Will My Boyfriend and I Move In Together?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
So, this is kind of a combination relationship/relocation, but I felt like being crazy and posting in the relocation board, just for the fun of it.

3113486dc001c586e.jpg

So, here's the chart for the moment I asked the question. Checking to see if it's radical, the Ascendant is neither early nor late, and in fact it cooresponds to my natal Piscean Ascendant. The Lord of the Hour is Jupiter, who rules the Sign Ascending showing the chart is radical as well. The only thing is that weird is that Luna is VOC in her own Sign of Cancer and (perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can correct me on this) I've read that Luna cannot be considered Void in the Signs of Cancer, Taurus, or Pisces; the Signs of the benefics.

So when I first looked at this chart it seemed to me that it was suggesting an undeniable yes. My boyfriend is signifed by Mercury as Virgo falls on the Seventh, and my house is also signified by Mercury as Gemini is on the Fourth cusp. Since my boyfriend and my home are the same planet, that suggests a strong connection. Not only that, but Mercury is also in the Fourth house, showing my boyfriend is literally to be in my home. Okay, that's great and all, but why do I not seem happier?

If I'm signified by Jupiter in Depression and retrograde, why am I so upset by this? My boyfriend in Gemini is detrimenting me, and I'm actually very upset by this. Jupiter is in my Eleventh house of dreams, and Jupiter here is said to bring about the fruition of such hopes. There is no aspect, reception, collection, or translation between Mercury and Jupiter, so I find that to be very strange. Taking myself as Luna we have the same problems, except I am significantly more dignified by domicile and term. Again, though, there is no reception, aspect, or translation of light. However, if we include the Outers (and I mostly do not) there is a collection of light by Uranus who has already acquired the light of Luna via a Trine and will soon acquire the light of Mercury through a Square. Since Uranus doesn't actually have any light, this is probably not applicable.

Flipping through Fixed Stars, I find none that are conjoined with important planets to be significant (in honesty, only Mercury is conjoined with Capella, but I didn't find that star's significance to be important to the question)

Sounds like a yes, but I'm going to regret it. Any other insights?

archergirl

Hi Kai,

It's not that the Moon isn't VOC in late Cancer, it's that the Moon "is not much impeded" by being void in Cancer. In other words, if she were applying immediately to something else, the application would be considered valid even out of sign.

However, the problem is, this Moon IS void; and she's void for a very long time. The Moon will not make an aspect until she sextiles Mercury at around 22 degrees.

I think you'll get cold feet or something; Jupiter is retrograde, indicating a change of mind.

The fact that the Moon is VOC in the 5th house *should* be of some significance, don't you think?

I don't think the move will happen...yet. It may happen later on, but something is going to get in the way. Jupiter separates from Venus in the 5th; and Venus in this chart rules communications and 'his money'. Hmm. Perhaps the issue will be what he is bringing to the table, or the wallet, so to speak.

I don't know enough about your situation to make any sense of this, but you might be able to.;)

AG:)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It's not that the Moon isn't VOC in late Cancer, it's that the Moon "is not much impeded" by being void in Cancer. In other words, if she were applying immediately to something else, the application would be considered valid even out of sign.

Awesome, thanks a lot for correcting me. :)

I think you'll get cold feet or something; Jupiter is retrograde, indicating a change of mind.

Hehe, this is actually pretty funny. At first I was all for it, but it wasn't until recently that I sort of slowed it down with a 'Hey, wait a second...' So, like a stereotypical retrograde planet I started rethinking things and wanted to make sure that this is something we both wanted and were ready for.

The fact that the Moon is VOC in the 5th house *should* be of some significance, don't you think?

Definitely, and it sort of echoes my original concern about him and the domestics both being in my Sign of detriment. Ugh...I wonder how many cases of cold feet due to astrology there have been. :)

Jupiter separates from Venus in the 5th; and Venus in this chart rules communications and 'his money'. Hmm. Perhaps the issue will be what he is bringing to the table, or the wallet, so to speak.

I don't know enough about your situation to make any sense of this, but you might be able to.

I'll fill in some blank spots and why that raised my eyebrow. He has a job (dork makes more money than I do...) but for whatever reason hasn't been paid for the work he's done and is in the process of just sort of waiting it out and finding another job that won't jip him out of pay. So, perhaps this is what's getting in the way as - at this point - he's not able to bring anything to the table as his current job isn't paying him and he's currently looking for another.

I'm praying it's actually that simple...but few things are.

Thanks for everything, AG. :)

starlink

Hello Kai, there has also been the inconjunct (which I usually find quite indicative) between Jupiter and Mercury. Something must already have been not totally right between you and him (hence the question?). I see that he has the tendency to become quite possessive. Is this true? And it could become worse once you are living together. (Merc, opposing angular Pluto).
I also noticed that Jupiter is in the same degrees as the Nodes, quite a fateful event apparently this moving together. And with the VOC Moon, I think AG is right. Luna (as you call her) might be less affected in her own sign, but she will move into Leo and the 6th house, both not very fantastic. So I also think that something might happen which prevents the moving in together. Hope I am wrong!

Culpeper

Premium Member
Recently I have been reading another edition of William Lilly's book so I adapted the rules of the 7th house, there given, to your question. There are also 33 aphorisms listed to assist in judgement in matters of the 7th.

From this I would have your significators to be Jupiter and also Sun and Mars. Boy friend is Mercury and also Moon and Venus.

Now Jupiter is in fall, Rx and disposed by Saturn. This is not very good as your hopes and wishes will be delayed. Mars is moving to conjoin Saturn but this will not help as these two hate each other. Then the only close connection between significators is Venus separating from opposition to Jupiter. Oppositions of the benefics can produce some results, but the separating aspect indicates you two will draw farther apart.

I would say that the answer to the question is no; but the other party's significators are very strong; therefore, you may find reason to go ahead anyway.

vale

archergirl

From this I would have your significators to be Jupiter and also Sun and Mars. Boy friend is Mercury and also Moon and Venus.
This is intriguing, Culpeper. Why the Sun and Mars for Kaiousei and the Moon and Venus for the BF? Which edition of Lilly is this in? (I have the Roell edition...)

Thanks!
AG:)

Culpeper

Premium Member
Archergirl et al.

I was reading a reprint of the edition of 1852 titled Introduction to the Study of Astrology William Lilly, edited by Zadkiel and available from Amazon. The text in this section is some what different from the Roell edition. However, in both, the querent and the quesited are each assigned three significators two of which are natural significators. In looking at the Roell edition, I might have chosen different planets, but I think my conclusion would be the same.

vale

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Kai: I am having a problem with house allocation here: Let's look at it this way: If the BF is signified by h7, his current home would be his turned fourth, yes? (the tenth).
If he were to move to another home ( ie to *move in with you*), that home would be signified by his *fourth from his fourth*, yes?,making a home to which he would relocate, the ascendant,yes?

Now, if you had to move house, (I presume you would), then a house to which you would move would be your fourth from your fourth, yes?
So, as I look at this, I think both the relational question AND the moving question can be addressed by looking at the aspects between Jupiter and Mercury.Especially as the same two planets rule the H4-H10 axis.

I see mercury, his ruler is comfortably *in* a house *he would move to*, and dignified there by sign and angular position. At the moment, *everyone likes* mercury- Saturn is in his sign, so is mars, and both are in his twelfth approaching *him*-mars much more quickly than saturn of course, but still fairly slow and paying attention to the details, *behind the scenes*, his twelfth. (Maybe he's recently started thinking about stabilising his life in some way.).

I see Uranus in your first house and mercury applying to square it...I think this means a sudden announcement of some kind...
I know we're *not supposed to* look at non-ptolemaic aspects in horary, but I can't help but notice that mercury applies a gentle quintile to saturn and mars. I think quintiles can create *easy opportunities*, an ease of movement, and to saturn is good, because saturn rules the eleventh house (his fifth) but your hopes and wishes. Quintiles are about *attunement*.

Your ruler is retrograde and in fall, as you know...not the best time to implement change.His ruler is in a much better position than yours and he is in your (current) *home*....The trine to the node by mercury draws my attention to the fact that secrets or clandestine interactions may be going on here-the node is in the twelfth, and venus is inconjunct it.

The late degree of the moon tells me *no change*, at least not as far as you're concerned.
The ruler of your money house (2) is mars and mars is stuck in the sixth about to be caught between a rock and an irritatingly hard place....so I think it is you who is prevented from the relocation.
As *he* is the ruler of *your* fourth maybe you will move in *later on*...after he is already there...(just a thought).

Your ruler is not making any aspects...so my final summation is that *he* will move to a new place where he can see you in secret...I'd re ask this question after jupiter has gone direct.I wonder how long we should give this horary to play out? I also think William Lilly advised against running the chart if the querent's significator was retrograde, but I might be wrong.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

Last edited: