claire

Berynice

I just read an article about suicide - a doctor who has followed suicides for many years and follows up on attempted suicides. The interesting thing is that the people who were "successful" usually committed suicide by jumping off a bridge or with a gun - and the people who were "unsuccessful" (at least the first couple of times) did long planning. Of the people who were prevented from jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, only six percent went on to kill themselves. Their lives were changed. So I'm going to think that there are two types of suicides - impulsive (mars, uranus) and the ones that come from depression which would have a whole different astrological implication. That's it for now, but I would look to see if the suicides are impulsive or planned/chronic.

star2858

VenusInAries said:
I was not sure if this thread has been touched on before so please forgive me if it has.

I am curious has anyone studied the charts of those that have committed suicide. If so I would be curious of the transits they were going through before hand then the transits at the moment they ended their life.

I have not studied it but to me it seems like a heavy Saturn transit yes? But the moment they do it perhaps the transiting moon is jumping in the mix too? Just very curious of what others have noticed or the information they have gathered.

Thanks and happy turkey day :banana: sorry all you turkeys :: pout:: not a good day to be you :: wink::

I am going to saturn opposite uranus currently and feel like dying everyday. I find myself getting tearful quickly and crying lots. I'm trying to be so brave. I am soon (28 March) to enter my saturn square natal saturn period. It's going to be difficult. Got final year law exams!

[star, it sounds like you may need to have suicide counseling. Please get help immediately and see this post:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14693 - Moderator]

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    28 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus7

I would imagine if the Saturn Uranus transit oppositon is hitting snesitive points in any natal chart, then any individal experience experiencing them might feel like the proverbial primed explosive, if circumstances are at all confining. Nobody likes to feel trapped, or forced to compromise beyond what they might feel they should do.

I'm not sure I agree with whoever suggested that hard Saturn transits to natal Moon are a breeze - I suspect these can be anything but, it could be at these times particularly when the carpet of whatever may be sustaining is is most decisively or brutally swept away away - sometimes repeatedly.

But any set of transits might lead to suicidal feelings - including birthdays. I knew at least one person once who chose to exit not a long way shy of his solar return.

But let us be clear again that this act is a choice, though one maybe, based on an incomplete understanding of the whole picture, the main incomplete factor being, perhaps that these things, as all transits and progressions must, pass.

There might be other solutions to changing life and outlook that havn't been considered yet.

Ekim86

I have seen my grandpa commit suicide when Pluto crossed over his sun. Bullet to the brain. Robert Hands inturpation is right on the money. I wish I could of showed him what was going on but I wasn't at that point in astrology during the time. His birth time is unknown so its a rough chart but pluto is pretty much on his sun. Also a werid thing was when I came home from work and heard the news I thought right away that he was a Sagg sun sign. I have never heard any information about any corrospondance between sag and suicide but Sagg just poped into my mind. Then a few days latter I found out he was a sagg. Just intuitive on it i guess. He was one of my own, a sagg sun. Amazing how this transit can rob a sag of every optimistic thought in him. Or maybe suicide was his optimistic thought. I went through this transit years before him when I was a little kid thank god. When the only worries in your mind are getting picked last for kick ball:eek:

luneblanche

Hi! I've tried to commit suicide 3 times. In 2005, 07, and 09. Don't know about the transits behind it but I suppose I can reason them to a depressive mind that wraps my core mind and soul. Astrologicaly the depression is due my limitations of Saturn that causes me great strain. (Mars/Saturn square, Saturn/Neptune square) Cap in the 5th house that blocks my mental creativity and the ruler in the 12th which brings me great fears about the unknow, my future, my abilities... To add that the way that I extremely feel things (Pluto/Moon conj) just deepens that depressive state of mind.
Don't know that I'll try again, but I can assume that I will because I don't feel I can change and as well, I don't see much happiness in my chart.

hermetic

I used to be very depressed&suicidal at one point few years ago, and now looking at trasits at that time, I am sure it had to do with transiting Saturn for me

first it squared my Sun - I was really full of hatred toward myself, soon after it crossed my Ascendant, I lost huge amount of weight and got very underweight, that worsened my depressive state even more; and soon after it Saturn opposed my natal Moon - that was the worst part I believe - I had suicidal thoughts daily, and could barely function. I was on antidepressants that did nothing. Not eating was active again and it was in a way a slow form of suicide. If that continued for more time I am not sure what would happen to me...

I am of depressed disposition, but never as during those times I was that severe. Definitely worst 2 years of my life:rolleyes:

Nexus7

Lune Blanche

In view of a thread I have seen a long way from here, I do feel the need to comment: the aspects you list do sound rather tough, but you know, you are a whole lot more than your chart and how you define yourself through this.

An old wisdom is that whilst your chart may show up the biggest problems in your life, it also has within it the seeds of its own best solutions to these problems. As just one example, Moon/Pluto can be heavy-duty - but also does have enormous capacity for regeneration and transmuting of many of the negative emotions that may assail you.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Nexus7 said:
Lune Blanche

In view of a thread I have seen a long way from here, I do feel the need to comment: the aspects yopu list do sound rather tough, but you know, you are a whole lot more than your chart and how you define yourself through this.

An old wisdom is that whilst your chart may show up the biggest problems in your life, it also has the seeds of its own best solutions to these problems. As just one example, Moon/Pluto can be heavy-duty - but also does have eneormous capacity for regeneration and transmuting of many of the negative emotions that may assail you.
Well said, Nexus.

Lune Blanche, if you want to look into your chart a bit more then check out Neptune Square Saturn - it's quite a challenge, but certainly not insurmountable.

I've known a number of people who have suicided. Most have had some kind of long-term struggle to stay here. I have also felt this struggle, and I can honestly say that whenever I have entertained the idea that `life is just too hard', something dramatic has occurred that has shown me that I'm needed here, that I have a purpose, if only one which is short-term and mundane.

My view is that a difficult Chiron placement can be found in the charts of some suicides. I've just checked out the natal chart and time-of-death charts of Nick Drake, English singer/song-writer (born in 1948) who took an overdose at 26 after a long journey through deep and debilitating depression. As well as having Chiron and south node in Scorpio (a very tough arrangement indeed) the only (obvious) triggers for his death being at that particular time appear to be:
  • Saturn conj his Cancer Asc
  • Mars in exact conj with his natal Chiron in Scorpio in 5th (on 5th house cusp)
Drake found performing in front of people very painful, almost impossible, and retreated to his parents' house essentially to die.
Natally, he had Uranus conj Sun in Gemini, and I've found the sun-uranus conjunction on the charts of a number of people with extremes of behaviour. It's almost as though this aspect renders some people (note I say `some', and not `all') more sensitive to the electrical nature of their environment. One young man I know with his natal sun and Uranus conj in Sag has had an almost 10-yr struggle with just being on the planet. He's done the whole drug thing, and that fries his brain, so now he's just zombied out on pharmaceuticals. I'm not sure which is worse.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Watersign

I tried to kill myself with pills and alcohol because of depression and an obsessive love affair.
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=tvqfileyZzC9A-u1233637891&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=4&nho2=1&btyp=24subtit&mth=gw&sday=16&smon=6&syr=1997&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=
I have many times wondered what was going on astrologically to contribute to the horrible darkness and desperation I felt. Just looking now, I see Saturn transiting chiron in the twelfth house. Mars may be moving into a grand cross pluto/moon opposition in the sixth house of health and service. Pluto's near or about to transit the eighth house. Neptune is the in the natal eighth house. Maybe the pills/neptune and pluto/obsession are represented there. Neptunes and Uranus are also transiting the tenth house. I'm not advanced enough to really know what's going on here. I would love some insight though. Am I on target? Am I missing something?:eek:
Also after I recovered I made good changes and everything has been a lot better since. Not happily ever after but it didn't turn out to be a kind of pluto transformative experience in a good way.