Planetary Charity

JUPITERASC

But some consequences are foreseeable, whereas others are not.
Consequently, one can never be absolutely certain about what Effect one is Causing.
For example, the Fossile Fuel industry denies it's causing damage to the Environment
(even as it blows the tops off ancient mountains).
Since we can't be 100% certain Fracking increases the likely-hood of earthquakes, they claim the benefit of the doubt.
'Foreseeability' is not necessarily distinct from Uncertainty :smile:

hsc3512l2.jpg

RaRohini

Hi !

Mother Earth might reply with devastating female energy in the form of natural disasters if the energy scale is severely tipping towards the Male energy 😃. Will reduction of Ego bring about a balance?

david starling

If one saws off the branch one is sitting on, with no other support in place, the odds are good one will fall. If one puts one's hand on a hot stove, the odds are good it will be burned. But, as you say, no effect is an absolute certainty. The ability to make choices based on the best odds is a key factor in Genetic Selection; and we, as a species appear to have lost that ability when it comes to respecting our own environment. Let's hope we're the beneficiaries of our planet's Charity. The outcome isn't certain, but we can certainly hope!

JUPITERASC

Hi !

Mother Earth might reply with devastating female energy in the form of natural disasters if the energy scale is severely tipping towards the Male energy ��. Will reduction of Ego bring about a balance?
As well as individual consequences of individual actions
there are individual consequences of group actions

The law of cause and effect makes no exceptions :smile:
Mother Earths "possible reply" is most likely to be a consequence
of the impersonal law of cause and effect and a multiplicity of interdependent causes and effects

Larxene

You guys might cause this thread to be closed, be careful. XD

The way I approach this is simple: suspend disbelief. Just do it and see what happens. Then do it again. And again. Art is long, but life is short. We can go over again and again what 'magick' or whatever is, how it works etc...but our life is finite. There is truly only one thing that is certain: our eventual death. We are a 'being unto death', as Heidegger puts it. Given that we are handed a life with its own set of problems to solve, to me it makes sense to use whatever tools we can get our hands on to solve them.

More On-Topic:

I have to say, be careful when doing Planetary Charity. If possible, try not to work with the malefic contrary to the sect in your natal chart as your first test. Don't work with a malefic at all at first, in my opinion. So, no Saturn or Mars for your first try.

I have tried this ritual twice so far, and I have been burned BOTH times. The first time, I worked with a benefic of the sect in favour. My roof fell down and I had to replace my bed. Okay, that wasn't so bad. The second time, I worked with a malefic contrary to the sect, and this time, a part of my body got injured. I am still recovering from it.

The effect may not actually be caused by the stars (I can't prove it after all), but still, exercise caution.

Is it worth it? I don't know, I've only done the second trial recently, so no noticeable results yet. I did the first trial like about more than one year ago, and the thing I wished for did happen. But with only one successful trial, I can't confirm its effectiveness. I could very well be committing the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Good luck,

Larxene Xenohart

JUPITERASC

You guys might cause this thread to be closed, be careful. XD
The way I approach this is simple: suspend disbelief.
Just do it and see what happens.
Then do it again. And again.
Art is long, but life is short. We can go over again and again what 'magick' or whatever is, how it works etc...but our life is finite.
There is truly only one thing that is certain: our eventual death.
We are a 'being unto death', as Heidegger puts it.
Given that we are handed a life with its own set of problems to solve,
to me it makes sense to use whatever tools we can get our hands on to solve them.
Certainly makes sense to at least investigate the notion of planetary charity
More On-Topic:

I have to say, be careful when doing Planetary Charity.
If possible, try not to work with the malefic contrary to the sect in your natal chart as your first test.
Don't work with a malefic at all at first, in my opinion.
So, no Saturn or Mars for your first try.

I have tried this ritual twice so far, and I have been burned BOTH times.
The first time, I worked with a benefic of the sect in favour. My roof fell down and I had to replace my bed.
Okay, that wasn't so bad. The second time, I worked with a malefic contrary to the sect,
and this time, a part of my body got injured. I am still recovering from it.

The effect may not actually be caused by the stars
(I can't prove it after all), but still, exercise caution.
Always good advice to exercise caution
also interesting to consider the fact that
it is possible that your working with a benefic of the sect in favor
MITIGATED an otherwise potentially even worse experience :smile:

Is it worth it? I don't know, I've only done the second trial recently, so no noticeable results yet.
I did the first trial like about more than one year ago, and the thing I wished for did happen.
But with only one successful trial, I can't confirm its effectiveness.
I could very well be committing the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Good luck,

Larxene Xenohart
Perhaps "ordinary non-planetary charity"
such as giving alms to the needy
is safer

conspiracy theorist

I have to say, be careful when doing Planetary Charity. If possible, try not to work with the malefic contrary to the sect in your natal chart as your first test. Don't work with a malefic at all at first, in my opinion. So, no Saturn or Mars for your first try.

I have tried this ritual twice so far, and I have been burned BOTH times. The first time, I worked with a benefic of the sect in favour. My roof fell down and I had to replace my bed. Okay, that wasn't so bad. The second time, I worked with a malefic contrary to the sect, and this time, a part of my body got injured. I am still recovering from it.

The effect may not actually be caused by the stars (I can't prove it after all), but still, exercise caution.

Is it worth it? I don't know, I've only done the second trial recently, so no noticeable results yet. I did the first trial like about more than one year ago, and the thing I wished for did happen. But with only one successful trial, I can't confirm its effectiveness. I could very well be committing the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Good luck,

Larxene Xenohart

I'm paraphrasing heavily here but in the Picatrix it says that you can face grievous consequences if you are not "fit" to partake in the rituals that are laid out throughout the book. Maybe that's why those things happened to when you undertook the planetary charity.I mean your roof falling down? That's something you don't hear about everyday.

I haven't tried anything out and out myself but I do see myself experimenting with planetary charity and other astro magic in the future. I have access to the Picatrix and Ficino's works so the intent is to get comfortable with the concepts before I jump into the deep end and regret what I find there (like collapsing the roof of my house :whistling:).

Atm, I'm interested in talismans and I have been making some elections that correspond to positions that the Picatrix gives. IIRC this particularly talisman was to give you success and riches in all your endeavours and it involved the ruler of the 1st, 2nd, 10th, 8th and p.o.f all fortunate and connected without any impediment from malefics.I was able to pinpoint a date some time in 2022 when Jupiter is in Pisces (figured the greater benefic would be the best planet to centre it around plus it's the most dignified in my chart overall). Maybe by then I'll have the ability to make use of that short window of time.

Good advice about staying away from the malefics although I have a particular attraction to those Mars Talismans that are on the renaissanceastrology site. The exorbitant prices are unfortunate although I understand the special niche and service provided aren't exactly saturating the market.

Cool thread

Last edited:

Larxene

Hello JupiterASC,

Perhaps working with the benefic did mitigate it, though the first working was over a year ago, so I find it a bit doubtful.

Hmm, the needy and poor are the domains of Saturn. I don't know what kind of effect it would give if you were to do it without any particular timing. Though the known religions have encouraged us to do so when able.

---

TIP: For those of you who are not familiar with planetary days and hours, let me explain it briefly.

But before that, if you just wanna do the ritual without needing to understand, here are the tools I use for determining planetary days and hours:

1. http://www.astrology.com.tr/planetary-hours.asp
2. https://sites.google.com/site/tradmorinus/morinus

Once upon a time, a 'day' was determined to be the period between one Sunrise to the next Sunrise. The Sunrise that occurs every modern-day Monday marks the beginning of the day of the Moon, whereas when the Sun rises on Tuesday, it will mark the start of Mars' day. And so on.

So this is the order:

Monday: Moon
Tuesday: Mars
Wednesday: Mercury
Thursday: Jupiter
Friday: Venus
Saturday: Saturn
Sunday: Sun

As for planetary hours, the above definition of a 'day' is divided into 24 equal sections (24 'planetary hours'), and each period is given to a particular planet, according to the Chaldean order. The Chaldean order is: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon. To remember the Chaldean order, start from the star farthest away from the Earth to the closest. (The planetary days are actually kind of based on the same order, but that's just unnecessary trivia for now. :))

So let's say it's a Monday. This is Moon-day. Thus, in Sunrise, the first hour belongs to the Moon, the second hour is Saturn's, then Jupiter, then Mars, and so on. When one cycle has been completed, the pattern repeats. Since there are 7 stars, the eighth hour will be the Moon's again, the ninth Saturn's etc.

For more info: http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/planetaryhoursarticle.html

Hope this helps,

Larxene Xenohart

JUPITERASC

Hello JupiterASC,

Perhaps working with the benefic did mitigate it,
though the first working was over a year ago, so I find it a bit doubtful.
Experience is linked to consequences of our actions
so then
the fact that
you worked with the benefic
may have had an eventual consequence of mitigating the experience

but
as you say
it's not possible to say with any certainty :smile:

Hmm, the needy and poor are the domains of Saturn.
I don't know what kind of effect it would give if you were to do it without any particular timing.
Though the known religions have encouraged us to do so when able.
Yet people give to the poor and needy all the time
for example to homeless street people
without any particular timing
and with neither knowledge nor awareness of the concept of planetary charity

JUPITERASC

I'm paraphrasing heavily here but in the Picatrix it says that
you can face grievous consequences
if
you are not "fit" to partake in the rituals
that are laid out throughout the book

Maybe that's why those things happened to when you undertook the planetary charity.
I mean your roof falling down?
That's something you don't hear about everyday.
Also maybe the roof could have fallen down irrespective of planetary charity ritual
after all, its most probable that the roof was weak to begin with

I haven't tried anything out and out myself
but I do see myself experimenting with planetary charity and other astro magic in the future.
I have access to the Picatrix and Ficino's works
so the intent is to get comfortable with the concepts
before I jump into the deep end and regret what I find there
(like collapsing the roof of my house
:whistling:).
Not as much fun as "leaping without looking"
but
good idea to "look before you leap" :smile:

Atm, I'm interested in talismans and I have been making some elections that correspond to positions that the Picatrix gives.
IIRC this particularly talisman was to give you success and riches in all your endeavours
and it involved the ruler of the 1st, 2nd, 10th, 8th and p.o.f all fortunate and connected
without any impediment from malefics.
I was able to pinpoint a date some time in 2022
when Jupiter is in Pisces
(figured the greater benefic would be the best planet to centre it around plus it's the most dignified in my chart overall).
Maybe by then I'll have the ability to make use of that short window of time.
Certainly could be a "metaphorical minefield"
but worth investigating

Good advice about staying away from the malefics
although I have a particular attraction to those Mars Talismans that are on the renaissanceastrology site.
The exorbitant prices are unfortunate
although I understand the special niche and service provided aren't exactly saturating the market.

Cool thread
They're knowledgeable on creating the talismans
and
that knowledge most likely was obtained at a price to themselves

It's interesting subject matter to study

however
it makes sense that proceeding while keeping in mind the various horrible warnings
of what could happen
if one is not "fit" to partake in the rituals
are kept in mind
so - good idea to find out the criteria for "fitness"

RaRohini

As well as individual consequences of individual actions
there are individual consequences of group actions

The law of cause and effect makes no exceptions :smile:
Mother Earths "possible reply" is most likely to be a consequence
of the impersonal law of cause and effect and a multiplicity of interdependent causes and effects

Hope she is charitable towards us !!

JUPITERASC

Hope she is charitable towards us !!
clearly
the law of cause and effect makes no exceptions

therefore
rather than "hoping for planetary charity from Mother Earth"

one needs to keep in mind that

Mother Earth responds according to cause and effect

therefore
one needs to act to treat Mother Earth with the same charity
that one hopes for from Mother Earth
:smile:
that is clearly common sense

david starling

Hope, Faith, and Charity. The hope isn't about Earth's charity. It's about changing our behavior as a species. In that regard, our collective ability to overcome the forces (whatever they may be) that are CAUSING us, as a species, to treat the Earth with such flagrant disregard is what's in question. Losing faith, here. Heaven help us!

JUPITERASC

Hope, Faith, and Charity.
The hope isn't about Earth's charity.
It's about changing our behavior as a species
A species is composed of individuals :smile:
unless each individual changes behavior
then as a species
behavior does not change

In that regard,
our collective ability to overcome the forces
(whatever they may be)
Collective ability
is based on
individual ability
(whatever that ability may be)

that are CAUSING us,
as a species,
to treat the Earth with such flagrant disregard
is what's in question.
It is obvious that the cause of treating Earth "with such flagrant disregard"
is clearly
collective ignorance of the consequences of doing so

Losing faith, here.
Heaven help us!
Faith gives comfort during challenging times
however
faith alone is insufficient
individual action is required

Those who are able to swim
because they took the trouble to learn to swim
are able to assist those who are drowning

but those who did not bother to learn to swim
risk drowning
because
quite simply help is not always available

david starling

Sink or swim. This thread is about using techniques on an individual basis to strengthen one's ability to stay afloat and get where you need and want to go. But the world of those who "make the rules, for the wise men, and the fools"* revolves around money and power. They are immune to the suffering and devastating effects their actions are causing, and millions upon millions of ignorant members of our species follow them willingly. Makes individual effort seem...woefully inadequate under these circumstances. Our Social Conscience needs a boost, or else it appears our species is going under.

*Bob Dylan

RaRohini

Sink or swim. This thread is about using techniques on an individual basis to strengthen one's ability to stay afloat and get where you need and want to go. But the world of those who "make the rules, for the wise men, and the fools"* revolves around money and power. They are immune to the suffering and devastating effects their actions are causing, and millions upon millions of ignorant members of our species follow them willingly. Makes individual effort seem...woefully inadequate under these circumstances. Our Social Conscience needs a boost, or else it appears our species is going under.

*Bob Dylan

True ! We can change ourselves ..but the world at large seems to be powerless against the narcissists who want to charge ahead with their narrow agenda, unaware or unconcerned about the effects on nature and other species.
All corporates in the world now are set up only for earning profit. Name one global corporate with 'common good' as their agenda. Obviously only narcissists head these corporates and in turn hire other narcissits and so on. The people at the top lead jet setting lives with their profuts and the people at the bottom try to have their piece of cake ..like hyenas after a kill.There is no place for a person here who doesnt have profit as agenda. The same applies to governments. All these people need to get their egos blown off.
Sorry for rant.. couldnt help it.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Sink or swim.
This thread is about using techniques on an individual basis to strengthen one's ability to stay afloat
and get where you need and want to go.
Those techniques may be useful
to any individual who wishes to check these out
while obviously heeding the various cautions
highlighted by conspiracy theorist
:smile:
True ! We can change ourselves
And tens of millions are working on individual change
- better to do that
than worry about the actions of other people
But the world of those who "make the rules, for the wise men, and the fools"*
revolves around money and power.
They are immune to the suffering and devastating effects their actions are causing,
and millions upon millions of ignorant members of our species follow them willingly.
Makes individual effort seem...woefully inadequate under these circumstances.
Our Social Conscience needs a boost, or else it appears our species is going under.

*Bob Dylan
Species are going extinct daily
so maybe time to accept transience

..but the world at large seems to be powerless against the narcissists who want to charge ahead with their narrow agenda,
unaware or unconcerned about the effects on nature and other species.
All corporates in the world now are set up only for earning profit.
Name one global corporate with 'common good' as their agenda.
Obviously only narcissists head these corporates and in turn hire other narcissits and so on.
The people at the top lead jet setting lives with their profuts and the people at the bottom try to have their piece of cake
..like hyenas after a kill.
There is no place for a person here who doesnt have profit as agenda.
The same applies to governments.
All these people need to get their egos blown off.
Sorry for rant.. couldnt help it.
Nil Desperandum

david starling

If you believe we, as a species, are interconnected in a "Collective Unconscious" manner, then encouraging the Benefics in one's own situation could, in theory, radiate outward, causing a beneficial effect on others as well. But I wouldn't attempt to decrease the power of the Maleific duo (Saturn/Mars), which thrives on resistance and is always ready to up the ante.
[IMO]The use of the Chakras as you, personally, can relate them to your own Chart configuration, is important to a safe exploration of Planetary Charity.

Last edited: