chronic skin condition

ariesgurl

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and new to astrology. I noticed others have posted about skin conditions and I too suffer from this. I get re-occuring boils/cysts in my armpits and groin/thigh area. I dont know what the cause is and no treatment works. Can someone please read my chart and advise whether there is indication of skin problems. Not even sure if this is just a skin problem, it may be disease of the sweat glands/hair follicles. Please also advise if this is a temporary condition or lifelong. I want relief as it is very painful and depressing. I have also been told that I have 3 fixed stars. Is this relevant?

Thanks in advance,

Ariesgurl

Last edited:

dr. farr

Although I am an alternative health practitioner, nonetheless I believe it is always important to first obtain the physical diagnosis (if any) of a given condition by consulting a licensed MD-then, once that is in hand, other methods for deeper (causal) analysis (such as astrology) as well as possible alternative healing methods, can be undertaken. So, please check with your MD and then let us know what the MD's take on the condition might be...

ariesgurl

Hi Dr. farr

I have been to the doctor and dermatologist and the condition is most likely Hidradenitis Suppurativa. There is no known cure/cause only superficial treatment that may or may not work.(so far nothing has really worked for me) This condition just appeared one day and comes and goes at random so just wondering if my chart can bring some enlightenment...

thnx

dr. farr

Thanks for the information; certainly this condition is a hard one. Do you happen to remember when the first "bump" appeared? Or, if not, when you first went to the MD for the problem?
The periodicity of the eruptions show an affinity to the Moon, and secondarily to Mercury; the skin (deeper tissues of the skin, and including hair follicles) being affected points to Saturn, and the decidedly inflammatory nature of the eruptions to Mars. In the natal chart (taken in whole sign house format) the 6th house of health is under Mercury, and Mercury itself is placed in Aries, under dispositorship of Mars; Mars is strong, in its own sign, and disposits both the Sun and Venus (Venus, connected with healing processes, is combust the Sun, as well as being under Mars-this could show a predisposition to inflammatory processes and at the same time an inhibition of healing processes, to a certain extent-hence, "the eruptions come and go but never finally resolve"; additionally, the Fire element appears to dominate in this nativity, adding to the inflammations-tendency) Mars also square the ascendant, possibly more indication of inflammatory affections of the skin (taking the ascendant's ruler, Saturn, as significator for the skin) The ascending sign is disposited by Saturn, which is prominent at the top of the chart and in opposition to the Moon. Moon is also in the 8th house, thus anatomically connected with the hormonal system (which is often a co-factor in your medical condition, according to conventional medicine) The episodic Uranus (sudden comings) is posited in Scorpio, which sign also is related to the hormonal situation due to its endocrine system affinity.

So, although the above is just superficial, perhaps we can see a predisposition to this kind of problem. But I would like to see if you have the dates of first appearance of the problem, or first diagnosis of the condition, for any additional hints which they might reveal.

ariesgurl

Thanks dr. farr for your analysis. What you are pointing out seems to make sense.

I dont remember the exact date of when this condition started as I didnt think anything of it at the time but I am pretty certain that it first appeared in the first half of 2006. I didnt see a doctor/derm about it until 2008 (June im thinking). My worst times of flare was when it first started in 2006 (cant remember month), Feb 2008, and now in 2010 (May - present). Every 2 years!?!?! Other than these times it hasnt really bothered me much. Is there anyway for me to make my venus stronger and mars/saturn weaker? Or do I have to turn to vedic astrology for suggestions on this?

thnx,

ariesgurl

Frisiangal

Hi,
I'm of a similar opinion to Dr. Farr regarding the astrological factors for the disorder. I would also add the effect of Pluto in its opposition to natal Mars-Sun, thus forming a T-square to Capricorn Ascendant.

It is a pity that you are so new to astrology, Ariesgurl, as you could otherwise surely pick out the theme that is manifesting in a physical disorder.
Mercury-Saturn could imply a 'keep the mouth shut' regarding matters of importance to you for the sake of Libra peace and harmony.
Mercury moves very quickly and reached your Mars-Pluto opposition when you were about 7. This may have seen the beginning and underlying cause of your complaint. Mars in Aries can flare up in anger, Pluto can become enraged and furious? If Pluto (controlling power) also 'puts a lid on it', the energy can seethe inside and fester (puss). It's like a volcano just waiting to erupt but is not able to do so.

You may find that when you are able to talk to someone about what is constantly festering inside you that has not yet found release, your disorder can clear itself up. A time of self awareness is approaching, through which you can put 'childhood' in all its forms behind you and perceive things through the eyes of maturity.

Good luck to you.

ariesgurl

Wow Frisiangal, you have given me much to think about. Looks like I have a large task ahead of me. You are right though, I do have a lot festering inside and have for a long, long time. I dont even know how to begin putting those things to rest. I am trying to remember if anything significant happened to me at the age of 7 but then again most of my childhood/young adult life has been traumatic!

Frisiangal

I dont remember the exact date of when this condition started as I didnt think anything of it at the time but I am pretty certain that it first appeared in the first half of 2006. I didnt see a doctor/derm about it until 2008 (June im thinking). My worst times of flare was when it first started in 2006 (cant remember month), Feb 2008, and now in 2010 (May - present). Every 2 years!?!?!

Hi again,
'Every 2 years' immediately made me think of the approx. 18 month or so transit of Mars.

Early 2006 Mars transited Taurus, where it activated the Chiron (inner pain?) square Moon.
In June 2008, it was transiting Leo, thus activating the Moon-Chiron square,
During 2009, it had a particularly long sojourn in Leo again, activating Moon again between November and January 2010. The final pass over Moon was in May 2010.

More than just coincidence?

Such might otherwise have been only 'days of flared emotions', were it not for the fact that your progressed Mars (its motion per day after your birth is equivalent to a year of life) has also entered Taurus and has been in a long term 'tension aspect' with your natal Jupiter-Saturn.

One might say that each time Mars goes through Aries to activate your natal planets and their aspects, some kind of action is required from you.
Unfortunately, Mars can often represent the opposite sex in a female chart, whereby the moon's emotions might undergo a reaction to an action from them. Both Moon and Mars have close associations with how you act in, and deal within relationships.

Transit Mars moves on, enters Taurus, that works on and through the new ideas which Aries begins. It meets up with progressed Mars, working hard towards some kind of physical safety and security. Yet if the physical security Taurus seeks through fact, commitment and being 'settled' does not occur as one wants, how would one's emotional nature then react to all the ungrounded desires that Aries had in its head? It could relate to 'anger management' that finds an outlet (erupts) through your skin. Manage the one and you manage the other.:wink:

Are you assertive in any way? So much Arian and Fire energy needs a way to express itself in a positive manner, whilst Capricorn can help provide discipline for the otherwise uncontrollable energy. Any sort of physical exercise is good for Mars, whilst it loves competitive sport whether track, mud wrestling or punch bag boxing!! All that inherent Arian energy through Capricorn Ascendant would be especially good for the control and discipline found in martial art training. And 'weight-lifting' in more than one sense of the words???

Maybe if you can find an outlet to channel all that is going on inside more directly, the next transit of Mars through the fire signs will pass unnoticed except through the progress you have made in the value you have learnt to place upon yourself (Neptune in Sagittarius, nodal axis??)

ariesgurl

Id love to take up some sort of physical activity but since I got this damned disease I am not able to. Sweating aggravates my condition, which leads to further frustration :annoyed:

dr. farr

Gentle Yogic work (in a cool environment) might be an answer to help along the physical activity lines.

Jupiter and Venus (qualities) will modify the Mars/Saturn influences; I think Venus most of all, as it has affinity to beautifiul skin and to the processes of soothing and healing in general. This means, among other things, that the conscious cultivation of the positive emotions and outlook/attitudes described under Jupiter and Venus (in the astrological literature) would likely go a long way (over time) in correcting the dynamic root causes (in the energy field) of this problem. I do think the keynotes, astrologically, are Venus first and foremost, backed up by Jupiter, on all levels (outlook; also relating to natural medicinal agents such as herbs, aroma's, incense, flower essences, metals, colors, crystals, and so on) Equally, learning from the astrological literature about the NEGATIVE emotions, outlook and attitudes connected with Mars, Saturn and (I think also) Mercury, and consciously avoiding these negatives involving these planets, would also be important, over the long run, in correcting the dynamic (subtle energetic) basis of your problem.

Just a few thoughts...

ariesgurl

Thanks for all the suggestions. Its a lot to take in and a bit overwhelming for me since im so new to astrology. The only question I have left about this is, how long will I have to endure this disease? Is it lifelong or will it subside at some point (without me doing anything of course). In the vedic forum it was suggested to me that it is something that is going to persist for years. Is the same thing indicated according to western astrology as well?

thnx,

ariesgurl

dr. farr

Although many will disagree, it is my sincere belief (largely based on actual experience) that disruptive, imbalanced states can be modified both in their intensity and their length of duration, by correcting the dynamic causes (including most importantly the predisposing astrological influences) at their root, by appropriate dynamic means, actions, remedies, and timing...

ariesgurl

I agree with Dr Farrs veiw, if you believe that fate will not allow you to overcome your condition then you probably wont overcome it in the near future, on the other hand if you believe that you can overcome your condition and take action and modify your behaviour to ensure the best chance of recovery then you are much more likely to improve and hopefully totally beat this condition. People who I know who beat cancer for instance do this by lifestyle changes combined with serious thought on what their body/mind needs to recover, they change their diet, and eliminate anything that is going to damage them further, wether thats a relationship that is stressing them out, their career, or overly processed foods full of additives that our bodies generally don't need or want, and by stopping smoking/drinking alcohol etc.

I definitely dont think that this disease is going to take over my life and I strongly believe that this disease is not in my fate. Yes, it may be something I will have to deal with but I believe in time it will subside for good. I am going to try everything possible in order to remedy my problem. Am very thankful for all your wonderful suggestions and insight. I hope I will be able to use all this knowledge to my advantage.

ariesgurl

dr. farr

From the natal chart, astro-medically it seems clear that Venus must be supported; the self-healing nature of Venus and its relationship to beauty (and secondary relationship to the skin, after Saturn) indicates (to me) that this planetary quality is the most important one to support (a strong Venus also modifies Mars-cause of inflammatory conditions)

How to support Venus?
-read about the positive qualities of Venus and will yourself to emulate them in your actions and reactions
-read about Venus-affinitive colors and use them on and around yourself
-find out about Venus-affinitive crystals and wear them, or use them by elixir
-go to my thread about Medicinal Herbs in the "Traditional Astrology" section of skyscript, and get the list of Venus-affinitive herbs; then read about each of them and see if one or more of them are specifically indicated for therapeutic purposes in your own situation.

Basically, find out all you can about the + qualities of Venus, and then bring those + Venusian qualities directly into your field...

aquarius7000

Hi,
Can someone please read my chart and advise whether there is indication of skin problems. Not even sure if this is just a skin problem, it may be disease of the sweat glands/hair follicles....
I will answer very briefly giving some pointers that jumped out at me, and, which I have noted also in other cases with skin problems.

You have a congregation of planets in Aries- a sign infamous for inflammations and rashes, just like its ruling planet, Mars. Mars in Aries is most powerful and 'heated' up, and this strong Mars closely conjuncts your Aries Sun (basic health disposition/ well-being). This 'agressive' Mars is further mal-affected by Pluto's opposition (Pluto is known for infections, often of the persistent kind, and that are not easy to handle, but not impossible). Both, Pluto and Mars, are linked with Scorpio that, in turn, is connected with one's private organs.

Further, Saturn (rules skin and limit-ations) which, in your case, though weakened through being retrograde in your natal chart, is still strong through its exaltation in Libra, aspects both your Moon (personal well-being, emotional health, if you so will) plus your Mercury, which rules your 6th house (physical sickness). This Saturn also rules your Ascendant (Asc marks off the 1st house- connected with physical health and general physical make-up). Your Asc is also widely squared by that agressive Mars. Briefly, in 2006, you had Saturn conj your Moon, which surely was one of the triggering factors for the onset of the condition. The recent recurrence of that condition could have been due to the combo of Mars having crossed your natal Moon plus Pluto aspecting your 6th-house ruler, Mercury, and also your Asc-ruler, Saturn very closely. Generally, astrologically speaking, I have more often than not seen natives with either a Capricorn Asc or Sat in the first house, and with a Sat-Mars connection in their chart with some sort on skin or bone malady.

Try Yoga, if you will. It helps tremendously emotionally and mentally; oftentimes also physically and physiologically.

Wish you much comfort and easy recovery from this condition.

:)AQ7

Claire19

We all have fixed stars as such but I dont use them...
You are ruled by Capricorn and Saturn which deals with the organ of skin.
I feel with Libra involved with Jupiter etc that you need a good liver cleanse and that your sugar function has to be addressed. Kidneys and adrenals etc.
If you eat a lot of sweet food then it has to be cut down I would suggest.
Have you been checked for diabetes by the way or blood sugar??
THe armpits and groin are a primary toxin outlet. A woman consultant or health professional will be advantageous to you in helping to heal. A well aspected Moon in the 7th.....She may be a Leo type or sun sign. Look out for her....:smile:

You have a good Neptune on the 12th cusp which indicates that you will get the right treatment.

Do you suffer from allergies such as sinus?? If so this is all part of it. I feel your nerves or nerve endings are involved.

ariesgurl

We all have fixed stars as such but I dont use them...
You are ruled by Capricorn and Saturn which deals with the organ of skin.
I feel with Libra involved with Jupiter etc that you need a good liver cleanse and that your sugar function has to be addressed. Kidneys and adrenals etc.
If you eat a lot of sweet food then it has to be cut down I would suggest.
Have you been checked for diabetes by the way or blood sugar??
THe armpits and groin are a primary toxin outlet. A woman consultant or health professional will be advantageous to you in helping to heal. A well aspected Moon in the 7th.....She may be a Leo type or sun sign. Look out for her....:smile:

You have a good Neptune on the 12th cusp which indicates that you will get the right treatment.

Do you suffer from allergies such as sinus?? If so this is all part of it. I feel your nerves or nerve endings are involved.

Well, looks like the whole UNIVERSE is against me! hehe....

I do eat a lot of sugar and junk but have decided to change my diet completely to see if that gives me any results. I have not had my blood sugar checked but will definitely talk to the doc about it next time. I dont have any known allergies but I do have sinus issues every now and then. A woman healer? hmmm, I will definitely keep an eye out or actively try and seek one out. Thanks so much for the info. Also, thank you to you as well AQ7 for your interpretation.

Claire19

Well, looks like the whole UNIVERSE is against me! hehe....

I do eat a lot of sugar and junk but have decided to change my diet completely to see if that gives me any results. I have not had my blood sugar checked but will definitely talk to the doc about it next time. I dont have any known allergies but I do have sinus issues every now and then. A woman healer? hmmm, I will definitely keep an eye out or actively try and seek one out. Thanks so much for the info. Also, thank you to you as well AQ7 for your interpretation.
Hi there

Good idea to cut down on the sugar is my strong feeling. Getting your blood sugar readings done is a very good thing too. Dont want to scare you but prevention is better than cure.....

ariesgurl

Its been a while since I got on here, but I thought I would post an update on my condition for those of you who took the time and effort to respond to my query. I am still suffering from this condition. Since I first posted on here about it, it got quite worse but in the last month there has been a tiny bit of improvement...