Cusp compatibility

megg

What crossed my mind today was wouldn't compatibility be difficult between somebody on a cusp and somebody with their sun in one sign. It would probably be down to other signs on the chart, right? Sorry if it's a silly question... was just wondering :)

comdoc

Hi Megg,

Depends on orb from exact aspect. I have Sun in 25 Aries, and am romantically attracted to early (first 5 degrees or so) Taurus Suns. Orb between Suns that I use is 10 degrees. Another example: former fiance 2nd degree Cancer Venus is conjunct my 29th degree Gemini Moon. :love:

megg

Hi Megg,

Depends on orb from exact aspect. I have Sun in 25 Aries, and am romantically attracted to early (first 5 degrees or so) Taurus Suns. Orb between Suns that I use is 10 degrees. Another example: former fiance 2nd degree Cancer Venus is conjunct my 29th degree Gemini Moon. :love:

Great, thank you! :)

tenacapcious

What crossed my mind today was wouldn't compatibility be difficult between somebody on a cusp and somebody with their sun in one sign. It would probably be down to other signs on the chart, right? Sorry if it's a silly question... was just wondering :)

It's not a silly question but it's hard to give a simple answer.:smile: Yes, you'd have to look at the whole synastry between the two individuals. On some sites they list or even color code how compatible each sign is with the other signs and fx. my Cap Sun is at 0,04 degrees/Sag-Cap cusp/1,5 hrs. into Capricorn Sun (my chart is on my profile) and when I look at those charts, at least based on my experience, I've been more compatible with the signs - usually Air and Fire signs - that these cook book astrologers think are a good match for Sagittarius. I didn't mean to sound condescending, cook book astrologers was just short hand for the type of sites most of us go to first when we begin to learn about astrology, and there's nothing wrong in that.

OT - I feel like I have to post happy smileys after every paragraph or sentence, just in case my "tone" gets misunderstood by any readers.

All of that said, I do have Mars in Sagittarius. So maybe that simply explains what I've experienced when it comes to compatibility.

megg

It's not a silly question but it's hard to give a simple answer.:smile: Yes, you'd have to look at the whole synastry between the two individuals. On some sites they list or even color code how compatible each sign is with the other signs and fx. my Cap Sun is at 0,04 degrees/Sag-Cap cusp/1,5 hrs. into Capricorn Sun (my chart is on my profile) and when I look at those charts, at least based on my experience, I've been more compatible with the signs - usually Air and Fire signs - that these cook book astrologers think are a good match for Sagittarius. I didn't mean to sound condescending, cook book astrologers was just short hand for the type of sites most of us go to first when we begin to learn about astrology, and there's nothing wrong in that.

OT - I feel like I have to post happy smileys after every paragraph or sentence, just in case my "tone" gets misunderstood by any readers.

All of that said, I do have Mars in Sagittarius. So maybe that simply explains what I've experienced when it comes to compatibility.

Oh right, I get it now! Thanks for the explanation:)