Synastry with manager: Being supportive.

Flapjacks

I come back to this synastry again.

The Neptune squares and perhaps Pluto and Uranus seem to come out heavily. Miscommunication and an odd imbalance of power are constant themes. He says I think he is incompetent and don't respect him, and makes awkward jokes about how I'm intimidating. I've never had a boss that shows insecurity like this.

I try to show support whenever I can - get him information he needs, put his decisions/ideas into action, etc. In turn, he has been supportive of me. I do believe we genuinely want to help each other.

It likely stems back to that explosive argument from when he was first hired. He seems to think I have no faith in him, which isn't true. However, it is clear I don't find him a "superior" in the sense he is accustomed.

The most recent Neptune-laden event occurred when I sent him an email about yet another miscommunication. I told him what happened (as he didn't have the whole story), and how I'd like it to happen in the future. He apparently perceived the email as accusatory, as if I thought he should have already known the whole story, which was not the intention at all.

He called me almost immediately to discuss it, but I was busy by that time and not at my desk. Before I even knew he called, he sent me an email complaining that I was ignoring him, that he needed to defend himself, and he was worried I thought he was purposefully deceiving me. He tried to make it light-hearted, but I found it bizarre. I expected the response to be "noted" and we move on. I responded to apologize for missing his call, and clarify that I was trying to inform him, not accuse him of anything.

We like all the same books and TV shows, though. We socialize easily when work isn't the topic. Thank goodness for Venus-Sun and Venus-Mercury conjunctions.

kshantaram

Premium Member
suns cancer-virgo, 3/11, dutiful-neutral towards each other,
lords moon-mer, semi-friendly
moon likes mercury, mercury does not like moon

cancer, sensitive, intuitive, possessive
virgo intellectual, perfectionist, critical

moons aries-cap, square, emotionally at conflict,
lords mars-sat enemies

aries intelligent, action oriented, impulsive
cap ambitious, hardworking, organised

hope this helps.

unique_astrology

Your Pluto is in a tight opposition to his Saturn in real space (right ascension) and overcomes it. If I have your relocated location right you have a strong foreground Sun, probably a stronger relocated chart over his.

Attachments

• Flap Man.gif
    Flap Man.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 30

Flapjacks

Your Pluto is in a tight opposition to his Saturn in real space (right ascension) and overcomes it. If I have your relocated location right you have a strong foreground Sun, probably a stronger relocated chart over his.

Thank you for the chart. Was that the most exact aspect that could be determined without a birth time?

His Mars conjunct my Uranus, squared to my Jupiter and his Pluto (in opposition) echos that disruptive conflict. The missing leg in that configuration is filled by my Chiron. His nodal axis falls on the Pluto/Jupiter opposition.

unique_astrology

The Pluto-Saturn opposition is only 0°28' from exact while the Mrs-Uranus conjunction is 1° from exactness.

I was going for the jugular based on your description of events between the two of you and the Mars-Uranus connection was a singular event while the vibes you get and his actions in response to many of your actions is repeated at different times (conversations, E-Mails, telephone conversations) and seemed more prompted by the Pluto-Saturn opposition.

"I got the feeling from first meeting him that I would have an upper hand here, in an uncomfortable way, ... ."

Your Pluto takes his Saturn.

" ... an odd imbalance of power are constant themes.

Pluto over Saturn again.

" ...makes awkward jokes about how I'm intimidating. I've never had a boss that shows insecurity like this." Keep reading.

What is behind the Pluto to Saturn and Mars to Uranus responses is an aspect that is not easily found by most. The foundation.

Your natal Desc in Colorado points to 245°35'. It points directly at his Mars/Neptune midpoint. An exact trigger of a weakness in his emotional make-up. Of this combination Bradley in "Solar and Lunar Returns" says "This is another of those "killing" combinations due to its potency for evil-working in the life. Its keywords are "terror" and "betrayal", ... . The native invariably finds himself distraught ... . He has fear-producing premonitions of disaster. ... . Neurotic trends may evidence themselves in the native's make-up, for his emotional pattern is skewed under this vibration. ... and is tormented by fear of ridicule and public disgrace."

