Venus in the 12th House

SniperBomber328

I know the title may sound like it belongs in the "Houses" of the Forum, but I am not talking about the house directly; but that's a different story.
So basically it's like this. I have actually used the 'Search' function in this forum, and looked online, so I know what will come across, but I still wanted to get a more educated and less generalized response.

Simply, I want to know if Venus is Dignified or Debilitated in the 12th House. You see, most Traditional Astrologers place the 12th House as the most debilitated house in the Natal Chart. But I understand that the 12th House (along with the 5th) is where Venus Joy's in. So that is my basic question, is it "accidentally" debilitated , or "accidentally" dignified?

divine g

Banned
It depends on how you look at it. I have Venus in 12th, and this seems to be one of the contributing factors to my love of solitude and meditation. It's one of the best placements for the 12th house as a house, but depending on how badly you want a relationship, this may not be the best place for Venus. Venus here seems to be hiding from the world, and would rather have a relationship with God than mankind. And if there are any attractions to people, Venus here will most likely keep it in the fantasy realm and probably won't approach that person.

So again, if there is a planet in the 12th, it's one of the best to have, as this is the house of secret enemies, and this shows the ability to get your enemies to love you in the end. I think the deal breaker to see if it's debilitated or dignified is to see the aspects. If there are any squares or oppostions to your Venus, that will present problems, and if it's in the natal chart, it shows the person who just can't seem to get it right in the relationship dept.

As a real life example, my Venus is conjunct Jupiter in 12th, and Jupiter here is definitely dignified, as it shows spiritual protection. (Sure enough, it seems I really was blessed with some sort of guardian angel protecting me from death since my birth.) So in that sense, Venus is dignified, as it feels like someone "up there" likes you. But Venus is opposed by the Moon and squaring my nodal axis, which shows conflict of even wanting a relationship, and may be even emotionally cold to having one. Also have to factor in the sign here too. I have Venus in Cancer which is doubly sensitive and protective of emotions. It's progressed to Leo, but still in 12th. This is playing out as a Venus who has a need for attention, but is somehow how still invisible to the world.

Again, aspects and sign are equally as important here. Venus in 12th will play out differently depending on the different combinations of sign and aspect.

Last edited:
I know the title may sound like it belongs in the "Houses" of the Forum, but I am not talking about the house directly; but that's a different story.
So basically it's like this. I have actually used the 'Search' function in this forum, and looked online, so I know what will come across, but I still wanted to get a more educated and less generalized response.

Simply, I want to know if Venus is Dignified or Debilitated in the 12th House. You see, most Traditional Astrologers place the 12th House as the most debilitated house in the Natal Chart. But I understand that the 12th House (along with the 5th) is where Venus Joy's in. So that is my basic question, is it "accidentally" debilitated , or "accidentally" dignified?

all depends on venus sign and aspects. If in virgo in it's detriment, maybe accidentally dignified due to pisces venus being exalted, but if its conjunct[hard aspect], saturn, uranus, neptune or pluto then it's debilitated/challenged.

can you post the chart?

either way it's not great any which way you look at it and not taking into account venus aspects, it does suggest this person did not receive enough afffection and love in early childhood, thereby learning not to express venus, to keep to themselves if you like. The aspects will describe how she functions. It can also suggest secret lovers, liasions to

Anachiel

Joys are favorable for a planet for it is like it has come home or is in it's own temple. Joy is generally used more in horary astrology. However, all other factors aside, joy is an accidental dignity.

Blessings,

Anachiel

Joys are favorable for a planet for it is like it has come home or is in it's own temple. Joy is generally used more in horary astrology. However, all other factors aside, joy is an accidental dignity.

Blessings,

Anachiel
I would agree, but because we haven't seen the chart, don't know what sign or aspects venus has, it's very hard to tell how venus will operate

divine g

Banned
"It can also suggest secret lovers, liasions too"

Just wanted to add that in my experience, it's not that I have secret lovers aside from the one that I'm with, it's more that I would rather not publicize my relationships, or shout my love from the rooftops.

I always interpreted that secret relationship thing like an implication of someone cheating. As far as I know, I spent too much time with my gf's for them to be having secret liasons, and they were too much of a handful for me to have affairs either. But I do prefer that my relationships are kept away from the public, and having our own little world. I think this can be one of the more romantic, fantasy-type, dream come true positions for Venus, depending on sign and aspect of course. In my case, I did have fairy-tale type romances, but they also quickly dissipated, as if saying if it seems too good to be true, it probably is..

Caro

Doesnt the significance of this planet here depend on whether you are male or female?

ie a male - venus here could mean the secret liaisons etc but with a female it would not mean the same thing. So for a female if your mars is here it would mean/relate somehow to relationships.

Anachiel

If this was a horary chart that might matter. As this is a natal chart you are speaking of, Venus does not change her meaning simply because of someone's gender. Love is love, or whatever she might have rulership of in your particular matter.

Claire19

I dont use the words debilitated or dignified at all. Joy etc..... They are misleading and old fashioned.....We take each planet and its aspects by its own merits and depending on whether it is well aspected or not, will it take on the good qualities of the 12th house for instance. That is charity, caring for those less fortunate, being involved in rehab and healing. Have a strong spirituality and generally being compassionate. It is a complex house for sure as it deals with karma and our weaknesses as well as the other realms.

Claire19

Doesnt the significance of this planet here depend on whether you are male or female?

ie a male - venus here could mean the secret liaisons etc but with a female it would not mean the same thing. So for a female if your mars is here it would mean/relate somehow to relationships.

If Venus is in the 12th house it can mean secret liaisons for both sexes. Venus here means a whole lot more than just that though.

Venus is love for all and Mars is sex and libido for all.
Okay Venus shows what sort of lovers a man attracts and for women Mars is the male figure they are attracted to I agree.

SniperBomber328

Well I didn't really want this to be made as interpretation of my chart or what Venus means in the 12th, just wanted to know - in a Traditional Sense - if Venus is Dignified or Debilitated in the 12th House.

Just for the record, my Venus is in Libra, and is a Singelton, meaning it makes no aspects whatsoever to any of my planets. The only aspect it makes is a Sextile to my MC. Jupiter is also in the 12th House, but it makes no conjunction to my Venus, sadly.

Anyway's, still would appreciate if someone told me 'point directly', wether it is Debilitated or Dignified, and thank you everyone for responding as well.

Anachiel

Blessings,

Anachiel

Is this what you were looking for? It is specifically from the Chaldean order that Venus is in her joy in the 12th.

SniperBomber328

Is this what you were looking for? It is specifically from the Chaldean order that Venus is in her joy in the 12th.

That's exactly my question, like for an example. Venus in the 12th House, means that it would be a -5 if you were counting the strength of the planets. But since she's in her Joy, would she lose 5 points, or would it be neutralized or rather gain points instead, for being in her house of Joy?

I hope I make sense.

Anachiel

Yes, you do make sense. You're talking about Fortitude of a planet. Joy, as far as Lilly is concerned, is not a Fortitude. However, it does allow a planet, when it's in it's joy, a certain comfort, like being at home. It's an accidental dignity, not an essential one, though.

Well I didn't really want this to be made as interpretation of my chart or what Venus means in the 12th, just wanted to know - in a Traditional Sense - if Venus is Dignified or Debilitated in the 12th House.

Just for the record, my Venus is in Libra, and is a Singelton, meaning it makes no aspects whatsoever to any of my planets. The only aspect it makes is a Sextile to my MC. Jupiter is also in the 12th House, but it makes no conjunction to my Venus, sadly.

Anyway's, still would appreciate if someone told me 'point directly', wether it is Debilitated or Dignified, and thank you everyone for responding as well.
singleton's are missing an element or modality, ie: fire, earth, air or water- fixed, cardinal, mutable.

If your venus doesn't make any aspects then it's *unaspected* and not a singleton....

SniperBomber328

singleton's are missing an element or modality, ie: fire, earth, air or water- fixed, cardinal, mutable.

If your venus doesn't make any aspects then it's *unaspected* and not a singleton....

Oh I'm so sorry, I meant Unaspected. Thank you astrologer50 for pointing that out! Thank you Anachiel as well. I see what you saying.

lissyloulou

It depends on how you look at it. I have Venus in 12th, and this seems to be one of the contributing factors to my love of solitude and meditation. It's one of the best placements for the 12th house as a house, but depending on how badly you want a relationship, this may not be the best place for Venus. Venus here seems to be hiding from the world, and would rather have a relationship with God than mankind. And if there are any attractions to people, Venus here will most likely keep it in the fantasy realm and probably won't approach that person.

So again, if there is a planet in the 12th, it's one of the best to have, as this is the house of secret enemies, and this shows the ability to get your enemies to love you in the end. I think the deal breaker to see if it's debilitated or dignified is to see the aspects. If there are any squares or oppostions to your Venus, that will present problems, and if it's in the natal chart, it shows the person who just can't seem to get it right in the relationship dept.

As a real life example, my Venus is conjunct Jupiter in 12th, and Jupiter here is definitely dignified, as it shows spiritual protection. (Sure enough, it seems I really was blessed with some sort of guardian angel protecting me from death since my birth.) So in that sense, Venus is dignified, as it feels like someone "up there" likes you. But Venus is opposed by the Moon and squaring my nodal axis, which shows conflict of even wanting a relationship, and may be even emotionally cold to having one. Also have to factor in the sign here too. I have Venus in Cancer which is doubly sensitive and protective of emotions. It's progressed to Leo, but still in 12th. This is playing out as a Venus who has a need for attention, but is somehow how still invisible to the world.

Again, aspects and sign are equally as important here. Venus in 12th will play out differently depending on the different combinations of sign and aspect.

Thank you Sniper Bomber for this thread, and Divineg for this reply. My daughter has Venus in 12th and I was looking for an interpretation. Her Venus is also conjunct Jupiter, and conjunct NN. It's square the Moon and Venus is in Cancer. So really I couldn't have asked for a better interpretation.

AdityaU

I am wondering that if Venus is in virgo in 12th house, which is ascendant's lord and debilitated, is it considered a good place for Venus in this case? Saturn is placed in Libra and exalted on ascendant place, so does it help to cancel out its debilitation?

I am wondering that if Venus is in virgo in 12th house, which is ascendant's lord and debilitated, is it considered a good place for Venus in this case? Saturn is placed in Libra and exalted on ascendant place, so does it help to cancel out its debilitation?
post your chart and we'll discuss it. Nothing in 12th is good as it's cadent/hidden. Venus in virgo is in detriment. Ascendant Lord is old fashioned traditional terminology, modern astrologers call House Rulers and Chart ruler for Ascendant. Saturn conj Asc (whatever sign) will inhibit expression of whatever sign is on the Asc, it will 'knock your confidence'

sethi

this placement may also mean that you have secret enemies and they mostly tend to be women.

However, if you had jupiter here, then things would be vastly different.