Why doesn't anything good ever happen to me?

Spacefruit

Why? What can I do to change things? I am so unhappy year after year and only bad things happen to me. Everyone is against me.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_me.47841.982.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_me.47841.982.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 55

IleneK

Premium Member
Why? What can I do to change things? I am so unhappy year after year and only bad things happen to me. Everyone is against me.

Hi, Spacefruit.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time of it.

When I look at your chart, I do not see one that has "bad luck" written all over it. Jupiter, the planet connected with good fortune, is in the sign of its debility, but it is in easy aspect to your Sun. So if only bad things happen to you and everyone is against you, I think we need to look at the way you are perceiving things to help us understand why EVERYTHING appears bad to you.

I would begin by noting that your chart has Virgo rising, so you can be highly discerning, but also extremely critical. Scorpio Moon may be mistrusting and Saturn square you Sun also filters your experiences through more severe eyes. So while I do not doubt that lots of bad stuff has come your way, I think the biggest problem is how you see things. Kind of the glass is half empty versus the glass is half full, not to be too simplistic.

Perhaps you might share a little about what has been going on, or the kind of bad stuff that happens, so we would focus in on your chart, but I think the only way you can "change" only bad things from happening to you is to change how you look at things.

Just a quick shot in the dark.

Judy_AzVirgo

I think Ilene has given you good advice.

I'd add that with three planets squaring your Sun, you might be self- defensive... or come across that way to others.

Saturn-Neptune especially could combine to keep you in a rut, feeling unable to break free -- which Uranus wants you to do. So there's a kind of battle going on between those three planets, which would be frustrating to your Sun.

I wonder if down deep inside, you feel you're somehow unworthy of the good things in life? If so, you need to work on that!

Good luck :)

Spacefruit

Hi, Spacefruit.

I am sorry you are having such a tough time of it.

When I look at your chart, I do not see one that has "bad luck" written all over it. Jupiter, the planet connected with good fortune, is in the sign of its debility, but it is in easy aspect to your Sun. So if only bad things happen to you and everyone is against you, I think we need to look at the way you are perceiving things to help us understand why EVERYTHING appears bad to you.

I would begin by noting that your chart has Virgo rising, so you can be highly discerning, but also extremely critical. Scorpio Moon may be mistrusting and Saturn square you Sun also filters your experiences through more severe eyes. So while I do not doubt that lots of bad stuff has come your way, I think the biggest problem is how you see things. Kind of the glass is half empty versus the glass is half full, not to be too simplistic.

Perhaps you might share a little about what has been going on, or the kind of bad stuff that happens, so we would focus in on your chart, but I think the only way you can "change" only bad things from happening to you is to change how you look at things.

Just a quick shot in the dark.

I don't know what to focus on.

It just seems like nothing goes my way. I can't relate to anyone, I have no one to rely on or to talk to. Growing up I was bullied throughout school and I was ostricized at home. I never really got any of the benefits of being around people who cared about me, and I had a lot of trouble relating to or getting on with my peers. Instead of standing up for me at school, my teachers would single me out for punishment and claim that my problem was the fact that I didn't get along well with other people. I had my things stolen and I was publicly humiliated on multiple occasions, and so I'd stand up for myself. Apparently standing up for yourself is not allowed, so who would get into trouble? Me. Also, I had a good track record for understanding multiple subjects. Other students would get specialized attention when they acted out, but even when I prove myself I was ignored or people would go out of their way to choose a trivial reason for why I wasn't "right" for an accelerated or interesting program. At home my mom would complain about things, and even my younger brother would join in on bullying me.

When I went to college it was near home, which is something that I did not want (for obvious reasons) ... My parents have kept a pretty tight grip on my social life- for instance the first time I went to a mall by myself I was a college student. I had to do things in secret to have a normal college life. I changed my course of focus several times against their wishes because I hated laboratory work and I did not want to go into the medical profession. I chose a technological course still (mechanical); it was reasonable to me and I had to complete a heavy course load in a small period of time. My grades suffered further and I of course had added stress from home.

I have tried to turn to writing on several occasions throughout my life, but my mom would always go through my things and read what I had to say on our sorry family and get angry; even though she is at the root of so many of our problems she still acts like she has nothing to do with things. She forced me to go see a school counselor, and when I went home for the summer I got forced to see a psychologist and later a psychiatrist. No one listened to the problems that I'd had; I was having a hard time adjusting to college life, I had friends who used to talk about me behind my back (since ditched them), and I had too much to balance between work and my school work. I was also rejected from every internship I applied to. Everyone that was supposed to "help" me just used the information that they'd gathered against me. My mom threw things in my face that were not true, and I had to get a medication without being consulted for my actual symptoms. So of course I didn't take it. I pulled myself together and went back to school.

I had a miserable time socially and my senior year I just kept to myself.

Even though I chose a major of study that does have growing areas, I have been trying to land a full time job since my graduation. This past week will make it exactly two years since I started trying. I completed contract IT work and then spent a year at an internship after which I didn't get a full time offer (of course) and now I currently work retail, though finding a second job so that I can have money to save has been almost impossible. My life is just this endless parade of frustrations as I try to find a quiet place to work or some privacy to think. Currently I live out of the car that I bought when I was employed in IT since it's easier than trying to find a place and cobble together public transportation since I never know where or when I'll be working next. And after years of being bullied by other women (my mom and my peers) there is no way I would dare live with any of those two-faced witches again.

I have cut all ties w/ anyone that I could. I just get calls from my mom when she wants to complain about our joke of a family (she and my dad are newly minted divorced). It's annoying b/c I continue to be an ear for her to rant to even though I have no one to talk to. I can't even enroll for therapy because (a) I will never trust the clinical b/s system again (b) I don't have the money for co-pay, let alone to pay whatever damages my insurance will nail me with and (c) I think that it's fundamentally flawed for me to have to pay for some service, and waste time there when all of the people who were so nasty to me get off scott-free.

I just don't understand it. I feel completely worthless and I don't know what I could be doing differently. No one tries to see things from my POV; people are just looking for the next time they can be rude to me, and I'm tired of it. None of the ventures that I've tried in the past have been particularly fruitful and I just feel like giving up. There is no where for me to go to recharge. If I believed in a god I would feel cursed. That is honestly how I feel.

I don't know what you mean by "any area of my life". There are no satisfactory areas of my life.

People are always trying to change the way I view things or control some aspect of me, but they don't know about my experiences, and I'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would disagree w/ my "outlook" if they would just take the TIME to know anything before attacking me. The minute I try to relax, something goes wrong.

I think Ilene has given you good advice.

I'd add that with three planets squaring your Sun, you might be self- defensive... or come across that way to others.

Saturn-Neptune especially could combine to keep you in a rut, feeling unable to break free -- which Uranus wants you to do. So there's a kind of battle going on between those three planets, which would be frustrating to your Sun.

I wonder if down deep inside, you feel you're somehow unworthy of the good things in life? If so, you need to work on that!

Good luck :)

I don't know how to stop coming across as self defensive towards others. I feel like I need to defend myself before I have even done anything wrong, or anyone has gotten to know me. I am always atoning for things that I did not do. What would I do to "work on that" what does that mean.

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Until your Saturn return (years from now), it will feel like you have lack of control of what life dishes out your way. Perspective is everything. I have seen others with more challenging charts that have used every aspect as a gift and learned from them. Bullying, especially by teachers seems to be the hallmark of your generation, sorry you had to go through it. Turned around, you know what if is to be singled out and the pain, you understand. You have a gift, Venus is conjunct the Sun! The amount of love and concern in you is monumentally huge. Working with troubled children and charitable usage of time may be a great outlet for you, after all, you know their pain. The Moon trine Mercury is an indicator that emotions can be communicated and writing a perfect venue.

TK

PS, to get over any dysfunctional home issues, consider reading up on co- dependency, so you can get control of life.

Judy_AzVirgo

I don't know how to stop coming across as self defensive towards others. I feel like I need to defend myself before I have even done anything wrong, or anyone has gotten to know me. I am always atoning for things that I did not do. What would I do to "work on that" what does that mean.

Among other things you wrote, these comments looks very much to me like a manifestation of your Aries Sun closely squaring Uranus. From an astrology standpoint, I'd recommend you read up on this square aspect, since it seems to be very active in your life. The descriptions are likely to be very negative, unfortunately, but see if you can find some understanding there.

Also check out Chiron square Venus.

Saturn in Capricorn should be very strong for you, but with Neptune right beside it, the two planets probably have a depressing effect. Nevertheless, read up on that, too.

Also Moon in Scorpio. That's a tough one to live with. But again, it sometimes helps to know that other people go through these difficulties in life.

Self-knowledge is a very useful first step to dealing with difficulties!

d00dle

adding to what wintersprite1 said...you have very strong scorpio and 8th house chart, Sun, Venus, and Mercury in the 8th, and Moon in Scorpio (basically, like moon in the 8th). you said you can't relate to anyone...i feel your pain :(

Spacefruit

Until your Saturn return (years from now), it will feel like you have lack of control of what life dishes out your way. Perspective is everything. I have seen others with more challenging charts that have used every aspect as a gift and learned from them. Bullying, especially by teachers seems to be the hallmark of your generation, sorry you had to go through it. Turned around, you know what if is to be singled out and the pain, you understand. You have a gift, Venus is conjunct the Sun! The amount of love and concern in you is monumentally huge. Working with troubled children and charitable usage of time may be a great outlet for you, after all, you know their pain. The Moon trine Mercury is an indicator that emotions can be communicated and writing a perfect venue.

TK

PS, to get over any dysfunctional home issues, consider reading up on co- dependency, so you can get control of life.

What / when is a Saturn return? D: What am I supposed to do in the 'meantime'!?!

StillOne

What am I supposed to do in the 'meantime'!?!
I would consider studying your chart inside and out. Some astrologers believe life lessons present themselves in the natal chart. Here we see some challenging squares to get to know and more importantly, move beyond. Consider getting to know the beautiful trines and sextiles, as they will give you gifts and talents you can use...

In my opinion, we all have lessons to learn and the faster we can learn them and move beyond, in a healthy way, the better... Unfortunately, sometimes these lessons aren't very easy. Take good care.

Oh, almost forgot... one aspect I found interesting in your chart is that the ruler of the 12th house is in the 8th house... At some point you may want to read up on this.

Last edited:

Spacefruit

I've read all of my aspects before, it didn't help me. I'm asking for something new that will help. No amount of introspection has helped change my life. Everything is still the same; things won't move forward, no matter what I bring to the table.

I'm asking for something new that will help me. When will things change? If it's not soon then it's not important.

StillOne

Virgo18 in another thread put it quite nicely

Quote:
change yourself, and outer things will changes radically. Stop doing things you've been doing all this time. Start doing things you have not done before. Everything changes radically when you change, become a new person and you will be surprised.
You must never wait for others to change.
osho..................
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=311765&postcount=7