Attachments

• Asc in space mar nep 2.gif
    Asc in space mar nep 2.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Flapjacks

The Pluto-Saturn opposition is only 0°28' from exact while the Mrs-Uranus conjunction is 1° from exactness.

I was going for the jugular based on your description of events between the two of you and the Mars-Uranus connection was a singular event while the vibes you get and his actions in response to many of your actions is repeated at different times (conversations, E-Mails, telephone conversations) and seemed more prompted by the Pluto-Saturn opposition.

"I got the feeling from first meeting him that I would have an upper hand here, in an uncomfortable way, ... ."

Pluto over Saturn again.

" ...makes awkward jokes about how I'm intimidating. I've never had a boss that shows insecurity like this." Keep reading.

What is behind the Pluto to Saturn and Mars to Uranus responses is an aspect that is not easily found by most. The foundation.

Your natal Desc in Colorado points to 245°35'. It points directly at his Mars/Neptune midpoint. An exact trigger of a weakness in his emotional make-up. Of this combination Bradley in "Solar and Lunar Returns" says "This is another of those "killing" combinations due to its potency for evil-working in the life. Its keywords are "terror" and "betrayal", ... . The native invariably finds himself distraught ... . He has fear-producing premonitions of disaster. ... . Neurotic trends may evidence themselves in the native's make-up, for his emotional pattern is skewed under this vibration. ... and is tormented by fear of ridicule and public disgrace."

That description from Bradley sounds spot-on. There is a constant air of being unsure but trying to hide it. It is not the sort of confidence that is comfortable, but seems afraid. Others have remarked on it, as well. It is like he went to a school that said "this is how you must act to get respect" and he followed all the rules and ticked all the boxes, but yet he still doesn't have that presence that will get him whatever it is he wants.

In crowds, he'll stand in a corner by himself. Even as the manager, he did that at two company parties and it seemed very awkward. He declares openly that he hates people and wishes there were no other people in the world (of course, my first thought was to say, "aren't you in the wrong job, then?" but knowing him that wouldn't go over well!).

If I were to be absolutely honest with myself, it is easy to want to exploit others that compensate by trying to be authoritative. It is a very basal urge that is all-too-human.

Yet, it is more complicated than that. I remember we were at lunch one day when he first started, and we were talking alone. He started to say to me that his father recently passed away, and I got the sense he was in a vulnerable moment. Then someone barged in, yelling for me, and I immediately got up and left. I regretted leaving him with the statement "my father died" hanging in the air... without so much as a word or a glance in return. It was too late to take it back.

You know, betrayal. Maybe it was nothing. I wonder how many nothings it takes until there is a something. Until someone decides they wish people did not exist.

I'm thinking too much about this, but I hate it when someone else can bring out my ugly side.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

Pluto over Saturn again.

I will tell you my relationship with this person is coming to an end soon as I am quitting my job. If I never saw him again, I don't feel I would care very much - but he was very emotional with me when I said I was leaving.

He said he would miss me terribly, that he found me so intriguing and intelligent and funny. I told him once I was gone it would be fine - that he'd find other people he liked to worth with. He said I did not understand, it wouldn't be the same with anyone else and he wanted me to stay. He said he was not above pleading, that he would plead.

Later he presented me with a plot to purchase the business and have me as his partner - if we cut the owner out, and made all our own decisions, if I would be happy. Later he took that one back and said he was just so upset about everything that he wasn't thinking clearly. He said I caused him to lose sleep and he "never loses sleep."

For two weeks, every day, he told me he was going to miss me and didn't want me to leave. He wouldn't stop showering me with compliments, and seemed to want me to express a similar feeling to him in return, which I haven't given. That seemed to make him more distraught, but I'm not going to lie to him about how much I will miss him. I will admit that the sudden attention and possessiveness caused me to feel attracted to him, but I don't think the attraction is genuine.

He absolutely feels betrayed, but I don't know what to do about that. It is a job. I cannot get caught up with him like that.

It is all very strange - I don't know how I end up affecting people so much.

Last edited: