Lottery winners!

Summery Joy

Well, it's all about odds. And people with better odds are those who take more risks. This is what you need to find in the chart; the will to run risks.

VENUS

well, i would assume if you had jupiter in sag. in the 5th house, you could have some luck with that...i dont gamble that often because i have really bad luck...( mars in pisces in the 5th house...)

GemCap1

Lottery

Thanks for both your replies. It is probably abit of both, the odds are the more logical side of 'luck' and I agree that Jupiter in Sag in the 5th house perhaps conjunct venus (ruler of money) is almost a guaranteed win!! I''ll just have to cross my fingers I guess!

GemCap1

alliewar

Well my friend plays poker for a living, dropped out of highschool when he was 18 because he was making money gambling. He has a lot of money, he just wins and wins, hes so lazy impulsive and indulgent, hes like a 2 year old with a credit card. His life is very interesting...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_12_kon.13965.5287.gif
    astro_2gw_12_kon.13965.5287.gif
    26 KB · Views: 170

Deirdre

your frend+s jupiter has no negative aspects - that must be it!

Do you guys place importance to asteroids??I DO! Try to look at your asteroid Midas.

in my chart i have Jup in Sag placed in the 3rd,cj Uranus. i guess that is not so bad...sextile my ASC.but unfortunately receives a square from Venus.

MIDAS cj my MC and NN- sextile Venus and trine Saturn/Pluto

ODDLY enough...i have a strong intuition that one day i will win sth BIG :)

natasa812

VENUS said:
well, i would assume if you had jupiter in sag. in the 5th house, you could have some luck with that...i dont gamble that often because i have really bad luck...( mars in pisces in the 5th house...)

Dear Venus,
I have Jupiter in Sagittarius but in 10th and I must say that I risk a lot and I took a lot of risks in my career and all of them were successful - I mean, I never lost whenever I took that risk...
My 5th is ruled by Moon and Moon is in Virgo - not much of a ``risky`` sign...and generaly, I do not gamble. I sometimes play lotto (only the smallest amount - the simple combination of numbers), and I usualy win 2-3 euros :( But, my Moon trines Venus so maybe I should keep trying... :)

barthelemy

VENUS said:

kindda, the same here: jupiter in aries in 5th house and mars 9th in virgo.
risks (sag in 1st house) are really exiting for me though:rolleyes: but not always best

Kerrie

Deirdre said:
Do you guys place importance to asteroids??I DO! Try to look at your asteroid Midas.

Can you give more info on midas and how it effects? i have it conjunct the 2nd... so Im interested now :) Oh and it trines the north node in the 5th.

lalalaheidi87

it is not "all about odds" its about luck, which does exist. and alliewar's friends chart proves it. sag sun, sag rising, and moon on jupiter. as well no hard aspects whatsoever. this persons life is nothing about "odds". i would go so far to say that odds do not exist. emotion sways odds.

Deirdre

this is the greek story of MIDAS:

"Mythological possessor of the "Midas touch", the power to transmute whatever he touched into gold.
Midas was a king of Phrygia, a region nowadays part of Turkey. One day some of his farmhands brought him a satyr they had caught napping in the vineyard. This creature, part man, part goat, still groggy and much the worse for wear, had been thoroughly trussed up to keep him from escaping. Midas immediately recognized Silenus, right-hand satyr to the god Dionysus, and ordered him set free.

Silenus explained that he and his master had just returned from the East where they had been engaged in spreading the cultivation of the grape. Dionysus had brought back a tiger or two, an ever-expanding flock of followers and one very drunken satyr. Silenus had conked out in Midas's vineyard to sleep it off. Now he was grateful to the king for treating him with dignity, and so was Dionysus. The god was so pleased, in fact, that he offered to grant whatever Midas should wish for.
Now, you didn't get to rule a kingdom in those days without a pretty active grasp of what makes for a successful economy. Midas didn't have to think twice. As the simplest plan for the constant replenishment of the royal treasury, he asked that everything he touch be turned to gold.
Arching a godly eyebrow, Dionysus went so far as to ask if Midas were sure. To which the king instantly replied, "Sure I'm sure." So Dionysus waved his pinebranch sceptre and conferred the boon.
And Midas rushed back Home to try it out. Tentatively at first, he laid a trembling fingertip upon a bowl of fruit and then a stool and then a wooly lambkin. And when each of these had been transmuted in a trice into purest gold, the king began to caper about like the lambkin before its transformation.
"Just look at this!" he crowed, turning his chariot into a glittering mass of priceless-though-worthless transportation. "Look what daddy can do!" he cried, taking his young daughter by the hand to lead her into the garden for a lesson in making dewy nature gleam with a monotonous but more valuable sheen.
Encountering unexpected resistance, he swung about to see why his daughter was being such a slug. Whereupon his eyes encountered, where late his child had been, a life-size golden statue that might have been entitled "Innocence Surprised".
"Uh oh," said Midas, and from that point on the uh-oh's multiplied. He couldn't touch any useful object without it losing in utility what it gained in monetary value, nor any food without it shedding all nutritional potency on its leaden way down his gullet. In short, Midas came to understand why Dionysus had looked askance when asked to grant the favor. Fortunately, the god was a good sport about it. He allowed Midas to wash away his magic touch in the river Pactolus, which ever after enjoyed renown for its shimmering deposits of gold.

alliewar

Jenna Jupiter said:
Together with good saturn!
Saturn in the fifth house is "evil" according from so many i can't count.
"Limited"
"Unlucky"
"Careful"
I just want to puke!:(

/JJ
Saturn in the fifth isn't so bad.. my brother has saturn in the fifth and the way it would apply to him would be he takes his art very seriously, which is acting, it also took him time (keyword for saturn) to realize his creative potential. Hes not unlucky, maybe its the sagittarius sun, or limited in fun or creativity in anyway. But i can say that he feels like hes limited in fun and not as talented in acting, he has doubts.

Awakened_Pisces

Midas is in my fifth house of Art, Creation, all temporary and fun things. It has seperating trines with the Moon/Mercury in Aries but applies in a trine to my ASC Leo(Sun).

But it was applying in a square to my 2nd house Jupiter :(.

I don't want temporary wealth, I want to be the wealthest man in the world.

waybread

I am not a gambler (with money, anyway) but just a couple of things to look for in a chart:

1. Not just planets in the 5th, but how they are aspected. Jupiter in the 5th might be someone who winds up with gambling debts if it is poorly aspected.

2. Look at the ruler ("lord") of the sign on the cusp of the 5th house. What house is it in, and how is it aspected? In the case of Alliewar's friend, he not only has very positive aspects to his 5th house moon/Jupiter, but the cusp ruler Mars is well-aspected in the 10th house of career. Not bad for a professional gambler.

It is just as well that I don't gamble because the ruler of my 5th house is Saturn in the 12th (the "house of self-undoing"), and it is afflicted.

3. Then do the same for the second house (of money.) The ruler of Alliewar's friend's money house is Saturn, also, but he is making a very close positive trine right back to that moon/Jupiter in the 5th house.

Most of us don't have such good charts for gambling, a leisure pursuit for the "mathematically challenged." My friends who enjoy gambling say that the best thing is just to put a dollar limit on the amount of money one is prepared to lose, and then view it as the price of one's entertainment. I don't quite get the entertainment value of a lottery ticket, but then I have other ways to waste my money!

stardust7

I have always had a weird feeling about the same thing. I have Jupiter in the 7th conjunct Sun, Jupiter loosely square Mars in the 10th; my 5th house is ruled by Jupiter (Sag) and contains my True Node.

Once, a long time ago, I meditated for a moment before picking several lottery numbers and then played them. The next day, those very numbers showed up as winners--on another game!!! ARGH!!! I was in shock and even showed my husband. I don't know if that means I lost my chance or what, but you better believe that when I play numbers now, I play them on both games!

Claire19

Well, it's all about odds. And people with better odds are those who take more risks. This is what you need to find in the chart; the will to run risks.
You may say it is all about odds but if you are not fated to win then no amount of money spent will give you a big win and if you do it is often it is at the expense of a huge outlay over time. Conversely there are those who are first time lucky winners and spend minimal amounts. I fall into that category although I have also lost money in other ways...

Asking these questions can take away hope I guess but then you may save heaps of money and better channel it into into other things like term investments for instance.

Last edited:

Claire19

I have always had a weird feeling about the same thing. I have Jupiter in the 7th conjunct Sun, Jupiter loosely square Mars in the 10th; my 5th house is ruled by Jupiter (Sag) and contains my True Node.

Once, a long time ago, I meditated for a moment before picking several lottery numbers and then played them. The next day, those very numbers showed up as winners--on another game!!! ARGH!!! I was in shock and even showed my husband. I don't know if that means I lost my chance or what, but you better believe that when I play numbers now, I play them on both games!
What bad luck if that is the right word. I do see from the limited info you have supplied that a partnership would be involved in any winnings but without the whole chart I cant say for sure.

I guess it was not meant to be that time.

Claire19

Saturn in the fifth isn't so bad.. my brother has saturn in the fifth and the way it would apply to him would be he takes his art very seriously, which is acting, it also took him time (keyword for saturn) to realize his creative potential. Hes not unlucky, maybe its the sagittarius sun, or limited in fun or creativity in anyway. But i can say that he feels like hes limited in fun and not as talented in acting, he has doubts.
I dont use words like evil. I have Saturn on the 5th cusp and have won monies in the lottery, not huge but quite substantial. The aspects elsewhere tell the whole story. WIthout that Saturn and it is in Leo, I would not have won anything I am sure.

piscesascendant

alliewar: Saturn in the fifth isn't so bad.. my brother has saturn in the fifth and the way it would apply to him would be he takes his art very seriously, which is acting, it also took him time (keyword for saturn) to realize his creative potential.
I also have Saturn in the fifth... well, fifth house cusp. It's a fourth/fifth blend, techincally in the fourth, but within 3 degrees of the fifth. In Cancer. Granted, people may say that's bad, but in my experience, it simply translates to being "at home" with more sophisticated forms of creativity, entertainment, and artistic insight. One of the pluses is that incorporate "not-so-sophisticated" avenues as well. It's kind of like this umbrella effect, where "high brow" and "low brow" are both appreciated, rather than just "low brow". The down side is that there can be an emphasis on a desire for the "high brow" to the point where it appears to neglect the "low brow". What I have to remind myself is that the "high" isn't "high" without the "low"... or to put it another way, what fun is a good entree without a killer desert? :D