Will I always have bad luck?

SagiCap

My life has been very difficult. The good days have far been outnumbered by the hard days. I'd like to know if my bad luck will ever cease and when. These have mostly been in the emotional, love, work and finance areas of life. Health has been ok, though now, just a little worse. Do you see the reason for this - and do you see any relief (and when?)

Thanks so much.

IERect940-1.gif

[Moderator note - thread moved here, as without its poster's astrological interp]

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

SagiCap, I think the key to your happiness will be learning the lessons of Saturn, if you have not done so already. You have a formation called a Thor's Hammer, in which Mercury and Pluto square one another, and then both form a sesqui-square (135 degrees) to Saturn in your 4th house. As if this weren't enough, Saturn opposes the horoscope's main good luck factors, Venus and Jupiter. With Capricorn rising, Saturn is your chart ruler, so he's an important guy to get to know. Nobody likes Saturn's lessons, as they involve patience, diligence, hard work, and getting by on very little. He's the cosmic bill collector, the Lord of Karma. But he does tend to reward his apt pupils later in life.

Emotionally I think you have gotten by with very little. Your "cool" moon in Aquarius squares both Neptune and Jupiter. This placement may make it hard for you to know whether your feelings about something match reality. It may be that just when you feel emotionally secure or like the good times are here, Neptune's illusions turn into bitter disillusionment. Now you see it, now you don't. With Venus in Scorpio opposed by Saturn, you may be plagued from time to time by feelings of jealousy, as well. But with your north node of personal growth conjunct your moon, working through your lunar issues is very important for you.

I think the thing to realize is that you may or may not have control over your material circumstances, but you do have control over how you feel about them. [Unless you suffer from depression or an anxiety disorder, which requires medical treatment.] Objectively, yes there are "bad days." But oftentimes people can decide that they deserve to be happy independently of what life hands them; usually by focusing on the little things that are beautiful or turn out well.

I am curious, SagiCap? What do you do when you want to do something nice for yourself? And sometimes people don't look after their health. {I am not saying you do not.]

You see, we could point out trants or progressions when things should go better for you. But the good and bad times will follow one another without fail. Easy transits will be followed by difficult transits. So it's best to look at your natal chart first.

smilingsteph

I am sorry that you feel this way!
I too can join the club, really! I tell people some of the light stories about my life (as the deeper ones are very personal) and it is not for them to comment, but to give a story about a bad day at work, they usually stop and say "wow why does that stuff happen to you?"

Before I read Waybreads thoughts, because Waybread is better than me :wink: and seeing how I feel about the chart is helping me to learn...

First thing to look at when we have struggles is Saturn. Saturn, is not bad, if badly aspected to personal planets we can have issues when we dont do what the universe is calling for us to do.

Saturn is square your moon, in the first. Saturn is in your fourth house, maybe did you have troubles with your mother/father, or did they have issues, some differences?
Maybe you have had to mother yourself? Or had to grow up young? Or had undue pressures on you that were hurtful?

The emotional moon, is hindered by the responsiblities of Saturn. This can lead to negative attitudes, and times of depression.
The negative emotions of the Moon added to the duties of Saturn can make you feel like it is your duty to feel depressed, to feel negative.

The first house is where the world sees you, but it is also how you view the world. What Waybread is saying is so true, all of these things are going on inside, yet they also project outwards. As your moon in the first is the focal point of these feelings that you have.

My aunt is a very wise woman and said "what you put out is what you get back."

I have tried very hard to listen and learn that advice. I try to be positive and really when I do it, the good comes back. It is only when I let my negative feelings take over is when I get hit with something bad. This is why I call myself "smiling" I try to do this whenever I can. A smile goes a long way...

I digress...

Your moon rules the 7th house so what Waybread said and what I said crosses over into your relationships with others, enemies and those of loving relations.

With so many planets at the upper part of the chart, it seems as though you dont take time to care for you? Your moon, chiron and nn are down there with the majority of the energy up above.

One thing I notice is that venus is conjunct very tightly the MC. This can lead to you being popular for being diplomatic, and trying to make things nice for all. You also may have used your charming ways and or good looks to get along with those in authority. You may even become known for your relationships or romantic life.
Okay now with that said, you underestimate your own self-worth by letting those in authority gain control over you. This also may translate into your own home- I dont know what that means for you, as venus rules the 4th house that Saturn resides in.
While Saturn is opposing Venus, he also opposes the MC. So making it in your career may take a lot of hard work. I dont see why your career would suffer. It seems like you have a lot of talent and a lot to give.
Then again, I think it is a balancing act that you might be missing. The ability to balance you out with the world.
Your mercury in the 12th needs time to reflect, to write, sing, meditate...Mercury rules your 6th house in Gemini and if you are not giving time to your mercurial needs to the 12th then your 6th house of health will suffer.

Honestly I am right along with you in that everything seems to go wrong with certain people, the universe isnt giving us a break...

I think of Ben Harper and his lyrics when I feel down: From the song " the will to live"

I once knew a man who had to walk with his hands
Born into a world he could not stand
Cursed with life
But born as a man
Still he walks taller than most others can....
We must all have the will to live
I met a girl whose heart
was on the right hand side
and upon the left
an angel did reside
they told her mother
that she never would survive
but she kept the rhythm
and is still alive

(normally the anatomical position of the heart is on the left- but hers was on the right and she still lived!)

Some are born with more
and some born with less
so don't take for granted
the life we've been blessed
it's hard to understand
that we're only a guest
and each one of us
shall be put to life's test

My life could be so much worse. I could suffer living in a place where I had no food, clean clothes, or a roof over my head. But I have all three! I dont know what your position in life is, so dont take offense...but it could be so much worse....yet it isnt...

So when I feel down, these lyrics really put life into perspective for me.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Since this thread is under Dignites & debilities, I will point out that in your chart Mercury, Jupiter and Mars have essential dignity of term. In classical interpretation this is about as strong as any other dignity but requires initiative and effort on the part of the native: Things will not just happen to you.

Mercury is in it joy in the first whole sign house. It is very well placed and strong and rules the sixth sign/house. This indicates that you will experience good health during your life if you actively take care of yourself. Saturn rules your first house, and it rules bones and teeth, so be sure your diet has enough calcium and vitamin D to avoid trouble in that area.

Mercury also rules your occupation as second triplicity ruler of both your tenth and second house. Mercury rules many types of work that use the logical mind: teaching, business, computers etc. You could make money and even be happy in these fields. However, you will have to prepare and search for this as it will not just fall upon you.

Jupiter, the good luck planet, is afflicted by Saturn, but it is also in its joy. It is stronger and in a better place than Saturn and will show its power in your life in due time. It rules your 12th house and indicates that you will be able to overcome difficulties that come your way in life.

Mars rules the 11th house of your hopes and wishes. It is a strong house culminating and with both Jupiter and Venus present. This should overcome the delays of Saturn. Write down the objectives you have for your life and review them frequently. This will help you attain to them.

As for the specific timing of your chart, this would require calculating the primary and secondary directions. This would take considerable time to do although once done, you have it for life. Perhaps you can find an astrologer to do that for you or learn the methods yourself. It is within your power with a strong Mercury.

Hope this helps.

SagiCap

Thanks to all of you. I've been silent - but only because I'm weighing carefully what all you 3 have written to me. I really appreciate the info here.

SagiCap

I am sorry that you feel this way!
I too can join the club, really! I tell people some of the light stories about my life (as the deeper ones are very personal) and it is not for them to comment, but to give a story about a bad day at work, they usually stop and say "wow why does that stuff happen to you?"

Before I read Waybreads thoughts, because Waybread is better than me :wink: and seeing how I feel about the chart is helping me to learn...

First thing to look at when we have struggles is Saturn. Saturn, is not bad, if badly aspected to personal planets we can have issues when we dont do what the universe is calling for us to do.

Saturn is square your moon, in the first. Saturn is in your fourth house, maybe did you have troubles with your mother/father, or did they have issues, some differences?
Maybe you have had to mother yourself? Or had to grow up young? Or had undue pressures on you that were hurtful?

The emotional moon, is hindered by the responsiblities of Saturn. This can lead to negative attitudes, and times of depression.
The negative emotions of the Moon added to the duties of Saturn can make you feel like it is your duty to feel depressed, to feel negative.

The first house is where the world sees you, but it is also how you view the world. What Waybread is saying is so true, all of these things are going on inside, yet they also project outwards. As your moon in the first is the focal point of these feelings that you have.

My aunt is a very wise woman and said "what you put out is what you get back."

I have tried very hard to listen and learn that advice. I try to be positive and really when I do it, the good comes back. It is only when I let my negative feelings take over is when I get hit with something bad. This is why I call myself "smiling" I try to do this whenever I can. A smile goes a long way...

I digress...

Your moon rules the 7th house so what Waybread said and what I said crosses over into your relationships with others, enemies and those of loving relations.

With so many planets at the upper part of the chart, it seems as though you dont take time to care for you? Your moon, chiron and nn are down there with the majority of the energy up above.

One thing I notice is that venus is conjunct very tightly the MC. This can lead to you being popular for being diplomatic, and trying to make things nice for all. You also may have used your charming ways and or good looks to get along with those in authority. You may even become known for your relationships or romantic life.
Okay now with that said, you underestimate your own self-worth by letting those in authority gain control over you. This also may translate into your own home- I dont know what that means for you, as venus rules the 4th house that Saturn resides in.
While Saturn is opposing Venus, he also opposes the MC. So making it in your career may take a lot of hard work. I dont see why your career would suffer. It seems like you have a lot of talent and a lot to give.
Then again, I think it is a balancing act that you might be missing. The ability to balance you out with the world.
Your mercury in the 12th needs time to reflect, to write, sing, meditate...Mercury rules your 6th house in Gemini and if you are not giving time to your mercurial needs to the 12th then your 6th house of health will suffer.

Honestly I am right along with you in that everything seems to go wrong with certain people, the universe isnt giving us a break...

I think of Ben Harper and his lyrics when I feel down: From the song " the will to live"

I once knew a man who had to walk with his hands
Born into a world he could not stand
Cursed with life
But born as a man
Still he walks taller than most others can....
We must all have the will to live
I met a girl whose heart
was on the right hand side
and upon the left
an angel did reside
they told her mother
that she never would survive
but she kept the rhythm
and is still alive

(normally the anatomical position of the heart is on the left- but hers was on the right and she still lived!)

Some are born with more
and some born with less
so don't take for granted
the life we've been blessed
it's hard to understand
that we're only a guest
and each one of us
shall be put to life's test

My life could be so much worse. I could suffer living in a place where I had no food, clean clothes, or a roof over my head. But I have all three! I dont know what your position in life is, so dont take offense...but it could be so much worse....yet it isnt...

So when I feel down, these lyrics really put life into perspective for me.

So sorry to hear of your trouble too - because I REALLY understand their impact. Hang in there, Smiley! We definately have the tools to turn things around. Would just be nice to catch the breaks thrown to so many others sometimes. :(

Lin

I think that whenever the moon and Jupiter are negatively aspected, it is a "clue" that some of the bad luck is bad judgement, and some is "emotional" decision making. The bad luck part of this is the Neptune square Moon, which, even though wide, is still square.

It's really important when you have aspects such as these that all decisions be made without resorting to "chop logic" or old habits....
you have Saturn opposition Jupiter. Not only do they both square the moon (programming, habit, etc.) but that opposition in itself is of prime importance.
Study it.

Your actions of the moment often do not contribute in a positive way to your overall goal value system. If you fight against yourself, you can't win.
Validate to yourself when something negative happens that you could have prevented by taking other actions than the ones you took.

In other words, take responsibility. And get rid of the people in your life who are part of the problem and not the solution. Detach and grow a new garden.
LIN